WM laws of MALAYSIA Act REPRINTING 130 HUMAN TISSUES ACT 1974 Contains all amendments to 1 January 2006 PUBLISHED by the COMMISSIONER of law revision, UNDER the AUTHORITY of law REVISION ACT 1968 in COLLABORATION with PERCETAKAN NASIONAL MALAYSIA BHD 2006 2 laws of Malaysia ACT Royal Assent Date 130......... 8 March 1974 the date of publication in the Gazette of ... ... more 14 March 1974 REPRINT BEFORE Reprinting the first............ 1995 Reprinting the second............ 2000 HUMAN TISSUES ACT 1974 Human Tissue 3 laws of MALAYSIA Act 130 HUMAN TISSUES ACT 1974 ARRANGEMENT of SECTIONS section 1. Short title, application and commencement 2. Transfer of part of the body for therapeutic purposes 3. The transfer and use of body parts 4. The body of the dead in the hospital 5. Acts valid in law before the commencement of this Act 4 laws of Malaysia ACT 130 Human Tissue 5 laws of MALAYSIA Act 130 HUMAN TISSUES ACT 1974 an act to make provision with respect to the use of human body parts of the dead for therapeutic purposes as well as for the purposes of education and medical research.
[1 January 1975, P.U. (B) 619/1974]
BE IT enacted by the Seri Paduka Baginda Yang di-Pertuan Agong with the advice and consent of the Dewan Negara and Dewan Rakyat in Parliament assembled, and by the authority of the same, as follows: short title, application and commencement 1. (1) this Act may be cited as the Human Tissues Act 1974 and shall apply throughout Malaysia.
(2) this Act shall come into operation on such date as the Minister responsible for health by notification in the Gazette.
Transfer of part of the body for therapeutic purposes 2. (1) if any person, whether in writing at any time or orally in the presence of two or more witnesses in the sick time he finally, have expressed a request that his body or any specific part of the body is used after his death for the purpose of therapeutic, or for the purpose of education or medical research, people who own her body with the legal laws after his death that can , unless he has reason to believe that the request was withdrawn subsequently, 6 laws of Malaysia ACT 130 allow transferred from the body of any part thereof or, as the case may be, certain parts of it, to be used in accordance with the request.
(2) without prejudice to subsection referred to earlier, the person in possession with the legal laws of one's dead body may allow the transfer of any part of the body to be used for the purpose aforesaid if, having made any reasonable investigation practice, he does not have reason to believe — (a) that the deceased had expressed her objection to such managed after his death; or (b) that the husband or wife or any of the deceased's surviving during the deceased died protesting against that body dealt with such.
(3) no authorization may be granted under this section in respect of any body by a person entrusted to him for the purpose of the body only to be buried or burned corpses.
The transfer and use of body parts 3. (1) subject to subsection (2) and (3), transfer and use of any part of a body in accordance with an authorization given pursuant to section 2 is valid in law.
(2) the transfer shall not be made except by a registered medical practitioner under section 14 full medical Act 1971 [Act 50], and which together with at least one more full registered medical practitioners have been satisfied by checking your own body is that life is already no more.
(3) where a person has reason to believe that a post-mortem, or such inquest or an investigation in respect of such death, may be held under the code of criminal procedure 7 Human Tissue [Act 593], except with the written consent of the Magistrate he may not — (a) to grant permission under section 2 in respect of that body; or (b) Act upon an authorization given by the deceased under subsection 2 (1) or by any other person.
The body of the dead in the hospital 4. In the case of a deceased's body lying in a hospital and unclaimed, people in authority to control and manage the hospital or any other person authorized by him shall be deemed for the purposes of this act as a person who owns that body with legal law.
Acts valid in law before the commencement of this Act 5. There is nothing in this Act shall be construed as making unlawful law any business on the body or any part of the body of a person who died if it was valid in law if the Act was not approved.
8 laws of Malaysia ACT 130 laws of MALAYSIA Act 130 HUMAN TISSUES ACT 1974 LIST AMENDMENT law short title force amend from — NO — Human Tissue 9 laws of MALAYSIA Act 130 HUMAN TISSUES ACT 1974 LIST SECTION AMENDED Section Power amend with effect from — NO —