Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 526 in Riga on 9 December 2002 (pr. No 55, § 8), job safety requirements for the use of work equipment and working heights according to the issued laws article 25 and 17 i. General questions 1. labour protection requirements for the use of work equipment and working at height, to avoid any risk to workers ' safety and health, as well as the obligations of the employer in the implementation of these requirements.
2. the rules apply to any operation on work equipment — run (starting), stopping by the use, transfer, alteration, repair, maintenance (maintenance), room service, cleaning, (hereinafter referred to as use), except for specific transactions with the equipment of the armed forces, police, fire and rescue services, as well as in other similar areas, if specific action is contrary to the nature of the work of the General principles of protection.
3. For compliance with these rules is the responsibility of the employer.
4. Compliance with these rules is controlled by the State Labour Inspectorate.
II. Requirements for work equipment 5. Work equipment control devices which affect safety in its use is clearly visible, marked accordingly, and their meaning is easily understood.
6. Work equipment control devices deployed as outside the danger zone (zone of work equipment, or around it, which is a risk to the safety or health of employees) that their use does not create additional hazards. Accidental operation with the control device must not cause any risks.
7. Employees who use work equipment (hereinafter operator), ensure that the area is dangerous.
8. If this rule 7 requirements cannot be met, the equipment requires a security system with sound and/or light signals that automatically flags it to run (start) to employees who wholly or partially in a danger zone, time to avoid the risk that occurs when you turn on or off the equipment.
9. work equipment control system is safe. They choose, evaluating failures and accidents, the likelihood of interference under the proposed conditions of use.
10. Work equipment (actuate) can be run only by deliberate action, using for this purpose the control device.
11. This provision 10. the requirements referred to in paragraph 1 shall also apply to work equipment restart (starting) after the withdrawal or the operation mode (e.g. speed, pressure). Run again (starting) and change the mode of operation must not present a risk to workers. These requirements do not apply to equipment operating in automatic mode.
12. Work equipment needs secure arresting device to complete stopping of the work equipment and work equipment, depending on the hazard, even arresting dangerous device (such as rotating, moving) part of the stop.
13. Work equipment arresting device dominated compared to launch device. When the work equipment or its dangerous parts have stopped, the energy supply is stopped working equipment.
14. Depending on the equipment danger and normal stopping time to be fitted with an emergency stop device.
15. Work equipment which is dangerous to the falling object or, the projection shall be equipped with appropriate safety devices.
16. Work equipment which is a dangerous gas, vapour, liquid or dust extraction, be equipped with appropriate receiving device and/or absorption of the risk at source.
17. Work equipment and its parts harden with special clamps or other means if necessary to the safety and health of employees.
18. If work equipment is moving parts risk of employee safety and health requires special enclosure or protective devices that prevent workers from getting into a dangerous area and meet the following requirements: 18.1. its construction is stable so it will not be easy to remove or make ineffective;
18.2. they are resistant, and does not create additional hazards;
18.3. they are located at a sufficient distance from the danger zone;
18.4. they do not limit the visibility of the work area of the equipment;
18.5. they do not interfere with the work equipment repair and maintenance (maintenance). If possible, repair and maintenance (maintenance) time boundaries or protective devices do not remove.
19. the operating or maintenance of the equipment or in the area, the area around the installation according to the nature of the work.
20. If work equipment parts possible breakage or decomposition into pieces, creating a risk to the safety and health of employees, the equipment requires special protective devices (such as grid, sieve).
21. If work equipment or certain parts of it to heat up or cools to a temperature that presents a risk to the safety and health of employees, they isolated or confined.
22. Work equipment warning (alarm) structure is clearly visible and readable, their meaning is easily understood and unambiguous.
23. work equipment is appropriately labelled and marked with warning signs and warning signs. Warning signs and inscriptions on the equipment is sufficiently informative, easily readable and understandable.
24. Work equipment maintenance (maintenance) carried out when the equipment is switched off and disconnected from the power source. If the equipment cannot be turned off, maintenance (maintenance) carried out outside the danger zones, or subject to special protection measures.
25. data on machinery, apparatus and equipment maintenance document the employer's posted workers. If necessary, the maintenance data presented to the national labour inspectorate.
26. Work equipment may be used only under the conditions and for the intended operations.
27. Work equipment in need of easily visible and easily reachable power off the device. Isolation of equipment or disconnection from the power source, and reconnect to power source must not present a risk to workers ' safety and health.
28. Workers ensure safe access to the work equipment and safe stay in all manufacturing, Assembly and maintenance (maintenance).
29. Work equipment which is produced, or used or accumulated chemicals, chemical products and other inflammable and combustible products (materials), including industry, to ensure that work equipment or of substances or products concerned the risk of explosion.
30. work equipment is secured against overheating and fire, as well as equipped to protect employees against the risks of the working environment, gas, liquids, dust, vapours or other substances produced by them or it is used or stored,.
31. the workers do not have direct or indirect contact with those parts of work equipment which may present a risk of electrical nature.
32. work equipment shall be installed, located and used in such a way as to reduce to a minimum the risk of the operator and any other worker safety and health (for example, the equipment's moving parts and fixed or moving parts are at a sufficient distance), as well as provide energy and used or manufactured substance or product, including industry, security of supply and movements.
33. Work equipment assembled or dismantled under safe conditions, taking all the manufacturer's instructions.
34. Work equipment which can kick the lightning, especially against its effect protect ground or with other protective devices.
III. Additional requirements for mobile work equipment 35. This chapter applies to the mobile work equipment, including powered (hereinafter equipment) that may pose a risk to plant movement.
36. The machine on which the workers, be equipped to move it does not create a risk for workers encounter or be compressed with machine parts (such as wheels, track mechanisms).
37. the equipment shall be fitted or adjusted so that the coupling between the machine and its accessories and/or objects being dragged, not ieķīlēto (not blocked). If these requirements are not fully met, may take appropriate measures to prevent risks to the safety and health of employees.
38. Energopiedziņ mechanisms between the mobile equipment parts secured and protected from sand, dirt and mechanical damage.
39. The machine on which the workers, is designed to prevent its overturning, or shall be fitted with: 24.3. the security structure that does not allow the machine to rock more than one quarter;
24.4. the structure, to ensure sufficient free zone around workers, if the tilt is greater than one quarter;
24.4. other equivalent device.
40. If work equipment rollover risk cannot be fully eliminated, the equipment shall be fitted with a device which prevents the risk of the worker being crushed. This device can be an integral part of the machine.
41. If the machine in time stabilize or equipment designed to prevent its overturning, the device is necessary.
42. where possible the severity of the lifting equipment — for forklift-tip work process, equipment adjusted accordingly or shall be fitted with: 42.1. the driver's cab;
26.2. the structure, to prevent tilting of the machine;
26.3. the structure, which provides a platform for lurching slightly on the equipment existing employed a large enough distance between the ground and the equipment;
26.3. the protection that prevents the driver's seat of an existing compression employed in parts of the platform.
43. the use of powered equipment To avoid any risk to the safety and health of employees, comply with the following conditions: 43.1. equipment shall be fitted so as to prevent its unauthorized launch (start);
26.8. If while on Rails moves more of powered equipment, carry out safety measures to reduce the possible consequences of a collision;
43.3. the equipment shall be fitted with braking and stopping devices, if required, also with the emergency device with automatic system that stops the machine if damaged the main braking and stopping device;
43.4. If the driver's direct field of vision is not sufficient for safe work, be suitable accessories (mirrors, or other optical or electronic devices) to improve visibility;
43.5. If the equipment is used at night or in dark places, shall be provided with sufficient, appropriate to the characteristics of the light work;
27.1. where equipment or its load is moved, use the apparatus inflammable spot near the place the appropriate fire-fighting equipment. If it is not possible to ensure that the equipment supplied with fire-fighting appliances;
27.2. the remote equipment, leaving outside the control zone, stops automatically;
43.8. remote equipment be equipped to work to avoid the risk of shock or collision. This condition does not apply to remote equipment already fitted with appropriate protective devices to prevent the collision.
44. Self-propelled equipment allowed to drive only the trained workers.
45. the workers comply with the employer's safety rules developed powered equipment that move work area.
46. Workers may not be in an area where the use of powered equipment. If without their presence to carry out work is not possible, the need for appropriate measures of powered equipment should not represent a risk to the safety and health of employees.
47. To transport employees to power-operated equipment will be permitted only if the equipment is specially equipped. Machine speed regulation according to the work to be carried out.
48. Equipment with a combustion engine may be operated and used only where it can provide sufficient quantities of air or air to exhaust gases do not cause a risk to the safety and health of workers.
IV. Additional requirements for work equipment designed for lifting of gravity 49. This chapter applies to the work equipment designed for lifting of gravity (hereinafter lifting equipment).
50. If the lifting appliance is installed permanently, its strength and stability during use ensure, taking into account the size of the load and the load on the mounting structure or mounting points.
51. To the hoisting gear mechanisms clearly indicates the nominal capacity of the facility and, if required, a table with a load capacity of each machine configuration.
52. the lifting equipment accessories clearly indicates the characteristics of the safe use of the appliance.
53. If the lifting equipment is not designed for lifting, equipment is a clear indication of this ban.
54. The permanent installation of lifting equipment installed in such a way as to reduce the risk of the load: 54.1. drop on the workers or catching them;
54.2. creep dangerously or fall freely;
54.3. be inadvertently released.
55. People may bring only with the intended for that purpose lifting devices and their accessories. In exceptional cases they may be bringing also to equipment that is adapted to the lifting and not risk their safety and health.
56. If the lifting appliance intended for lifting and moving of active employment, it shall meet the following requirements: 56.1. the machine is equipped with a safety device that prevents the pacēlājgroz fall. If the height or the nature of the work, it cannot be required to provide special rope and belt to be checked every day to prevent falls from a height employed;
56.2. prevent the worker fall from pacēlājgroz;
56.3. resolved through compression, iesprostošan or jam, especially if possible inadvertent contact with objects;
56.4. ensure the employee exemption from pacēlājgroz, where the accident occurred.
57. If the lifting equipment is mobile or dismantled, ensure the stability of the equipment during use under all foreseeable working conditions, taking into account the specific characteristics of the base.
58. the travel employees with lifting equipment shall comply with the following requirements: 58.1. in all work operator is located at the control console;
58.2. workers who are brought in, is equipped with high-quality means of communication;
58.3. If a dangerous situation arises, employees are provided a safe means of escape.
59. the workers must not be under the machine and lift loads. Loads may not be moved above unprotected workplaces where workers usually present. If the nature of their work cannot be provided, the employer shall take appropriate security measures to prevent risks to the safety and health of employees.
60. lifting accessories selected taking into account the nature of the cargo moving, gripping, rigging, and weather, as well as the type and configuration of the movement.
61. If the lifting accessories mounting mechanism is not dismantled after use, this shall be clearly indicated on the accessories to the mechanism, which is also an indication of the characteristics.
62. lifting accessories stored in such a way as to prevent their deterioration.
63. To travel directly to the unrestrained cargo (cargo, which after lifting wind or other conditions can be started uncontrolled movements (such as rotate, swing), and these movements are not immediately stopping it), the following requirements shall be met: 39.2. If work installed two or more lifting equipment working radii overlap, eliminate the possibility of a collision between loads and/or the lifting equipment;
39.3. If the use of mobile lifting equipment, take appropriate measures to prevent the equipment from tilting, overturning, moving or slipping, and check whether these measures are properly carried out;
63.3. where the motion path is not sufficiently transparent, the operator shall, directly or with the assistance of the communications contact with specially designated employee (the employer's designated employee who has the necessary knowledge and skills for employment protection in the work place), who gives him instructions, and take appropriate measures to prevent the risk of collision and cargo workers ' safety and health;
63.4. gravity and detach by hand must not present a risk to the safety and health of workers, the same time as employee directly or indirectly control lifting equipment;
63.5. lifting operations plan and above provides for appropriate monitoring to prevent risks to the safety and health of employees;
63.6. when the severity of the road with two or more lifting equipment time operator for better coordination of work comply with the employer's developed this specific safety rules;
63.7. when lifting the machine does not provide cargo hold when completely or partially stops the power, take appropriate measures to prevent risks to the safety and health of employees;
63.8. equipment and lift the weight must not be left unattended, except when the danger zone is fenced off and the weight and kept secure;
39.7. lifting equipment for use outdoors if the weather deteriorates stopped and its use is no longer totally safe, as well as to ensure that lifting equipment had overturned and not cause a risk to workers ' safety and health.
V. requirements for working at a height 64. The employer shall ensure that workers who work at height (1.5 m and above), the work is carried out on a stable and safe surface, without risk to your and other safety and health, as well as respecting the requirements and principles of ergonomics.
65. If this provision in paragraph 64 above requirements, taking into account the specific nature of the work and the working environment conditions, it is impossible to meet, the employer shall ensure that work equipment that meets the following requirements: 65.1. This is the most safe working environment and maintenance;
65.2. the size and design is suitable for the type of work and the loads and allows you to safely move.
66. the employer chooses the most appropriate means to provide access for temporary jobs, depending on the height: 66.1. movement patterns;
66.2. working height and force height;
66.3. the duration of use of the work.
67. The selected access features provide employees a safe evacuation of serious and direct danger.
68. Move between access and working platforms decks or gangways do not increase the risk of falls.
69. Working height, the ladder for the job is only used when the risk of the safety and health of employees is reduced to a minimum and if the equipment is not used for a long period of time or work area has specific circumstances which the employer cannot modify (change).
70. access to work, using ropes and brackets, is only permitted if these risk assessment can be considered that such work did not pose a risk to the safety and health of workers, and provided there is no need to use of other, safer work equipment.
71. in the light of the results of the risk assessments, the duration of the work and the ergonomic constraints, jobs in height provided with the seat, which is equipped with the appropriate accessories.
72. Taking into account the type of work equipment selected, provide adequate employment protection measures to prevent or reduce to a minimum the risks to workers ' safety and health, which is related to the use of work equipment. If necessary, install a protective devices to prevent falls.
73. The rules referred to in paragraph 72 of the safety component is an appropriate design and of sufficient strength to prevent or stop a fall from height and ensure employees against injury.
74. Collective safeguards to prevent falls can be used not only in the places where you may access ladder or stairwell.
75. If the performance of a particular task requires a collective safeguard to be temporarily removed protective equipment to prevent falls, do other work protection measures to prevent falls. The specific work to be prohibited, if such measures are not provided. After that work is complete, total or partial collective protective equipment to prevent falls from the new set.
76. the height of the Work permitted to perform only if weather conditions do not pose a risk to the safety and health of employees.
77. Using a ladder, the following requirements shall be met: 77.1. staircase so positioned as to ensure their stability;
77.2. mobile stairs placed on a stable, durable, convenient size, rigid support so that the steps were horizontally;
77.3. padlocks ladder, except the rope ladders, secure that they couldn't move and avoid the stairs swinging;
77.4. mobile ladders provided from slipping by securing the stiles at or near the anti-slip device or by any other means which provide equivalent results (effectiveness);
77.5. ladder used to access the platform, reaching far enough across to the edge of the working platform where there is no other safe opportunities to stick;
folding ladder and 77.6. sliding the individual steps of the stairs are still or fixed safely;
77.7. before climbing the stairs to move secured so that they do not moved;
77.8. workers allows at any moment to stick and support, especially if the stairs are moved by hand weights.
78. Use scaffolding, comply with the following requirements: 78.1. If not available the calculations for the scaffolding selected strength and stability, or if these calculations do not apply to the construction of scaffolding for the calculation of strength and stability of the scaffolding. Such calculations are not necessary if the scaffolding is assembled in conformity with a standard configuration (standard solution);
78.2. given the complexity of the scaffolding to be used by health professionals or other competent and adequately trained employees (responsible for the scaffolding) draw up the scaffolding Assembly, dismantling and use plan. This plan may be in the form of a standard plan, supplemented by the specific points about specific details of the scaffolding;
78.3. scaffolding parts secured against slipping, adding to the load-bearing surface of the special mounting of an anti-slip device or any other means which give equivalent results (effectiveness);
78.4. scaffolding surface exposed to the load, is durable and ensure stability of the scaffolding;
78.5. load scaffolding in the surface is strong enough;
78.6. scaffold on wheels be fitted with suitable devices to prevent accidental moving;
78.7. scaffolding floor size, shape and design of the applied nature of the work to be performed and suitable for the loads, providing opportunities for employees to work safely and move;
78.8. to prevent falls, the scaffolding installed vertical rail. Scaffolding stands to make up to them during the use of the scaffolding elements should still and it would not be opened;
78.9. If part of the scaffolding is not used (for example, during the Assembly, dismantling or alteration), scaffolding stands (marked) with the safety signs in accordance with the laws and requirements for safety signs in workplaces and use in delimit, to prevent access to danger zones;
78.10. scaffolding assembled, dismantled or significantly transformed just for scaffolding specialist responsible for supervision, and do it only to workers who are trained in accordance with the provisions of paragraph 90;
78.11. specialist responsible for the scaffolding and scaffolding workers performing Assembly, dismantling or alteration, is available for this rule 78.2. referred to Assembly, dismantling and the use of the plan, including any instructions contained in it.
79. Access to work, using ropes and brackets, comply with the following conditions: 79.1. the system shall comprise at least two separately anchored ropes, one of them is used for access, descent and support (work rope) and the other on security (security rope);
79.2. employees provided with the appropriate safety belts that are connected to the safety rope. Workers use a safety belt while working at height;
79.3. rope fitted with safe lifting and lowering products, as well as with the self-control system preventing the worker from falling. To prevent falls, the safety rope equipped with a mobile system that follows the movement of workers;
49.3. instruments and other business accessories that employees use, doing work, with appropriate means shall be secured to the worker's belt or seat, the place of work or in another suitable place;
49.4. the work to be planned and monitored to an emergency or other emergency workers would be able to immediately save;
79.6. employees trained in accordance with the provisions of section 90.2.;
79.7. If, in the light of the risk assessment, the use of the other rope cause even greater risks to the safety and health of employees, is permitted only one rope. In such cases shall take appropriate measures for the protection, which prevents the risk of falls.
Vi. duties of the 80 employer. Employer follow the equipment manufacturer's instructions and the attached technical documentation to ensure the safety and health of employees of safe use of work equipment.
81. the employer: 81.1. ensure the compliance of equipment with the work process and its correct use, in order to prevent a risk to workers ' safety and health. If it is not possible to completely eliminate the risk, the employer shall take the measures necessary to reduce the risk to a minimum;
81.2. working equipment, taking into account the working conditions and in each work place, as well as the risks to the safety and health of employees;
81.3. buy only the legislative requirements of appropriate work equipment;
81.4. ensure the compliance of equipment with the requirements of this regulation and the relevant maintenance (maintenance) throughout its lifetime;
81.5. provide equipment inspection after installation and before as well as after Assembly or in another location, where the safety of work equipment determines the installation conditions;
81.6. provides the following tests work equipment exposed to conditions that can cause it to tear, creating a risk to the safety and health of employees: 81.6.1. periodic inspection and, if necessary, the testing;
81.6.2. special checks, if encountered emergency situations (e.g. accidents, accidents, adverse weather conditions), as well as if the equipment is not used for long periods or modified;
81.7. working with equipment that may pose increased risks to the safety and health of workers (for example, dangerous machinery), appoint only specially trained employees;
81.8. If work equipment is used outside the company, ensure with proof (document, label, stamp) on the last security check.
82. This provision and 81.5 81.6. verification shall be referred to the employer's posted about the equipment responsible, or if it is determined by the laws or if the employer cannot provide inspection, the competent authority for the inspection.
83. the inspection reports are employer and authority of inspection (if the inspection body made the check). Inspection reports of work equipment owner and employer, as well as inspection body for 10 years, then handed it to the archives.
84. the employer creates and updates its list of equipment, which can result in increased risk to the safety and health of workers (for example, dangerous machinery). This list indicates: 84.1. the place where the company is located in the equipment;
52.3. first and last name of the employee who is responsible for the safe use of work equipment and maintenance;
84.3. the date of the last technical inspection, the inspection type (for example, full, partial, emergency) and character (for example, static, dynamic, external);
84.4. the date will be in the next technical inspection, and inspection of the relevant form (for example, full, partial).
85. in order to ensure the conformity of the equipment working protection requirements, the employer shall take into account the nature of the workplace, employment placement, body position and ergonomic principles for the use of work equipment.
86. the employer shall provide employees with the necessary information to understand and written instructions on the work equipment.
87. the information and the written instructions on the work equipment includes labour protection requirements, the use of work equipment regulations, possible emergency and emergency situations and action in such situations by following the manufacturer's instructions and technical documentation as well as experience in the use of work equipment.
88. the employees informed of the work or its nearby work equipment and any changes in it (even if they are not in use), as well as explaining the dangers of the work equipment.
89. the employer law duly provides employment training and instruction in matters related to the use of work equipment (including information on any risk associated with the use of work equipment).
90. The employer shall ensure that: this rule 188.8.131.52. employees referred to in addition to this provision in paragraph 88 that the briefing and training training on the following: 90.1.1 the related Assembly, dismantling of the scaffolding and scaffolding transformation plan;
90.1.2. security during the Assembly, dismantling or alteration of the scaffolding concerned;
90.1.3. measures to prevent people or objects falling;
90.1.4. job protection measures, if weather conditions may adversely affect the safety of the scaffolding concerned;
90.1.5. the permissible load of the scaffolding;
90.1.6. other risk factors related to the scaffolding Assembly, dismantling or alteration;
90.2. the provision referred to 79.6. employees in addition to the provisions referred to in paragraph 88 of the briefing and training training on matters relating to rope, anchorage and other AIDS, working at height, as well as instructing on rescue techniques;
90.3. This provision 81.7. referred employees trained in issues related to their work and the work process to use the equipment.
91. the employer provides employees and their representatives in the consultation and participation of labour protection in all relevant matters, in particular as regards work equipment.
VII. Closing questions 92. Work equipment, the use of which started up this date of entry into force of the provisions, which according to the requirements of this regulation until 1 July 2004.
93. The provisions of chapter V and 90.1 and 90.2. subparagraph shall enter into force by 1 July 2004.
Prime Minister e. Repše Welfare Minister d. Staķ is the Editorial Note: the entry into force of the provisions by 13 December 2002.