Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/88058
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 364 in 2004 Riga 20 April (pr. No 23, 60) rules for traffic not transportable mechanism used in internal combustion engines of pollutant emissions in the air were issued in accordance with the law "on conformity assessment" 6, 7 and 8 and the law "on pollution" in article 11, second paragraph, point 5 i. General questions 1. establishes the essential requirements and the procedure for monitoring traffic does not move the mechanism used in internal combustion engines with regard to the emission of pollutant in the air , this engine type approval procedures and market surveillance.
2. the rules are applicable to new engines that are installed in the traffic does not use move mechanisms that comply with the following particular requirements: 2.1 they are intended and suited, to move, or to be moved on the ground, without the road;
2.2. they are supplied with a compression ignition engine net power is at least 18 kW but not more than 560 kW and that is running with a variable rather than a constant speed.
3. the machinery and equipment that meet these rules referred to in paragraph 2, the conditions include: 3.1. industrial drilling equipment and compressors;
3.2. construction equipment (including wheel loaders, bulldozers, crawler tractors, crawler loaders, lift trucks, off-road trucks, hydraulic excavators);
3.3. the agricultural equipment and rotary tillers;
3.4. forestry equipment;
3.5. self-propelled agricultural machinery (used in agricultural and forestry tractors);
3.6. material handling equipment;
3.7. fork lift trucks with a Catcher;
3.8. road maintenance equipment (such as autogreider, road rollers, asphalt layers);
3.9. snow plough;
3.10. Special accessories for working on the ground at airports;
3.11. aerial lifts;
3.12. mobile cranes;
3.13. other mechanisms that comply with the requirements laid down in these provisions.
4. the provisions do not apply: 4.1 engines installed on ships, railway locomotives, aircraft, generator plants;
4.2. engines fitted to road traffic in vehicles used for the carriage of goods and passengers;
4.3. engines fitted to agricultural or forestry tractors to be used.
5. The rules referred to in the checks required for the conformity assessment carried out in accordance with the requirements of this regulation and the Minister of agriculture the specific technical requirements of the regulations (hereinafter referred to as the technical annex).
II. Requirements for the approval authority, the technical service responsible for the engine models 6 evaluate the approval authority and technical service: a conformity assessment body: 6.1. competent in examining government agency "Latvian National Accreditation Bureau" and that this agency accredited by regulatory conformity assessment procedure laid down by law;
6.2. for which the accreditation of the Ministry of economy has published a notice in the newspaper "journal".
7. The approval authorities and technical services competence meets the standard EN 45011 in LV "General requirements for bodies dealing with product certification systems" and standard LVS EN ISO/IEC 17025 "the competence of testing and calibration laboratories-General requirements" set out minimum requirements.
8. The Ministry of economy of the European Union notification procedures shall notify the European Commission of accredited conformity assessment bodies.
III. application for type approval of the engine or engine 9 family designs for the approval of the manufacturer or his authorized representative shall submit an application to the approval authority. The application shall be accompanied by: 9.1. information folder, set out in technical annexes in the form of the document contained information that includes information about the validation engine model (including engine (prototype), the engine family and family-owned engine model, the essential characteristics of the required drawings and photographs);
9.2. a statement that the submissions of the engine or engine family type-approval has not been lodged with any other approval authority;
9.3. the engine, which is expected to pass the tests, the technical service of the manufacturer or another held by independent testing laboratories, to receive a report on the results of the inspection of the engine. If the engine in accordance with the requirements of these regulations have already been tested in the laboratory, add the manufacturer's or held by other independent testing laboratory report on the trial results.
10. when the approval authority is satisfied that the applicant submitted a prototype engine does not fully meet the engine family described by the applicant for approval to transfer engine prototype and, if necessary, additional prototype approval authorities in accordance with the instructions.
11. the application of the single-engine model or engine family may be submitted in only one Member State of the European Union or any other country that is legally binding in Geneva on 20 March 1958 in the UN European Economic Commission concluded in agreement "on the adoption of uniform technical prescriptions for wheeled vehicles, equipment and parts which can be fitted and/or be used on wheeled vehicles, and in accordance with these provisions the approval to be granted for the conformity assessment of the conditions for mutual recognition" added provisions (hereinafter referred to as Member States).
12. for each engine model to be approved or each engine family, the applicant shall submit a separate application.
IV. Model approval procedure 13. Approval Authority within two months after receipt of the documentation submitted shall grant type-approval for engine models or engine family, if they meet: 13.1 information folder;
13.2. the requirements of this Regulation (including all technical service checks in accordance with the technical annexes to the regulations and procedures established);
13.3. the approval authority of the manufacturer's inspection data to ensure effective controls on production in order to verify its conformity with the technical requirements.
14. The approval authority shall: 14.1. verify the information in the existing information, technical service inspection reports and other documents relating to the examination, compiled the information package and prepare the contents of the information package;
14.2. in accordance with the technical annex to the specimen fills in all the type approval certificate for each engine model or engine family which it approves;
14.3. the number of the type approval certificate in accordance with the technical annexes of the approval certificate numbering system;
14.4. the applicant shall be issued a model approval certificate and its annexes according to the technical annexes in the form laid down;
14.5. the register consists of all the engine or engine family for model approvals.
15. The engine type approval of the scope for limiting when the engine to be able to carry out its functions only with the traffic used not technical unit for which it is intended, or the engine together with the technical unit formed the specific signs that compliance with the requirements can be verified only with real or simulated part of this technique. In this case, the engine or engine family type-approval certificate shall contain all the restrictions on the use of the engine and the mounting conditions.
16. Expenditure relating to the type approval of the engine shall be borne by the person who submitted to the approval authority the application for type-approval.
17. The approval authority in the month following engine model approval or cancellation, or refusal to approve the engine model, notify the other Member States of the European Union approval authorities, sending them: 17.1. list according to the technical annexes in the form specified for the engine or engine issued family pattern approval;
17.2. the engine or engine family a copy of the certificate of approval and approved the engine or engine family of technical data;
17.3. information about the engine type approval refusal or withdrawal of the award, if any.
V. approval Amendment 18. If you are amending an approved engine model information folder or in the information package, the manufacturer shall forthwith notify in writing the approval authority and submitted an application for the amendment of the model or extension.
19. The application for the amendment or extension of approval must be submitted to the approval authority which granted the original type approval.
20. If particulars appearing in the information package have changed, the approval authority: 20.1. examine amendments information package, making marks on the nature of the amendment and the amendment date, change the approval certificate annexed to the table of contents of the information package, shall inform the manufacturer whether the amendments required new inspections and, if necessary, ask them to take the technical service;
20.2. on this point the rules 20.1. activities undertaken to issue a revised type approval certificate with extension number.
21. Expenditure relating to the approval of the amendment to the engine model information document, according to the volume of the work to be carried out shall be borne by the person who submitted the document for approval authority.
Vi. 22. Attestation of conformity manufacturer highlights each according to the approved model made the engine unit attached to it. The term includes the type approval number.
23. If in accordance with the provisions of paragraph 15 of the pattern approval certificate contains restrictions on use, the manufacturer with each unit of the manufactured engine sent to the approval authority the detailed information on these restrictions and equipment Assembly.
24. If one technique the manufacturer sent several models of engines, you need only one such document in which the information is listed in the relevant engine identification numbers and shipped with the first engine.
25. at the request of the approval authority 45 days after the end of each calendar year or, after this rule 33.34 and 36, that the requirements of the relevant category of Exchange engines manufacturer shall submit to the approval authority list that includes: 15.6. identification number range to each engine model.
25.2. the identification number of the correlation with the relevant engine models or engine families and with the type approval numbers;
25.3. information about the production date of the suspension, the number of engines that have not been sold, and the place where these engines are or will be stored, if the manufacturer expires to produce a certified engine model or engine family;
25.4. the Declaration, which contains each of the engine with the type approval number assigned, and compliance with the model for the description of the approval certificate.
26. the manufacturer this rule 25. information referred to in paragraph 1 shall be kept for at least 20 years.
27. Manufacturer 45 days after each calendar year shall send a notice of the approval authority. The notification shall specify the engine models, the engine family and identification codes for those engines, intended to produce.
VII. approval of the recognition Engine model 28 engine or engine family model is administrative recognition of conformity assessment procedures carried out by the approval authority to certify that another country the approval authorities granted approval for engine models meeting the requirements of this regulation. Engines that have a recognized type approval, may be placed on the Latvian market without additional conformity assessment procedures.
29. in Latvia it is recognised in traffic does not move mechanisms used to install engines and engine families assigned model approvals: 29.1. assigned to the Member States of the European Union, if the pattern approval certificate in accordance with the procedure laid down in the European Union;
29.2. If Member States assigned to the model certificate issued in accordance with the relevant technical requirements of the regulations.
30. The Member States of the European Union model approval certificate issued traffic does not move mechanisms used to install engines in the following order: 30.1. the manufacturer or his authorised representative shall submit to the approval authority the application for pattern approval certificates of recognition. The application shall be accompanied by the following documents: 30.1.1. type approval certificate or a copy of it;
30.1.2. information package or a copy thereof;
30.1.3. engine model test results;
30.2. the approval authority within 10 working days of the submission and receipt of all required documents the appearance of the documents submitted and take a decision on the recognition of the model of the certificate or a refusal to acknowledge the model certificate.
31. Expenditure on the engine type approval certificates of recognition shall be borne by the person who submitted the document for approval authority.
VIII. Traffic does not use a mechanism to move the engine placement market 32. New engines installed or not installed in machinery can be placed on the market if: 32.1. engine complies with type approval in accordance with this regulation and the technical annexes set out the technical requirements of the regulations;
32.2. the approval authority has issued the type approval certificate;
32.3. the engine is labelled in accordance with the provisions of point 22.
IX. The time frame for the discharge of pollutants to reduce limit values, confirming the engine models and deploying engine market 33. In accordance with the arrangements in the European Union in time for the approval of the engine model provides for two successive periods (I and II). Each stage for different pollutants limit values depending on engine categories based on engine power range for each type-approval period (category (A), (B), (C), (I) the period of engines; (D), (E), (F) and (G) category II engines — period): 33.1. type approval (I) the period of time in accordance with the European Union established timetable pattern approval has expired until the entry into force of this moment, the following categories of engines, which are gaseous or particulate pollutants from the engine comply with the technical annexes to this provision (I) for the period covered by the limit values: 33.1.1. Category A: 130 kW P 560 kW ² ²;
33.1.2. (B) category: 75 kW P 130 kW ²
Search Translated Laws of Latvia