Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/91777
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 628 in Riga on 27 July 2004 (pr. 45 38) special environmental requirements for polluting activities in animal production Issued in accordance with the law "on pollution" in the second paragraph of article 24.2 i. General questions 1. provisions shall be set out in specific environmental requirements for polluting activities in animal yards.
2. the rules apply to polluting activities of category C, if they take the animal production where grown: 2.1 10 or more animals;
2.2. the five animals and more, if storage is in a particularly sensitive area, covered by increased requirements for the protection of water and soil from agricultural activities pollution by nitrates.
3. The terms used in the following terms: 3.1. manure: manure-litter of 3.1.1 solid feces or feces and litter the hard mix that is at least 15% of the dry matter;
3.1.2. šķidrmēsl: any hard excrement and urine or water, where the dry matter content is from 3 to 15%;
3.1.3. slurry — the liquid that flows out of the bedding manure, as well as the rainfall water coming into the location designations of manure and mixed with manure;
3.2. silage juice — the liquid that flows out of the silage preparation and storage;
3.3. animal accommodation — animals, also the storage of manure, litter, manure and silage šķidrmēsl juice storage in any way.
II. Requirements for the limitation and control of contamination 4. to prevent the groundwater and surface water contamination of manure and silage discharges and storage of juice to the following requirements: 4.1 collection and disposal system of the animals (except the deep runs, in which animals are bred to 20) constructed of waterproof material that is resistant to the animals used in technical influence;
4.2. storage base and walls constructed of waterproof material, resistant to the effects of the technique;
4.3. animal accommodation shall establish appropriate systems for the collection of šķidrmēsl or slurry and drainage to the relevant banks;
4.4. storing bedding manure pile, comply with the following requirements: 4.4.1. permissible litter manure on the field of temporary storage piles. The pile shall be prohibited to have on the field at the same location for more than 18 months;
4.4.2. creating litter manure field heaps base, using materials that protect from the liquid fraction of manure run-off. A pile of manure to surface and the base lay with a protective layer that prevents runoff or evaporation;
4.4.3. the manure heap constitute areas where terrain does not contribute in the field of surface runoff formation. Manure piles shall be placed according to the environmental protection laws and regulations to the requirements of the surface ūdensobjekt protection zone requirements, but not closer than 30 m from the River, Creek, ditch, drainage systems, wells or well, which takes water to households;
4.4.4. manure shall not be dissipated during the period from 15 December until March 1.
5. This provision 4.4. the requirements referred to in subparagraph does not apply to polluting activities to especially sensitive areas.
6. Litter, manure, slurry and šķidrmēsl silage juice storage capacity is set to the following requirements: 6.1. animals litter the yards of manure storage volume provides litter accumulation of manure for at least six months. Šķidrmēsl storage capacity ensures šķidrmēsl storage for at least seven months. If the litter or manure storage šķidrmēsl capacity does not meet these requirements, animal housing operator switch to another natural or legal person a contract for litter or manure storage or use of šķidrmēsl outside the animal housing;
6.2. the slurry from the open and closed storage of manure litter collected in a separate repository, provides seven months of accumulation of dung collected in volume;
6.3. is silage juice allowed storage of slurry or šķidrmēsl store if silage juices amount does not exceed 5% of the amount of šķidrmēsl. Silage juices is not allowed to leak into the environment.
7. to store Silage in trenches and piles, and use the following: 7.1 the trench silo base constructed of waterproof material and resistant against the effects of silage and possible mechanical damage during emptying or filling;
7.2. the base of the trench shall be provided with an inclination of silage in the direction of landing. The lower end of the trench slope in šķērskanāl be the silage juices drain holding tank;
7.3. storing silage piles, pile on the field below put inside the film. Installed the film connects to pile the coated film;
7.4. silage pile consists of a field where the terrain is not conducive to the formation of surface run-off and silage juice runoff. Silage pile is placed under environmental protection laws and regulations to the requirements of the surface ūdensobjekt protection zone requirements, but not closer than 30 m from the River, Creek, ditch, drainage systems, wells or well, which takes water to households;
7.5. If the silage pile shall be provided for each year in one and the same place, the pile base in izbeton. The base area is composed by inclination to silage juices collection facilities. The area around the pile up of silage juices range grāvīt or 0.2 0.3 m high border;
7.6. silage juice not dissipated during the period from 1 December to 1 March;
7.7. manure and silage juice used as organic fertilizer in accordance with the Cabinet of Ministers of 18 December 2001 Regulation No. 531 of the "regulations on the protection of water and soil from agricultural activities pollution by nitrates".
8. The rules referred to in paragraph 7.6 requirement does not apply to activities in particularly sensitive areas.
9. Šķidrmēsl storage is set to the following requirements: 9.1. šķidrmēsl storage can be closed or covered with a permanent natural or artificial floating segslān to reduce evaporation. Floating segslān or flip covers storage surface continuously, and if necessary, will be updated with new material;
9.2. šķidrmēsl type repositories under an existing dung store level, to prevent the possibility of backwards. The filling system designed to not break the surface segslān.
III. Operator monitoring and control conducted 10. Operator in accordance with the provisions of paragraph 11 the data indicate the accounting journal (on paper or electronically). Accounting journal for environmental State Inspectorate presented the request. The operator stores the information for at least five years. If registration is carried out electronically, every six months the log data in print.
11. Accounting log data such as the following: 11.1. date added floating segslāņ-mat (if any);
11.2. date or silage manure spread on the field of juice or transferred to another natural or legal person, and distributed or transferred or silage manure quantity of juice.
12. If the operator with other private contracts for waste collection, sewage, litter or manure storage or use of šķidrmēsl outside the accommodation by the State environment inspectorate request the operator on presentation of the relevant contract.
13. compliance with the provisions of the control of the State environment inspectorate.
IV. Closing questions 14. If the animal is placed into storage until the date of entry into force of the provisions and does not meet the requirements of this regulation, the operator of 12 months after the entry into force of these regulations shall be submitted in the regional environmental management plan to ensure compliance with the requirements of this Regulation (hereinafter referred to as the improvement plan). If the animal housing in accordance with a plan for improvements needed in the reconstruction, it should take no longer than 10 years after the entry into force of the provisions.
15. the regional environmental authority in the month following receipt of the enhancement plan shall decide on the acceptance and enhancement plan in writing inform the animal accommodation operator. If the enhancement plan does not provide these regulations set requirements for regional environmental management takes a decision on the refusal to approve the plan. That decision can be challenged in the month of the environmental impact assessment State Bureau.
16. Designing new animal housing, manure provides for constructing a construction store.
Prime Minister i. Emsis Environment Minister r. vējonis Editorial Note: regulations shall enter into force by July 31, 2004.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia