Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/90429
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 543, Riga, 15 June 2004 (pr. No 37, 21) professional career choice National Agency Regulations Issued under the public law agency 8. the third paragraph of article i. General questions 1. Professional career choice State Agency (hereinafter the Agency) under the supervision of the Ministry of welfare is an existing national institution.
2. the agency created to implement preventive measures to reduce unemployment, the provision of services in the field of vocational orientation.
II. Agency functions, tasks and responsibilities 3. the Agency shall have the following functions: 3.1 provide services, advice and assistance in the field of professional orientation of national and municipal institutions, non-governmental organizations, as well as natural and legal persons;
3.2. to participate in employment and unemployment reduction policies, creating public awareness of vocational guidance and career planning, the importance of quality in the development of the labour force;
3.3. evaluation in the field of guidance methods used, compliance of scientific achievements, the labour market and internationally recognized requirements.
4. in order to implement certain functions, the Agency shall undertake the following tasks: 4.1 provide group and individual counseling on matters of professional orientation of the unemployed and job seekers, persons after maternity leave, persons at the penal imprisonment institutions, persons who have a particular disability, pre-retirement-age people to promote active social attitudes towards lifelong learning;
4.2. provides modern requirements of appropriate methodological base for career guidance services according to the specific nature of each target group;
4.3. development of existing, and the development and introduction of new scientific methods of practical professional orientation, professional fitness and career counselling;
4.4. the representative of Latvia in international educational and Professional Association of consultants of choice, adapted by other countries "good practice" guidance, professional fitness and career counselling;
4.5. collect information and inform the public about the acquisition of education and further training possibilities in Latvia and abroad;
4.6. participates in international education and occupation choices counseling in the development and implementation of standards in Latvia developed and public profession descriptions;
4.7. provide information on labour market trends;
4.8. inform the public of the opportunity to receive the Agency's services in the field of professional orientation;
4.9. organizes seminars, conferences and other information activities on issues of professional orientation, as well as cooperate with foreign and international institutions of vocational orientation and staff development;
4.10. the participating national employment plan development and implementation;
4.11. in accordance with the laws on data protection agency provides personal data and other information;
4.12. organizes and runs a professional career choice information system.
5. the Agency shall have the following rights: 5.1 according to the competence to request and receive from State and local government institutions, as well as the private law natural and legal persons of the agencies function information required;
5.2. According to competence to cooperate with State and local authorities, non-governmental organizations, individuals and legal entities, as well as foreign institutions;
5.3. to inform the public about the competence of the Agency questions, prepare information material on these issues, as well as to organize such material;
5.4. organize and manage seminars and conferences, as well as to participate in foreign and international institutions take measures in the field of professional orientation;
5.5. to provide information services professional career choice;
5.6. create, reorganize and liquidate the territorial departments of the Agency;
5.7. the charge for public services rendered by the Agency in the field of vocational guidance, career planning and retraining issues;
5.8. to receive donations, donations and foreign financial assistance.
6. the agency responsible for vocational career choice information system.
III. Agency governance and structure 7. The Agency shall be managed by the Director of the Agency. The Director of the Agency can be alternates.
8. the Agency is made up of territorial units. Territorial departments of the Agency run by heads of unit.
9. the territorial departments of the agency created and their competence is determined by the Director of the Agency.
IV. Agency Advisory Council 10. To analyze problems and develop proposals in the field of vocational guidance, Welfare Minister creates Advisory Council of the Agency (hereinafter referred to as the Board).
11. the Advisory Council shall operate in accordance with the regulations approved by the Minister of welfare.
12. the Advisory Board has the following tasks: 12.1. analyze results of the activities of the Agency and to provide welfare Minister opinions and proposals for the medium-term actions and development strategy (the strategy) implementation and development of the activities of the Agency;
12.2. to promote effective implementation of the strategy;
12.3. to promote cooperation with the Agency in the implementation of the participating institutions;
12.4. to collect and provide to the Agency Director proposals for the functions and duties of the Agency.
13. the Advisory Council shall determine the numerical composition and its personnel, approve the Welfare Minister.
V. Financing of 14 the Agency. the Agency's financial resources shall consist of: 14.1. earmarked revenue;
14.2. own revenue (revenue from paid services rendered by the Agency);
14.3. foreign financial assistance;
14.4. donations and gifts.
15. the law on the Agency's budget and financial management in the order with the permission of the Minister of Finance has the right to take loans and to enter into leasing contracts. Prior authorization of the Minister of finance transactions that the documentation prepared by the Agency in line with the Welfare Ministry.
16. the Agency with its possession passed to the Act public law agency in article 16.
Vi. Agency official decision and the actual action of 17 for appeal of decisions of the Agency official and the Agency's actual action of employees can be a challenge when submitting the application to the Director of the Agency.
18. The Director of the Agency's decisions and actual action can challenge the Ministry of Welfare. Ministry of welfare decision may appeal to the Court.
VII. final question 19. Regulations shall enter into force by 1 July 2004.
Prime Minister i. Emsis Welfare Minister d. Staķ is the Editorial Note: regulations shall enter into force by 1 July 2004.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia