Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/90919
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 580 in Riga on 6 July 2004 (pr. No 41, § 3.) the order in which national experts seconded the European institutions Issued under the Cabinet of Ministers Act article 14 equipment, first paragraph, point 3 i. General questions 1. determines the order in which the national authority staff (officials), professional service soldiers and other natural persons (hereinafter referred to as SNES) seconded the General Secretariat of the Council of the European Union, European Commission, Court of Justice of the European communities, the European Parliament and other bodies (hereinafter referred to as the institutions of the European Union) in accordance with European Union law.
2. National experts during a period when they are posted to the institutions of the European Union, decision making is independent of employers in Latvia and the only institution of the European Union, if the interest of the European Union law does not provide otherwise.
3. National expert returning from working in the bodies of the European Union by the end of the statutory period, or for other reasons, the employer in Latvia provides him the right to play the previous or an equivalent post.
4. the State Chancellery Office of European Affairs (hereinafter referred to as the European Affairs Bureau) is responsible for the circulation of information and coordination associated with national experts posting and withdrawal from the European Union institutions work.
5. the employer shall maintain a national expert in Latvia's monthly wage (salary) and State social security payments during a period when the national expert working for the European institutions, if the European Union law does not provide otherwise.
6. Features this provision in paragraph 5 that the remuneration and social security payments made from the employer in the State budget allocated to Latvia. If it is not possible to provide funding from the employer, the State allocated budget resources, the decision on the amount of financing required and sources adopted by the Cabinet.
II. the work of Posting 7. European Affairs Office receives from the permanent representation of the Republic of Latvia in the European Union or other bodies information relating to the posting of national experts in the work of the European institutions, as well as creates, maintains and updates the database.
8. further to the provisions of the information referred to in paragraph 7, the European Affairs Bureau immediately sent to the institution, which according to the rules of the institution and the Cabinet of Ministers of 11 June 2003 order No. 385 "The Ministry and the other State authorities in the European Union in matters of" particular competence distribution is responsible for specific questions (hereinafter referred to as the responsible authority), as well as in the order specified in līdzatbildīgaj institutions.
9. Upon receipt of the information, the institution responsible for the evaluation of the applicant established Commission (hereinafter the Commission), which includes the responsible institutions, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Bureau of European Affairs, the Latvian free trade union, employers ' Confederation of Latvia and other representatives of the institutions or bodies competent to assess the applicant's compliance with the requirements. Invitation to the President of the Commission is the authorities representative.
10. the responsible authority not later than five working days following this rule 7 receipt of the information referred to in the European Affairs Bureau issued a public call for candidates in the "journal".
11. Invitation to tender, the tenderer will determine who can participate in the contest, the job required qualifications, application procedures and time limit, which may not be longer than ten days following the invitation to tender. Persons who may be eligible to work in the institutions of the European Union, laid down in the relevant legislation of the European Union. Log on to the competition, the applicant mentioned in the notice of invitation to tender documents shall be accompanied by proof of the employer in Latvia (annex).
12. The Commission shall, in accordance with the regulations approved by the institution responsible for the compliance of applicants evaluated by European Union institutions specified qualification requirements.
13. Soldiers who claim to work in the European Union institutions, not by invitation to tender, evaluates the Defence Minister, created the highest attestation Commission which examines the applicant's compliance with the institutions of the European Union specified qualification requirements.
14. If the institution of the European Union, national safety authorities for the tender of the work established the post of secret status, the applicant will be assigned to work in the European Union institutions to the national safety authorities.
15. the Commission's decision or the Supreme attestation Commission decision on the applicant's compliance with the institutions of the European Union specified qualification requirements and posting in the institution of the European Union approved by the authorities.
16. If an applicant for a job posting in the institution of the European Union chooses as a matter of urgency, for candidates and applicants may not be promulgated by the order (the soldiers — to order) approved by the head of the institution responsible, in coordination with the Office for European Affairs and the Foreign Ministry. The procedures referred to in this paragraph shall apply if the responsible body must designate a national expert in the European Union institutions work within 14 days of the rule referred to in paragraph 7 of the date of receipt of the information.
17. Responsible institution 15 of these rules in accordance with the procedure laid down in the Commission approved (Supreme attestation Commission) decision or this rule an order referred to in paragraph 16, the applicant's curriculum vitae, proof of the employer in Latvia and the application shall be sent to the Office for European Affairs not later than three working days after the decision or order of confirmation (order).
18. the Office for European Affairs the necessary documents forwarded to the permanent representation of the Republic of Latvia in the European Union. The permanent representation of the Republic of Latvia in the European Union shall be submitted to the relevant bodies of the European Union.
19. If the institution of the European Union in assessing the compliance of the applicant qualification requirements and other criteria, shall take a decision on his fitness for the work for the institutions of the European Union, responsible authority of the institutions of the European Union established the designated national experts in the work of the relevant bodies of the European Union.
III. The withdrawal of 20 national experts work may be withdrawn from work in the European Union institutions, if the institution concerned and national expert is mutually agreed upon and: 20.1. If it is related to the employer's essential interests in Latvia;
20.2. If it is associated with the national expert for essential personal or professional interests;
20.3. in other cases, in accordance with the approved bodies of the European Union legislation.
21. The question of the withdrawal of the national expert Commission of the appearance or the highest attestation Commission of the order in which the candidates were assessed compliance with the institutions of the European Union laid down the requirements and qualifications for the job posting in the institution of the European Union.
Prime Minister i. Emsis Foreign Minister r. pīks Editorial Note: regulations shall enter into force by July 10, 2004.
Annex to the Cabinet of Ministers of 6 July 2004, regulations No 580 employer certification in Latvia with this _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ (the employer's name, registration number, registered office) confirm that the employee agrees _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ (name) (social security number ____ ____ ____-____ ____) for participation in the competition for jobs in the European Union institutions and, if the selection is successful, posting at work in the European Union institutions.
The employer agrees to maintain during the period of the employee's monthly wage (salary) and carry out the compulsory social insurance contributions, as well as by employee returning from working in the institutions of the European Union to provide him the right to play the previous or equivalent position (job).
Employer ____ ____ ____ ____ ____ ____ ____ ____ ____ ____ ____ ____ ____ ____ ____ __ (post, signature and transcript) Z.v. date Foreign Minister r. pīks
Search Translated Laws of Latvia