Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 283 in Riga on 22 august 2000 (pr. No. 39, § 8) telecommunications terminal equipment conformity assessment rules Issued in accordance with the law "on conformity assessment" article 7 i. General questions 1. these provisions define the essential requirements and the conformity assessment procedures to those produced in Latvia and the imported telecommunications terminal equipment intended for direct connection to the public telecommunications network or collaborate with public telecommunications networks by connecting directly or indirectly, in order to send, process or receive information (hereinafter equipment).
2. the compliance of equipment assessed by competent authorized conformity assessment bodies which, by the advice of the Ministry of transport of the powers of the Cabinet of Ministers (hereinafter referred to as the notified bodies), and institutions for which, in accordance with international agreements or protocols shall notify the European Commission (hereinafter referred to as notified body).
3. The installation complies with the requirements of this regulation if the relevant equipment in certain essential requirements. Equipment in certain essential requirements are: 3.1 electrical safety of users in accordance with the rules for electrical safety of equipment;
3.2. public telecommunications network operator electrical safety of employees in accordance with the rules for electrical safety of equipment;
3.3. electromagnetic compatibility requirements (if the following requirements are applicable);
3.4. the public telecommunications network protection against damage;
3.5. the efficient use of radio spectrum (if such a requirement is applicable);
3.6. equipment in cooperation with the public telecommunications network in real or virtual connection installation, modification, billing, maintenance or izvienošan;
3.7. equipment, cooperation with the public telecommunications network;
3.8. the special requirements of the national standard of equipment in collaboration with the public telecommunications network in Latvian State standards: 3.8.1. EN 158:1999 "the public telecommunications network termination point of the technical regulations. Analog subscriber lines. Motor interface and add the method ";
3.8.2. EN 159:1999 "the public telecommunications network termination point of the technical regulations. Analog subscriber lines. Electrical interface and basic signal ";
3.8.3. EN 265:2000 "specific requirements for the terminal equipment that is connected to the public switched telecommunications network fixed analogue subscriber line interface";
3.8.4. Lvs 266:2000 "requirements for telecommunications terminal equipment connected to the public telecommunications network, fixed with 2 Mbit/s (D2048) and R2 signalling".
4. the equipment shall be considered to satisfy the essential requirements if they are manufactured in accordance with the applicable requirements set out in the standards and all these requirements are certified by the manufacturer, his authorized representative or the importer's declaration. Compliance with these rules by the manufacturer, its authorized representative or the importer provides one (optional) of the following requirements (documentation stored in at least 10 years after the last equipment into the market): 4.1 prepare the equipment for the technical documentation and Declaration of the manufacturer;
4.2. subject to these rules, shall draw up technical documentation and equipment submitted for evaluation or notified bodies notified, which evaluates compliance with the type of equipment;
4.3. carry out the full quality of equipment and draw up a declaration of the manufacturer.
5. Equipment manufactured in the Member States of the European Union under the European Union existing conformity assessment procedures and comply with the requirements of specific national standards, you can freely distribute the Latvian market, certifying compliance with the manufacturer, his authorized representative or the importer's Declaration of conformity.
II. the conformity assessment body To body is 6 to assess compliance with the mandated, it shall ensure that the following minimum requirements: 6.1 personnel, the necessary means and equipment technical support;
6.2. the professional competence of staff;
6.3. the independence of the staff, preparing the reports, issuing the certificates and in accordance with these rules when assessing the quality system in relation to persons who are directly or indirectly associated with it;
6.4. non-disclosure of professional secrets;
6.5. the independence of the staff remuneration of the test or inspection carried out and their results;
6.6. the staff of the civil liability insurance.
III. The type of system and equipment type assurance 7. Manufacturer, his authorized representative or the importer shall determine which equipment for connection to the public telecommunications network at. Equipment that can be connected to the public telecommunications network, using the frequency spectrum is considered to be the intended for connection to the public telecommunications network.
8. Machine type-examination is the procedure whereby a notified body assesses whether the instance that represents the equipment under consideration meets these provisions apply to it in paragraph 3.
9. Ensuring compliance with the type of equipment, the manufacturer, his authorized representative or the importer declares that the installation complies with the installations of the type described in the certificate of conformity and requirements.
10. the manufacturer, his authorized representative or the importer of a conformity assessment body in the conformity assessment of the application, specifying the name and address of the manufacturer (if the application is lodged by the manufacturer or the authorised representative, the importer-give it a name and address). To be added to the following application documents: 10.1 General description of type, patterns and subsystems;
10.2. operation of equipment description and explanations;
10.3. full or partial list of the standards applied;
10.4. the results of the checks carried out and the test report;
10.5. the notified body issuing the certificate of compliance of the equipment type copies;
10.6. the documentation relating to the quality system;
10.7. user information or handbook.
11. If the institutions of the European Union in the testing and conformity assessment are met, this provision in paragraph 3.8., further testing is required.
12. The type of equipment the conformity certificate confirms conformity of the apparatus with the essential requirements. It indicates the name and address of the manufacturer, conclusions of the examination, conditions for its correctness, and data necessary for the identification of the type approved equipment.
13. to the declared equipment, if required, can be put back to the declarant, in the Declaration of conformity is the following: 13.1. Description of the equipment;
13.2. the reference to internal law, under which the equipment was declared, and the indication of measures taken to ensure compliance with this provision of the equipment;
13.3. the data on persons, authorized to commit the manufacturer, his authorized representative or the importer's behalf;
13.4. the reference to the notified body issuing the certificate of conformity for the type of equipment to, if necessary, the type of equipment again.
IV. Production of full quality assurance 14. the manufacturer shall submit an application to the institution authorized or notified of the assessment of the quality system according to EN ISO 9001 EN "quality system. Design, development, production, Assembly and service quality assurance model "standard requirements. The application specifies the project control and verification techniques, processes and systematic actions that will be used when designing the equipment concerned. The application shall be accompanied by: 14.1. technical documentation on the equipment, and the type of equipment the conformity certificate;
14.2. the quality system documentation: 14.2.1. details of quality system objectives, organization charts, the responsibility and the duty officer descriptions (for product quality);
14.2.2. the production, quality control and quality assurance techniques, processes and systematic description of the activities to be undertaken;
14.2.3. before and after the equipment manufacturing, as well as during its operation of the checks and tests carried out descriptions and details about the frequency of the checks and tests;
14.2.4. quality records (inspection reports, test data, calibration data, qualification reports of the staff);
14.2.5. the means and the organizational measures, which are used to ensure the quality and effectiveness of the monitoring system.
15. The authorized or notified body assesses whether the quality system shall ensure compliance of the manufactured equipment with the essential requirements, and shall notify the manufacturer of its decision. Decision must be included in the inspection and a reasoned opinion of the results of the assessment. If the quality system shall ensure compliance of the manufactured equipment to the requirements of these provisions, the trustee or the notified body shall issue the certificate of quality system.
16. the manufacturer is responsible for ensuring the uniformity of production the production process.
17. The manufacturer shall allow the notified or announced to the institution the ability to control equipment inspection, testing and storage, as well as access to the information they need.
18. the manufacturer shall inform the notified or announced the institution planned changes to the quality system. Authorized or notified body evaluates it and decide whether the changed quality system will not affect the compliance of the equipment, and shall notify the manufacturer of its decision.
19. The authorized or notified body periodically checks the quality system, to control whether the manufacturer uses certified the quality system and provide the manufacturer with a report on the results of the inspections.
20. Authorized or notified body is entitled to check the quality of the system without prior application. After the inspection the authorized or notified body must provide the manufacturer with a report on the results of the inspection.
21. quality system certificates and reports on the results of the manufacturer presented the notified or announced to the institution and market supervisory authority on request.
22. If it is found that equipment is not uniform or does not meet the requirements of these provisions, the trustee or the notified body shall inform the notified body of the authorised or which issued the type certificate of compliance and quality system certificate as well as the market surveillance authorities.
23. the institution of the decisions adopted in accordance with the provisions of 15, 18, 20 and 22, shall notify the month.
V. 24. Labelling equipment complies with the essential requirements, labelled with the CE marking, the competent notified body notified or symbol and the symbol indicating that the equipment is intended and valid for connecting to the public telecommunications network (annex 1).
25. If the installation must also comply with other legal requirements in relation to the CE marking on the equipment, the equipment shall be marked with the CE mark only if it also meets these requirements.
26. If the legislation provides that the producer can choose which of the requirements for the equipment to perform, the CE marking shall indicate conformity with the requirements of the chosen and performed by the manufacturer. Comply with the requirements specified in the technical documentation attached to the machine in accordance with the legislation.
27. the manufacturer, his authorized representative or the importer, who produces or wants to distribute market equipment that is suitable for connection to the public telecommunications network at, but which have not been previously provided for, it shall be marked with the equipment these regulations annex 2 shows the symbol and add this rule to the machine specified in annex 3 of the Declaration and description of use. These documents shall be submitted to the authorized institution concerned notified before or the equipment distribution market.
28. the manufacturer, his authorized representative or the importer must affix label machine (if this is not possible, on its packaging or attached-technical documentation) so that the marking should be clearly visible, legible and indelible.
29. On the equipment, its packaging or the attached technical documentation may not deploy such marking, which is similar to the CE marking and are likely to be misleading with regard to the meaning and form of the CE marking.
Vi. Market monitoring 30. market surveillance authorities shall perform the functions of the consumer rights protection centre, which carries out the laws and measures to prevent non-complying with the essential equipment distribution market.
31. If the equipment manufacturer or its authorized representative is registered with the Latvian legislation in accordance with the procedure laid down for compliance with these rules is the responsibility of the importer of the equipment.
VII. concluding issues 32. The certificate of compliance, by the traffic Department, Ministry of communications Certification Commission under the Ministry of transport on 6 November 1995, the order No. 137 "On telecommunication compulsory certification" (Latvian journal, 1995, nr. 184) are valid until the date specified in the certificate.
33. the rules shall enter into force on the 1 November 2000.
Prime Minister a. SMITH, traffic Minister a. Gorbunov rules enter into force by 1 November 2000 annex 1 Cabinet of 22 august 2000 by Regulation No 283 symbols for labelling equipment, which is connected to the public telecommunications network the CE marking authorized symbol that certifies that the equipment of the institution the symbol is intended for connection to and valid public telecommunications network notes.
1. the CE marking attesting compliance with specific equipment requirements form the capital letters CE.
2. If the CE marking is the size to increase or decrease, followed the instructions in the sample proportions.
3. The two components of the CE marking must have the same vertical dimensions, which may not be less than five millimeters.
Traffic Minister a. Gorbunov annex 2 Cabinet of 22 august 2000 by Regulation No 283 symbol for the labelling of equipment which are not intended for connection to the public telecommunications network traffic Minister a. Gorbunov will