Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/87952
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 416 of 2004 in Riga on April 22 (Mon. No 24, § 53) rules on the boilers ūdenssildām Issued in accordance with the law "on conformity assessment" article 7 General questions 1. establishes the essential requirements for the boiler equipment intended for heating, and this compliance monitoring mechanisms in production and conformity assessment before they are offered in the internal market — sold, donated or transferred for use against or without payment-, as well as the market surveillance procedures.
2. the rules apply to pot plants that use gaseous or liquid fuels with a rated thermal power from 4 to 400 kW.
3. Boiler equipment considered to satisfy these rules laid down in the essential requirements for energy efficiency in the production, if it respects all applicable standards in certain essential requirements pertaining to the boiler plant, and these requirements are certified according to the rules laid down in Chapter 3 of the attestation of conformity procedures.
2. The essential requirements of the energoefekvitāt boiler equipment 4. Essential efficiency requirements for equipment specific boiler this provision in annex 1.
5. If the boiler equipment energy efficiency is greater than in the annex 1 of these regulations, it shall be marked with the specific additional labelling (annex 2).
3. The attestation of conformity procedures 3.1 General requirements 6. Boiler equipment with certified by: 6.1. boiler efficiency examination in accordance with module B;
6.2. the approved boiler installation Declaration of conformity in accordance with (C) and (E) module.
7. Boiler equipment manufacturer or its authorized representative notified the conformity assessment body shall submit the conformity assessment documentation in the national language or in another language acceptable to the notified body.
3.2. Type examination (module B) 8. B module describes the part of a conformity assessment procedure in which the notified body shall verify and confirm (certified) that the successful boiler equipment satisfies the requirements of this regulation.
9. in order to carry out the type-examination, the manufacturer or his authorised representative choose one of the notified bodies, in which: 9.1. application, which referred to the name and address of the manufacturer, as well as the authorized representative's name and address, if the application is lodged by the authorized representative;
9.2. written notice that such application has not been lodged with any other notified body;
9.3. in paragraph 11 of these regulations certain technical documentation.
10. The applicant shall place at the disposal of the notified body the relevant boiler equipment specific to sample (hereinafter type). The notified body may request further samples if required testing program. The type can include multiple boiler installations, if the differences between them will not affect the boiler equipment efficiency indicators.
11. the technical documentation shall include the following information on the boiler equipment design, manufacture and use of the required boiler equipment conformity assessment in accordance with the requirements of this Regulation: 11.1. General description of the type;
11.2. exploded view drawing of the structure, components, Assembly unit drawings drawings and other work required drawings and diagrams;
11.3. this rule 11.2. referred to drawings and diagrams and the operation of the equipment of boiler descriptions and explanations;
11.4. use of all or part of the applicable standard; If the applicable standards are used, the appropriate description of the solution used to comply with the essential safety requirements;
11.5. the design calculations and of the inspections carried out and the test results;
11.6. the news of the test to be carried out during manufacture and their protocols.
12. The notified body: 12.1. examine the technical documentation, verify (verify) that is made in accordance with that documentation, and identify the elements which have been designed according to the requirements of applicable standards, as well as the items not designed using the applicable standards;
12.2. take the appropriate examinations and necessary tests or ensure, in order to determine whether the manufacturer's selected solution meets these provisions set out the essential requirements if the manufacturer does not use any applicable standards;
12.3. carry out appropriate examinations and necessary tests or ensure, in order to determine whether the manufacturer has used those standards for which it has declared;
12.4. coordinate with the manufacturer site, where testing and any necessary tests.
13. Where the type meets the requirements of these provisions, the notified body shall issue a type-examination certificate to the applicant.
14. in the type-examination certificate shall indicate the name and address of the manufacturer, testing, and the necessary data for identification of the approved type. The validity period is 10 years, and is renewable.
15. Type examination certificate shall be accompanied by a list of the relevant parts of the technical documentation. A copy of the certificate shall keep the notified body.
16. If a notified body decides not to issue a type-examination certificate, it shall provide a reasoned refusal of the manufacturer or his authorised representative. The notified body shall indicate in the decision the appeal against the refusal.
17. Of all the modifications that are made to a pot of plants covered by the inspection certificate, the manufacturer shall inform the notified body that holds the type-examination certificate with the associated technical documentation.
18. If the modification may affect the boiler equipment, these rules laid down in the essential requirements or change the conditions of use, the manufacturer for them to receive additional evidence. It is served as an addition to the original type-examination certificate.
19. The notified body shall inform the market surveillance authorities of the type-examination certificates and additions which it has withdrawn, and (upon reasoned request) for those which it has issued. The notified body shall inform the other notified bodies concerning the type-examination certificates and additions which it has withdrawn, and of those which it has refused to issue.
20. the other notified bodies may request copies of type-examination certificates and/or their additions. Type-examination certificate supplements are available to the other notified bodies.
21. the manufacturer or his authorised representative shall ensure market surveillance authorities the technical documentation and the type-examination certificate and its additions copies 10 years after the last boiler equipment manufacturing. If the boiler equipment manufacturer or its authorized representative is not in Latvia, the obligation to keep the technical documentation is the person the boiler equipment placed on the market.
3.3. the Declaration of conformity to type (module C) 22 C module describes the part of a conformity assessment procedure whereby the manufacturer, or to his authorised representative ensures and confirms boiler equipment to comply with the type described in the type examination certificate and the requirements of this regulation. The manufacturer or his authorized representative highlights each boiler equipment with the CE marking of copies and draw up a declaration of conformity.
23. the manufacturer provides boiler equipment described in the type-examination certificate and with the model regulations.
24. The notified body chosen by the manufacturer, periodically carry out or arrange for the examination of the product. The boiler plant model chosen by the place of manufacture, the notified body shall check and tests set out in the applicable standards, to verify conformity with the requirements of this regulation. If one or more instances of the boiler equipment does not meet the requirements of these provisions, the notified body shall take appropriate measures to resolve the conflict.
25. the manufacturer or his authorised representative shall ensure market surveillance authorities access to the Declaration of conformity and the technical documentation for 10 years after the last boiler equipment manufacturing. If the boiler equipment manufacturer or its authorized representative is not in Latvia, the obligation to keep the Declaration of conformity and the technical documentation is the person the boiler equipment placed on the market.
3.4. Boiler equipment quality assurance (module E) 26. E module describes the part of a conformity assessment procedure in which the manufacturer ensures and confirms boiler equipment described in the type-examination certificate type and the requirements of this regulation.
27. the manufacturer or his authorised representative highlights each boiler equipment with the CE marking of copies and draw up a declaration of conformity. The CE marking indicates the identification number of the notified body which carried out the terms of the supervision referred to in paragraph 40.
28. the manufacturer shall take the boiler equipment final assessment approved (certified) quality system framework. Approved (certified) quality system admit that provision laid down in paragraph 40.
29. in order to obtain the certificate of quality system, the manufacturer shall implement a quality system of the company and chooses one of the notified bodies, in which the application is submitted for assessment.
30. The application shall include the assessment of compliance with the relevant information for the boiler plant and add: 30.1. the quality system documentation;
30.2. certified (certified) type of technical documentation and this type of a copy of the inspection certificate.
31. the manufacturer shall develop all elements of the quality system requirements and conditions and systematic and sequential writing them as quality system shall be documented policies, procedures and instructions.
32. quality system documentation shall ensure the quality programmes, plans, manuals and records a consistent understanding. The quality system documentation shall include the following appropriate (sufficient) information: 32.1. the quality objectives and the organisational structure, responsibilities and powers of the management for the quality of equipment in boiler;
32.2. the examinations and tests that will be carried out after manufacture;
32.3. the quality management system;
32.4. the quality (such as inspection reports, test and calibration data, qualification or qualifications of personnel approval reports).
33. The notified body shall assess the quality system to determine whether it satisfies the provisions of paragraph 31 and 32 to the requirements (quality system that meets the requirements of the applicable standards, are considered appropriate for these rules 31 and 32 to the requirements laid down in point).
34. The verification (audit) include at least one expert with experience in the relevant boiler equipment manufacturing technology concerned. The assessment procedure shall include also verification visit boiler equipment manufacturing site.
35. the notified body shall inform the manufacturer about the results of the evaluation and, if the quality system complies with the requirements of this regulation, shall be issued a certificate of quality system. The opinion shall be included in the notice of the examination and the reasoned decision, and the appeal of the decision.
36. The manufacturer fulfils the obligations laid down in the approved (certified) quality system, and ensure its relevance and effectiveness.
37. the manufacturer or his authorized representative shall inform the notified body that has approved the quality system (certified), the proposed changes to the quality system.
38. the notified body shall evaluate the proposed changes and decide whether the modified quality system complies with the provisions of paragraphs 31 and 32 to the requirements and need repeated its assessment. The notified body shall notify the manufacturer of its decision. Notification shall include the opinion of the inspection and a reasoned assessment.
39. to ensure that the manufacturer duly fulfils the obligations imposed by the approved quality system (certification), the notified body shall take the manufacturer's quality system monitoring: monitor the boiler equipment 24.3. for inspection, testing and storage (the manufacturer provides access to documentation, as well as boiler equipment inspection and testing it) and check the necessary information, in particular: 39.1.1. quality system documentation;
39.1.2. technical documentation;
39.1.3. quality records (such as inspection reports, test and calibration data, qualification or qualifications of personnel approval review);
24.4. periodically (at least every three years to make a full assessment of repeat) performs supervisory inspection (audit) to ensure that the manufacturer maintains and applies the quality system and provide the manufacturer with a supervisory inspection (audit);
39.3. using unannounced visitors method (verify), or the quality system is functioning correctly, or provide this verification. The notified body must provide the manufacturer with a visit report and, if tests have been carried out tests.
40. the manufacturer shall, for a period of 10 years after the last pot plant production ensure market surveillance authorities approach: 24.9. information on the addition of the quality system;
40.2. the notified body opinions, reports and protocols.
41. the notified body shall inform the institution which shall carry out the supervision and control of the area in question, the quality system approvals which it has withdrawn, and (upon reasoned request) of the quality system certificates it has issued. Notified bodies shall inform other notified bodies of quality system approvals which it has withdrawn, and on the approval of applications it rejected.
4. the Declaration of conformity 42. the manufacturer or his authorised representative shall draw up a declaration of conformity. The Declaration shall contain at least the following: 42.1. of the manufacturer or of his authorised representative, the name and address;
26.2. General boiler equipment;
26.3. the references of all the conformity assessment procedures;
26.3. the reference to the type examination certificate, the certificate of inspection or certificate of compliance if it established the procedure for the assessment of conformity of the notified body and the name and address of the issuing the relevant certificate;
26.4. the notified institution name and address, which monitor the quality assurance system as determined by the relevant conformity assessment procedures;
26.5. the reference to the applicable standards, if used;
26.5. reference to other technical standards and specifications, if applicable;
26.6. references to the regulations, which set the CE label and apply to the boiler to be declared;
26.7. the Declaration of the authorising signature and transcript, date and place of issue.
5. the CE marking 43. CE marking (annex 3) form the capital letters CE.
44. the CE marking can proportionally enlarge or reduce, within the given sample proportions.
45. The two components of the CE marking is the same vertical dimensions, which may not be less than five millimeters.
46. the CE marking shall be accompanied by the identification number of the notified body, which participated in the relevant boiler equipment manufacturing.
47. the CE marking shall be easily legible and indelible. Placed prominently on the copies of each boiler equipment.
48. Boiler installation permitted to label with other marks and symbols, if they are not misleading as to the meaning or form of the CE marking and CE marking does not reduce visibility and clarity.
49. If the institutions in accordance with these rules and regulations on conformity assessment, monitoring and surveillance of boiler equipment, establishes that the CE marking on the boiler equipment has been affixed unduly, they shall inform the manufacturer, its authorized representative or the importer, whose job is to ensure that the boiler equipment meet the requirements of the laws and they do not happen again.
6. Market surveillance 50. market surveillance authorities does the consumer rights protection centre.
51. the internal market offer only allowed the boiler equipment that meets the requirements of this regulation which is marked with the CE marking.
Informative reference to European Union directives, the regulations include provisions resulting from: 1) Council of 13 February 1978 directives 78/170/EEC on the performance of heat generators for space heating and the production of hot water in new or existing non-industrial buildings and on the insulation of heat and domestic hot-water distribution to be used in new non-industrial premises;
2) Council Directive 92/42/EEC on efficiency requirements for new hot-water boilers fired with liquid or gaseous fuels;
3) Council of 22 July 1993 of Directive 93/68/EEC amending Directive 87/404/EEC (simple pressure vessels), 88/378/EEC (safety of toys), 89/106/EEC (construction products), 89/336/EEC (electromagnetic compatibility), 89/392/EEC (machinery), 89/686/EEC (personal protective equipment), 90/384/EEC (non-automatic weighing instruments), 90/385/EEC (active implantable medical devices), 90/396/EEC (appliances burning gaseous fuels) , 91/263/EEC (telecommunications terminal equipment), 92/42/EEC (new water heaters that heat with liquid or gaseous fuels) and 73/23/EEC (electrical equipment designed for use within certain voltage limits).
Prime Minister i. Emsis economic Minister, the Minister of finance Spurdziņš o.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia