Read the untranslated law here: http://app.parlamento.pt/webutils/docs/doc.pdf?path=6148523063446f764c3246795a5868774d546f334e7a67774c336470626d6c7561574e7059585270646d467a4c316776644756346447397a4c334271636a6b794c5667755a47396a&fich=pjr92-X.doc&Inline=false
ASSEMBLY of the REPUBLIC draft resolution 92/X whereas 1. on 14 October 2006, the twentieth anniversary of the adoption by the Assembly of the Republic, the law of the education system;
2. over these twenty years have seen significant developments in education, but there is great dissatisfaction with the results;
3. is there in the Portuguese community, and the communities residing in Portugal, an apparent diversity of positions on priorities and strategic lines;
4. shall coordinate the efforts of public policies on education acquire stability and reference to any and all who act in and out of the educational system;
5. There are new contexts, increasingly complex and changing;
6. the permanent qualification of Portuguese necessarily imply a continued investment in education;
7. the Government, through the Minister of education, since the first time he showed an interest in performing a deep reflection on education;
8. the National Education Council, through your President, expressed willingness to participate in initiatives that were developed;
ASSEMBLY of the Assembly of the Republic, in accordance with applicable Rules and constitutional acts: 1. Promote, in conjunction with the Government, a National Debate on education at the same time, the assessment of the last two decades and the identification of the strategic lines for the next ten years;
2. Mandate the National Council on education for the Organization of the National Debate, and the Council, within 20 days, submit a proposal containing in particular: a) organizational structure; b) thematic areas around which the debate will organize; c) schedule of debates and events associated with the initiative; d) studies and reports to be produced; e) budget and funding.
3. competent Parliamentary Commission Consider educational, scientific and Cultural Organization for monitoring and for supplementary decision-making necessary for the implementation of the National Debate.
Search Translated Laws of Portugal