Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/88022
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 411 of 2004 in Riga on April 22 (Mon. No 24, § 47) rules on animal carcass quality and classification requirements and procedures to assess conformity of carcases with the requirements of quality and classification Issued under the food surveillance law article 4, fourth part i. General questions 1. determines the cattle, swine and ovine carcases (hereinafter referred to as animal carcasses) quality and classification requirements production companies (hereinafter slaughterhouse) and a procedure to assess the conformity of carcases of animals and classification of quality requirements.
2. Slaughterhouse for slaughter animals adopted legislation concerning veterinary and hygiene requirements for slaughterhouses and in accordance with the procedure laid down in the working time shall notify the food and veterinary service.
II. the quality of animal carcases and Animal carcases classification 3 quality meet and are classified according to the directly applicable European Union legislation: 3.1. carcases of bovine animals, in accordance with the Council of 28 April 1981 on Regulation No 1208/81 determining the Community scale for the classification of carcases of adult bovine animals, to the requirements; 3.2. the carcases of the pigs in accordance with the Council of 13 November 1984 Regulations No 3220/84 determining the Community scale for grading pig carcases; 3.3. the carcases of ovine animals, according to the Council on 23 July 1992 Regulation No 2137/92, which provides for the classification of carcases of ovine animals and table the community standard quality of fresh and chilled sheep carcases.
4. This rule 3.1. and 3.2. carcases of animals referred to in point of classification is mandatory for slaughterhouse where they slaughter capacity exceeds annual average: 4.1. 75 cattle a week; 4.2.200 pigs per week.
5. At the slaughterhouse, where the animal carcases shall be classified in accordance with the provisions of paragraph 3, be employed for not less than two certified classifier of carcasses. 6. the carcases of animals carried out pre-treatment directly applicable European Union legislation on the quality of the carcass. Before the animal carcase classification it weigh on verified weighing instruments. 7. After the evaluation, the quality of the carcass classification and weighting, or the procedure of slaughterhouse the identification of carcases provided by giving the number of carcasses. 8. number of Carcases marked with numbers in the following order: 8.1. "XXX", where the first two digits represent the week of the year the order number, the third digit: day of week number; 8.2. "XXXX"-indicates the sequence number of the slaughtered animal of the week.
9. This provision of the information referred to in paragraph 8 of the slaughterhouse, you can specify a special label on the label in accordance with the laws and regulations on labelling requirements. Special label size 5 x 10 cm. 10. Pig carcases classified according to the directly applicable European Union legislation. The pig carcases the thickness of back-fat measuring instruments used for the determination of Introscop (Optical probe). Introscop is the subject of state metrological control of measuring means verification which recurrence is not less frequently than once a year. 11. The pig carcass lean meat content shall be used for the determination of the measuring instrument or the measurement equipment according to the formula, which is obtained by taking the anatomical dissection of pig carcases corresponding to the directly applicable European Union legislation and the European Union to trial methodologies used. 12. Pig carcass lean meat percentage for calculating measurements of content with Introscop is using the following formula (regression equation), which is applicable to carcase weight from 55 to 120 kg: y = 0.648 x a where 62.89-y-carcass lean meat percentage; a-thickness of back-fat (including rind) in millimetres, measured at 6 cm off the midline to the last rib.
13. If you use a different instrument or measuring device or Latvia has changed the slaughter swine population, then Minister of agriculture authorized institution in accordance with the provisions of paragraphs 11 and 12, in the development of pig carcases lean meat content appropriate for the calculation of the formula. 14. Slaughterhouse recorded results of classification of carcases and slaughterhouse carcass assigned sequential number and relevant information stored in one year. 15. animal owner (holder) has the right to receive information about the delivered animal carcase classification results. 16. quality of animal carcasses, classification, labeling, weighing accuracy and compliance of identification directly applicable European Union legislation is the responsibility of the owner of the slaughter house.
III. Settlement arrangements with suppliers of animals 17. Slaughterhouse for animals animal carcase supplier under the carcass classification and carcass weight.
18. the carcases of animals of the class and category scores are higher than the base classes and categories of indicators, according to the final slaughterhouse weightings to take a supplement. If the animal is class and the category of the carcase scores are lower than the base classes and categories of indicators, according to the base price of the slaughterhouse correction coefficient shall be reduced to the base price.
IV. Animal carcass quality and inspection procedure for classification 19. Carcasses quality, classification, accuracy of weighing, labelling and identification checks are carried out by the food and veterinary service authorized certified classification Officer (hereinafter Inspector).
20. the Inspector animal carcase classification test is carried out in accordance with the food and veterinary service confirmed intercalibration and validation methods. 21. If examination of the carcase classification is directly detected non-compliance with the applicable laws and regulations of the European Union and set out in these provisions of quality, animal classification, accuracy of weighing, labelling and identification requirements, the Inspector: 21.1. increase the frequency of checks; 21.2. proposes to take one of the following: 21.2.1. classifier of carcasses for their additional training;
21.2.2. Introscop measuring instrument (Optical probe) repeat calibration; 21.2.3. the carcases of the certificate of cancellation of the classifier.
22. The slaughterhouse owner has the right to: 22.1. the Inspector checks the results challenge the Ministry of agriculture; 22.2. to request a confirmatory test; 22.3. to request that provision referred to in paragraph 27 of the expert assessment of the institution.
23. the quality, classification, accuracy of weighing, labelling and identification of non-compliance to the owner of the slaughterhouse regulations prescribed penalty. 24. the Inspector to perform the slaughterhouse, carcasses, classification, quality of precision weighing, labelling and identification test: 24.1. require animal slaughter schedule that indicates the species for slaughter, slaughter day and hour; 24.2. assessed or classified carcases to be classified in conformity with the requirements of quality and classification; 24.3. evaluate the quality of animal carcases, carcase classification, carried out by the classifier for carcases weighing accuracy, tagging and identification accuracy with comparative tests and other test methods approved production, meat refrigeration or freezer: 24.3.1. classified by the cattle and sheep carcasses and performed comparative tests of pig carcases to the slaughterhouse and retrospective classification and comparative tests of meat refrigeration or freezer; 24.3.2. the labelling of animal carcases inspected and compliance with classification and intercalibration results and classification registration protocols; 24.3.3. check all the classification of the carcases of animals and weighing related documents and records; 15.2. checks the identification of carcases of animals, requiring all necessary documents.
25. the inspector shall draw up a report on the quality of animal carcasses, classification, accuracy of weighing, labelling and identification checks. A copy of the report puts the slaughterhouse owner or his authorized person. 26. The food and veterinary service of the Ministry of agriculture each year a report on animal carcase classification control in the current year.
V. classifier and inspectors of carcasses in the training and certification of classifier and Carcasses 27 inspectors trained agricultural Minister authorised body responsible for training.
28. the Minister of Agriculture shall approve the classifier and inspectors of carcasses curriculum. 29. the classifier and inspectors of carcasses knowledge assessed by the Minister of agriculture established the Commission. Panelists included the Ministry of agriculture, food and veterinary service, agricultural organizations Cooperation Council, the Association of producers and processors and representatives of scientific institutions. 30. After listening to the training course and successful completion of the examination of the Ministry of agriculture, based on the Protocol, the Commission shall issue a classifier and carcase inspectors certificate to five years.
VI. final question 31. Regulations shall enter into force by 1 May 2004.
Prime Minister i. Emsis Minister of Agriculture m. Roze Editorial Note: rules shall enter into force on 1 May 2004.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia