The Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Latvia in 1999 on December 7, Regulation No 400 (in Riga. No. 68, § 5.) the order in which to be accredited for general education and professional education programs and educational institutions Issued under the Education Act, article 14, paragraph 8 and 11, article 15, paragraph 5 of article 27, third paragraph of article 33 and the General Education Act, article 4, paragraph 1 1. these rules determine the order in which to be accredited: 1.1. education programs learning acquires general primary or secondary education , professional education, vocational education or vocational secondary education, or State recognized the second or third level of professional qualifications;
1.2. General education and vocational training authority (hereinafter educational institution), which implement the provisions referred to in point 1.1. education programs.
2. Educational institution are accredited on the basis of educational institutions founder or Manager application or the application of the Ministry responsible for education, or education national inspection proposal.
3. The question of educational programs and accreditation of an educational institution shall consider and adopt a decision to the Minister of education and Science approved General Education Accreditation Commission or Professional Education Accreditation Commission (hereinafter Accreditation Commission).
4. the Accreditation Commission, accredited education program: 4.1. assess the quality of the implementation of the programme of education, theoretical and practical teaching, learning processes and achievements, student and teachers ' working conditions, as well as documentation relating to the implementation of a programme of education;
4.2. the decision on the implementation of the programme of education quality in compliance with the Education Act and other legislative or regulatory requirements;
4.3. specific sample document issued — education programs accreditation (annex 1), which give the right to the education authority to continue implementation of the licensed educational programs and be issued by a State recognized general education or vocational education, or a certificate of professional qualifications for the education programs.
5. the Accreditation Commission, accredited educational institution: 5.1 evaluate educational work organisation and resources, teacher qualifications, methodological and logistical support required for the appropriate accredited education programme teaching methodical work, as well as the centralized mainstream subject or centralised professional qualifications exam organization;
5.2. Decides on educational activities in compliance with the Education Act and other legislative or regulatory requirements;
5.3. sample document served: educational institutions accreditation (annex 2), the authority of the education grant entitlement at centralised mainstream subject or centralised professional qualifications exam or State-funded vocational training programmes.
6. Educational institution accredited by the accreditation of education programmes implemented or with it.
7. Education or accredited educational institution for a period of not less than one year and not more than six years, and it determines the education programs be implemented.
8. the head of the Accreditation Commission's Minister of education and science's authorized representative. The Accreditation Commission will include: 8.1. the authorized representative of the Ministry responsible for the educational institution;
8.2. a national inspection authorized representative;
8.3. The Latvian free trade union's authorized representative;
8.4. the local authorized representative of the Union;
8.5. The Latvian employers ' Confederation authorized representative (professional education programs or vocational training institutions accreditation).
9. the Accreditation Commission: 9.1. establish an expert Commission;
9.2. the Commission of experts determine the start-up period;
9.3. the accredited education programs or educational institutions and on the basis of the decision of the Commission of experts, not earlier than 10 days and not later than 15 days after receiving the decision of the Commission of experts, but no later than 30 days after the start date of accreditation shall decide on: 9.3.1. Accreditation page concerned the issue of or refusal to issue a credential page, or on the page of the withdrawal of accreditation;
9.3.2. the period of validity of the accreditation page.
9.4. prepares and issues accreditation page or provide a motivated written refusal to grant accreditation page;
9.5. objections to the decision of the Commission of experts and, if necessary, create another expert Commission.
10. Accreditation Commission and the Commission of experts working under the Minister of education and Science approved the primary and secondary education degree program accreditation and general education and vocational education institutions accreditation rules.
11. the Commission of experts is the head of State inspection of education authorized representative. Expert panelists will include: 11.1. Deputy Head of the Expert Commission, the municipal authorised representative (professional education programs or vocational training institutions accreditation — the Minister of education and science's authorized representative);
11.2. education programs corresponding to the profile industry.
12. the Expert Commission shall: 12.1. within 15 days of the assessed to be accredited education programs to be accredited for the implementation or the quality of education;
12.2. Decides on educational programs or educational accreditation, available to educational institutions and submit for the approval of the Accreditation Commission decision.
13. a copy of the accreditation and credential stores a copy of the decision of the Commission of the Ministry of education and science.
14. where the educational institution does not agree with the decision of the Commission of experts, not later than 10 days after receipt of the decision of the Commission of experts shall be submitted in writing to the Accreditation Commission motivated application with a request to identify other experts Commission.
15. The accreditation costs — organizational and design expenses, as well as the experts ' mission expenses and remuneration for hours worked according to be financed from the national budget authorities ninth post qualification category of employee pay, confirms to the Minister of education and science.
16. the costs of accreditation: 16.1. State educational institutions, from the national to the Ministry it budget, responsible for the educational institution;
16.2. the municipal educational institutions — from municipal budget;
16.3. private education institutions — the education institutions founder.
Prime Minister a. slice, Minister of education and science's Gold»