Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 497 in Riga 2003 (September 2. No 47, § 33) the rules on radiocommunications and telecommunications terminal equipment in the distribution, design, construction, installation and operation, as well as on the use restrictions and prohibitions Issued in accordance with the law "on telecommunications" article 6, paragraph 2, i. General questions 1. determines the order in which legal persons, public bodies (hereinafter referred to as legal persons) and natural persons distributed designed, constructed, installed and operated radiocommunications and telecommunications terminal equipment as well as the restrictions and prohibitions on use.
2. the provisions do not apply to radiocommunications and telecommunications terminal equipment by public law legal persons performing public administrative functions, apply only to national defence or national security. The Ministry of transport and the Ministry of defence may enter into reciprocal arrangements on the radiocommunications and telecommunications terminal equipment.
3. sea and air shipping, as well as amateur radiocommunications products subject to these regulations and other laws on marine and aircraft and amateur radio.
4. Radiocommunications features that are intended only for the individual, as well as for reception by any device or equipment that is not radiocommunications funds but which can cause electromagnetic emission and disturb radiocommunications features, permitted to distribute and use if they meet the specified permissible interference and electromagnetic compatibility requirements. Other requirements set out in these rules referred to radiocommunications products, devices and equipment.
II. Distribution allowed only 5. radiocommunications and telecommunications terminal equipment and operation, which, properly installed and operated, as well as used as intended, to meet the users and other persons to health and safety requirements electromagnetic compatibility requirements, and does not cause harmful interference, and that compliance with the essential requirements, certified in accordance with the laws and regulations on conformity assessment.
6. Radiocommunications and telecommunications terminal equipment manufacturer or person that radiocommunications and telecommunications terminal equipment offered on the market, provide information on their intended use and notify radiocommunications or telecommunications terminal equipment conformity with the essential requirements.
7. Consumer Protection Law Centre established limits the radiocommunications and telecommunications terminal equipment and the distribution-in cooperation with the Customs authorities – radiocommunications or telecommunication terminal equipment in the following cases: 7.1 radiocommunications equipment or telecommunications terminal equipment causes or may cause harmful radio interference which endangers the functioning of a radionavigation service or of other safety services or significantly aggravated, makes, or repeatedly interrupts a radiocommunications service;
7.2. radiocommunications equipment or telecommunications terminal equipment have been identified as hazardous to human life, health, property or environment of people;
7.3. in found radiocommunications or telecommunications terminal equipment non-compliance with the essential requirements.
III. Designing and building 8. Radiocommunications and telecommunications terminal equipment is used in the development and production of technical solutions that increase the efficiency of use of the radio spectrum, as well as comply with regulations on conformity assessment requirements.
9. requirements for radiocommunications civil design and construction features to certain cabinet 4 November 2002 Regulation No 496 of the "telecommunications network installation and construction rules", as well as the laws and regulations governing the construction industry.
10. radio network planning, the designer determines the minimum required means of radiated power of radiocommunications for the operation of telecommunications network, provides all of the projected and operational features of radiocommunications telecommunication network without harmful interference between, runs the Latvian State inspection of telecommunications (hereinafter Inspectorate) instructions to ensure electromagnetic compatibility radiocommunications products other telecommunications networks, and take into account: 10.1 radio network planning criteria specified in national radio frequency plan the relevant annex;
10.2. the laws and requirements for the health protection of the population against radiocommunications products radiated electromagnetic field exposure;
10.3. vegetation, building and area terrain, which may affect the radiocommunications products area (use the Latvian relief map or terrain model, where resolution is not less than 50 m, or the areas terrain and building map or model where resolution is not less than 10 m WGS-84 coordinate system).
11. in paragraph 10 of these regulations carried out by persons prescribed by the laws of the received professional certificate of compliance.
12. If the product installation and radiocommunications service requires inspection issued radio spectrum use authorization, radiocommunications products project phase the owner, possessor or user with an inspection of the construction funds or radiocommunications installation location, taking into account the electromagnetic compatibility. Radiocommunications in the owner, possessor or user submitted inspection information on radiocommunications products intended for the construction or installation of the site address with geographical coordinates WGS-84 coordinate system provided with the accuracy not less than 10 m, and the nearest area plan, as well as information on radiocommunications features aerial installation height above ground.
14. Radiocommunications features installed (installed and prepare for operation) and operated after the procedures laid down in the laws and the use of the radio spectrum. Radiocommunications features installed (installed and prepare for operation) and operated in accordance with the technical documentation of the equipment manufacturer's requirements laid down, the radio spectrum usage conditions specified in the authorisation and the requirements of the standards in Latvia.
15. Radiocommunications features that place the standing operation is in another State and conformity with the essential requirements in Latvia is not certified, authorized to install and temporary (up to six months) to operate, if the spectrum of inspection issued a temporary permit of use.
16. Radiocommunications means that compliance with the essential requirements in Latvia is not certified, authorized to install and play (without the right to distribute or use), fairs and exhibitions, if the spectrum of inspection issued a temporary permit of use.
17. Other countries registered for the marine and aircraft installed radiocommunications features allowed to operate in Latvia, if the country concerned issuing permits the use of the international communication to specific frequencies according to the International Telecommunication Union radionoteikum.
18. Radiocommunications features installed and operated so as to avoid harmful radio interference to radiocommunications other features which are installed and operated in accordance with these rules.
19. prior to the radiocommunications installation and operating of the product launch of the legal person designated as the person responsible for operating, ensuring the requirements of these regulations in respect of funds into radiocommunications.
20. the natural person who owned or in use is a means of providing radiocommunications the following provisions set out the requirements of the radiocommunications products into operation.
21. Radiocommunications features owner, possessor or user provide inspection officials the ability to feature technical characteristics radiocommunications verification for operation in the presence of the person responsible.
22. If you completely disconnect the radiocommunications products operation, which issued the authorization of use of the radio spectrum, the owner, possessor or user 30 days written notice to the Office of radiocommunications decommissioning funds.
23. If found in the radiocommunications products to malfunction, the person in charge of service checks whether each feature and radiocommunications component is in order and complies with the technical regulations. Radiocommunications in the owner, possessor or user of any damage or prevent non-compliance.
24. If after the provision referred to in paragraph 23 enforcement features of radiocommunications interference continues, the person in charge of service collects information that describes the potential for radio interference suppression, and submit the application for inspection of radio interference in action (annex).
25. the examination of the application for harmful interference in the operation of radiocommunication (hereinafter application) to those facts, the inspection whether harmful interference causes and according to their competence take the necessary steps to prevent it.
26. appropriate use of the radio spectrum licences with the parameters laid down in the rules of working funds between radiocommunications interference which comply with the International Telecommunication Union radionoteikum or recommendations, or laid in those radionoteikumo with a special arrangement established numerical disorders and spectrum sharing criteria (or intended to be observed) are not considered infringements of these provisions.
27. at the request of the Inspectorate of radio interference prevents the harmful features of radiocommunications owner, possessor or user, which feature creates a radiocommunications other radiocommunications features to malfunction.
28. If the Suppression of such radiocommunications action that does not comply with the laws and regulations on the use of radio spectrum, the cause of the disturbance in the area prevented or reduced the impact of the above features, owners of radiocommunications possessor or user instructions for an inspection.
29. the Inspections shall determine disorders of individual solutions, the interfering and disturbed in radiocommunications radiocommunications feature technical characteristics comply with the laws and regulations on the use of radio spectrum.
30. After this provision 21.25. checks referred to in the Ministry of transport or inspection shall be established by law or legislation the cases – the Protocol on administrative violation. The Act introduces the radiocommunications products owner or operation of radiocommunications products for the responsible person.
31. This provision, the institution referred to in paragraph 30 of the decision, adopted on the basis of the results of the inspection, it is mandatory for all radiocommunications products owners, possessors and users.
32. The International Telecommunication Union radionoteikumo in the cases, as well as radio broadcasts a fixed frequency bands which are lower than 28000 kHz, broadcasting, amateur radio, marine shipping, air and land mobile radio standard frequency and time signal broadcasts is recognition signals.
33. Recognition signals by transmitting automatically according to the International Telecommunication Union recommendations.
34. Recognition signals radiocommunications products inspection granted under the International Telecommunication Union radionoteikum.
35. The Ministry of defence and Ministry of Internal Affairs may provide recognition signals the radiocommunications products, where according to the International Telecommunication Union radionoteikum don't need national call sign.
V. restrictions on use and prohibition 36. inspection determines the radiocommunications products installation and operating restrictions, if it does not ensure efficient use of radio spectrum and electromagnetic compatibility with other radiocommunications or cause harmful radio interference to radiocommunications, such features, which comply with the laws and regulations on the use of radio spectrum.
37. it is prohibited to connect to a public telecommunications network telecommunications terminal equipment that is not certified or which are damaged. Public telecommunications network operators may not impose other technical restrictions on telecommunications terminal equipment for connection to telecommunications network.
38. Public telecommunications network terminal equipment connected to the use of other telecommunications services user jamming or activities that interfere with the operation of the telecommunications network and the telecommunications services to other subscribers, or is contrary to the laws and regulations in the field of telecommunications.
39. The legal and physical persons who violated these rules in certain telecommunications terminal equipment requirements, creating a loss for the telecommunications network operator or other person to pay the farmers for laws and regulations established or are called to liability law.
Prime Minister e. Repše traffic Minister r. tit Editorial Note: regulations shall enter into force by September 6, 2003.
Annex Cabinet September 2, 2003 regulations no 497 Latvian State inspection of telecommunications traffic Minister r. tit