Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 1050 Riga 2010 November 16 (Mon. 64 26) public health measures, the order Issued in accordance with the law of the epidemiological safety 36.2, the second paragraph of article i. General questions 1. determines the procedure to be taken in public health measures to prevent or reduce public health threats.
2. the meaning of these rules in emergency medical service are: 2.1 emergency medical provider;
2.2. national rules of international health at the point of contact (contact point).
3. Public health measures in accordance with the international health regulations article 22 provides the following competent authorities: 3.1 national agency "Infektoloģij Center" (hereinafter referred to as the Infektoloģij Centre of Latvia);
3.2. Emergency medical service;
3.3. the health inspection;
3.4. National Environment services;
3.5. The food and veterinary service.
II. reporting and information transfer 4. Infektoloģij Centre, the health inspectorate, the State Environmental Department and the food and veterinary service, you receive a message or the found occurrence, which could lead to international importance to public health, shall inform the contact point.
5. Upon receiving a report on public health, contact: 5.1. in cooperation with the competent authority which submitted the relevant report, assess the information obtained in accordance with the international health regulations in annex 2;
5.2. inform the Health Ministry about the case that the State can lead to international importance to public health;
5.3. within 24 hours of the health evaluation information to notify the World Health Organization's international health regulations of the contact point (hereinafter referred to as the who point of contact) for the case that the State can lead to international importance to public health, and in the context of their country, the public health measures;
5.4. continue to provide a focal point for the PMO for detailed information in the field of health, which is available on the notified cases, indicating a case detection and Diagnostics, illnesses and deaths, conditions affecting the spread of the disease and the health measures taken;
5.5. If necessary, please contact support who to assess the epidemiological evidence obtained during the reported epidemiological investigation of the case, and public health risks;
5.6. If necessary, notify the who focal point for issues related to response to potential international importance to public health.
6. If there is evidence in the territory of the country (irrespective of the origin or source of information) about the unexpected or unusual event that affects public health and may cause international importance to public health, the contact point shall notify the who focal point.
7. If possible, a contact point within 24 hours, inform the who focal point for receiving evidence on such public health threats outside the national territory that may cause international disease spread and gets human illness (imported or exported), vectors, which carry infection or contamination (imported or exported) or contaminated goods (imported or exported).
8. the focal point shall receive operational information from the who and the transfer contact point: 8.1. Infektoloģij Center – information on infectious diseases and uncertain etiology diseases that can cause international importance to public health;
8.2. the health system – information on public health;
8.3. the food and Veterinary Office-information about food contamination and the outbreak of communicable diseases sick with both people and animals;
8.4. the State fire and rescue service-information on toxic or radioactive substances, or the international spreading of the risk of spreading in the environment;
8.5. The national environmental service-information on toxic or radioactive substances, or the international spreading of the risk of spreading in the environment, as well as radiation-induced acute health risks when you have international importance to public health;
8.6. the National Guard, if a case or spreading the World Health Organization has identified a specific geographical location or territory, which is certainly the health protection measures;
8.7. The consumer protection Center – information on non-conformity of goods and services for the security and safety requirements;
8.8. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Ministry of transport – information on potential international importance to public health;
8.9. the National Agency for medicines, if international importance to public health is associated with the action of the medicinal product.
9. the Infektoloģij Centre, the health inspectorate, the State Environmental Department, the food and veterinary service, national fire and rescue service, the State Agency of medicines, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Ministry of transport within 24 hours of the possible meanings of international public health notification shall inform the contact point of the measures taken.
III. Preventive measures 10. Infektoloģij Center provides the epidemiological surveillance of communicable diseases, public health hazard identification and evaluation in the context of infectious disease and biological agents might spread.
11. the health inspection by the master of the ship, the owner, the operator or shipping agent that the request referred to in paragraph 13 ports: 11.1. ships, checks if the ship's sanitary treatment control exemption certificate or sanitary treatment control period of validity of the certificate;
11.2. the Board of Health issued treatment control a certificate of exemption or a certificate of sanitary control of the processing in accordance with the international health regulations 3. for a period of up to six months.
12. for the Board of control of sanitary processing a certificate of exemption or a certificate of sanitary control of the processing in accordance with the international health regulations article 39, health inspection to be submitted the following documents: application for Board 12.1. sanitary treatment control exemption certificate or sanitary treatment control issue of the licence;
12.2. Maritime Declaration of health in accordance with the international health regulations of Annex 8.
13. limited liability Company "airline" Liepaja "," limited liability company "Ventspils airport" and the State joint stock company "Riga International Airport" (Airport) Administration, Riga free port, Liepaja special economic zone and the port of Ventspils free port (port) authority and the State joint stock company "Latvian Railway" Administration established in its territory, border crossing points, which laid down the law on border crossing points: 13.1. provides a fundamental resource in accordance with the international health regulations of section B of annex 1;
13.2. in cooperation with the competent authorities concerned in the development plan for unexpected public health situation, indicates the compliance plan coordinator and with the point of contact;
13.3. the officer responsible for the provision of information to the competent authority concerned, if the international flight during the occupant has found the provisions referred to in point 14 of the signs or the vehicle is evidence of a public health risk;
13.4. ensure adequate action in emergency public health event, the performance of the focal point or the provisions referred to in paragraph 3, the competent authorities.
IV. Response measures 14. If the international flight time in the vehicle is in a person who has any of the symptoms of the disease, rash, fever, chills, skin, mucous membranes or eyes of jaundice, swelling of the lymph nodes, diarrhea, vomiting, bleeding, cough, and is suspected with hazardous or infectious diseases found in any type of public health evidence, before entering the territory of Latvia: 14.1. bus driver and passenger train chiefs immediately for a case report to the emergency medical service. Upon arriving at the border crossing point, the bus driver and a passenger train on the case of the Chief shall immediately inform the national border guards;
14.2. the master, owner, operator, or agent of the ship and the captain of the aircraft immediately for a case report to the airport or port administration administration of the relevant crossing points.
15. the administration of the airport or the port authorities specified for the provision of information to the responsible officer immediately reported the case to the emergency medical service.
16. If the vessel or aircraft crossing point (port, airport) not mentioned in paragraph 13 of these provisions and the vehicle is the person with the provisions referred to in point 14 of the signs of disease, the master, owner, operator, or agent of the ship and the captain of the aircraft on a case shall be notified immediately to the emergency medical services and the National Guard.
17. the Infektoloģij Centre 14 of these rules in the cases referred to in paragraph 17.1. launch event: the epidemiological inquiry and the information obtained shall be assessed in accordance with the international health regulations in annex 2;
17.2. the aircraft requires the captain or his representative aircraft ģenerāldeklarācij health section under the international health regulations in annex 9;
17.3. require the master of a ship, the owner, operator, or agent of the ship Sea sanitary Declaration in accordance with the international health regulations in annex 8;
17.4. If necessary, isolate the vehicle and require the affected area to prevent the spread of the disease;
17.5. disinfection, disinsectization supports and pest extermination carried out in accordance with the laws and regulations for disinfection, pest control and pest extermination;
17.6. about the case reported to the contact point;
17.7. the State border guard of the request, provide the necessary information about the person in relation to a suspicion of the presence of dangerous infectious diseases at border crossing points of the vehicle is stacionēt the Infektoloģij Centre (that person for objective reasons are not checks).
18. If it is established the infectious disease agent in connection with the transport of animals, food and veterinary service provides relevant luggage, cargo and vehicle disinfection.
19. the national fire and rescue service provides the decontamination persons who have had contact with toxic, radioactive and biological agents (including contact with the patient, on which dangerous diseases to exist professionally reasonable suspicion).
The Prime Minister, regional development and local Government Minister v. dombrovsky Health Minister j. Bārzdiņš