Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/92023
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 677 in Riga on august 3, 2004 (Mon. No 46 31) Treasury regulations Issued under the public administration Act, article 16 of the equipment the first part i. General questions 1. Treasury is the Ministry of Finance's direct regulatory authority.
2. The Treasury action aimed at effective implementation of functions of public administration public finance management.
3. Treasury funded from the State budget.
II. Functions, tasks and responsibilities 4. The Treasury has the following functions: 4.1 the State budget execution and financial records of the Organization;
4.2. payment and appropriations from the State carrying out the budget revenue;
4.3. public debt management;
4.4. the State funded pension scheme management;
4.5. the legislation of European Union policy payment authority and national officers asked the National Fund;
4.6. other regulations in certain functions.
5. in order to ensure the performance of functions, the Treasury made the law on budget and financial management tasks, as well as: 5.1 ensure State budget deficit and debt obligations necessary resources;
5.2. national budget management of financial resources within the budget-do;
5.3. the accounts and enforcement of national debt obligations;
5.4. open accounts and for the execution of the State budget on State budget tool for a Latvian Bank accounts and other credit institutions;
5.5. issuing the law on State budget for the current year the State budget provided for loans, make their accounting and monitoring of loans;
5.6. prepares and provides information about State and local government budget;
5.7. provide methodological guidance on accounting, public administration institutions, local governments and their institutions;
5.8. organised by borrowing on the domestic and international financial markets;
5.9. the State guarantees on behalf of financial obligations;
5.10. booked and managed by the State funded pension scheme funds separately from other Treasury assets and other assets in its management, containment of the decisions, and any other activities related to the State funded pension scheme, the management of Treasury activities debt management and Government securities;
5.11. keeps accounts of foreign financial assistance (PHARE, SAPARD), the European Union's instrument for the transfer of funds and make payments from these accounts according to the financing memorandum concluded, decisions of the European Commission, financial contracts and other arrangements;
5.12. certified by the European Union's policy in the framework of the expenses incurred, requires the European Union policy instruments of the European Commission;
5.13. organizes the international rating agency visits the Republic of Latvia;
5.14. the laws and carry out other tasks.
6. the State which has the following rights: 6.1. to request and receive from the public administrations, local authorities and institutions, and private law legal persons information required Treasury functions;
6.2. performance of payment authority, according to competence to issue orders and instructions relating to accounting, reporting and financial management;
6.3. perform the audit policy of the European Union in the management of the participating institutions and the beneficiaries of the structural funds to ensure the certification of expenditure.
III. structure and Treasury officials competence 7. led the Treasury Manager. Manager shall be appointed and relieved of the post of Finance Minister.
8. the Manager shall carry out public administration facilities Act of direct public administration functions, as well as: 8.1 provides a Treasury functions, as well as the European Union's policy of payment authority functions;
8.2. represented without special authorisation and contracts on its behalf;
8.3. handling the Treasury allocated financial resources and is responsible for the appropriate use;
8.4. The Treasury issued the work organization necessary internal regulations;
8.5. Approves the list of posts and job descriptions;
8.6. the laws and regulations in the order appointed and removed from Office, and Treasury officials recruited and laid off employees in the Treasury;
8.7. ensure Treasury development plans;
8.8. in order to ensure the Treasury functions, is entitled to issue instructions to Treasury officials and employees;
8.9. the report provides for budgetary funds;
8.10. provide annual public report;
8.11. in the framework of financial management is responsible for the day-to-day management of funds and the funds of the State budget;
8.12. determining the Treasury officials ' responsibility for the financial management according to the law on budget and financial management.
9. the Manager may be alternates. Deputy Manager expertise as well as the Deputy in question directly to the Department of the Treasury down the Manager.
10. The Treasury Department is Department, part, sector and regional settlement centers.
11. The Treasury Department creates, reorganize or eliminate the Manager.
12. The Treasury Department functions and tasks determined by the rules of the Treasury.
IV. activities of the Treasury rule of law enforcement procedures and activity reports 13. Treasury operations rule of law supports the Manager. The Manager is responsible for Treasury and internal control management decisions for the creation and operation of the system.
14. The Treasury not less frequently than once a year, provide to the Minister of finance review of Treasury functions and the use of budget resources.
15. the Manager could have administrative provisions and the actual action of an individual may challenge the Ministry of finance. The Ministry of finance decision may appeal to the Court.
16. the Minister of Finance shall have the right, at any time, request a review of a Treasury functions, as well as Treasury activities.
Prime Minister i. Emsis Finance Minister o. Spurdziņš Editorial Note: the entry into force of the provisions with the 7 august 2004.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia