The Republic of Latvia Cabinet of Ministers of 29 December 1998, Regulation No 488 in Riga (pr. No 69, § 8) rail infrastructure fund rules Issued in accordance with article 10 of the Railway Act, the fifth part i. General questions 1. These rules shall be defined by the railway infrastructure Fund (hereinafter Fund).
2. The Ministry of transport at the time c eturksn newspaper "journal" publishes information on: 2.1 Fund revenue;
2.2. the expenditure of public funds to public railway infrastructure maintenance and development, as well as the rail administration and the railway technical inspection activities.
II. management of the Fund. the Fund is managed by 3 traffic Minister who takes decisions about programming and the Fund put the country in a special budget.
4. the Transport Ministers in the absence of the Fund managed by the Ministry of transport Secretary.
5. traffic Minister creates Advisory Board of the Foundation. The Fund's Advisory Board provides recommendations to fund planning and utilisation.
6. the Fund's Advisory Council by-laws approved mi gets traffic.
III. Fund-raising 8. Resources of the Fund in the accounts of the Fund Treasury settlement Center.
8. the State public-use railway infrastructure manager not later than ten months before the start of the next financial year shall submit to the Ministry of transport and the Fund's Advisory Council the following documents for the next financial year: 8.1. summarize and motivate (specify objectives and priorities) State budget request;
8.2. the fees for national public rail infrastructure charging forecast;
8.3. deduction from oil products excise tax imposed on diesel fuel used for rail transport to the extent forecast;
8.4. the use of the Fund's programmes and subprogrammes;
8.5. a draft statement of estimates of revenue and expenditure.
9. by paragraph 8 of these regulations set out in the document revision of the Fund's Advisory Council of the Ministry of transport evaluated the proposals and legislation established the national budget shall be prepared at the request of the project.
10. F Onda funding consists of State special budget law on the State budget in the current year.
11. on the basis of the law on the State budget for the current year, the traffic Minister approved Fund programme and sub-programme of the revenue and expenditure projections, which you can specify on a quarterly basis.
12. Payment for the State public-use railway infrastructure and revenue from the State public-use railway infrastructure fund, including land leasing under contracts between the infrastructure manager and the carrier or land tenant.
13. Deduction from oil products excise tax imposed on diesel fuel used for rail transport includes the Fund regulations.
IV. use of Fund resources 14. Fund used: 14.1 national public-use railway infrastructure maintenance, restoration (including distress and liquidation of natural disaster) and construction;
14.2. the State public-use railway infrastructure management of the works and technical supervision;
14.3. the national public-use railway infrastructure development for forecasting and development of programmes and projects;
14.4. national public-use railway infrastructure project funding of scientific research and public-use railway infrastructure operating rail specialist training;
14.5. the State public-use railway infrastructure technical upgrading programs;
14.6. the purchase of land, to improve and develop the State public-use railway infrastructure;
14.7. environmental protection measures and conditioning of railway land in the land of bin bar;
14.8. transnational cooperation initiatives and programmes in the field of railway infrastructure;
9.3. traffic safety;
14.10. the register of railway infrastructure;
14.11. to inform the public of the country public railway infrastructure matters;
14.12. the State public-use railway infrastructure financing for the reimbursement of the credit;
14.13. the operation of the railway administration;
14.14. Railway technical inspection activities.
15. the State public-use railway infrastructure manager shall submit monthly reports to the Ministry of traffic and explanations of the actual use of the Fund.
16. Two times a year — up to 1 January and 1 July, the Ministry of transport shall inform the Ministry of economy of the utilization of the Fund in accordance with the public investment program.
V. concluding questions 17 to the State public-use railway infrastructure managers to determine its functions by the State joint stock company "Latvian Railway".
18. Regulations shall enter into force by 1 January 1999.
Prime Minister v. krištopans Deputy Prime Minister, Minister a. Gorbunov traffic will