Read the untranslated law here: http://app.parlamento.pt/webutils/docs/doc.pdf?path=6148523063446f764c3246795a5868774d546f334e7a67774c336470626d6c7561574e7059585270646d467a4c316776644756346447397a4c3342716244557a4e7931594c6d527659773d3d&fich=pjl537-X.doc&Inline=false
1 DRAFT law No 537/X ELEVATION of LAVOS, in the MUNICIPALITY of FIGUEIRA DA FOZ, a village explanatory memorandum 1. The origins and historical development the toponym Lavos derives from the Latin term "lavanus", of uncertain origin, through the old Portuguese "lávãos", which remained until the 16th century. Lavos's old town. Was Christian, town and county seat. The your Christian already appears mentioned in testamentary donations made by Abbot Peter (died 1100), the Church of s. Julião (Figueira da Foz) to the see of Coimbra. Invaded by Saracens, met several attacks, epidemics and consequent mortandades who contributed to the drying up your settlement. The first attempt to repopulate the region was due to the action of the Bishop of Coimbra, João Anaia (1148-1154), who distributed the couto de Lavos and other villages annexed by 7 settlers under condition of taking habits down to the feet. Not by the failure of this initiative, turned out to be some strife between the see of Coimbra and the monastery of Santa Cruz, both claimants of the right of ownership over the land. Will be by Bull of 1203, which couto de Lavos passes into ownership and landlord of the Cathedral of Coimbra. In 1217, the Navy receives foral de Lavos d. Afonso II. D. Manuel was going to grant it a Charter back in 1519, designating it by Lavãos. The primitive village of Lavãos 2 port would be, however, buried by the devastating power of ocean dunes and Sands, between 1628-1632, rebuilt in a higher dimension Church your in, NC. However, new soterrações forced to erect new temple on higher ground (1743), choosing the place of Santa Luzia, where, incidentally, still remains. Only in the beginning of the 20th century. With a plan of planting the dunes of Lavos, if ended the devastating power of the bustling and dangerous sands. Lavos and Paião formed a county that, in 1853, would be phased out and attached to the fig tree.
2. Route of Salinas or a mandatory visit to the gardens of salt. The salinas form an integral part of the history, culture and landscape of this region. Since the dawn of nationality until a recent past, salt exploitation in the Mondego estuary was one of their main economic activities. Typology of salinas and the technology of production assume in this municipality certain specifics that don't exist in other regions of Portugal and salt pans of Europe, having survived to the present day an artisanal technique, extremely well cared for and well adapted to the Middle, which prints at salinas of Morraceira and Warehouses of Lavos, a true character of salt Gardens. In the case of landscapes extremely confined geographically and in accelerated disappearance, the craft should be preserved, salinas once currently are recognized as true cultural legacies which is associated with a specific fauna and flora which often includes species and communities of great natural value.
By force of circumstances the secular salt production, around the Mondego estuary, declined precipitously from the decades of 60/70, converting many of the abandoned sites to new and more profitable productions (fish farming). After all, 3 aware that navies of salt remain an important part of the landscape, of the imaginary and historical identity of the municipality, the municipality acquired in 1999 the Salina Snake Runner, sita in warehouses of Lavos. Community projects ALLAS (All About Salt-2000-2003) and Atlantic salt (Interreg IIIB-2005-2007) were fundamental to enable the municipality to develop a multiplicity of actions extended to different sectors and interests in the context of the partnerships and strategic action lines defined by the respective programs.
Since the studies on biodiversity in the salinas Mondego estuary, the Cartographic survey in SIG elaborated on the Salty of Figueira da Foz, the certification process of the traditional salt, encouraging participation and creating meetings between producers of traditional sea salt, to seminars and academic meetings around the theme, the traditional salt Festival promoted the setting up of pedestrian routes, to the awareness of the importance of salt "as" in the community in General, in the school community, in the scientific community, the consumer and the hotels and catering, the campaigns of salt while economic, cultural and tourist product, the release of the man's activity, produced research on the history of Salty ... several have been efforts , actions and projects developed in order to revitalize this activity so this true eco-Museum, from Lavos, the County share and disseminate aware of your environmental responsibility, social, economic and cultural.
The Salina Snake row should therefore be seen as a whole interpretable (salina, warehouse, core and rota), working as a production unit and demonstrative, but also as a training area for new marnotos, as pedagogical unit, lab, as an ecosystem of enjoyment pure and simple for nature lovers and pedestriantes, with a comprehensive strategy for the preservation, maintenance and dissemination of this activity. 4 3. Traditions-feasts in honour of Nossa Senhora da Conceição, in Costa de Lavos, at the beginning of September-feasts in honour of Nossa Senhora da Luz, on 25 July, in Oak-feasts in honour of Santo António, on 13 June, in Santa Luzia-feasts in honour of Saint John, June 24, Regalheiras-feasts in honour of Saint George in the month of may in Bizorreio. In addition, they practice in the parish, yet, the traditional goat-blind games, piao, traction, Foosball, Domino, "donkey" (letters) and target shooting.
4. geographical, physical Characterization and socio-economic the parish of Lavos is located in the South of the municipality of Figueira da Foz, Coimbra district, on the left bank of the River Mondego, whose municipal headquarters is about 12 kms. Has as border parishes St. Peter and village green to the North; Paião the source and Navy waves to the South. With an area of about 44 kms2, Lavos is made up of the following places: Warehouses, Bizorreiro, Boavista, Cabecinhos, Couple of Adams, Catalina, Baroque, Regalheiras, Santa Lucía, part of Hill, Franco and Costa de Lavos. Lavos is founded on the beaches south of the Mondego. The primitive settlement disappeared little by little in the sand: this phenomenon called "floods of the sand from the sea". To stop the debauchery of shifting dunes found a solution on afforestation. Thus, in 1802 was handed to academician José Bonifácio de Andrade e Silva 5 function sowing and planting the beaches of the coast. But sowing were, in your most, destroyed by troops patrolling the coast, when Junot, of the French invasions. Only in 1906 were, finally, seeded the land of this area to the coast of Lavos, due to the reforestation process that, at the time, was being carried out throughout the country. Thus, due to the shifting dunes sowings were dormant. If that did not occur were submerged and Regalheiras. Are vivid and contrasting colors that paint the natural riches of this parish. The white of the salt in the Morraceira Island, the green of pine and eucalyptus, the Brown of the arable land of revolver, the blue and white of the sea situated on the sands of praia da Costa de Lavos, the colourful boats of their fishermen. This location was the number of seamen who set out one day, to the hard work of fishing for cod in the North Atlantic seas. Kept-if already in memory the sound spotted in iron forge of his old Smiths of this parish. In singing and expressive of their costuming folk groups remain, however, echoes and colors of traditions that time does not erase or fade.
5. Demographics according to the 2001 CENSUS, the parish of Lavos possessed 4,171 residents and voters listed 3,505. A percentage of this population about core analysis of 25% of the inhabitants are children and young people, representing 52% the percentage of adults of working age. As regards the elderly represent approximately 23% of the local population. 6 6. Built heritage: in Santa Luzia, right in the heart of the parish, the beautiful parish church (16th century. 18th century) which houses our Lady of conception, patron saint of the parish, receives also the prayers and praises of Santa Luzia, special devotion in the village. Is perhaps the most church stands out among the Parish Council counterparts, especially by the profusion of decorative elements.
Highlights: the baptismal font in Ançã stone, of the 21st century. XVI; about the arco-cruzeiro a wooden image of Santa Luzia that embraces and watch the faithful; the main altarpiece and collaterals, Rococo aesthetic in Golden wood and marble in the 21st century. XVIII; the chapel of the Confraternity of the Blessed Sacrament with the sculptural representation of the Trinity, in polychrome limestone, 16th century. XVI; opposite, in the chapel of souls, an image of roca, the Pieta. The chapel stands the beautiful altarpiece and a Saint in a Scholastic of the lateral edículas. The Patron Saint is depicted on canvas, painted by Pascoal relative in 1789, placed on the right side wall of the nave. The roof, with its 45 wooden caissons, is certainly worthy of notability. Despite all the present different reason caissons, only the middle one is figurative, representing the Patron Saint. Finally, reference to the gilded and marbled body (21st century. XVIII) in the choir. This church is in the process of classification as property in the public interest. Has been the subject of recent restorations and improvements at the level of the façade and the interior your.
7. The Collective Equipments and public interest in village of Lavos is based the Regional Health Administration of the Centre, health subregion of Coimbra. In addition to this public service we can find in Lavos collective equipment, among which: 7-Day Centre and home to our Lady of light and Day Centre Nossa Senhora da Conceição A.T.L.-7 homes and social support centres-1 kindergarten-the House of the people-1 doctor's Office-1 laboratory of clinical analyses – 4 Nursery Schools pharmacy 1-5 1-1 E.B. 's CTT Station-Church-Chapel of St. George.
-Our Lady of light Chapel-Salt Museum at the level of the social/cultural equipment, Lavos has:-Centro Recreativo e Cultural Carvalhense-Artistic Musical Society Carvalhense-Sport Club de Lavos-Costa de Lavos Sports Club-Club of hunters in the South of the Mondego-Moto Club from the South of the Mondego-group of young people of the parish of Lavos-Morris dancers "The salt pans of Lavos"-Folklore and ethnographic of Ranch Oak 8 8. Economic activities and commercial and industrial establishments to the industrial level the Factory of SOPORCEL-Sociedade Portuguesa de Papel, SA. In addition to this list:-1 manufacturer of footwear-1 construction company. Already with regard to trade and services, Lavos is provided with:-2-3 Metal carpentry and cabinetmaking-2 Supermarkets-1 Bakery-pastries and confectioneries 3-10 coffee-Grocery-4 1-1 Surface Average food company-2 butcher's sausage-7 Restaurants and Residential -1-2 Hairdressers and barbers-2 Companies of cosmetics-1 ready-to-wear-1 shoe store-1 Storekeeper-2 Companies of import and export of fisheries products-fish farms 7-3 Companies of studies , management, accounting, and consulting.
9 So, in accordance with the rules and applicable legal, Mr petition presents the following draft law: Article only the village of Lavos, in the municipality of Figueira da Foz, is elevated to the category of village.
São Bento Palace, June 4 2008.
The Social Democratic Party Deputy Miguel Almeida
Search Translated Laws of Portugal