The Republic of Latvia Cabinet of Ministers of 29 July 1997 of Regulation No 261 in Riga (nr. 42.14. ¤) national sanitary inspection regulations Issued under the law of the Ministry of equipment, article 15 (1) of the i. General questions 1. State sanitary inspection (hereinafter sanitary inspection) is the national regulatory authority, which distributes legislative control and supervision of the execution of the hygiene, safety and epidemic food safety in the territory of the Republic of Latvia.
2. Sanitary Inspection is the welfare of the Ministry of national civiliestād.
3. Sanitary Inspection is a legal person, and it is supplemented with the State of the Republic of Latvia the small coat-of-arms images and the full name of the sanitary inspection. Sanitary inspection is the budget account in the Treasury account. Sanitary inspection shall be financed from the State budget.
4. Sanitary Inspection shall establish and remove the Cabinet.
II. main tasks of the sanitary inspection of sanitary inspection task 5 is to control and monitor the official accredited bodies and conformity assessment certificate issued by the existence of the regulated sphere, relevant legislation, as well as the hygienic situation of human living environment, the epidemic in the area of security, food and chemicals used in household and chemical products. Sanitary inspection shall take all these areas of activity-related tasks, excluding those which are State Labour Inspectorate, the national veterinary service, the State environment inspectorate, national pharmaceutical inspection, sanitary border inspection, Trade Center, national plant protection station and the State grain inspection competence.
6. Sanitary Inspection cooperates with this provision in paragraph 5 of the said institutions, as well as with other bodies.
7. to make this provision in paragraph 5 above, the sanitary inspection tasks controls: 7.1. human life environment: 7.1.1. hygienic situation of public and production facilities and the necessary existence of conformity assessment certification in those places, as well as the relevant legislative requirements;
7.1.2. the quality of water and soil pollution, as well as the relevant legislative requirements for recreation areas;
7.1.3. the hygienic situation and the regulatory requirements of the laws and populated areas, as well as at the request of the population — living spaces;
7.1.4. pest extermination, pest control and disinfection and the regulatory legislative requirements;
7.1.5. traffic and freight transport, as well as the associated object state of hygiene and regulatory requirements of the laws under the Cabinet of Ministers defined function allocation between ministries;
7.1.6. the observance of the safety zones around the aprobežojum water sampling sites;
7.2. Security epidemic: 7.2.1 the statutory preventive and pretepidēmisk in any of the requirements in the territory of the Republic of Latvia;
7.2.2. infectious disease registration procedures;
7.2.3. compliance with prohibitions and restrictions set out in the work in the profession;
7.3. the use of household chemicals and chemical products in the field of trade: 7.3.1. a household chemical and chemical product safety and security of identity documents;
7.3.2. dangerous substances and the validity of licences for the marketing of products, and other regulatory requirements;
7.3.3. the chemical and chemical product labelling, packaging and marketing term compliance, as well as the necessary conformity assessment certificate;
7.3.4. the operating instructions;
7.3.5. the use of household chemicals and chemical product storage requirements;
7.4. food: 7.4.1. food additive safety and proof of existence and the corresponding legislative requirements in all stages of the food chain under the Cabinet of Ministers defined function allocation between ministries;
7.4.2. the safety proof of the existence of the materials in contact with foodstuffs;
7.4.3. food storage, marketing and transportation laws and regulatory requirements;
7.4.4. food hygiene laws and regulatory requirements and hygienic situation in all stages of the food chain under the Cabinet of Ministers defined function allocation between ministries;
7.4.5. documents certifying the quality of drinking water and provides water supply system in hygienic assessment of the situation (from the intake to the consumer), as well as the relevant legislative requirements and hygienic situation of drinking water supply systems and locations.
8. Sanitary Inspection collects and analyzes information on health monitoring and surveillance results and within their competence, shall prepare a proposal on the measures to improve the situation and the necessary amendments to the legislation.
9. the sanitary inspection of the control results teaching and upbringing institutions inform the local or national authorities, responsible for the training and education institution.
10. Sanitary inspection within their competence, the appearance of the natural and legal persons, complaints, applications and proposals.
11. Sanitary Inspection provide methodological assistance and information for State and municipal institutions and enterprises (companies), as well as other legal and natural persons for the sanitary inspection competence issues.
12. the Sanitary Inspection in accordance with the laws and regulations may also specify other tasks.
III. the rights of health inspection 13. sanitary inspection have the following rights: 13.1. in matters within their competence, to prepare and submit proposals to the Ministry of Welfare legislation projects;
13.2. to require from legal and physical persons the statutory hygiene safety epidemic that, food safety, the use of household chemicals and chemical products, trade rules and the measures of prevention of these provisions, as well as population health and life damaging disruption;
13.3. to decide on the suspension of the activities of the enterprise in accordance with the law "About companies, institutions and organisations of the suspension of the order" and to draw up legislation and protocols for mandatory enforceable measures to prevent infectious disease outbreaks or other human life and health, hygiene, harmful consequences of epidemic safety, food safety and the use of household chemicals and chemical products in the field of trade;
13.4. the procedure laid down in the laws and the administrative punishment of persons if they do not comply with or has contravened the requirements of the laws of hygiene, security epidemic, food safety and the use of household chemicals and chemical products in the field of trade;
13.5. the procedure laid down in the laws and law enforcement institutions to submit materials on the criminal prosecution of persons who violated hygiene, epidemic security, food safety and the use of household chemicals and product trade rules and as a result have harmed people's health and life;
13.6. the legislation established sue as people's living environment, as well as to human life and health damage compensation in the event of recovery from natural and legal persons;
8.5. in matters within their competence, to take control of any object in the whole territory of the Republic of Latvia, irrespective of the nationality of the relevant object, as well as, if necessary, request additional information and to take samples for laboratory examinations. Control and time of sampling must be present or the relevant authority must provide the authorised persons;
8.6. to require inspections of sanitary control of the natural and legal persons ensure sanitary inspection officials the necessary working conditions that the object of the inspection tasks;
13.9. the laws and regulations in accordance with the procedure laid down for free to get your tasks require information from natural and legal persons;
13.10. If necessary, call upon the police and other law enforcement institutions to ensure the sanitary inspection tasks;
13.11. propose to the competent authorities to suspend or withdraw the accreditation of national authorisation or conformity assessment bodies operating in the field of sanitary inspection competence areas;
13.12. the laws and other rights.
IV. structure of health inspection and sanitary inspection officials 14. structure and establishment, in accordance with the State budget and the number of units of the State wage fund approved by the Director of health inspection.
15. the Sanitary inspection may be territorial unit within its composition.
16. the sanitary inspection shall be headed by a Director, who is also Chief State Sanitary Inspector.
17. the sanitary inspection of the directors shall be appointed and relieved of the post of Welfare Minister.
18. the Director of health inspection:
18.1. organizes the work of the sanitary inspection and is personally responsible for the sanitary inspection tasks;
18.2. approved sanitary inspection department in the laws and regulations in the order appointed and removed from Office the officials (servants candidates) and concludes contracts of employment with employees;
18.3. in matters within their competence, make decisions, issue orders and decrees, as well as conclude contracts;
18.4 without special authorisation represents sanitary inspection;
18.5. the complaints concerning the sanitary inspection officials in the decisions and orders issued and, if necessary, shall amend or abolish them;
18.6. organise training of sanitary inspection and training.
19. the sanitary inspection may be Deputy Director.
20. the sanitary inspection officials have sanitary inspection Director, his deputies, heads of the part, the oldest state sanitary inspectors, public health inspectors, and the latest state sanitary inspectors. All sanitary inspection officials have servants (officials of the candidates).
21. the sanitary inspection officials and employees of the Office in accordance with the relevant Department by-laws, instructions and descriptions of posts determines the health inspection Director.
22. the sanitary inspection officials of their competences and powers, exercising control and supervision of the areas referred to in this regulation, have the following rights: 22.1. to take decisions, give opinions, make orders, to draw up legislation and protocols, review materials on hygiene, epidemic safety, food safety, the use of household chemicals and chemical products, regulatory law violations, as well as to call for the perpetrators to take administrative responsibility and other legislation;
22.2. the laws and regulations in the order to be brought before the Court of Justice in the event of natural and legal persons for people's living environment and human life and health, compensation of damage;
22.3. the laws and regulations in order to request and receive, free of charge in the performance of their tasks, the necessary information on health matters within the competence of the inspection of all natural and legal persons;
22.4. without a special permit, fees and other restrictions to visit any object throughout the territory of the Republic of Latvia, irrespective of the affiliation and attendance mode, except in special institutions and in the territories where attendance is aligned with the management or the relevant authority the administration of the territory;
22.5. the laws and regulations in order to make a product, product, goods, property, vehicles, premises, facilities, equipment and other articles required for preview, samples and organize their laboratory test. This inspection is to be carried out only if you do not have the necessary conformity assessment certificate or has a reasonable suspicion about the object of non-compliance with the laws and requirements or testing may be required for full clarification of health situations;
22.6. to require other authorizations issued by the authorities, if the epidemic hygiene, security and food safety regulatory infringements of the laws is in danger to human life and health;
14.1. the laws and other rights.
23. the sanitary inspection officials, carrying out job responsibilities, carry special identification marks-badges, as well as the present service card. It samples, carrying and display order, approve the Welfare Minister.
24. the sanitary inspection officials are forbidden to disclose the legal and physical persons of the business secrets which become known to them in the performance of their duties.
25. Sanitary Inspection officials are prohibited from personally or through third parties to participate in the sanitary inspection, control and monitoring of the undertakings (companies) business.
26. the sanitary inspection officials in the laws of the order are called to disciplinary, administrative, civil liability and criminal liability.
27. the sanitary inspection officials of the laws and decisions in the order can be appealed in court. Sanitary inspection officials decision to appeal shall not suspend the implementation thereof, except in the cases provided by law.
V. transitional issues 28. Regulations shall enter into force by 1 October 1997.
Prime Minister a. slice Welfare Minister v. Makarova in the