The Republic of Latvia Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 541 in 2001 Riga, December 27 (Mon. No. 62, § 7) amendments to the Cabinet of Ministers on 19 December 2000, in Regulation No 448 ' wheel of the vehicle and its components conformity assessment rules ' Issued in accordance with the law "on conformity assessment" article 7 to make a Cabinet of 19 December 2000, in Regulation No 448 ' wheel of the vehicle and its components conformity assessment rules "(Latvian journal, 2000, 466./469.nr.) the following amendments: 1. Make the paragraph 2 by the following:" 2. the provisions do not apply to : 2.1. snow motorcycles and their components;
2.2. sports mopeds, motorcycles, motor tricycles and quadricycles, having carried out the appropriate homologated international Motorcyclists Federation requirements and which have been or will be registered in the Latvian Federation of licensed Motorsports athletes or members of the Latvian Federation of motor sport (e.g. sport club), as well as the components of the vehicle;
2.3 lightweight sports cars that have homologated according to the International Federation of automotive requirements and who are registered on the Latvian Automobile Federation of licensed athletes or members of the Latvian Automobile Federation (such as sports club), as well as the automotive components;
2.4. vehicles, which is associated with the basic participation in road traffic, and the vehicle components;
2.5. for vehicles that have a permanent registration in Latvia until the date of entry into force of the provisions;
2.6. vehicles imported in Latvia until 30 September 1999;
2.7. vehicles which are previous permanent registration was abroad and made up to 31 December 2000;
2.8. the vehicles temporarily imported from foreign countries;
2.9. vehicle components other than those mentioned in annex 1 of these rules;
2.10. the components of the vehicle, which was introduced in Latvia until 2001 December 31;
2.11. the used vehicle component parts. "
2. Add to paragraph 13 with the following sentence: "this provision shall not apply to type approvals granted by the Office at the time."
3. Chapter III be expressed by the following: "(iii) the type approval and registration procedures in General 19. type approval administrative recognition of conformity assessment procedures carried out by the inspection, to certify that the other public certificate authorities granted type-approval (issued the type-approval certificate and its accompanying documents) meeting the requirements of this regulation. Vehicles for which type approval has been recognised, or its ingredients, can offer the Latvian market without additional conformity assessment procedures.
20. in Latvia are recognized: 20.1. European Union countries assigned a moped, motorcycle, motor tricycle, quadricycle and type approval of passenger cars, where a type-approval certificate issued in accordance with the procedure laid down in the European Union;
20.2. Member States granted component type-approval of vehicles, if the type approval certificate issued in accordance with the relevant technical requirements of the regulations.
21. the countries of the European Union issued a moped, motorcycle, motor tricycle, quadricycle and car type approval certificate shall be registered in the following order: 21.1. vehicle manufacturer, importer or distributor shall submit the application to the inspection type approval certificate for registration. The application shall be accompanied by the following documents: 21.1.1. type approval certificate or a copy of it;
21.1.2. a technical description of the vehicle type;
21.1.3. vehicle type image or photograph;
21.1.4. test lab reports or other documents that relate to the type of vehicle (at the manufacturer, importer or distributor);
21.1.5. the conformity certificate by which the manufacturer, importer or distributor shall certify any particular vehicle to conform to the approved type;
21.2. the inspection within 10 working days of the appearance of the documents submitted and shall decide on the type-approval certificate, registration or refusal to register a type approval certificate;
21.3. If not submitted all the required documents, the decision concerning the type-approval certificate, registration or refusal to register type approval certificate inspection takes 10 working days after the receipt of all required documents and review.
22. the component type-approval certificates shall not be registered.
23. the expenses for the vehicle type-approval certificate of registration shall be borne by the person who made the inspection this provision 21. documents listed. "
4. To supplement the provisions of this chapter III1: "III. individual Vehicle approval 1 23.1 individual vehicle approval is administrative technical conformity assessment procedure performed by the certification authority to assess the conformity of the vehicle in question on the relevant technical requirements of the regulations.
23.2 the vehicle can perform individual approval in a single copy in or imported from abroad in Latvia made vehicle, if the vehicle does not comply with the approved vehicle type or a type of vehicle whose type-approval certificate is registered in the inspection.
23.3 the vehicle owner or his authorized person shall submit an application in the individual vehicle inspection for approval. The application shall be accompanied by: 1. vehicle technical 23.3 description;
14.5 2. picture or photo of the vehicle;
23.3 3. vehicle test protocol;
23.3 4. test lab reports or other documents that relate to the type of vehicle (at the request of the Inspectorate or the manufacturer, importer or distributor).
23.4 within 10 working days of Inspection granted individual approval and issue the individual approval certificate vehicle, if the vehicle meets the technical description and submitted the relevant technical requirements of the regulations. "
5. Supplement with 25.5. and 25.6. subparagraph by the following: "25.5. sports mopeds, motorcycles, motor tricycles and quadricycles, as well as light sport cars, having not been homologated according to the International Federation of motorcyclists or International Federation of automotive requirements, but which comply with the provisions of the relevant sports organisations, if basic is associated with participation in sports competitions and if they are or will be registered in the Latvian Federation or Latvian Motorsport Motorsports Federation of licensed athletes name , as well as the components of the vehicle;
15.9. motorcycles, tricycles, quadricycles and light-duty vehicles that are assembled in Latvia, using the izgatavotājrūpnīc Assembly Kit. "
6. Express points 29 and 30 by the following: "29. Vehicle component manufacturer for each vehicle component conformity in a Member State the approved vehicle component type is certified by the mark, which consists of a type-approval mark (annex 2), which consists of a type approval symbol and country code, and additional signs according to the technical requirements of the regulations. Components, if not be separate technical regulations under which have been granted component type approval, it is not required.
30. vehicle component manufacturer, importer or distributor shall keep the vehicle component type approval documentation and ensure its availability to market surveillance authorities the employees at their request. "
7. To make 36, 37, 38 and 39 of the following paragraph: "36. Latvia allowed on the market (sell, bestow, put to use against or without payment) or permanently register a vehicle if it is accompanied by a valid certificate of conformity which certifies that the vehicle meets Latvia approved vehicle type, or vehicle type-approval certificate is registered, as well as inspections if it is granted individual approval on the inspection certificate.
37. in Latvia authorised to offer the market the vehicle component or if the entry meets the relevant components of the State approved vehicle component type and is labelled according to the provision in paragraph 29.
38. If the Center finds that vehicles on the market, accompanied by a certificate of conformity or components do not conform to the approved or recognized by the vehicle or component type, the Center shall inform the inspection. The offering of those vehicles on the market, registration or operation, as well as vehicle components covered by the market or operating in Latvia can be restricted to the prevention of non-compliance. Inspection of 30 working days, inform the non-compliance of vehicles or their components, the manufacturer, the importer or dealer.
39. If the Center finds that vehicles on the market, accompanied by a certificate of conformity or their components may pose a serious risk to road safety, the Center shall inform the inspection. The offering of those vehicles on the market, registration or operation, as well as vehicle components covered market or operation is prohibited in Latvia. Inspection of 30 working days, inform about non-compliance with the certification authority which has granted type approval. "
8. Delete paragraph 41, the words "or of the type-approval certificate, a certificate of registration".
9. Replace the 46 the word "recognition" with the words "registration certificate of approval".
10. Put 48 as follows: "48. Until 2002 December 31 for the conformity assessment of the vehicle may apply to technical regulations, which require the harmful emissions of the engine to comply with the provisions referred to in paragraph 7 of the regulations annexed to the agreement established the" Euro-2 "rules."
11. Delete paragraph 49.
12. To supplement the provisions of the following paragraph 51: "51. provisions concerning Latvia made vehicle components shall enter into force by 1 January 2003."
13. make amendments in the annex and to replace the word "Annex" to the name and the number "2.".
14. To supplement the provisions of the annex by the following: "1. the annex to Cabinet of 19 December 2000, in Regulation No 448 compulsory conformity assessment subject to vehicle components 1. Internal combustion engines (positive-ignition and compression-ignition).
2. Special equipment for the liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) and compressed natural gas (LNG) power systems.
3. Exhaust gas noise damping device.
4. Waste gas by catalytic neutralizer.
5. the seats, their anchorages and head restraints.
6. The front, rear and side structures.
7. Audible warning.
8. Rear-view mirrors.
9. Brake Shoe linings, pads and.
10. An immobilizer and alarm devices.
11. safety belts and their systems.
12. Child restraints.
13. Tires, tires with a tread and the renewed temporary-use wheels.
14. The mechanical coupling device and the short coupling.
15. glass and materials.
16. The lighting and light-signalling devices: 16.1. headlamps;
16.2. a pressurised headlamps;
16.3. headlamps with halogēnaj incandescent lamp;
16.4. the sealed halogen headlamps;
16.5. gas-discharge headlamps;
16.6. fog lamps (front and rear);
10.4. the marker lamps and end-outline marker lamps;
16.8. brake lamps;
16.9. daytime running lamps;
16.10. direction indicator lamps (emergency signalling lamps);
16.11 rear registration plate illumination lamps;
16.12. reversing lamp;
16.13. parking lamps;
16.14. the filament lamp;
16.15. gas-discharge light sources (lamps);
17. The wiper and washer.
18. the headlamp wiper and washer.
19. Spray-suppression device (wheel guards).
20. Speed limiters.
21. The bus interior materials.
22. the helmets motorcycle and moped drivers and passengers.
23. emergency sign (triangle).
24. Reflecting recognition signs and reflective materials.
25. The tachograph.
26. Flashing lights. "
Prime Minister a. Smith Transport Ministers in place cultural Minister k. Peterson is the Editorial Note: regulations shall enter into force by December 29, 2001.