Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 352 in Riga august 6, 2002 (pr. No 33 § 6) important national security national security measures an object implementing provisions Issued under the national security law, article 10, first paragraph, point 3 rule 1 defines national security an important national security measures an object programming, preparation and implementation modalities.
2. National Security vital national objects are as follows: 2.1 the national vital objects whose destruction or reduction of significant risk management and protection of the State, as well as the safety of the public;
2.2. National vital objects, which the disposal or reduction function makes it difficult to manage the State and undermine public security and national defence.
3. The Cabinet of Ministers created an Interinstitutional Commission national security (hereinafter the Commission) to review and improve national security an important national item review and safeguards system. The creation of the Commission is one of the security measures. The Commission shall act in accordance with these rules.
4. the Commission shall have the following functions: 4.1 once a year to evaluate, classify and clarify important national security state and each object that the object of protection (protection);
4.2. to inform the authorities about the existing national security within the territory of the State;
4.3. to inform about the changes in the national security an important national facilities officials are responsible for the security of this object (referred to as officer);
4.4. to approve officers;
4.5. to accept national security an important state object protection (protection) plans, peace action in emergency situations, exceptional conditions, and during the war;
4.6. to lay down the criteria for the inclusion of items relevant to the national security of the country as a whole object.
5. the Commission shall have the following rights: 5.1. to request and receive, free of charge for the work of the Commission necessary information from State and local authorities, as well as legal persons for national security and important objects of the country;
5.2. If necessary, invite to the meetings of the Commission, the relevant professionals;
5.3. check for vital national security state object protection plans and the implementation of peace, action in emergency situations, exceptional conditions or during the war;
5.4. to require from the officers of the national security information vital to national defence organization of objects in a time of peace, except in emergency conditions or during the war;
5.5. to prepare proposals for the necessary amendments to the legislation related to national security and important objects of the country, and in submitting it to the Cabinet for consideration.
6. the Commission shall consist of the following authorized officials of institutions: 6.1. Ministry of defence;
6.2. the Ministry of Foreign Affairs;
6.3. The Ministry of the economy;
6.4. the Ministry of Finance;
6.5. The Ministry of the Interior;
6.6. The Ministry of education and science;
6.7. the special task Minister for State reform Affairs Secretariat;
6.8. the Ministry of culture;
6.9. the Ministry of welfare;
6.10. The Ministry of transport;
6.11. The Ministry of Justice;
6.12. The protection of the environment and regional development Ministry;
6.13. The Ministry of agriculture;
6.14. The Bank of Latvia;
6.15. The General Prosecutor's Office;
6.16. the municipalities;
6.17. The constitutional protection Office;
6.18. national control;
6.19. The crisis control center.
7. personnel of the Commission approved by the Cabinet of Ministers. Members of the Commission are the second category of special permission for access to State secrets.
8. the President of the Commission is the authorized officer of the Ministry of defence.
9. the Vice-President of the Commission has notified the Ministry of the Interior official.
10. the President of the Commission or, in his absence, the Vice-Chairman of the Commission performs the following functions: 10.1. plans and directs the work of the Commission and meetings;
10.2. the Commission approved the agenda of the meeting;
10.3. convene regular meetings of the Commission;
10.4. the signature decisions of the Commission, minutes of meetings and other documents of the Commission.
11. The Chairman of the Commission or other Commission members (minimum of five) may propose to convene an extraordinary session of the Commission.
12. the Secretary of the Commission is a Department of Defense authorized person. The Secretary of the Commission performs the following functions: 12.1 the Commission meeting minutes;
12.2. preparing for consideration by the Commission at the hearing for the documentation;
12.3. presented in the Commission's documents.
13. the Commission's sitting held not less than four times per year.
14. the Commission shall be valid if the meeting more than half of the members of the Commission. The Commission shall take its decisions by an absolute majority of the total number of members of the Commission. In cases of disputes are casting the voice of the President of the Commission or, in his absence, the Vice-President of the Commission.
15. the session of the Commission entered in the minutes in the agenda items, the Commission decisions indicate the persons who participated in the meeting, as well as individual members of the Commission opinions on the matter. The minutes shall be signed by the Chairman of the Commission and the Secretary of the Commission. Copies of the Protocol to all members of the Commission.
16. when the Commission discussed the matter at the hearing contains state secrets or business secrets, the Commission shall take the necessary measures in accordance with the law "on State secrets" and the freedom of information act to ensure the protection of State secrets and business secrecy.
17. the Commission's work and facilities providing institutional protection Ministry it dealt the national budget.
18. National Security an important state object owner or legal possessor puts on the object's security officer and defines its accountabilities and objectives.
19. the Executive may be a person who: 19.1 is a Latvian citizen;
19.2. is not called a criminally and not penalized for intentional criminal offences, except for rehabilitated persons;
19.3. no or not had the USSR, Latvian SSR or foreign State security service or non-employee, agent, or conspiratorial apartment resident holder;
19.4. no or not played with the laws of the Republic of Latvia, the Supreme Council decisions or rulings of the court banned organization member (member) after the banning of such organizations;
19.5. not registered with mental impairments and psihiskaj diseases diseased patients in the national register and state the patient and addictive substance users national registry;
12.2. in accordance with the national police or the national security authorities the information does not belong to the organised crime groups, illegal paramilitary armed formations or to a public body or public organization Association which launched the action (legal) prior to the registration or continued operation after being suspended or terminated by the Court ruling.
20. National Security an important state object owner or legal possessor of the candidacy of the officials responsible, under its authority and tasks approved by the Commission. Organized by the Ministry of defence responsible for the nomination of law atbilstībaspārbaud.
21. the Commission's proposals on national security an important national collections of objects, and each object of that protection (protection) of the Minister of defence in the procedure laid once a year, approval of the Cabinet of Ministers.
22. in accordance with the regulations stipulated tasks in times of peace is possible in the following national level important and overriding object protection type: 22.1. persistent protection (protection), which ensures the national armed forces;
22.2. permanent protection (protection), which supports the Ministry of the Interior, and under the supervision of existing institutions;
22.3. permanent protection (protection), which ensures the security company or national level important and overriding state object in the internal security service;
22.4. patrolling and increased surveillance, which provides under the Ministry of the Interior and the monitoring authorities.
23. On the national level important and overriding object safety officer develops protection (protection): 23.1. action plan for peace, if unlawful acts or force majeure, in particular the destruction of the object or function reduction option, which makes it difficult for the administration of the country and jeopardize public security and national defence;
23.2. action in the event of threats to the country (except martial law);
23.3. action in the war.
24. the plan of action for peace and the national risk behaviour (except martial law) in line with the Ministry of the Interior, and under the supervision of the Chief of the existing institutions and/or national armed forces Commander of the unit, taking into account the respective object placement, the nature and the type of protection, and the plan for action during the war line with national armed forces Commander and under the Ministry of the Interior and the authorities in the supervision of the Chief who is responsible for the implementation of the measures provided for in the plan.
25. The rules referred to in paragraph 23 of the plan accepts the Commission.
26. in the case of national exposure, except for martial law: 26.1. at national level, important and vital national objects located under the Ministry of the Interior and under the supervision of existing institutions or national armed forces subunits in a constant protection (protection);
26.2. The Ministry of the Interior, and under the supervision of existing institutions or national armed forces units taking over 24 hours in his defense of the national security state with important objects in a security company or the object's internal security service in the permanent protection.
27. In time of war the national relevant and particularly important objects in the national armed forces and the Ministry of the Interior, and under the supervision of the protection of existing institutions.
28. The Commission by September 1, 2002 to develop and submit to the Minister for defence in the Cabinet of Ministers for approval national security vital national objects.
29. The Commission until 2002 October 1 approved as a national security matter the State object security officers.
30. Officers: 30.1.-2002 November 1, submit to the Commission information on the important national security state object protection mode, and once a year, to inform the Commission of the protection situation;
30.2. to 2002 1 December to develop a national security matter in the national action plan on the protection of the objects of threats.
31. The Commission until 2002 December 31 to accept the national security importance of protection of objects of State plans for action in the event of threats to the country.
Prime Minister a. Smith in place of the Minister of defence, Minister of education and science K. Greiškaln Editorial Note: regulations shall enter into force by august 16, 2002 the