Read the untranslated law here: http://lex.justice.md/index.php?action=view&view=doc&lang=1&id=364128
on approving the cooperation agreement between the National Anti
Center of Moldova and the Office for Preventing and Combating Corruption
Republic of Latvia on exchange of information and experience in the field of prevention
corruption and in other areas related to fighting corruption
signed in Warsaw on December 8, 2015
in the Official Gazette
Article Number: 433
1. Approved and presented to Parliament for information Cooperation Agreement between the National Center for Anticorruption of the Republic of Moldova and the Office for Preventing and Combating Corruption of the Republic of Latvia on exchange of information and experience in the field of corruption prevention and other areas related to the fight against corruption, signed in Warsaw on 8 December 2015.
2. Ministry of Foreign Affairs and European Integration will notify Party nominated Latvian AGREEMENT.
March. National Anti-Corruption Center will take appropriate action to implement the provisions of the said Agreement.
PRIME MINISTER FILIP Paul
Deputy Prime Minister, Foreign Minister
and European Integration Andrei Galbur
N. 382. Chisinau, April 1, 2016.
Cooperation agreement between CENTRULNAŢIONAL MOLDOVAŞI OFFICE OF THE REPUBLIC OF CORRUPTION PREVENTION AND FIGHTING CORRUPTION
REPUBLIC OF LATVIA ON THE EXCHANGE OF INFORMATION AND EXPERIENCE IN THE FIELD OF PREVENTION
in other areas related to fighting CORRUPTION
Moldovan National Anti-Corruption Center and the Bureau for Corruption Prevention and Combating of Latvia, hereinafter referred Party
Given the need to develop and strengthen direct cooperation,
Trying to further increase the efficiency cooperation in preventing and detecting acts of corruption and related, Recognizing
equally important and complementary functions to prevent corruption, counter, education and the need to fight corruption in a holistic way, that legislation
his countries national and international treaties such as the UN Convention against corruption, criminal Law Convention against corruption and civil Law Convention against corruption of the Council of Europe have agreed on the following
Article 1. Scope of Agreement
1. The purpose of this agreement is a closer cooperation and exchange of information and experience between the Parties in preventing and counteracting corruption, investigation and disclosure of criminal acts related to corruption.
2. The provisions of this Agreement shall apply to the extent they do not contradict existing legislation on the territory of the Parties and international treaties signed and ratified by the Parties.
Article 2. Purpose and forms of cooperation
1. For the implementation of the Agreement, the Parties shall cooperate as follows:
a) in the field of corruption prevention;
B) in the investigation of specific criminal acts related to corruption;
2. Co-operation between the Parties will take the form:
a) exchange data and information;
B) where possible, organization of trainings, practical exercises or seminars, workshops, an exchange of methodological and legal;
C) implementing joint projects with the assistance of available funds;
D) carrying out measures to prevent corruption;
E) exchange of personnel.
Article 3. Content Exchange Information
In implementing the Agreement, the parties undertake:
1. At the request of the Parties, which will specify the purpose of using the information received, it will provide the necessary information about:
a) legal provisions identifying cases of corruption;
B) measures used for the detection and investigation of corruption;
C) techniques identified by the Parties on investigating acts of corruption;
D) measures to prevent corruption, social and scientific surveys and their results;
E) deployment methodology and results of the risk assessment of corruption;
F) anti-corruption awareness and education tools;
G) providing other information relevant to the functions fulfilled by the Parties to achieve the purpose of this Agreement;
2. Parties shall provide information on their own initiative if they consider that the provision of such information will help achieve the objectives of this Agreement.
Article 4. The procedures and conditions to the exchange of information about activities corruptive
1. Parties will provide change and refuse to provide or exchange information in accordance with national legislation and international treaties of the Parties signed and ratified by the Parties.
2. Exchange of information, requests for information or refusal to provide information will be carried out by specialized subdivisions of both parties.
March. Presentation urgent requests for supplying information and providing urgent information may be made by other employees authorized by the Parties, their electronic communications terminals being specified by the Parties in separate notifications.
4. The Parties shall provide each other with information, if that information provision is in accordance with national law, international obligations and interests of the requested Party.
May. Providing information will be interrupted and will destroy the information provided at the request of either Party.
Article 5. Trainings and Seminars common
Whenever possible, within available budgets and account assistance projects or joint parties will organize trainings, exercises, seminars, workshops and exchange of methodological and legal.
Article 6. Exchange Partners
1. In order to improve knowledge of investigative measures and arrangements applied by the Parties, mutual assistance and cooperation, as provided in this Agreement, the Parties may exchange competent collaborators.
2. Welcoming the delegates experts will provide information in accordance with national law.
March. Expenses related to the exchange of employees have to be covered by the Parties under separate agreements and national legislation of the Parties.
Article 7. Any Organizational
Rating given implementing the provisions of the Agreement will be performed as needed in Moldova and Latvia, rotating every three years.
Article 8. Cooperation languages
All documents relating to this Agreement shall be written in English or the language of the requesting Party with translation into English.
Article 9. Use of Information
1. Parties in accordance with their national legal framework will guarantee the confidentiality of the entire intelligence received.
2. The transmission and use of intelligence information in terms of this Agreement, the Parties shall comply with relevant national legislation on protection of secret information.
March. The Parties shall implement appropriate technical and organizational measures in order to protect information from incidental or illegal destruction, alteration, disclosure, and against any other unlawful processing of information.
4. Information or other material obtained through this agreement can not be transmitted to third parties or used for purposes other than those originally established without the prior written consent of the Party providing the information.
May. Where you will discover that there was an incorrect or distorted transmission of personal data requested Party shall promptly inform the requesting Party about this, and the latter shall correct or destroy the information without hesitation.
Article 10. Settlement of Disputes
Disagreements on the interpretation and implementation of this Agreement shall be settled through bilateral negotiations and consultations between the Parties within the scope of their competence, the Moldovan using diplomatic channels.
Article 11. Final Provisions
1. This Agreement is concluded for an indefinite period and shall enter into force on the date of notification in writing from the Moldovan side on the internal procedures required entry into force.
2. This Agreement may be amended by mutual agreement of the Parties, by concluding additional protocols, which will be integral parts of this Agreement, which will enter into force in accordance with paragraph 1 of this Article.
March. Within 30 days from the date of entry into force of this Agreement, the Parties shall notify each other of the authorized persons and will exchange data specific contact, according to the information, applications and other documents will be sent by terms of this Agreement.
4. This Agreement may be terminated by written notice by either Party through diplomatic channels. In this case, the Agreement shall cease the 90th day after receipt through diplomatic channels of the notice of termination by the other Party. Termination of the present Agreement do not affect the ongoing established under this Agreement during the period of validity.
May. Conditions relating to privacy protection and non-disclosure of information obtained under this Agreement, established before the termination of the Agreement also will be observed after the termination of the Agreement.
Signed in Warsaw, Poland, on 8 December 2015 in two original copies each in Romanian, Latvian and English languages, all texts being equally authentic. In case of divergence of interpretation or application of this Agreement, the English text shall prevail.
National Center for Prevention and Combating of Corruption Bureau
Corruption of the Republic of Moldova Latvia ________________________ ______________________
Vadim Cojocaru Jānis ROSE Deputy Director Acting Deputy Head
Search Translated Laws of Moldova