Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/95433
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 861 Riga 2004 (19 October. No 60 19) child protection regulations Issued by the Commission in accordance with the public administration facilities of article 13 of the law i. General questions 1. Commission for the protection of the rights of the child (hereinafter referred to as the Commission) is a consultative body which collegiate's aim is to promote the child's rights protection policy implementation at national level in accordance with the United Nations on 20 November 1989, the Convention on the rights of the child, the child protection law and other laws protecting the rights of the child.
2. the decisions of the Commission's recommendations.
II. Functions of the Commission, and the right to 3. the Commission shall have the following functions: to promote common 3.1 child protection policy;
3.2. promoting the rights of the child protection policy;
3.3. promoting public involvement in the protection of children's rights policy.
4. the tasks of the Commission: 4.1. examine and assess the physical and legal persons the proposals on the rights of the child protection policy;
4.2. assessment of the rights of the child protection policy in the country;
4.3. to give proposals to the long-term policy planning document projects on the rights of the child in the field of the protection and the current year's national programme for child and family advancement.
5. the Commission shall have the right to: 5.1 to invite to the meeting of the Commission on State and local government institutions, as well as representatives of non-governmental organizations;
5.2. to request and receive from State and local government institutions, legal and natural persons information on child protection issues and compliance with the laws on the rights of the child;
5.3. in accordance with the competency to create working groups for in-depth exploration of issues.
III. composition and functioning of the Commission the Commission is made up of 6:6.1. child and Family Affairs;
6.2. the Interior Minister;
6.3. the Minister of education and science;
6.4. the special task Minister for society integration Affairs;
6.5. the Minister of welfare;
6.6. the Minister of health;
6.7. the parliamentary human rights and Public Affairs Commission child protection Subcommittee Chairman;
6.8. the national human rights Office Director;
6.9. the Chairman of the Union of local authorities;
6.10. The UNICEF Latvian National Committee Executive Director;
6.11. the children's Fund VP;
6.12. "save the children" Organization Director.
7. the President of the Commission is a children's and Family Affairs. The President of the Commission: 7.1 of the Commission;
7.2. without express authorisation of the representative Commission;
7.3. convene meetings of the Commission and approve the agenda;
7.4. create working groups for specific tasks;
7.5. invited to participate in the meetings of the Commission officers and specialists;
7.6. the signature decisions of the Commission, minutes of meetings and other documents of the Commission.
8. the members of the Commission: 8.1 prepare and submit to the Commission proposals and information on child protection policies;
8.2. the Commission informed the members of the Commission represented in the preparation of the planned and existing policy planning documents and legislation relating to the protection of the rights of the child;
8.3. the meetings of the Commission and participate in the preparation and decision making.
9. The Member of the Commission not fulfilling their responsibilities may be entrusted to another person.
10. in the meantime, the meetings of the Commission the Commission shall coordinate the responsible Secretary. The responsible Secretary shall designate the President of the Commission.
11. the Commission, the responsible Secretary: 11.1. prepares the sessions of the Commission, materials, the agenda and shall inform the members of the Commission;
11.2. collect information on the execution of decisions of the Commission;
11.3. sorts of proceedings. the Commission
12. the Commission shall ensure the operation of the facilities for children and Family Affairs Ministry.
13. the Commission shall convene a meeting at least every six months. Meeting time and place determined by the Chairman of the Commission. Extraordinary meeting of the Commission may be convened if it suggests at least four members of the Commission, when submitting the application to the President of the Commission.
14. Commission meetings are open to the public, unless the Special Commission decision otherwise.
15. the Commission shall be valid if they are sitting on more than half of the members of the Commission.
16. the Commission shall take decisions by a simple majority. If the vote splits on the casting vote of the Chairman of the Commission. The decision shall be entered in the minutes of the hearing. The minutes shall be signed by the Chairman of the Commission.
Prime Minister i. Emsis child and Family Affairs Minister a. Baštik Editorial Note: rules shall enter into force on 23 October 2004.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia