Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/93166
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 757 in Riga august 31 2004 (pr. No 51 20) General and vocational education licensing Issued under the Education Act, art. 14, para. 11, and the General Education Act, article 4, paragraph 1, rule 1 shall determine the procedures for the authorization of general education, vocational education, vocational education, secondary education, vocational education, professional development and professional continuing education programs (educational program). 2. to obtain the license for the implementation of the programme of education, the educational institution shall submit to the Ministry of education and science. 3. the application shall specify the following: 3.1 educational institutions; 3.2. the educational authorities and educational institutions founder of the legal status; 3.3. the education authorities the legal address and telephone number; 3.4. the Ministry of education and science education institutions issued the registration certificate number; 3.5. education programs; 3.6. a sub-programme for the name (of the vocational music education programs); 3.7. education program code; 3.8. the vocational training programs – education programs; 3.9. the duration of the implementation of the programme of education or volume (excluding the general education programs); 3.10. the general education programs, the number of trainees in education programmes; 3.11. the head of an educational institution name and surname, name of the person, name and position, of which the education authority for licensing issues sorted.
4. the application shall be accompanied by the following documents: 4.1 educational program, developed under the education requirements set out in law (professional guidance in music, art and cultural education programs need reconciliation with the Ministry of culture; education programmes, after which the learning and qualification test must be issued security activities specified in the law on the security certificate – reconciliation with the State police; vocational training program in fire protection, fire-fighting and civil protection-reconciliation with the State fire and rescue services; professional education programs, national border security, reconciliation with the National Guard); 4.2. educational institutions founder of the issued certificate of education programs require space and logistic support; 4.3. State agencies ' public health agency ", national fire and rescue service and the National Labour Inspectorate's findings regarding educational institutions compliance with the hygiene requirements, civil protection, fire protection and health standards (copies). The opinion of the validity period of one year; 4.4. the State Inspectorate of education opinion on the conformity of educational programmes to the requirements of the law of education-general educational programmes; 4.5. professional associations opinions on education programs labour market requirements, professional education, vocational education, vocational secondary education and professional continuing education programs, if not crafted profession standard.
5. A decision on the issue, refusal to issue a licence or the cancellation of the licence, shall adopt the general education program, the Licensing Commission of the vocational training programme or Professional Licensing Commission orientations sports the education program in the Licensing Commission (hereinafter the Commission). Commission personnel approved by the Minister of education and science.
6. the Commission shall consist of not less than five members – the Ministry of education and science and its subordinated institutions. The Chairman of the Commission's education and Science Ministry official. According to the Education Commission for the type of program includes other ministries, authorities, employers ' and professional organisations or Sports Federation representatives.
7. Vocational guidance education of sports Licensing Commission shall examine the application and the documents attached to it, asking the Sports Federation to provide an opinion on the educational program and the month following receipt of the application, shall take a decision on the issue or refusal to issue a licence motivated when educational program does not meet the requirements laid down in these provisions. 8. General education program Licensing Commission or vocational training program in the Licensing Commission shall examine the application and the documents attached to it and within a month of receiving it shall take a decision on the issue or refusal to issue a licence motivated when educational program does not meet the requirements laid down in these provisions. 9. The licence shall be issued for up to 10 years, but professional development education programs – for a period of up to six years. 10. The Commission shall take a decision on the refusal to issue a license, the education authority application for licence of a relevant education for the implementation of the programme to be submitted again not earlier than a month after the previous application. 11. If the licence documents submitted is not sufficient to decide the issue terms, the Commission is entitled to request additional information. Seven days after the meeting of the Education Commission, the authority shall send a notice requesting the required information or documents. Educational institution within 15 days after receipt of the notification, submit additional information or documents. A month after the Commission additional information or receipt of documents shall take a decision on the issue or refusal to issue a licence motivated. 12. In accordance with Commission decision issued by the education authority of the Ministry of education and science signed by Secretary of State vocational education program license (annex 1), general education program license (annex 2) or the vocational sports education program license (annex 3). 13. The license validity period starts with the date of issue of the licence decision notified to the educational institution. 14. If the documents which were the basis for the licence is amended, the license holder is obliged to notify in writing the Ministry of education and science, not later than one month after the change takes place. 15. at the end of the period of validity of the licence, the licence holder shall submit to the Ministry of education and science and the application of these provisions in paragraph 4, the documents for education program again licensing. 16. the Commission has the right to cancel the license in the following cases: 16.1. knowingly provided false or misleading information; 16.2. the holder of the licence within one year of its receipt has not started licensed education programs; 16.3. the educational program or an educational institution is not accredited (if accreditation is required in accordance with the regulations); 16.4. the educational activity or licensed education programs in the implementation of significant breaches of the law, which the national fixed fire and rescue services, the national agencies ' public health agency, the State labour inspection or national inspection of the education legislation.
17. The decision on the refusal to issue a licence or the cancellation of the licence shall be signed by the Chairman of the Commission, not later than seven days after the adoption of the decision in writing shall inform the appropriate educational institution or license holder. 18. Commission decision on the refusal to issue a licence or the cancellation of the licence may be challenged by the Ministry of education and science. The Ministry of education and science of the decision may be appealed in court. 19. the licensing costs borne by the Ministry of education and science of the State budget allocated to the funds. 20. Be declared unenforceable in Minis-3 Cabinet 3 January 2002 Regulation No 4 "General and professional education program licensing" (Latvian journal, 2002, no. 3).
Prime Minister i. Emsis Minister of education and science Radzevič of J.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia