Read the untranslated law here: http://app.parlamento.pt/webutils/docs/doc.pdf?path=6148523063446f764c3246795a5868774d546f334e7a67774c336470626d6c7561574e7059585270646d467a4c316776644756346447397a4c334271624463774e6931594c6d527659773d3d&fich=pjl706-X.doc&Inline=false
GROUP 1 draft law No. 706/X/4th elevation of Lordelo in the municipality of Vila Real, to the category of Vila explanatory memorandum I – brief account 1. Historical framework the story of Lordelo is lost in time. Lordelo was once the county seat, and some documents to prove it. Already been Village but when your integration in the municipality of Vila Real, became another one of its many villages. Had Jail, and Court Chamber, apart from pelourinho, which is today classified as a national monument. D. Manuel I gave it foral to November 12, 1519 in the Manueline inquiries.
On this date there were twenty-four couples and four means couples who paid various rights in money. But already in the time of d. Dinis, for inquiries for he arranged, if indicated the existence of Lordelo. According to the written Loyal pine, Lordelo is a very old settlement, because it was the "Lordellos" in King Dinis ' (King of 1279 to 1325). From one point and in the course of time, it was a fief of the Távora, Mitchelstown where took refuge in time of the Marquis of Pombal. Was Crown property, improvement of the Jerónimos Monastery, it was still owned by the Abbey of Vila Marim, later, autonomous Vestry and Parish Council. With the administrative reorganization of the territory of 1835, which established the districts, the District of Vila Real began to consist of 30 municipalities, between the wanted to include the municipality of Lordelo. In 1836, by Decree of 6 November, were extinct 18 of these municipalities. Among the extinct was Lordelo. Long is the history of Glasgow. We could mention your experience through the centuries, the source, your transformations by now, your donations, your illustrious figures, their weapons and coats of arms, etc. We could say that, and more, just that today only matter GROUP 2 portray realistically and with truth, which is thriving, of Glasgow life and pride of their children.
2. Geographical location and general characterization Lordelo is one of the 30 civil parishes of Vila Real, lies on the southern slope of the Alvão, about 550 meters of altitude and the relatively small area, your 5.16 km2.
It is bordered by the parishes of Borbela, Nossa Senhora da Conceição, São Dinis and Vila Marim.
Is a civil parish with unique characteristics in the municipality of Vila Real, because it is a rural, suburban and urban simultaneously. In the parish which lies on the southern slope of the Alvão, predominant forest and grazing land and on your lustful veiga are agricultural land based on very productive soils and abundant water. Lordelo is crossed by several rivers and streams, the most important of these, to ribeira da Maíla who maintains an extensive network of under irrigated cultivation. Is served by a reasonable road network and adjusted to current needs of the parish. The entire parish is well served by water, sanitation, electricity, telephone network and, in some areas, natural gas and cable tv.
3. The population demographic Characterization of Lordelo has grown continuously and is today estimated at around 6000 inhabitants. In 1997 the number of voters was 1,987, and in December 31, 2008 according to the map with the number of registered players in the electoral census published in the Diário da República, series II, no. 43 of March 3 2009, that number was 2,418 voters recorded in this parish. With a population density in 1991 of 399/Km2., in 2001 this figure was already the 559/Km2. and currently around/Km2.. 1,163 the number of fires is about 2800 with a tendency to increase in the coming years.
II – characterization of the economic, social, cultural and PARLIAMENTARY GROUP 3 4 population. Economic activity and all sectors of activity are represented in the parish, with predominance to the secondary and tertiary sectors. Lordelo is land of dynamic, active and enterprising people. In general the lordelenses seek constantly evolving socio-professional and there are many who have become entrepreneurs enablers of wealth and jobs. By tradition it is also land of students which is by saying that it is the land of people of culture. For doors with Vila Real ai is the main source of your work, but the very parish is home to many services and some industrial and commercial activity, in addition to some subsistence farming.
5. Fairs and markets Important for the local economy is, without doubt, the cattle fair, fortnightly, on the 1st and 3rd Sunday of every month, where trades livestock, clothing, agricultural tools, furniture, plants, seeds, etc. Lately, in facilities well outlined and built from scratch for the effect, on Tuesdays and Fridays, the so-called Fair of Levante, whose scope, which brought great dynamism to the local life.
6. Museums, libraries and monuments in the parish church there is a Museum of religious art and the Lordelense Cultural Center there is a small library. As for monuments, it is worth noting the Pelourinho, a national monument and a real ex-lilibris in the parish. It's still the Lord's Cruise of the afflicted, located in the chapel of our Lord of the afflicted, dating from the 18th century, and the cross of independence, built in 1940.
7. religious Equipment there is only one church, the Chiesa Madre (mother church), completed in 1669 and several chapels: Capela de São Roque, 17TH century (1602); Chapel of Santa Ana; Chapel of Nossa sª da Graça, GROUP 4 in the Laundry; Chapel of Senhor dos Aflitos; The chapel of the Lord of the Forsaken and the chapel of our Lady da Conceição S in Cales. There are several shrines scattered over various locations in the parish.
8. Gastronomy, festivals and fairs Usually say in Lordelo all women cook well, making authentic miracles of cooking. Is traditional dish, oven rice enriched with roasted potatoes, accompanied with a tasty goat or lamb. The vast traditional sweets, two sweets are famous-toast cream and the sarrabulho. Santa Maria Madalena is the patron saint of Glasgow, although the most important festivities are in honor of our Lord of the afflicted, famous pilgrimage and very busy.
9. Villages the parish of Lordelo encompasses the following clusters: Cales;
Neighborhood of Cal;
the Neighborhood bar;
Bairro da Coutada;
Place do Tojal;
Place the valleys;
Quinta da Veiga;
the District Watered: GROUP 5 Lord of the Afflicted;
Place the grass;
Place the Willow;
Place the Valley of the Lot;
Place the Souto;
pitch Place Parker's place;
10. collective Lordelo Equipment has the following facilities: Parish Council headquarters;
Centro Hospitalar de Trás-os-Montes e Alto Douro, EPE;
Oncological Centre of Trás-os-Montes e Alto Douro;
Nursing School of Vila Real (UTAD);
Fair Park building Lordelo (cattle);
Levante trade fair;
trade fair of cattle;
leisure park with Picnic Area;
Sports centres of Laverqueira;
Sports complex of crosses;
School EB1 of Lordelo;
kindergarten of Lordelo;
Cultural Center building Lordelense;
water treatment Station and waste;
nursing home of Petisqueira;
public Internet consultation;
Social housing Neighbourhood.
Perspective, in the short term, construction/completion of following equipments: integrated school centre with kindergarten, 1st, 2nd and 3rd cycle of basic education and Secondary Education; senior citizens Home;
Hospital Clinic 6 PARLIAMENTARY GROUP of long-term care;
Health Centre No. 3 of Vila Real;
Board of health and public health laboratory.
11. Cultural, recreational and sporting Associations Lordelo gathers in your territory the following associations: Lordelense Cultural Centre;
Sports Association of Laverqueira;
Aléu singing group;
f. c. Lordelo;
Drum group of Lordelo;
Youth Group of Lordelo;
factory Commission of the Church;
Commission of Lordelo parties;
Rancho Folclorico de Lordelo;
Group of Teatro de Lordelo.
12. Public transport Lordelo is served by collective public transport network of Corgobus-Transportes Urbanos de Vila Real, with a periodicity of 8:00 pm 20 minutes. It also has a taxi rank with 8 cars.
13. Trade, Industry and services number of units by type of equipment: tourism-1;
Cafés and snack bars-16;
Bakeries – 6 (4 with homespun);
Butcher and Deli-1;
Mini markets and grocery stores-6;
gas trading – 4;
GROUP 7 construction companies-11;
bulldozers companies – 2;
car repairers – 10;
Workshops on locks and aluminium-2;
Workshops of carpentry and joinery-2;
plant nurseries and gardening – 1;
hairdressing and aesthetics – 4;
accounting offices – 1;
14. Banking network Although no Bank agency, Lordelo has three automatic teller machines ATM.
III – Conclusions the elevation to the status of village of Lordelo in the municipality and district of Vila Real, in addition to responding to the legitimate aspirations of the population, is based on important historic reasons, social, cultural and economic were summarily described in the explanatory memorandum. Thus, in accordance with the rules applicable and constitutional and in accordance with the provisions of law No. 11/82, of 2 June, the undersigned Members of the PSD parliamentary group present the following Bill: sole article the village Lordelo, in the municipality of Vila Real, is elevated to the category of village.
Members Ricardo Martins Rosário Águas
Search Translated Laws of Portugal