Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/90599
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 561, Riga, June 29, 2004 (pr. No 39, § 15) disabled Affairs regulations issued by the National Council in accordance with the public administration facilities of article 13 of the law i. General questions 1. Disabled people's Affairs National Council (hereinafter Council) is a consultative body that participate in the integration of people with disabilities in the development and implementation of policy.
2. The decisions of the Council's recommendations.
II. Functions of the Council and to the Council 3 has the following functions: to coordinate and streamline 3.1. State, local, and other institutions, as well as non-governmental organizations, legal and physical persons in the promotion of the integration of disabled people;
3.2. promoting public participation and promote the integration of people with disabilities policy;
3.3. promote the integration of people with disabilities in policy-related issues into the work of the Ministry (action) plans.
3.4 to develop proposals for the integration of people with disabilities more successful implementation of the measures, preparing draft legislative acts and policy planning documents in the field.
4. the Council shall have the right to: 4.1 establish working parties question the competence of the Council, call upon the experts with the integration of disabled persons issues analysis and solving;
4.2. to express the views of the Council in the media;
4.3. the decision of the Council to assess the progress of implementation and results.
III. composition of the Council in the composition of the Council is 5:5.1 the Minister of welfare (Council Chairman);
5.2. the Minister of education and science;
5.3. the Minister of the economy;
5.4. the Minister of health;
5.5. the special task Minister for society integration Affairs;
5.6. the regional development and local Government Minister;
5.7. the children and Family Affairs;
5.8. the Chairman of the Union of local authorities;
5.9. public service Regulatory Commission Chairman;
5.10. the national human rights Office Director;
5.11. the President of the society of people with disabilities;
5.12. the President of the Union of the deaf;
5.13. the President of the society for the blind;
5.14. The Latvian Association "child care";
5.15. The disabled and their friends "Apeirons" President;
5.16. The society integration fund Director;
5.17. The Latvian free trade union Chairman;
5.18. The Latvian Paralympic Committee President.
6. The President of the Council shall: 6.1. conducts the work of the Council;
6.2. convene the Council meeting and approve the agenda;
6.3. without express authorisation of the representative Council.
7. the President of the Council in the absence of the President, performs his duties assigned to the Member of the Council.
8. The members of the Council: 8.1. draw up and submit to the Council proposals and information on integration of people with disabilities in policy implementation;
8.2. inform the Council of the members of the Council represented the area in preparation for planned and/or existing policy planning documents and legislation that affect the situation of people with disabilities;
8.3. appropriate competence shall advise the other members of the Council;
8.4. shall participate in the meetings of the Council and in the preparation and adoption of decisions;
8.5. analyse the Council's activities and the results of the implementation of the function and contribute to their effectiveness.
9. The members of the Council representing the national regulatory authorities, the person delegated for cooperation with the Secretary of the Board.
IV. activities of the Council 10. The President of the Council at least every three months shall convene the Council meeting. The Governing Council may be convened if it suggests at least four Council members, submitting to the President of the Council of the appropriate application.
11. the Council meetings are open to the public. The Council is valid if its sitting on more than half of the Board members.
12. the Council decision shall be adopted by a simple majority. If the vote splits equal, the Chairman of the Board shall have a casting vote. Council decision on the signature by the President of the Council.
13. If the Council does not agree with the decision of the Council, the members of the Council concerned the individual views the record at his request the minutes of the meeting of the Council.
14. the minutes of the Council. It shall indicate the agenda issues, people who participated in the meeting, and the people who commented on the matter, as well as the decisions taken. The minutes shall be signed by the Chairman and the Secretary of the Board. Everyone in the meeting participant has the right to have his views be recorded in the minutes.
15. operation of the facilities of the Council provide the Ministry of welfare.
16. The work of the Council organises the Secretary of the Board, appointed by the Minister of welfare.
17. The Secretary of the Board, in cooperation with the members of the Council and the provisions of the request referred to in paragraph 9 persons: 17.1. prepare Council meetings the draft agenda;
17.2. prepare questions and materials submitted for consideration by the Council;
17.3. coordinate and collect information on the execution of decisions of the Council;
17.4. the exchange of information between authorities and officials involved in the matter within the competence of the Council;
17.5. annually prepare a report on the Council's activities and functions.
18. The Council meeting agenda and meeting materials in question not later than four working days before the meeting of the Council electronically to the members of the Council and invited persons.
19. at the request of the Chairman or other Member of the Council may convene an extraordinary meeting, indicating they need. Extraordinary meeting of the Council of the Secretary of the Board and the relevant publicity materials meeting the members of the Council and invited persons electronically no later than two working days before the meeting.
20. A member of the Council no later than two working days before the Council meeting may submit to the Council additional questions.
Prime Minister, Deputy Prime Minister a. Minister shlesers prosperity d. Staķ is the Editorial Note: rules shall enter into force on July 2, 2004.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia