Read the untranslated law here: http://lex.justice.md/index.php?action=view&view=doc&lang=1&id=363979
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ * republished.
Amended by laws of the Republic of Moldova: LP185-XVI dated 29.06.06, MO106-107/14.07.06 art. 502 LP344-XV of 25.07.03, MO170-172/08.08.03 art. 721 LP1471-XV of 21.11.02, MO169/12.12.02 art. LP1470 1294-XV of 21.11.02, MO169/12.12.02 art. 129 LP1469-XV of 21.11.02, MO169/12.12.02 art. 1290 LP351-XV of 12.07.01, MO90-91/02.08.01 art. 699-XIV from LP1115 05.07.00, MO88-89/665 LP957 28.07.00 art.-XIII of 19.07.96, MO54/15.08.96 art. 517 Correction to article 88, no. 1, part II, on 19 august 1994, page 1 correction to the article 75, no. 10 of 20 October 1994, pag. 2 us, plenipotentiary representatives of the people of the Republic of Moldova , members of Parliament, from the secular aspirations of our people to live in a sovereign country, in proclaiming the independence of the Republic of Moldova, taking into consideration the continuity of the Moldavian people statehood in the context of historical and ethnic formation of his nation, STRIVING to satisfy the interests of citizens of a different ethnic origin, which together with the Moldovans, forming the Moldovan people, WHEREAS the rule of law, civic peace , democracy, human dignity, rights and freedoms, the open development of human personality, justice and political pluralism are supreme values, BEING aware of our responsibility and obligations towards the previous generations, present and future, REAFFIRMING our commitment towards general human values, desire to live in peace and good understanding with all peoples of the world in accordance with the principles and norms of international law universally recognized , adopt the Constitution of Moldova, saying the SUPREME law of society and State.
IPRINCIPII title GENERALEArticolul 1Statul (1) the Republic of Moldova is a sovereign, independent, unitary and indivisible State.
(2) the form of Government of the State is the Republic.
(3) the Republic of Moldova is a democratic State of law, in which human dignity, rights and freedoms, the open development of human personality, justice and political pluralism represent supreme values and are guaranteed.
Article 2Suveranitatea and State power (1) national sovereignty belongs to the people of the Republic of Moldova, who shall exercise it directly and through its representative bodies in the forms laid down in the Constitution.
(2) no individual, no part of any social group, political party or other public party may exercise State power in their own name. The usurpation of State power constitutes the gravest crime against the people.
Article 3Teritoriul (1) in the Republic of Moldova is inalienable.
(2) the frontiers of the country are sanctioned by an organic law, observance is unanimously recognized principles and norms of international law.
Article 4Drepturile and human liberties (1) constitutional provisions for human rights and freedoms shall be interpreted and applied in accordance with the Universal Declaration of human rights, and with other conventions and treaties endorsed by the Republic of Moldova is a party.
(2) If there are inconsistencies between covenants and treaties regarding fundamental human rights to which Moldova is a party and its internal laws, international rules have priority.
Article 5Democraţia and political pluralism (1) Democracy in the Republic of Moldova is exercised under conditions of political pluralism, which is incompatible with dictatorship or totalitarianism.
(2) no ideology may be established as official ideology of the State.
Article 6Separaţia and cooperation of powers in the Republic of the legislative, Executive and judicial powers are separate and cooperate in the exercise of their prerogatives under the Constitution.
Article 7Constituţia the Supreme Law, the Constitution of the Republic of Moldova is the Supreme law. No law and no legal act that violates the Constitution has no legal power.
Article 8Respectarea of international law and international treaties (1) the Republic of Moldova pledges to respect the Charter of the United Nations and the treaties to which it is a party, to base its relations with other States the unanimously recognized principles and norms of international law.
(2) the entry into force of an international treaty containing provisions contrary to the Constitution shall be preceded by a review of it.
Article 9Principiile concerning the fundamental property of (1) the property is public and private. It consists of material and intellectual goods.
(2) no property may be used to the detriment of the rights, freedoms and dignity.
(3) market, free enterprise, fair competition are the basic factors of the economy.
Article 10Unitatea of the people and the right to identity (1) the State has as its foundation the unity of the people of the Republic of Moldova. The Republic of Moldova is the common and indivisible motherland of all its citizens.
(2) the State recognizes and guarantees the right of all citizens to the preservation, development and expression of their ethnic identity, cultural, linguistic and religious.
Article 11Republica Moldova, neutral State (1) the Republic of Moldova proclaims her permanent neutrality.
(2) the Republic of Moldova does not allow deployment of military troops of other countries on its territory.
Article 12Simbolurile State (1) the Republic of Moldova has the flag, coat of arms and anthem.
(2) the State flag of the Republic of Moldova is a tricolour. The colours are arranged vertically in the following order, starting from lance: blue, yellow, red. In the Center, on the yellow Strip, is printed the State emblem of the Republic of Moldova.
(3) the State emblem of the Republic of Moldova represents a shield divided horizontally into two parts: the upper part is red, and the lower part is blue with a superimposed auroch's head showing between its horns an eight-pointed star. The auroch's head is flanked on the right by a rose with five petals, and on its left by a half-moon. All elements represented in the shield are gold (yellow). The shield is placed on the chest of a natural eagle holding in its beak a golden cross (Eagle Crusader) and in its right claw a green olive branch, and in its left claw a golden sceptre.
(4) the State Anthem of the Republic of Moldova shall be established by organic law.
(5) the flag, coat of arms and anthem are State symbols of the Republic of Moldova and are protected by law.
Article 13Limba of the State, the functioning of the other languages (1) the State language of the Republic of Moldova is Moldovan, and its writing based on the Latin alphabet.
(2) the State recognizes and protects the right to preservation, development and functioning of the Russian language and other languages spoken in the country.
(3) the State shall facilitate the study of the languages of international circulation.
(4) the functioning of languages on the territory of the Republic of Moldova shall be established by organic law.
Article 14Capitala the capital of Moldova is Chişinău.
IIDREPTURILE title, ÎNDATORIRILEFUNDAMENTALECapitolul GENERALEArticolul and FREEDOMS I.GENERAL PROVISIONSARTICLE 15Universalitatea Moldovan citizens shall enjoy the rights and freedoms enshrined by the Constitution and other laws and have its obligations under them.
Article 16Egalitatea (1) respect for and protect the human person constitutes a duty of the State.
(2) all citizens of the Republic of Moldova are equal before the law and public authorities, without distinction of race, nationality, ethnic origin, language, religion, sex, opinion, political affiliation, wealth or social origin.
Article 17Cetăţenia of the Republic of Moldova (1), Moldovan citizenship is acquired, retained or lost only under the conditions laid down in the organic law.
(2) no one may be deprived arbitrarily of his nationality nor denied the right to change his citizenship.
Article 18Protecţia Moldovans (1) citizens of the Republic of Moldova benefit from State protection both at home and abroad.
(2) citizens of the Republic of Moldova cannot be extradited or expelled from the country.
Article 19Statutul of law of foreign nationals and stateless persons (1) foreign citizens and stateless persons have the same rights and duties as citizens of the Republic of Moldova, with the exceptions established by law.
(2) foreign nationals and stateless persons may be extradited only in compliance with an International Convention, in conditions of reciprocity or by virtue of the decision of the Court.
(3) the right of asylum shall be granted and shall be withdrawn in accordance with the law, in compliance with international treaties to which Moldova is a party.
Article 20Accesul to (1) Any person shall be entitled to effective satisfaction on the part of competent courts against acts which violate the rights, freedoms and legitimate interests.
(2) no law may restrict the access to justice.
Article 21Prezumţia of innocence any person accused of an offence is presumed innocent until his guilt is going to be proven legally, during a public trial in which he was assured all the guarantees necessary for his defence.
Article 22Neretroactivitatea of the law
No one may be sentenced for actions or omissions which, at the time they were committed, did not constitute an offence. It also will not apply to any punishment harsher than the one that was applicable at the time of committing the Act offense.
Article 23Dreptul of everybody to know their rights and duties (1) everyone has the right to recognize legal personality.
(2) the State ensures the right of everybody to know their rights and duties. For this purpose the State publishes and makes accessible all laws and other normative acts.
Chapter IIDREPTURILE and FUNDAMENTALEArticolul 24Dreptul to life LIBERTY and physical and psychological integrity (1) the State guarantees every citizen the right to life and to physical and mental integrity.
(2) no one shall be subjected to torture or to cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment.
(3) the death penalty is abolished. No one may be sentenced to a punishment nor executed.
Article 25Libertatea individual and security of a person (1) individual freedom and security of the person are inviolable.
(2) Searching, detaining or arresting a person shall be permitted only in the cases and pursuant to the procedure provided by law.
(3) Detention may not exceed 72 hours.
(4) may be arrested only under warrant issued by a judge for a period not exceeding 30 days. Of the legality of their mandate may appeal the law in superior court. The term of detention can be prolonged only by a judge or by the Court, in accordance with the law, a maximum of up to 12 months.
(5) any person detained or arrested shall be promptly informed of the reasons for his detention or arrest, and prosecution — in the shortest possible time; the reasons for his detention and prosecution shall be made only in the presence of a lawyer, either chosen or appointed ex officio.
(6) the release of any person detained or arrested is mandatory if the reasons for his detention or arrest have disappeared.
Article 26Dreptul to (1) the right of defence is guaranteed.
(2) everyone has the right to respond independently by appropriate legitimate means to an infringement of his rights and freedoms.
(3) throughout the trial the parties have the right to be assisted by a lawyer, either chosen or appointed ex officio.
(4) any interference with the activity of those carrying out the defence within legally established confines shall be punished by law.
Article 27Dreptul on free circulation (1) the right to freedom of movement in the country is guaranteed.
(2) any citizen of the Republic of Moldova is guaranteed the right to establish his domicile or residence in the country, to get out, to emigrate and return to the country.
Article 28Viaţa intimate, family and private life and respects State protects private and family.
Article 29Inviolabilitatea residence (1) the domicile and residence are inviolable. No one may enter or remain in the domicile or residence of a person without consent.
(2) the provisions of paragraph (1) may be departed from by law in the following situations: a) for the execution of a warrant of arrest or a judgement;
b) for forestalling imminent danger threatening the life, physical integrity or property of a person;
c) for preventing the spread of an epidemic.
(3) searches and investigations on the spot can be ordered and carried out only in accordance with the law.
(4) searches during the night are forbidden, apart from where an obvious offence.
30Secretul mail article (1) the State shall ensure the secrecy of letters, telegrams, other postal communications, of telephone conversations and of using other legal means of communication.
(2) the provisions of paragraph (1) may be waived by the law in cases when such derogation is necessary in the interests of national security, economic welfare of the country, public order and preventing crime.
Article 31Libertatea of consciousness (1) freedom of conscience is guaranteed. It must manifest itself in a spirit of tolerance and mutual respect.
(2) religious denominations are free and are organized according to their own statutes, in accordance with the law.
(3) The relationships religious cults are forbidden to use enmity.
(4) religious cults are autonomous, separate from the State and shall enjoy the latter's support, including that aimed at providing religious assistance in the army, in hospitals, prisons, homes for the elderly and orphanages.
Article 32Libertatea of opinion and of expression (1) any citizen shall be guaranteed freedom of thought, opinion, and freedom of expression in public through Word, image or any other means possible.
(2) the freedom of expression may not harm the honour, dignity or rights of other people to express their own opinions.
(3) it is forbidden and punishable by law and defamation to challenge State and people, the urge to war of aggression, hatred or national, racial and religious incitement to discrimination, territorial separatism, public violence, and other manifestations encroaching upon the constitutional regime.
Article 33Libertatea of creation (1) freedom of artistic and scientific creation is guaranteed. Creation is not subject to censorship.
(2) the right of citizens to their intellectual property, moral and material interests arising in relation to the various forms of intellectual creation are protected by law.
(3) the State shall contribute to the preservation, development and propagation of the achievements of culture and science, national and global.
Article 34Dreptul to information (1) a person's right to have access to any information of public interest shall not be restricted.
(2) the public authorities, according to their competences, are obliged to ensure that citizens are properly informed both on public affairs and matters of personal interest.
(3) the right to information must not prejudice the measures to protect the citizens or the national safety.
(4) the public media, State or private, are obliged to ensure correct public opinion.
(5) the public media shall not be submitted to censorship.
Article 35Dreptul to education (1) the right to education is guaranteed through compulsory general education, upper secondary education and the higher vocational education, as well as through other forms of instruction and professional development.
(2) the State shall, in accordance with the law, the right to choose the language of education and training of individuals.
(3) the official language shall be ensured in educational institutions of all levels.
(4) State Education is free of charge.
(5) educational institutions, including those not financed, shall be established and operate in accordance with the law.
(6) higher education institutions have the right to autonomy.
(7) Education, vocational and higher education is equally accessible to all, on the basis of merit.
(8) the State ensures under the law, the freedom of religious education. State education is secular.
(9) the priority right to choose the scope of children lies with the parents.
Article 36Dreptul to health protection (1) the right to health protection is guaranteed.
(2) the minimum medical insurance provided by the State free of charge.
(3) the structure of the national system of health care and means of protection of physical and mental health of the person shall be determined by law.
Article 37Dreptul to a healthy environment (1) everyone has the right to an environment harmless from ecology to life and health, as well as food and household items.
(2) the State guarantees to each citizen the right of free access and dissemination of information regarding the State of the environment with detailed nature, the conditions of life and work, the quality of food products and household appliances.
(3) Concealment or falsification of information regarding factors detrimental to human health constitute offenses punishable by law.
(4) natural and legal persons responsible for the damage caused to health and property of a person as a result of irregularities.
Article 38Dreptul of the right to vote and stand as a candidate (1) the will of the people is the basis of State power That will be expressed through free elections held at regular intervals through universal suffrage, equal, direct, secret and freely expressed suffrage.
(2) the Moldovan citizens have the right to vote from the age of 18 years old until the day inclusively, except for the persons banned placed under interdiction in the manner established by law.
(3) the right to be elected is guaranteed to Moldovan citizens with the right to vote, in accordance with the law.
Article 39Dreptul to the Administration (1) citizens of the Republic of Moldova have the right to participate in the administration of public affairs directly and through their representatives.
(2) any citizen shall be permitted, under the law, access to public office.
Article 40Libertatea of meetings, demonstrations, Rallies, processions or any other assemblies are free, and they may be organized and take place only peacefully and without the use of weapons.
Article 41Libertatea of parties or other socio-political organizations
(1) all citizens are free to associate in parties and other socio-political organizations. They contribute to the definition and expression of the political will of citizens and, in accordance with the law, shall participate in the election.
(2) all parties and other socio-political organizations are equal before the law.
(3) the State shall ensure the protection of the rights and legitimate interests of parties and other socio-political organizations.
(4) parties and other socio-political organizations by their aims or activities they are engaged in fighting against political pluralism, the principles of the rule of law, sovereignty and independence, territorial integrity of the Republic of Moldova are unconstitutional.
(5) secret Associations are forbidden.
(6) the activity of parties consisting of foreign nationals is forbidden.
(7) public functions whose holders may not be part of the political parties shall be established by organic law.
Article 42Dreptul to form and to join trade unions (1) any employee has the right to form and to join trade unions for the protection of his interests.
(2) trade unions are founded and operates in accordance with their statutes under the law. They can help defend the interests of the professional, economic and social aspects of the employees.
Article 43Dreptul labor and the labor protection (1) everyone has the right to work, to free choice of work, to fair and satisfactory conditions of work and to protection against unemployment.
(2) Employees are entitled to the protection of labour. Protective measures relating to safety and hygiene of work, work for women and young people, the introduction of a national minimum wage, repaosul weekly rest, paid annual leave, difficult working conditions, as well as other specific situations.
(3) the duration of the work week is 40 hours.
(4) the right to negotiation in matters of work and binding nature of collective agreements be guaranteed.
Article 44Interzicerea of forced labour (1) forced labor is prohibited.
(2) do not constitute forced labour: a) military-like duty or the activities designed to replace it by those who under the law are exempted from compulsory military service;
b) work done by a convicted person under normal conditions, during the period of detention or conditional;
c) benefits imposed in situation of calamities or other dangers, and those that are part of normal civil obligations established by law.
Article 45Dreptul to strike (1) the right to strike is recognized. Strikes may be triggered only if aimed at defending the interests of professional employees ' economic and social Council.
(2) the law lays down the conditions for exercising the right to strike, as well as responsibility for unleashing the illegitimate of strikes.
Article 46Dreptul to private property and its protection (1) the right to private property, as well as loans and advances to the State are guaranteed.
(2) no one may be expropriated except for reasons dictated by public necessity, as established by law and in advance.
(3) no assets legally acquired may be confiscated. Legality of getting character shall be presumed.
(4) goods intended for, used or resulted from crimes times offence may be confiscated only in accordance with the law.
(5) the right of private property for the protection of the environment and the maintenance of good neighbourly relations, as well as other tasks which, according to the law.
(6) the right to inherit private property is guaranteed.
Article 47Dreptul to assistance and social protection (1) the State is obliged to take measures to ensure that every person has a decent standard of living, whereby good health and welfare, and of his family, including food, clothing, housing, medical care, and social services.
(2) citizens have the right to be insured against such adversities as: unemployment, sickness, disability, widowhood, old age or other situations where loss of livelihoods, as a result of circumstances beyond them.
Article 48Familia (1) the family constitutes the natural and fundamental element of society and is entitled to protection on the part of society and the State.
(2) the family is founded on the freely consented marriage of husband and wife, on their rights and equality on the right and duty of parents to ensure the upbringing, education and instruction of children.
(3) the conditions of closing, outlets and nullity of marriage shall be determined by law.
(4) Children are obliged to take care of parents and to give them some help.
Article 49Protecţia of the family and of children orphans (1) the State shall facilitate, through economic measures and other measures, the formation of the family and the fulfilment of its duties.
(2) the State protects motherhood, children and youth, promote the development of the necessary institutions.
(3) All the concerns regarding the maintenance, instruction and education of orphaned children and those deprived of parental care shall accrue to the State and society. The State stimulates and supports charitable activity toward these children.
Article 50Ocrotirea the mother, children and young people (1) Mother and child have the right to special aid and protection. All children, including those born out of wedlock, shall enjoy the same social protection.
(2) children and young people enjoy a special regime of assistance in carrying out their duties.
(3) the State shall grant the necessary allowances for children and aid for child care of sick or disabled. Other forms of social assistance to children and young people shall be determined by law.
(4) the exploitation of minors in activities which would cause harm to the health, morality or that you would put in danger the life or normal development are forbidden.
(5) public authorities shall ensure conditions for the free participation of young people in social life, economic, cultural and sporting centre of the country.
Article 51Protecţia of disabled persons (1) disabled persons shall enjoy special protection from the whole society. The State shall ensure that normal conditions for medical treatment and rehabilitation, education, training and social integration.
(2) no one may be subjected to any medical treatment, than in the cases provided by law.
Article 52Dreptul of petition (1) citizens have the right to apply to the public authorities by petitions formulated only on behalf of the applicants.
(2) legally established Organizations may petition exclusively in behalf of associations or bodies they represent.
Article 53Dreptul of the person aggrieved by a public authority (1) any person aggrieved in a of a public authority through an administrative ruling or by his/her legal reply to an application, is entitled to obtain acknowledgement of those rights, the cancellation of and reparation for the damage.
(2) the State shall be held liable for patrimonial law, for damage caused through errors committed in criminal proceedings by the investigating bodies and courts.
Article 54Restrîngerea the exercise of certain rights or freedoms (1) in the Republic of Moldova cannot be adopted laws suppressing or violating fundamental rights and freedoms of man and citizen.
(2) the exercise of rights and freedoms cannot be subjected only to such other than those prescribed by law and which correspond to the widely recognized norms of international law and are necessary in the interests of national security, territorial integrity, economic well-being of the country, public order, in order to prevent mass unrest and crime, protection of rights, freedoms and dignity of other persons, preventing the disclosure of confidential information or to ensure the authority and impartiality of the judiciary.
(3) the provisions of paragraph (2) do not restrict the rights stipulated in articles 20-24.
(4) the restrictions enforced must be proportional to the situation that caused it, and may not affect the existence of that right or liberty.
Chapter IIIÎNDATORIRILE FUNDAMENTALEArticolul 55Exercitarea rights and freedoms all persons exercising their constitutional rights and freedoms in good faith, without infringing the rights and freedoms of others.
Article 56Devotamentul towards the country (1) devotion to the country is sacred.
(2) citizens to whom they are entrusted to public officials, as well as the military, responsible for carrying out faithfully the obligations and, in the cases provided by law, shall take an oath as requested.
Article 57Apărarea of the Fatherland (1) homeland defense is a right and a sacred duty of every citizen.
(2) military service is satisfied within the armed forces, national defense, intended for guarding the borders, and maintaining public order, in accordance with the law.
Article 58Contribuţii financial (1) citizens have the obligation to contribute, through taxes and impositions to public spending.
(2) the legal taxation System must ensure the fair settlement of the tax burdens.
(3) Any other benefits are forbidden other than those established by law.
Article 59Protecţia of the environment and protection of monuments
Environmental protection, conservation and protection of historical and cultural monuments, constitutes an obligation of every citizen.
IIIAUTORITĂŢILE PUBLICECapitolul IVPARLAMENTULSecţiunea 1Organizare title and funcţionareArticolul 60 Parliament, the supreme legislative and representative body (1) Parliament is the Supreme representative body of the people of the Republic of Moldova and the sole authority of the laws of the State.
(2) Parliament consists of 101 members.
Article 61Alegerea (1) members of Parliament are elected by voting based on universal, equal, direct, secret and freely expressed suffrage.
(2) the Organization and conduct of elections is established by organic law.
(3) Elections of deputies of the Parliament shall be conducted not later than 3 months after the expiry of the term or the dissolution of the previous Parliament.
Article 62Validarea of the Constitutional Court Deputy mandate proposed by the Central Electoral Commission, acting Deputy mandate or validation not validating his infringement of electoral legislation.
Article 63Durata of the mandate (1) Parliament is elected for a four year term, which may be extended, by an organic law, in the event of war or catastrophe.
(2) Parliament shall meet when convened by the President of the Republic of Moldova, within 30 days after the election.
(3) the term of Office of the Parliament shall be extended until the structure of the new Parliament. During this period no amendments may be brought to the Constitution, and cannot be adopted, amended or repealed organic law.
(4) the draft laws or legislative proposals included on the agenda of the previous Parliament continues its procedure in the new Parliament.
Article 64Organizarea (1) the structure, organisation and functioning of Parliament are established by regulation. Parliament's financial resources are provided for in the approved budget.
(2) the President of Parliament is elected by secret ballot by a majority of the votes of the elected deputies, the Parliament's term of Office. It can be revoked at any time by secret ballot by Parliament by a majority of at least two-thirds of the votes of all deputies.
(3) the Vice-presidents shall be elected upon the proposal of the President of the Parliament, with consultation of the parliamentary factions.
Article 65Caracterul public meetings (1) meetings of the Parliament are public.
(2) the Parliament may decide that certain meetings to be closed.
Base article 66Atribuţiile Parliament has the following duties: a) pass laws, decisions and motions;
b) declaring referendums;
c) interpretations and ensure the legislative unity of regulations throughout the country;
d) approves the main directions of domestic and foreign policy of the State;
(e) approve military doctrine);
f) exercising parliamentary control over the executive power in the ways and within the limits provided for by the Constitution;
g) ratify, denounce, suspend and abrogate the action of international treaties concluded by the Republic of Moldova;
h) approves the budget of the State and exercising control over him;
I) exercising control over the granting of loans, State economic aid and other foreign States, awarded upon conclusion of agreements concerning State loans and credits from foreign sources;
j) chooses and appoints State officials where provided by law;
k) approve the orders and medals of the Republic of Moldova;
partial mobilization declared it) or General;
m) declares a State of emergency, martial law and war;
n) initiates research and examination of any issues that relate to the interests of society;
a) suspends the activity of local public administration bodies, in cases stipulated by law;
p) adopt Amnesty;
r) meets other duties established by the Constitution and laws.
Article 67Sesiuni (1) Parliament meets in two ordinary sessions per year. The first session starts in February and may not exceed the end of July. The second session begins in September and may not exceed the end of December.
(2) Parliament shall meet and in extraordinary or special meetings at the request of the President, the Parliament or the President of a third of the deputies.
Section 2-aStatutul deputaţilorArticolul 68Mandatul representative (1) In the exercise of their deputies are in the service of the people.
(2) Any imperative mandate is null.
Article 69Mandatul of Deputies (1) Deputies shall enter into the exercise of their mandate under condition of validation.
(2) the Office of a deputy shall terminate on the date of the meeting of the newly-elected Parliament in the event of resignation, mandate withdrawal, incompatibility or death.
Article 70Incompatibilităţi and immunities (1) the Office of a Deputy is incompatible with any other remunerated position, except teaching and scientific activity.
(2) Other incompatibilities shall be established by organic law.
(3) the Parliament may not be detained, arrested, searched, except in cases of flagrant infringement or sent to court without the consent of the Parliament, after hearing him.
Article 71Independenţa opinions may not be prosecuted or held accountable for their votes or opinions expressed in the exercise of their mandate.
Section 3 aLegiferareaArticolul 72Categorii laws (1) Parliament shall adopt constitutional laws, organic laws and ordinary laws.
(2) constitutional laws are aimed at revising the Constitution.
(3) organic law governing the electoral system: (a));
(b) the Organization and conduct of the referendum);
c) Organization and functioning of Parliament;
d) Organization and operation of the Government;
e) Organization and functioning of the Constitutional Court, the Superior Council of Magistracy, the courts of administrative Judicature;
(f) Organization of local administration), and the general functioning of local autonomy;
g) Organization and functioning of political parties;
h) manner of selecting exclusive economic zones;
I) legal status of private property and inheritance;
j) general arrangements concerning employment relationships, trade unions and social protection;
k) General organisation of education;
l) general status of religious worship;
m) the regime State of emergency, martial law and war;
n) crimes, punishments and their execution arrangements;
a) granting of Amnesty and pardon;
p) other areas in respect of which the Constitution provides for the necessity of passing organic laws;
r) other areas in which the Parliament considers necessary the adoption of organic laws.
(4) ordinary laws intervening in any field of social relations, with the exception of those reserved for the organic constitutional laws and laws.
Article 73Iniţiativa the right of legislative initiative belongs to the deputies of the Parliament, the President, the Government, the people's Assembly of the autonomous territorial unit Gagauzia.
Article 74Adoptarea of laws and decisions (1) organic laws shall be adopted by a majority vote of the elected deputies, after at least two readings.
(2) ordinary laws and decisions shall be adopted by a majority vote of deputies present.
(3) the draft laws submitted by the Government, as well as legislative proposals of Deputies supported it are examined by Parliament in the way and after the priorities established by the Government, including the emergency procedure. Other legislative proposals are examined in the established manner.
(4) laws shall be sent to the President for promulgation.
Article 75Referendumul (1) the most important issues of society and of the State are subject to the referendum.
(2) the decisions taken according to the results of the referendum have Supreme juridical power.
Article 76Intrarea into force of law law shall be published in the Official Gazette of the Republic of Moldova and shall enter into force on the date of publication or the date specified in its text. The failure of the law draws its nonexistence.
Chapter MOLDOVAArticolul 77Preşedintele VPREŞEDINTELE of the REPUBLIC of Moldova, the Chief of State (1) the President is the head of State.
(2) the President of the Republic of Moldova represents the State and is the guarantor of national independence, sovereignty, unity and territorial integrity of the country.
Article 78Alegerea of the President (1) the President of the Republic of Moldova is elected by universal, equal, direct, secret and freely expressed suffrage.
(2) can be elected President of the Republic of Moldova citizens with voting rights who has 40 years old, resided or resides permanently in the territory of the Republic of Moldova for no less than 10 years and speaks the State language (3) Is declared elected the candidate who obtains the votes of at least half of the voters participated in the election.
(4) where none of the candidates obtains that majority, organised the second round between the top two candidates in order of number of votes obtained in the first round. It said the candidate obtained the largest number of votes, provided that their number is greater than the number of votes cast against the candidate.
(6) the procedure for electing the President of the Republic of Moldova shall be established by organic law.
Article 79Validarea of mandate and oath (1) the outcome of elections for the post of President of the Republic of Moldova shall be validated by the Constitutional Court.
(2) the candidate whose election was validated in front of Parliament and the Constitutional Court, not later than 45 days after the election, the following oath: "I swear to give me all the strength and solemnly the Republic of Moldova, to always abide by the Constitution and laws of the country, to defend democracy, the fundamental rights and freedoms of man, and the sovereignty, independence, unity and territorial integrity of Moldova".
Article 80Durata of the mandate (1) Presidential Mandate lasts four years and shall be exercised by the oath.
(2) the President of the Republic of Moldova exercises his mandate until the next President is sworn in newly-elected.
(3) the term of Office of the President of the Republic of Moldova may be prolonged, by an organic law, in the event of war or catastrophe.
(4) No person shall perform the function of President of the Republic of Moldova for no more than two consecutive terms.
Article 81Incompatibilităţi and immunities (1) the Office of President of the Republic of Moldova is incompatible with any other remunerated.
(2) the President of the Republic of Moldova shall enjoy immunity. He cannot be held accountable for the opinions expressed in the exercise of their mandate.
(3) the Parliament may decide to indict the President, with the vote of at least two-thirds of the votes cast, if the latter commits an offence. Jurisdiction of Court of the Supreme Court of Justice, in accordance with the law. The President is suspended from Office as from the date of coming into legal force of the sentence final sentence.
Article 84Mesaje (1) the President of the Republic of Moldova can take part in Parliament's proceedings.
(2) the President of the Republic of Moldova will address Parliament messages concerning the main issues of the nation.
Article 85Dizolvarea (1) in the case of the inability of the Government or a training situation for three months, the President, after consulting parliamentary factions, may dissolve Parliament.
(2) the Parliament may be dissolved if a vote of confidence to form a new Government within 45 days after the first request, and only after rejection of at least two requests of investiture.
(3) In the course of a year, Parliament can be dissolved only once.
(4) Parliament may not be dissolved during the last six months of the Presidential term of Office, nor during the State of emergency, siege or war.
86Atribuţii article in foreign policy (1) the President of the Republic of Moldova bears the negotiations and take part in negotiations, conclude international treaties on behalf of the Republic of Moldova shall, in the manner and within the period prescribed by law, to Parliament for ratification.
(2) the President of the Republic of Moldova Government, accredit and recall diplomatic envoys and approve the establishment, disestablishment, and ranking of diplomatic missions abroad.
(3) the President of the Republic of Moldova receives letters of accreditation and recall of diplomatic representatives of other States in the Republic of Moldova.
Article 87Atribuţii defence (1) the President of the Republic of Moldova is the Commander-in-Chief of the armed forces.
(2) the President of the Republic of Moldova can declare, with prior approval of Parliament, partial or general mobilization.
(3) in the event of armed aggression against the country, the President of the Republic of Moldova takes the steps required to repel aggression, declares a State of war, and informs Parliament without delay on the. If Parliament is not in session, the President convenes by right within 24 hours of the onset of the aggression.
(4) the President of the Republic of Moldova can take other measures to ensure national security and public order, within the limits and in accordance with the law.
Article 88Alte powers the President fulfills the following tasks: a) confers decorations and honorary titles;
b) grants the supreme military ranks as provided for by law;
c) resolves issues of Moldovan citizenship and grant political asylum;
d) called public officials under the law;
e) grant individual pardon;
f) may ask the people to express their will through a referendum on matters of national interest;
g) award diplomatic ranks;
h award higher ranks) of magistrates ' courts, judges and other officials, according to the law;
I) suspend those acts of Government that run against existing legislation until a final decision of the Constitutional Court;
j) exercise and other duties determined by law.
Article 89Suspendarea to (1) if the Commission of serious offences infringing upon constitutional provisions, the President of the Republic of Moldova may be suspended from Office by the Parliament, with a vote of two thirds of the deputies.
(2) the proposal of suspension from Office may be initiated by at least one third of the members and shall without delay bring to the President. The President may give explanations on the Parliament's actions for which he is charged.
(3) If the proposal of suspension from Office has been approved, no later than 30 days after a referendum is held for presidential impeachment.
Article 90Vacanţa function (1) vacant President of Moldova in consequence of expiry of the presidential mandate of resignation, dismissal, definite impossibility of executing his duties, or death.
(2) the resignation of the President of the Republic of Moldova is presented to Parliament, who stands over them.
(3) impossibility of exertion of the attributions more than 60 days by the President of the Republic of Moldova is confirmed by the Constitutional Court within 30 days of the referral.
(4) within 2 months from the date of vacancy Office of the President of the Republic of Moldova will be held in accordance with the law, elections for a new President.
Article 91Interimatul of the function if the function of President of the Republic of Moldova becomes vacant or the President is ousted, or finds himself in the temporary impossibility to exercise his powers, shall devolve ad interim, in order, by the President of Parliament or the Prime Minister.
Article 92Răspunderea interim President If the person who ensures that the interim office of the President of the Republic of Moldova the latter commits grave acts infringing upon constitutional provisions article 89, paragraph (1) and article 91.
Article 93Promulgarea the laws of (1) the President of the Republic of Moldova promulgates the laws.
(2) the President of the Republic of Moldova has the right, if the object of a law, to submit it within at most two weeks to Parliament for reexamination. Where Parliament maintains its previously passed decision, the President promulgates the law.
Article 94Actele of the President (1) in the exercise of his powers the President of the Republic of Moldova issues decrees whose execution is compulsory throughout the State. The decrees shall be published in the Official Gazette of the Republic of Moldova.
(2) the decrees issued by the President in the exercise of his powers under article 86 (2), article 87 (2), (3) and (4) shall be countersigned by the Prime Minister.
Article 95Resursele of the presidential apparatus, and other compensation (1) the financial resources of the Republic of Moldova President apparatus is approved, at its proposal by Parliament and are included in the State budget. (2) the emolument and other rights of the President of the Republic of Moldova shall be established by law.
Chapter VIGUVERNULArticolul 96Rolul (1) the Government shall ensure that the internal and external policy of the State and exercises the General management of public administration.
(2) in exercising the powers of the Government are guided by its programme of work, approved by the Parliament.
Article 97Structura the Government consists of the Prime Minister, first Deputy Prime Minister, Deputy Prime Ministers, Ministers and other members established by organic law.
Article 98Învestitura (1) after consulting parliamentary factions, the President of the Republic of Moldova designates a candidate for the post of Prime Minister.
(2) the candidate for the post of Prime Minister will be asked, within 15 days from designation, the vote of confidence of Parliament upon the work programme and the entire list of the Government.
(3) the work schedule and the list of the Government debating upon sitting in Parliament. This trust of the Government by a majority vote of the elected deputies.
(4) on the basis of the vote of confidence granted by the Parliament, the President of the Republic of Moldova appoints the Government.
(5) the Government shall exercise its powers on the very day the oath of members in front of the President.
(6) in the case of governmental reshuffling or of function vacancy, the President of the Republic of Moldova revokes and appoints at Prime Minister's proposal, some members of the Government.
Article 99Incompatibilităţi (1) the Office of Government member is incompatible with any other remunerated.
(2) Other incompatibilities shall be established by organic law.
Article 100Încetarea member function of the Government in the position of Member of the Government shall cease in the event of resignation, revocation, incompatibility or death.
Article 101Prim-(1) the Prime Minister leads the Government and coordinates the activity of its members, while respecting the powers delegated to them.
(2) in the case of impossibility of the Prime Minister to exercise his powers or upon his death, the President of Moldova shall designate another Government member as interim Prime Minister until the formation of a new Government. In the interim period the impossibility of executing his duties cease, if the Prime Minister resumes work in Government.
(3) In the event of resignation of the Prime Minister, the entire Government resigns.
Article 102Actele (1) the Government shall adopt decisions, ordinances and provisions.
(2) the decisions shall be adopted for organizing the execution of laws.
(3) Ordinances shall be issued under the terms of article 1062.
(4) the decisions and ordinances adopted by the Government are signed by the Prime Minister, countersigned by the Ministers that are required for their implementation and enforcement shall be published in the Official Gazette of the Republic of Moldova. The failure to attract no judgement or Ordinance.
(5) the provisions are issued by the Prime Minister for organizing government activity.
Article 103Încetarea of the mandate (1) the Government shall exercise its mandate until the date of validation of the elections for a new Parliament.
(2) the Government, if the expression of no confidence vote by the Parliament, resignation of the Prime Minister or in the conditions of paragraph (1), meets only management functions public affairs until sworn in by the new Government.
Chapter VIIRAPORTURILE CUGUVERNULArticolul 104Informarea PARLIAMENT Parliament (1) the Government is responsible before the Parliament and submit the information and documents required by it, committees and members.
(2) members of the Government have access to the works of the Parliament. If they are asked their presence, participation is mandatory.
Article 105Întrebări and appeals (1) the Government and each of its members are obliged to reply to the questions and interpellations raised by deputies.
(2) Parliament may pass a motion to express their stance has caused an interpellation.
Article 106Exprimarea no confidence (1) Parliament, at the initiative of at least one quarter of the members can express their distrust in the Government by a majority vote of Deputies.
(2) the expression of no confidence in the initiative will be examined after 3 days from the date of referral to Parliament.
Article 1061Angajarea liability (1) the Government may undertake its responsibility in front of the Parliament on a programme, a general policy statement, or a Bill.
(2) the Government shall be dismissed if the motion of censure submitted within 3 days of the program, the Declaration of general policy or draft law, passed under the terms of article 106.
(3) if the Government has not been dismissed according to paragraph (2), the Bill presented shall be considered as adopted, and the program or the Declaration of General politics becomes obligatory for the Government.
Article 1062Delegarea of legislative (1) for the implementation of the programme of work of the Government, the Parliament can adopt on a proposal from the latter, a special law enabling the Government to issue ordinances in fields not covered by organic laws.
(2) the enabling law shall compulsorily establish the field and the date up to which you can issue decrees.
(3) Ordinances shall enter into force upon publication, without being promulgated.
(4) If the enabling law so requires, the Ordinances are subject to Parliament's approval. The Bill approving the Ordinances shall be submitted within the deadline established in the enabling law. Failure to observe the time limit shall entail the cessation of the effects of the Ordinance. If Parliament rejects the Bill approving the Ordinances, they remain in force.
(5) after the expiry of the deadline for issuing ordinances, these may be abrogated, suspended or modified only by law.
Chapter VIIIADMINISTRAŢIA PUBLICĂArticolul 107Administraţia Central (1) specialized agencies of the State ministries. They translate into life under the law, Government policy, decisions and his provisions, and are assigned areas of responsibility for their work.
(2) for the purposes of coordination and leadership, for exercising supervision in the field of the organisation of the economy and in other areas which do not fall directly within the ministries, powers, shall be established in accordance with the law, and other administrative authorities.
Article 108Forţele (1) armed forces are subordinated solely to the will of the people to safeguard the sovereignty, unity, independence and territorial integrity of the country and the constitutional democracy.
(2) the structure of the national defence system shall be established by organic law.
Article 109Principiile the core of local public administration (1) public administration in administrative-territorial units is based on the principles of local autonomy, of decentralization of public services, of the eligibility of local public administration authorities and of consulting the citizenry on local problems of special interest.
(2) concerns the Autonomy of both the Organization and functioning of local public administration and the management of the communities they represent.
(3) application of principles enunciated cannot affect the character of a unitary State.
Article 110Organizarea administrative (1) in the Republic of Moldova is administratively organized in villages, towns, counties and autonomous territorial unit Gagauzia. Under the law, some cities may be declared municipalities.
(2) the localities from Transnistria may be assigned special forms and conditions of autonomy according to special statutes adopted by organic law.
(3) the status of the capital city of Chisinau Republic of Moldova shall be regulated by an organic law.
Article 111Unitatea of Gagauzia (1) Gagauzia is an autonomous territorial unit with special status, as a form of special forms of, is an integral and inalienable part of Moldova and decide independently within the limits of its competence under the provisions of the Constitution of the Republic of Moldova, in the interests of the entire population, the issues of political, economic and cultural.
(2) the territory of the autonomous territorial unit Gagauzia are guaranteed all the rights and freedoms stipulated by the Constitution and legislation of the Republic of Moldova.
(3) in the Gagauz autonomous territorial unit of the representative and executive bodies and they should work according to the law.
(4) Land, subsoil, waters, the vegetable Kingdom and the animal, other natural resources on the territory of the autonomous territorial unit Gagauzia, are the property of the people of the Republic of Moldova and constitutes at the same time economic basis of Gagauzia.
(5) the budget of the autonomous territorial unit Gagauzia is formed in accordance with the rules laid down in the law governing the special status of Gagauzia.
(6) the control over the observance of legislation in the autonomous territorial unit of Gagauzia shall be exercised by the Government, in accordance with the law.
(7) the organic law governing the special status of the autonomous territorial unit Gagauzia may be amended if three-fifths of lawmakers in Parliament.
Article 112Autorităţile village and town (1) public administration authorities through which local autonomy is in the villages and in the cities, local councils and mayors elected.
(2) the local councils and mayors operate under the law as autonomous administrative authorities and solving public affairs in villages and towns.
(3) the procedure for electing local councils and mayors, as well as their duties shall be established by law.
Article 113Consiliul rayon (1) the District Council coordinates the activity of the village and town councils to achieve public service at district level.
(2) a District Council will be elected and operate under the law.
(3) the interrelationships of public authorities are based on the principles of autonomy, legality and cooperation in solving common problems.
JUDECĂTOREASCĂSecţiunea judecătoreştiArticolul IXAUTORITATEA 1Instanţele chapter 114 justice justice shall be administered on behalf of the courts of law only.
Article 115Instanţele judgments (1) justice shall be administered by the Supreme Court of Justice, the Court of appeal and the courts of law.
(2) For certain categories of cases can operate according to the law, judges.
(3) the establishment of extraordinary courts is prohibited.
(4) the Organization of the courts, their jurisdiction and procedure Court are established by organic law.
Article 116Statutul of judges (1) the judges of the courts are independent, impartial and irremovable under the law.
(2) the judges of the courts are called by the President of the Republic of Moldova, at the proposal of the higher magistrates Council in accordance with the law. The judges who supported the competition shall be appointed according to first for a period of 5 years. After expiry of the period of 5 years, the judges will be appointed in their positions until the age limit fixed in accordance with the law.
(3) the Presidents and Vice-Presidents of courts are appointed by the President of the Republic of Moldova, at the proposal of the higher magistrates Council, for a term of 4 years.
(4) the President, Vice-Presidents and justices of the Supreme Court of justice are appointed by Parliament upon a proposal from the Superior Council of Magistracy. They must have a length in judicial office for at least 10 years.
(5) the promotion and transfer of judges shall be made only with their consent.
(6) judges may be punished in accordance with the law.
(7) the Office of judge is incompatible with holding any other remunerated position, except teaching and scientific activity.
Article 117Caracterul public debate in all the courts of judicial sittings of the Court are public. Cases may be heard behind closed doors only sitting in the cases established by law, in compliance with all established legal procedures.
Article 118Limba of the proceedings and the right to an interpreter (1) legal proceedings are conducted in the Moldovan language.
(2) persons who do not possess or do not speak Moldavian shall be entitled to inspect all documents and proceedings of the dossier, to speak in court through an interpreter.
(3) In accordance with the law, legal proceedings may be carried out and in a language which is acceptable to the majority of people who participate in the process.
Article 119Folosirea to appeal Against judgements, interested parties and State authorities can pursue legal remedies, in accordance with the law.
Article 120Caracterul of the mandatory sentences and other final judgement is mandatory compliance with judgements and rulings of the courts, as well as co-operate in the process of execution of sentences and other final court rulings.
Article 121Resursele of the financial courts, compensation and other rights (1) the budget of the courts of law are approved by Parliament and are included in the State budget (2) allowances and other entitlements of judges are determined by law.
(3) the courts have put into their police service.
Section 2-aConsiliul of the MagistraturiiArticolul 122Componenţa (1) the Superior Council of Magistracy consists of professors and judges elected for a term of 4 years.
(2) the Superior Council of Magistracy shall form part of the law: the President of the Supreme Court of Justice, the Minister of Justice and Attorney General.
Article 123Atribuţiile (1) the Superior Council of Magistracy ensures the appointment, transfer, promotion, posting and disciplinary measures against judges.
(2) the mode of organisation and functioning of the Superior Council of Magistracy shall be established by organic law.
Section 3 aProcuraturaArticolul 124Atribuţiile and structure (1) Prosecutors represent the general interests of the society and defends legal order, as well as the rights and freedoms of citizens, and exercise their prosecution, represents prosecution in courts according to the law.
(2) the public prosecution System, territorial prosecution offices and specialised prosecution offices.
(3) the Organization, competence and conduct the activity of the Prosecutor's Office are determined by law.
Article 125Mandatul of prosecutors (1) the Attorney General is appointed by Parliament, at the proposal of its President.
(2) public prosecutors shall be appointed by the Attorney General and I am accountable.
(3) the term of Office is five years prosecutors.
(4) the Office of public prosecutor is incompatible with any other public or private office, except for didactic and scientific activity.
(5) in exercising their powers public prosecutors are subject to the law only.
Title IVECONOMIA PUBLICEArticolul 126Economia NATIONAL FINANCES (1) the economy of the Republic of Moldova is a market economy, social orientation, based on private property and public property, engaged in free competition.
(2) the State shall ensure: (a) Regulation of economic activity) and administration of public property that belongs to the law;
b) freedom of trade and entrepreneurial activity, the protection of loyal competition, the creation of a favourable framework for recovery of all factors of production;
(c) safeguarding national) economic activity, financial and foreign exchange;
(d) stimulation of scientific research);
rational exploitation of e) land and other natural resources, in line with the national interests;
f) restoration and protection of the environment and the maintenance of ecological balance;
g) increase in the number of jobs, creation of conditions for increasing the quality of life;
h) inviolability of investments to individuals and legal entities, including foreign.
Article 127Proprietatea (1) the State shall protect the property.
(2) the State guarantees the realization of the right of ownership in the forms required by the owner, if they do not come in conflict with the interests of society.
(3) public property belongs to the State or administrative territorial units.
(4) the riches of any kind of subsoil, airspace, waters and forests used in the public interest, natural resources of economic zones and the continental shelf, the paths of communication, as well as other assets stipulated by the law, are the subject of public property.
Article 128Proprietatea străinişi of citizens without citizenship in the Republic of Moldova is protected property of other States, international organizations, foreign citizens and persons without citizenship.
(2) the manner and conditions for the exercise of property rights of foreign natural and legal persons, as well as stateless persons in the territory of the Republic of Moldova are regulated by law.
Article 129Activitatea foreign trade (1) Parliament approves the main directions of external economic activity, the principles of the use of foreign loans and credits.
(2) the Government ensures the protection of national interests in foreign economic activity, trade policy or protectionist policy, based on the national interests.
Article 130Sistemul financial and crediting (1) Formation, administration, utilization and control of financial resources of the State, administrative-territorial units and public institutions are regulated by law.
(2) the national currency of the Republic of Moldova is the Moldovan Leu.
(3) the exclusive right to mintage of the National Bank of the Republic of Moldova. The emission is carried out by Act of Parliament.
Article 131Bugetul of the national audience (1) State budget State budget, State social insurance budget and budgets of districts, towns and villages.
(2) the Government shall draw up the annual draft of the State budget and State social security budget, which it submits separately, Parliament's approval. In case of formation of the Fund outside the budget, it shall be submitted to Parliament for approval.
(3) If the State budget and State social insurance budget have not been adopted by law with at least three days before the end of the budget year, shall continue to apply the State budget and State social security budget of the previous year, before the adoption of the new budget.
(4) Any legislative proposal or amendment that attract increasing or reducing budgetary revenues or loans, as well as increasing or reducing budget expenditure may be adopted only after you are accepted by the Government.
(5) the budgets of districts, towns and villages is developed, approved and implemented in accordance with the law.
(6) any expense of the budget cannot be approved without establishing the source of funding.
Article 132Sistemul of the tax (1) Taxes, fees and any other revenue of the State budget and State social insurance budget, budgets of districts, towns and villages shall be determined in accordance with the law of their respective representative bodies.
(2) Any other provision are forbidden.
Article 133Curtea of accounts (1) the Court of Auditors shall exercise control over the mode of formation, administration and use of public financial resources.
(2) the Court of Auditors shall consist of 7 members.
(3) the President of the Court of Auditors shall be appointed by the Parliament at the proposal of its President, for a term of 5 years. Members of the Court are appointed by the Parliament at the proposal of its President.
(4) the Court of audit submits annually to Parliament a report on the Administration and use of public financial resources.
(5) other duties as well as the Organization and functioning of the Court of Auditors shall be established by organic law.
Title VCURTEA CONSTITUŢIONALĂArticolul 134Statutul
(1) the Constitutional Court is the sole authority of constitutional jurisdiction in the Republic of Moldova.
(2) the Constitutional Court shall be independent of any other public authority and is subject only to the Constitution.
(3) the Constitutional Court shall guarantee the supremacy of the Constitution, ensure implementation of the principle of separation of State power into legislative, Executive and judicial power and guarantee the responsibility of the State towards the citizen and of the citizen towards the State.
Article 135Atribuţiile (1) the Constitutional Court: a) enforces, Parlamentary control and decisions of Parliament, Presidential decrees, decisions and orders of the Government and by the international treaties to which Moldova is a party;
b) interprets the Constitution;
c) to pronounce on initiatives aimed at revising the Constitution;
d) confirms the results of Republican referendums;
e) confirms results of elections of the Parliament and the President of the Republic of Moldova;
(f) the circumstances that justify) finds the dissolution of Parliament or dismissing the President or the interim office of the President, as well as the impossibility of the President to exercise his powers for more than 60 days;
solves exceptional cases) of unconstitutionality of the judicial acts of the Supreme Court of Justice;
h) decides over matters dealing with the constitutionality of a political party.
(2) the Constitutional Court carries out its activity on the initiative of the subjects covered by the law on the Constitutional Court.
Article 136Structura (1) the Constitutional Court is composed of six judges, appointed for a term of 6 years.
(2) two judges appointed by the Parliament, the Government and two of the Superior Council of Magistracy.
(3) the judges of the Constitutional Court shall elect, by secret ballot, the President.
Article 137Independenţa of the Constitutional Court Judges are irremovable for the duration of their mandate, independent and subject only to the Constitution.
Article 138Condiţiile for appointment Judges of the Constitutional Court shall have a Judicature, high professional competence and a length of at least 15 years in the business, legal, or legal education in scientific activity.
Article 139Incompatibilităţi the post of judge of the Constitutional Court is incompatible with any other remunerated public or private office, except for didactic and scientific activity.
Article 140Hotărîrile of the Constitutional Court (1) laws and other normative acts or some parts thereof become null and void from the moment of adoption of the corresponding decision of the Constitutional Court.
(2) decisions of the Constitutional Court are final and cannot be appealed.
Title VIREVIZUIREA CONSTITUŢIEIArticolul 141Iniţiativa revision (1) revision of the Constitution may be initiated by: a) a number of at least 200000 of Moldovan citizens with the right to vote. Citizens initiating the revision of the Constitution must come from at least half of the territorial-administrative units of the second level, and each of them must be registered at least 20000 signatures in support of this initiative;
b) a number of at least one third of the members of Parliament;
(2) constitutional bills will be presented to Parliament only together with the opinion of the Constitutional Court, adopted with a vote of at least four judges.
Article 142Limitele (1) revision of the provisions concerning the character of the sovereign, independent State and the unit, as well as those relating to the permanent neutrality of the State may be revised only with the approval by referendum, the majority of citizens registered in the electoral roll.
(2) no revision shall be made, if it results in the Suppression of the fundamental rights and freedoms of citizens or of their guarantees.
(3) the Constitution cannot be revised during the State of emergency, martial law and war.
Article 143Legea concerning the amendment of the Constitution (1) Parliament is entitled to enact a law on amendments to the Constitution after at least 6 months from the date on which the appropriate initiative. The law shall be adopted by a two-thirds vote of the members.
(2) If, at the presentation of the initiative with regard to the amendment of the Constitution, the Parliament failed to adopt for a year the corresponding constitutional law, the proposal shall be deemed null and void.
Title VIIDISPOZIŢII FINAL and TRANZITORIIArticolul (1) this Constitution is adopted by the Parliament and the President shall promulgate the Republic of Moldova within three days.
(2) the Constitution of the Republic of Moldova shall enter into force on 27 august 1994. At the same time, the Constitution of the Republic of Moldova of 15th April 1978, as amended and supplemented, is repealed in its entirety.
Article II (1) laws and other regulations remain in force insofar as they do not contradict this Constitution.
(2) standing committees of the Parliament, the Government, within one year from the date of entry into force of this Constitution, shall examine the compliance of legislation with the Constitution and will submit to the Parliament proposals in that respect.
Article III (1) State institutions, existing at the date of entry into force of this Constitution, shall remain in operation until the establishment of new institutions.
(2) the Parliament, composed of 104 deputies, elected by universal, equal, direct, secret and freely expressed under conditions of political pluralism and multi-party system, in accordance with the law of 14 October 1993 concerning the election of the Parliament remains in operation until the expiration of its mandate, except as provided in this Constitution.
(3) the President of the Republic of Moldova, elected by universal, equal, direct, secret and freely expressed under conditions of political pluralism and multi-party system, for a period of 5 years, in accordance with the law of 18 September 1991 concerning Presidential elections, remains in operation until the expiration of the mandate for which he was elected, except as provided in this Constitution.
(4) the Government is invested in Office by Parliament, and retains its powers until the expiration of its mandate, except as provided in this Constitution.
(5) local authorities of State power and State administration bodies remain in operation until the expiration of its mandate, except as provided in this Constitution.
(6) Upon judges who, on the date of entry into force of this Constitution, the judges in at least 5 years, while the principle of inamovibilităţii, in accordance with article 116 (1), by a decree of the President of the Republic of Moldova, at the recommendation of the Minister of Justice and of the President of the Supreme Court.
(7) within 2 years from the date of entry into force of this Constitution, the judicial system will be reorganized by law in accordance with article 115.
Article IV article 25 paragraph (4), regarding the term of arrest, will have no bearing until 1st January 1995 on those persons who have committed serious crimes provided for in article 71 of the penal code.
Article V (1) within 6 months after the date of entry into force of this Constitution shall be established the Constitutional Court and the Court of Auditors.
(2) In the first composition of the Constitutional Court judges representing the Superior Council of Magistracy shall be appointed according to the general meeting of the people's judges and members of the Supreme Court.
Article VI until the establishment of the Constitutional Court, the cases provided for in article 135 of this Constitution may be decided, on the initiative of Parliament, by the Supreme Court.
Article VII (1) law of 1 September 1989 regarding the functioning of languages on the territory of the Republic of Moldova remains in force to the extent not contrary to this Constitution.
(2) the above-named law may be amended over the seven years following the date of entry into force of this Constitution, with the vote of at least two thirds of the deputies.
Article VIII the title VII final and transitory provisions, shall be considered an integral part of this Constitution and to regulate issues relating to its entry into force.
Search Translated Laws of Moldova