Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 232 in 2003 Riga April 29 (pr. No 23, § 51) organic agricultural products circulation of the persons involved in the registration procedure and the organic agricultural movement national monitoring and control procedures have been issued in accordance with the law of the first paragraph of article 13.1 (2) and the second paragraph of article 13.1 1. determines the organic movements of persons involved in the registration procedure and the organic agricultural movement national monitoring and control procedures.
2. food and veterinary service (hereinafter service): 2.1 register of organic farming products business;
2.2. establish and maintain organic agricultural products circulation of the persons involved.
3. Authorized accredited certification body (certification authority) within ten working days following the organic farming compliance certificate (hereinafter certificate) issued to the person submitting the copy of the certificate of service or a copy of the certificate of organic product business enterprise (company) (hereinafter referred to as the company) operation.
4. Certification Authority within ten working days, inform the staff about: 4.1 new organic products industry certification;
4.2. the new organic agricultural products area of certification;
4.3. the person's name, last name, name, address or change of registration in the register of companies;
4.4. organic farming movement involved winding;
4.5. cancellation of the certificate.
5. If the certification authority has been revoked by the certificate service to the person concerned shall be deleted from the organic agricultural movement of persons involved in the registry.
6. Organic agricultural movement involved: 6.1 supports service Inspector access to the production facilities, warehouses and land records, as well as provide the requested additional information on organic products;
6.2. ensure that, through records, it is possible to be traced back to all organic product chain;
6.3. list the shop supplies, plant protection and soil improvers, seeds and seedlings, and other substances or products used in organic production of agricultural products;
6.4. stop organic product distribution and removed it from the market if it does not adhere to the circulation of organic product labeling requirements.
7. certification body: 7.1 provides service to have access to documents and information on organic farming and certification;
7.2. submit service: 7.2.1. each month to the fifth day — an overview of the previous month and withdrawn certificates issued and inquiries about the company's operation according to the requirements of organic farming, as well as a report on the company's compliance with legal requirements;
7.2.2. until January 31 — review of year earlier certified businesses and company issued certificates of operation according to the requirements of organic farming, as well as the report on the production of organic products.
8. Service: 8.1. monitor and control of organic products and those products associated with the recognition process;
8.2. shall inform the Ministry of agriculture for organic product certification identified irregularities;
8.3. shall monitor and control the movement of products from organic farming compliance with legislative or regulatory requirements: 8.3.1. reviewed no less than ten percent certified organic company;
8.3.2. sample and verify any information in its possession about the unauthorized use of the organic production of agricultural products.
9. If the service finds organic product of non-compliance with legislation requirements and consumer deception, it warns the organic product circulation and to those involved in establishing the circumstances prohibit the distribution of organic products.
10. Service monitors and controls of organic products into the country and out of it.
11. to the country imported organic products, it is necessary to the competent authorities of the exporting country and authorities issued a validated certificate (original).
12. the State is allowed to import and market organic products from countries or parts thereof, as well as for the companies that provide the laws and regulations of the Republic of Latvia in accordance with the requirements laid down in the organic production of agricultural products.
13. In Latvia, organic products may be imported (receive) a person registered in the organic farming movement and the people involved indicated the organic product type and quantity.
14. provisions lapse with special cabinet rules.
Prime Minister E. Morgan — Minister of Agriculture Minister for the environment r. vējonis Editorial Note: regulations shall enter into force by May 7, 2003.