The Republic of Latvia Cabinet of Ministers of 5 august 1997 in regulation. 295 in Riga (. No 43 59. ¤) building materials and būvizstrādājumuatbilstīb assessment kārtībareglamentēt sphere Issued in accordance with the law "on conformity assessment" 3., 7., 8., and article 12 1. terms used in the rules: 1.1 essential requirements-the requirements that must be met to ensure the safety of construction or building materials and the safety of human life, health and the environment;
1.2. validity of use requirements-requirements, nominated by the building materials or construction products, if they are built, assembled or used in a building, which is a regulated domain objects and which must ensure the essential requirements;
1.3. technical approval – technical regulations governing the construction of the building or technical assessment of the fulfilment of the essential requirements and the suitability of the construction of the building or building works;
1.4. technical regulations-the set of requirements defined by the building materials and construction products have the required characteristics or building or construction products conformity assessment procedures.
2. These rules are determined by the building materials and construction products (hereinafter referred to as products) general conformity assessment procedures for the regulated sphere.
3. product conformity assessment requirements determined by the specific product specifications.
4. The purpose of these provisions is to ensure product conformity assessment procedures, to protect the Latvian market of products that do not comply with the regulations laid down in the essential requirements to prevent risks to human health, life and property and to the environment, as well as to promote the free movement of goods within the territory of Latvia and international trade.
5. Conformity assessment refers to regulated or non-regulated sphere depending on product type and field of use.
6. the functions of the technical rules comply with normatīvtehnisk documents law "About the safety of goods and services and the manufacturer and service provider".
7. Product with regulatory requirements of the field attest to the documentary. The product complies with the requirements of the regulatory sphere, if it: fulfil the use 7.1 the requirements of validity;
7.2. ensure the product concerned specified the essential requirements.
8. the validity of use of the product requirements and product adoption is essential requirements specified in the relevant product in the technical regulations.
9. the product sliding the following essential requirements: 9.1. mechanical strength and stability;
9.2. fire protection;
9.3. higiēniskum, the effects on human health and the environment; 9.4. security of use;
9.5. protection against noise;
9.6. energy saving and thermal insulation.
10. Depending on the product usage it can raise all essential requirements, some essential requirements or waive any of the essential requirements. If the product does not have to put any of the essential requirements to certify its conformity is not necessary.
11. the product meets the technical requirements laid down in the provisions on supplier's Declaration of conformity or the certificate of the product quality system certificate.
12. the cabinet authorized conformity assessment bodies (laboratories, inspection testing, technical approval and certification bodies, product technical rule making authority) shall assess the conformity of products, organizes and coordinates the activities related to the recognition of the international level, as well as their competence represents Latvia in European and international organizations. The protection of the environment and regional development Ministry in the Cabinet of Ministers proposals submitted to this authority for the authorization.
13. the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in accordance with the European Union, the existing notification procedure shall notify the European Commission of the notified conformity assessment bodies operating under the requirements of the European Union.
14. The list of products that require a conformity assessment for regulated sphere, as well as the product safety criteria approved by the Cabinet of Ministers of the environment and regional development Ministry.
15. By 1 July 1998 are prohibited in Latvia produced and imported rules referred to in paragraph 14 of the list of products covered by this provision, without the mentioned in paragraph 11 of formal compliance. For a list of the products referred to in the realization of the document without the perpetrators held to account under the procedures laid down by law.
16. On the imported product compliance with these provisions in accordance with the provisions of the Cabinet of Ministers, which determines the order in which the Republic of Latvia are recognised abroad issued product, process or service conformity assessment certificates and approvals regulated sphere, is responsible for the product the importer or the distributor-company register company (the company).
17. Until 1 July 2002:17.1. product conformity assessment of standards and technical regulations in the European Union Member States is required;
17.2. product conformity assessment bodies state regulated sphere can work without notification to the European Commission.
18. The protection of the environment and regional development Ministry submitted to the Cabinet of Ministers: 18.1. until 1997, 1 November-proposals for the authorization of the relevant authorities for the conformity assessment of products regulated sphere; 18.2 to 1998 January 1,-the list of products that require a conformity assessment for regulated sphere.
19. These regulations shall enter into force by 1 October 1997.
Prime Minister a. slice of environmental protection and regional development Minister, Deputy Prime Minister a. Gorbunov will