Read the untranslated law here: http://app.parlamento.pt/webutils/docs/doc.pdf?path=6148523063446f764c3246795a5868774d546f334e7a67774c336470626d6c7561574e7059585270646d467a4c316776644756346447397a4c334271624451774e5331594c6d527659773d3d&fich=pjl405-X.doc&Inline=false
Draft law n° 405/X ' draft law n° 405/X Â STATUS of REPRESENTATIVE of the PUBLIC in the REGION ES NOMAS ACTION ' STANDALONE ORES and wood display of Reasons the Constitutional Law Nr 1/2004, of 24 July, in the framework of the consolidation and reinforcement of democratic autonomy island policy , created the post of representative of the Republic in the Region Autonomous ³ µ s nomas of ores and steel wood, appointed by the President of the Republic, extinguishing the previous posts of Ministers of the Republic.
The new figure of Delegate of the Republic assumes a medical jurÃ-constitutional nature different from his predecessors, for that matter greatly to be a clarificaÃ of the institutional position, setting the rules of the exercÃ your cio, its competence and the regime of responsibility, rights and obligation µ s why should govern.
Thus, in accordance with constitutional and applicable regulations, the undersigned Members have the following draft law: Article 1 (subject matter) the Republic is represented in each of the standalone ³ µ s nomas region by a representative of the Republic, whose status is established in this law.
Article 2nd (naming, the exoneraÃ term of Office and replacement) 1. The representative of the Republic is appointed and dismissed by the President of the Republic, having heard the Government. 2 2. Except the case of exoneraÃ, the mandate of the representative of the Republic has the duration of the mandate of the President of the Republic and ends with the posse of the new representative of the Republic.
3. In case of vagatura of the Office, as well as in their absence and impediment, the representative of the Republic is replace by President of the Legislative Council.
Article 3rd (Responsibility Poland tica) the representative of the Republic is responsible before the President of the Republic.
Article 4th (Competency references) 1. The representative of the Republic holds the competence that references you are constitutionally assigned and exercises them in the framework of the respective Autonomous Region ³ noma, having regard to the fundamental principles of the scheme princÃ Poland tico-administrative autonomy within the framework of the Constitution.
2. the representative of the Republic holds and exerts the competence conferred by this Act substances.
Article 5Â° (Electoral Administration) the representative of the Republic holds the jurisdiction in matter of electoral administration committed by the electoral laws of the President of the Republic, the Assembly of the Republic, the legislative assemblies of the Autonomous ³ µ s Region nomas, the body the ³ of local authorities, of the European Parliament and the Referendum.
3 Article 6Â° (Supreme Council of national defence) the representative of the Republic is a member of the Supreme Council of national defense.
Article 7 (Security Council) 1. The representative of the Republic is a member of the Board of Governors of Internal Security.
2. the representative of the Republic has the right to be informed by regional commanders of the forces of the PSP all that concerns is public safety in the territory by ³ River of their Autonomous Region, noma ³ when suitable, scoop on the same matter µ s information from the other security forces.
Article 8Â° (State of Uncle and State of emergency) the representative of the Republic ensures, in its Autonomous Region ³ noma, the execution of the Declaration of the State of siege and State of emergency, in accordance with the law, in cooperation with the Regional Government.
Article 9Â° (decrees of the representative of the Republic) 1. The representative of the Republic issues decrees for the naming and the exoneraÃ of the President and other members of the Regional Government, under the terms established in the Constitution and in the law.
2. The decrees of the representative of the Republic are published in series I of the diary of the Republic.
4 Article 10 (Holder of Office Poland tico) the representative of the Republic, like Poland, office holder is subject to the scheme for the purposes of medical jurÃ: remuneratÃ ³ River Status;) b) Incompatibilities and impediments; c) public Control of wealth; d) Crimes of responsibility.
Article 11Â° (Salaries and remuneration µ s) 1. The representative of the Republic realizes a monthly basic salary corresponding to 65% of the basic salary of the President of the Republic.
2. the representative of the Republic are entitled to a monthly allowance for representation in the amount of 40% of the basic salary.
3. the representative of the Republic has the right to realize an additional salary of an amount equal to that of the corresponding monthly salary, in the months of June and November each year.
4. If the Office is exercised during the year by several holders supplementary salary will be allocated for them in proportion to the time that exercise µ s function, is not considering all less than 15 perÃ days.
Article 12âº (transport and subsistence) in its deslocaÃ of µ s officers, the PaÃ s or abroad, the representative of the Republic is entitled to transportation and subsistence in terms identical to the Ministers. 5 Article 13Â° (official Vehicles) the representative of the Republic has the right to veÃ glasses of the State for personal, both in their Autonomous Region in the territory by ³ ³ noma as continental River of the Republic.
Article 14Â° (official residence) the representative of the Republic are entitled to official residence.
Article 15Â° (other rights) 1. The representative of the Republic are entitled to free transit, carry firearms, personal security, collaboration of all authorities, diplomatic passport and special card identification.
2. The special ID card has the model set by order of the President of the Republic and is signed by him.
3. the representative of the Republic are entitled to priority in reservations of tickets in transportation service a is reo, when, in exercÃ cio µ s role, moving to and from the respective region Autonomous ³ noma.
Article 16th (taxation) The remuneration µ and subsÃ dios perceived by the representative of the Republic are subject to the tax regime applicable to public employees.
6 Article 17Â° (the previdÃ) 1. The representative of the Republic has the right under the favorÃ social previdÃ to the public sector.
2. In the case of option by the previdÃ of your professional activity, state the satisfaction of charges that would fit is corresponding employer.
Article 18Â° (Protocol)
1. The representative of the Republic rests, for the purposes of Protocol, the place is assigned to the list of precedence set by law.
2. In the civil and military ceremonies taking place in the autonomous region, the representative of the Republic has the first precedence, which yields are present the President of the Republic, the President of the Assembly of the Republic or the Prime Minister.
Article 19 (Insignia and flag) the representative of the Republic has, in its autonomous region, right to use the insignia and flag, the model set by order of the President of the Republic.
Article 20 (Office and support services) 1. The representative of the Republic has an Office to which apply the provisions governing the ministerial offices. 7 2. The representative of the Republic also has an administrative support service, with a staff own the set by order of the joint representative of the Republic and member of the Government responsible for Public Administration.
3. For administrative purposes and the financial Representative of the Republic has competence equivalent to that of Prime Minister.
Article 21 (budget) 1. The budget for the Representative of the Republic and their independent, support services, of the Costs of the State.
2. the budget referred to in the preceding paragraph includes only the corresponding appropriations operating expenditure and investment.
Article 22 (disclosure of reported by public radio and television services) must be disclosed in the respective autonomous regions through the public radio and television services, with due emphasis and utmost urgency, whose diffusion releases is requested by the representative of the Republic.
Article 23 (transitional provisions) 1. The powers committed in the electoral laws to the Ministers of the Republic shall be considered assigned to the representatives of the Republic.
2. Pending the adoption of the Ordinance referred to in paragraph 2 of article 20, the Representative of the Republic's administrative support is provided by the establishment plan contained in Decree-Law No. 291/83, of 23 June. 8 3. Is the Government allowed to do in the State budget in place, the changes necessary for the implementation of the provisions of this law.
Article 24 (standard set) Are repealed: a) the provisions of laws Nos 4/83, of 2 April, 4/85, of 9 April, 34/87, of 16 July and 64/93, of 2 August, in your wording in force, in the case of Ministers of the Republic; b) the provisions of laws Nos 168/99 of 18 September, and 5/99 of 27 January, and of the Decree Laws Nos. 316/95 of 28 November, 153/91, of 23 April, 59/99, of 2 March, and 442/91 of 15 November in your wording in force, in the case of Ministers of the Republic.
Article 25 (entry into force) this Act shall enter into force on the first day of the month following your publication.
São Bento Palace, 2007.
Search Translated Laws of Portugal