The Republic of Latvia Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 442 of 2001 in Riga on 16 October (pr. Nr. 50, 6. ¤) higher education institutions and study programmes accreditation rules Issued in accordance with article 9 of the Law School's first part, article 25, third subparagraph, article 55 of the seventh paragraph and article 14 of the law on Education of 8, 10 and 11, article 15, paragraph 5 of article 27 and article 33, third part i. General questions 1. determines the procedure to be accredited higher education institutions: universities and colleges and educational institutions in the implementation of the first and second level professional higher education programs education programs, professional or academic degrees, as well as the doctoral study programme (hereinafter the programme).
2. two years after the commencement of the implementation of the programme of study in high school or college submit study programme in the Ministry of education and science.
3. a decision on the accreditation of the University adopted the higher education Council. A decision on the accreditation of the College shall be adopted by the Council of higher education of vocational training and employment of the trilateral cooperation apakšpadom the receipt of the opinion. A decision on the accreditation of the study programme adopt the rules referred to in paragraph 12 of the study programme Accreditation Commission.
4. High school, College and graduate program evaluation organized by the Ministry of education and science.
II. High school or college accreditation 5. for evidence of accreditation accreditation page — University or College shall submit to the Ministry of education and science, the application of these provisions connected to the documents referred to in annex 1. Application of high school or college accreditation may be made if more than 50 percent approved of the measures of the study programmes.
6. the application of these rules and annex 1 documents have to be submitted in the language of the country, adding the English translation or other this provision referred to in paragraph 24 of the Commission's evaluation activities (hereinafter referred to as the external inspection) a language accepted by the Organization, in coordination with the Ministry of education and science. College accreditation documents only in the national language.
7. the application shall specify: 7.1 the name of high school or college;
7.2. the high school or college legal address, phone number and account number at the bank;
7.3. high school or college registration certificate number;
7.4. the person's name and job title, which University or college by sort of accreditation issues.
III. Study programmes accreditation of University or college 8 courses necessary for evaluating documents accompanied by comparison with the same level of public colleges or colleges established in Latvia. The University also adds comparison with at least two recognised in their country in the European Union's National University study programmes, which it has designated. Professional higher education study programmes adds the appropriate professional standards or, if not, professional associations or employers ' reviews.
9. for each of the courses to be accredited school or College shall submit to the Ministry of education and science, the application of these provisions connected to the documents referred to in annex 2.
10. the application shall specify: 10.1. study programme;
10.2. the study program code;
10.3. the implementation of the programme of study duration and scope;
10.4. the requirements in starting a study program;
10.5. the degree or qualification;
10.6. the name of the high school or college;
10.7. the implementation of the programme of study place (school, University or College Branch) and type.
10.8. the person's name and job title, which University or college by sort of accreditation issues.
11. applications and other study programmes accreditation documents required to be submitted in the language of the country, adding the English translation or other external expertise in organizing a language accepted after coordination with the Ministry of education and science. Documents the first level of study programmes presented only in the language of the country.
IV. Study Programme Accreditation Commission 12. Minister of education and Science approved study program accreditation Commission (hereinafter Accreditation Commission), which include: 12.1. one representative delegated from the higher education Council, the Rector Council, Science Council of Latvia, Latvian Student Union, as well as three Ministry of education and Science representatives;
12.2. the vocational training Cooperation Council representative and two vocational training and employment of the trilateral cooperation of the representatives of the apakšpadom;
12.3. the programmes to be accredited to the relevant Ministry profile authorized representative and, if necessary, the Ministry delegated to industry experts. Representatives and experts shall participate only in the relevant sectoral programmes.
13. the Accreditation Commission: 13.1 review the high school or college applications;
13.2. This provision confirms the paragraph 24 referred to the Evaluation Commission and its head;
13.3. the basis of the evaluation provided by the Commission in the assessment of quality and Accreditation Commission members made the analysis, taken a decision on the accreditation of the study programme;
13.4. the Ministry of education and science or the higher education Council and based on the results of the analysis of the inspection shall take a decision on the accreditation of the study programme page of the withdrawal;
13.5. addressing other issues related to the accreditation of the study programme.
14. Accreditation the Commission shall organize meetings at least every two months. The hearing, chaired by the President of the Commission of accreditation or his delegated member of the Accreditation Commission.
15. the Accreditation Commission shall meet when convened by the President of the Commission. Accreditation Commission are valid if at least one half of the members of the Accreditation Commission.
16. The Accreditation Commission decision added to the Protocol. The decision shall be signed by the Chairman of the Commission and all the members of the Commission who attended the relevant meeting.
17. The Accreditation Commission decision adopted by the present Accreditation Commission members. If the vote is split in the same way, the President shall have a casting vote.
18. If any of the members of the Accreditation Commission does not agree with the decision of the Commission, his views accompanied by the decision to separate the message and together with the meeting minutes shall be submitted to the Minister of education and science.
19. The Accreditation Commission term of Office of members is four years. If any of the members of the Accreditation Commission ended its activities in the Accreditation Commission, he shall inform the Commission of accreditation and institution or organisation that he delegated the job to the Accreditation Commission. The relevant institutions or organisations from the new delegated representative is included in the Accreditation Commission in accordance with the Minister of education and science of the order.
V. accreditation progress 20. Decision on high school, college or study programmes Accreditation Council for higher education accreditation or the Commission shall adopt not later than six months after the receipt of the application.
21. the Minister of education and science within six months of receiving the application may give motivated order to extend this provision to the time limits referred to in paragraph 20, but not more than six months.
22. High school or College shall have the right to continue to apply for a study programme implementation, where, after examining the application deadline for a decision on a University, college or study programmes accreditation or motivated refusal is taken.
23. The Ministry of education and science verifies that the application and the documents annexed thereto supplied all the necessary information and, if necessary, request additional information. If within 30 days after the filing of the University or College has provided the necessary information, the application and the accompanying documents shall be returned to the respective University or college. The period of time required for the examination of the information submitted and the additional information required, not for the prescribed period.
24. in order to assess the University, a college or courses in accordance with the higher education Council, the Latvian Science Council, the Rector, the Board of the Latvian Academy of Sciences, as well as of other interested organisations the recommendations establish the Evaluation Committee, which includes the Latvian and foreign experts.
25. The Evaluation Committee shall consist of at least three experts: one expert from Latvia, the other experts from foreign countries. The Evaluation Committee of the College and first level professional higher education study programmes in all of the Evaluation Committee of experts may be from Latvia. Universities and colleges in the composition of the Evaluation Committee and approved by the heads of the higher education Council. Courses in composition of the Evaluation Committee and approved by the Commission for accreditation of heads.
26. the evaluation of the work of the Commission may participate, without voting rights, also the higher education Accreditation Council and the Commission recommended that the observer for the Council for higher education accreditation or the Commission with the Evaluation Commission.
27. The Evaluation Committee shall assess the high school or college submission and real conditions in high school or college and, if necessary, request additional information.
28. the Evaluation Commission experts provide their opinion.
29. The Evaluation Committee shall prepare a common opinion and the opinions of experts, together with duly submitted to the Council for higher education accreditation or the Commission.
30. the general opinion of the Evaluation Committee shall be prepared taking into account the following sources of information: 30.1. universities, colleges or graduate program self-assessment;
30.2. student and graduate employers (real or potential) survey results;
30.3. expert opinions;
18.9. the Evaluation Committee of experts visit a university or College, the resulting figures;
5. additional information if you need it.
31. the common opinion of the Evaluation Committee discussed the open Conference, which invites high school or college academic staff and student representatives, employers ' representatives, the Ministry of industry and Ministry of education and science, representatives of the higher education Accreditation Council and the representatives of the Commission, as well as other interested persons.
32. the assessment by the Commission of these provisions referred to in paragraph 31, the Conference prepared a final opinion and submit it to the Council for higher education accreditation or the Commission.
33. the Council for higher education accreditation or the Commission shall consult the high school or College, with the submission of the Commission's evaluation of the opinion and, if necessary, with the real conditions of a university or college.
34. For each of the positive assessment of the study programme of the Minister of education and Science issued the study programmes accreditation page showing the period of accreditation.
35. Study programmes accreditation page prepared by the Ministry of education and science and the signature of the Minister of education and science. Accreditation issued page is registered in the Ministry of education and science.
36. The higher education Council shall submit to the Ministry of education and science in high school or college about accreditation and the minutes of the proceedings. The accreditation page for the signature of the Minister of education and science, on the basis of the decision of the Council of higher education. Accreditation issued page is registered in the Ministry of education and science.
37. If the Evaluation Committee, the Accreditation Commission or by the Council of higher education finds shortcomings in the University, College, courses or study programs in accredited implementation for two years. Study programme for a two-year accredited only once. For two years an accredited study programme accreditation validity page has all the same rights that are accredited in the General Studies program.
38. If the Council for higher education accreditation or the Commission adopted the decision to refuse accreditation to the University, College, or graduate program, University or College may submit an application for accreditation no earlier than six months and not later than the year following the adoption of that decision. If a State founded in the University term, the application shall not be submitted again, the programme is seen as not accredited, and shall be subject to the provisions of paragraph 40.
39. the refusal to accredit the University, College, or graduate program can occur for the following reasons: 24.3. the documents submitted do not meet the statutory and other regulatory requirements;
24.4. academic staff do not have sufficient qualifications.
39.3. University or college does not ensure adequate study and knowledge base;
24.5. the University, college or study programme does not meet other requirements contained in these provisions.
40. If the Council for higher education accreditation or the Commission, shall adopt a decision to refuse accreditation, then after the decision by the Council for higher education accreditation or the Commission shall submit to the Minister of education and science advice on the appropriate school, college or graduate program restructuring or liquidation.
41. The Minister of education and science can identify a high school, a college or courses in extraordinary time of accreditation.
42. The higher education Council has the right to propose a high school, a college or courses in extraordinary accreditation. The decision on accreditation is taken extraordinary Minister for education and science.
43. the Council for higher education accreditation or the Commission decision on the refusal to accredit the University, College, or graduate program, as well as University, college or study programme accreditation the withdrawal may be appealed to the law laid down in month of adopting its decision.
44. the Minister of education and science, the University College rescinds or study programmes accreditation page in such cases: 44.1. submissions do not match reality;
44.2. University, a college or courses in the implementation of the changes, which alters the particulars provided on the application for accreditation, and those 30 days are not reported by the applicant to the Council for higher education accreditation or the Commission;
44.3. the University or college does not implement any accredited courses.
45. A University, college or study programme accreditation the reasons of cancellation shall be published in the newspapers "journal" and "education and culture" two weeks after the higher education Accreditation Council or Commission decision.
Vi. Study programmes accreditation of the repeating progress 46. Accredited programs submit repeated evaluation at least every six years.
47. each year, the school or College shall prepare a self-evaluation report for each accredited program. Self-evaluation reports approved by the Senate of the University or College Council. Approved self-assessment reports graduate school or College shall submit to the Ministry of education and science at the Ministry of education and Science together with the request or application for accreditation.
48. If the course has been accredited for six years and there are no major changes, the application for the accreditation of graduate school again added during that period, prepare a self-evaluation report indicates that the rest of the receivable for the necessary information.
49. the State Inspectorate of education by the accreditation of the Commission shall submit a report on the programmes evaluated compliance with the legislative requirements.
50. the Commission approved the accreditation of one of the experts who examine the documents submitted and the University education the State inspection report and draw up a written report to the Accreditation Commission.
51. After consultation of the expert's report, the Accreditation Commission has taken a decision on the accreditation of the study programme for six years, or a decision on the establishment of the Commission of the evaluation study programme for detailed evaluation. In this case, the subsequent accreditation process complies with this provision of the procedures laid down in chapter V.
VII. Financing 52. Accreditation of accreditation requires a university or college and course evaluation is a paid service.
53. High school or college and course accreditation and evaluation of cost calculation methodology and pricing services approved by the Minister of education and science.
54. The assessment of the necessary expenditure drawn up on the basis of the approved methodology and service pricing, and coordinate with the respective University or college.
55. before the beginning of work of the Commission for the evaluation of the school or College shall submit to the Ministry of education and science in the document certifying the expense associated with the assessment.
56. National University established the costs of accreditation of the University budget.
VIII. final question 57. lost in the void of the Cabinet of Ministers of 28 November 1995 rules No. 370 "University accreditation rules" (Latvian journal, 1995, nr. 191; 1996, 116 no).
Prime Minister a. BUCHANAN, Minister of education and science in place of Welfare Minister a. Požarnov Editorial Note: rules shall enter into force on the 20 October 2001.
1. the annex to Cabinet of 16 October 2001, Regulation No 442 of the University or college accreditation documents to be added to the list of high school or college credentials are to be added to the application the following documents: 1. a copy of the registration certificate of the authority.
2. the founding document copies or copies of: 2.1. Statute of the legal person;
2.2. Business registration certificate issued by the registry;
2.3. the Cabinet of Ministers Act on national education authorities.
3. the State revenue service issued a statement on the education authorities entering the taxpayer's accounting and complete settlement with the State budget.
4. Educational institutions or a copy of the Constitutional Charter, or copy.
5. Educational institution representative quantitative indicators: 5.1 the study programmes and student number;
5.2. Bachelor's degree or professional qualifications acquired in the course of the number 1 imatrikulēt;
5.3. number of eksmatrikulēt student over the years;
5.4. intensity — in the doctoral thesis imatrikulēt, doctoral degree got in the reporting period;
5.5. academic staff Description: 5.5.1. total number;
5.5.2. the number of persons who have a doctorate or postdoctoral lecturing qualification;
5.5.3. the number of persons who have a master's degree;
5.6. student per academic staff representative;
5.7. study funding (Government funding and student financing);
5.8. the infrastructure support (study facilities and knowledge base);
5.9. international cooperation (with other education authorities concluded contracts, the mutual exchange of academic staff, international student exchange).
6. Educational action plan: 6.1. long-term development concept, which includes details of planned educational change, development opportunities, funding, reasons and sources, as well as internal and external factors impact analysis (to be provided well organized planning and self-evaluation system);
6.2. the study programme accreditation plan;
6.3. the educational infrastructure development plan;
6.4. the educational prospects of graduates in the labour market.
7. Documents certifying that the education authorities are complied with in the administration of the Education Act, the School Act, the vocational education Act and other legislative or regulatory requirements: 7.1. documents for the management structure and the study of the quality of internal control, student imatrikulācij criteria;
7.2. internal rules;
7.3. academic staff list scientific degrees and academic degrees;
7.4. documents showing that at least 50 percent of academic staff working in education and that the main at least 30 percent of the University's academic staff have doctoral or postdoctoral Ph.d. degree;
7.5. the scientific academic staff biographies (including the most important recent scientific publications list);
7.6. each annual activity reports.
8. details of educational and informative study: 8.1 news on higher education marketing requirements of appropriate teaching and scientific literature, the laboratories, the necessary equipment, as well as logistical support;
8.2. details of security with a qualified service personnel;
8.3. details of information systems and the possibility of the exchange of information on national and international information networks;
8.4. details of study, leisure and housing and tuition fee system, as well as information on educational institutions provide financial support for the student.
9. the documents that govern student and educational institutions.
10. the documents that define the student organization status.
11. The Aliens study opportunities and conditions.
12. details of educational budget.
The Minister of education and science in place of Welfare Minister a. Požarnov in annex 2 of the Cabinet of Ministers of 16 October 2001, Regulation No 442 of study programmes accreditation documents to be added to the list of courses to be added to the application for accreditation of the following documents: 1. the staff of the educational institution management and decision-making body of collegiate decision on the implementation of the programme of study.
2. License courses, if required by law.
3. Documents certifying that the applicant in the case of liquidation of the respective study programme provides the student the opportunity to continue education in other courses or other educational institution (financial justification or a contract with other accredited educational institution).
4. Study programmes and includes a course, practice sessions, workshop URu.tml. Description, specifying individual courses compulsory, mandatory check and free choice as well as their volumes.
5. Advertising and newsletters on study opportunities.
6. Programme evaluation from the perspective of the Latvian State's perspective. Evaluation criteria: 6.1. relevance of the academic program of study education standard or standards of the profession and the professional standard of higher education;
6.2. the employers ' survey results.
7. the assessment of the study programme: 7.1. study programme goals and objectives;
7.2. the study programme organisation (as changed in the study programme structure in the self-evaluation period), in compliance with the plan of the Department goals and objectives;
7.3. the practical realization of the program of study (study of the methods used and the forms, academic staff research activities and their impact on student work, student involvement in research projects);
7.4. evaluation system (valuation methods selection and analysis of results);
7.5. learners: 7.5.1. student number;
7.5.2. the number 1 course imatrikulēt;
7.5.3. the number of graduates;
7.5.4. student surveys and analysis;
7.5.5. the Alumni survey and analysis;
7.5.6. student participation in the development process of study;
7.6. the programme employs academic staff: 7.6.1. academic staff number, indicating the number of academic positions and the number of persons who have a science PhD, postdoctoral lecturing qualification or degree;
7.6.2. academic staff qualifications in compliance with the Department's goals and objectives for the implementation of the (academic staff scientific biographies, project management, research directions and results);
7.6.3. the academic recruitment, renewal, training and development policy;
7.7. source of funds and infrastructure security;
7.8. external relations: 7.8.1. relation with employers;
7.8.2. cooperation with similar programmes in Latvia and abroad;
7.8.3. academic staff who worked in foreign educational institutions or have made scientific or research abroad;
7.8.4. number of foreign guest speakers program;
7.8.5. learners who studied abroad student exchange programmes;
7.8.6. number of foreign student program, specifying the duration of study.
8. the programme development plan.
The Minister of education and science in place of Welfare Minister a. Požarnov in