Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/95414
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 878 in 2004 (19 October. No 60-63), the abolition of customs duties and quotas, regulations Issued by the Advisory Board in accordance with the public administration facilities of article 13 of the law i. General questions 1. abolition of customs duty and quota Advisory Council (hereinafter Council) is a consultative and coordinating body.
2. the objective of the Council is to coordinate a company request for abolition of customs duty and the application of the quota (hereinafter applications) and other Member States of the European Union, the European Commission submitted a submission rejection (hereinafter application rejections).
II. the Council functions, tasks and rights 3. Council function is to evaluate the submissions and applications a company rejection and accept the decision of the European Commission of their submission. The decisions of the Council's recommendations.
4. the Council shall have the following tasks: 4.1. assess the application and submission of the rejection of the European Commission of compliance with the requirements of the abolition of customs duties and quotas;
4.2. to provide relevant information on the Association of other European Union Member States submissions the European Commission;
4.3. rejection of application submissions and decisions to submit to the Ministry of finance.
5. the Council shall have the following rights: 5.1. to request and receive, free of charge from public institutions and interested companies Council tasks the required information;
5.2. invite to participate in the Board meetings in an advisory capacity to the industry experts and consultants advising;
5.3. preparation of the decision involved experts;
5.4. If necessary, invite the European Commission to participate in the meetings of experts of the sector concerned;
5.5. to submit proposals to the Minister of finance for necessary changes in the composition of the Council.
III. composition of the Council Council 6:6.1 the Ministry of finance, Customs Department, the Legislative Director or the Deputy Director, the Chairman of the Council;
6.2. the three authorised representatives of the Ministry of finance;
6.3. the Ministry of Economic Affairs authorised representative;
6.4. The Ministry of agriculture authorized representative;
6.5. The State revenue service's main customs administration authorized representative;
6.6. the Latvian Chamber of Commerce and industry's authorized representative.
7. the personnel of the Council after consulting the relevant bodies approved by the Minister of finance.
8. The work of the Council chaired by the President of the Council.
9. the President of the Council in the absence of his duties shall be carried out by the Council's Chairman of the Board of Trustees.
10. The President of the Council: 10.1. organizes the planning and work of the Council;
10.2. convene and chair the meetings of the Council;
10.3. Approves the Council's agenda;
10.4. the signature of the protocols of the Council sitting, decisions and other documents;
10.5. without express authorisation of the representative Council.
11. the Council shall keep such records of the Secretary of the Council. The Secretary of the Board from among the members of the Council are appointed by the Minister of finance.
12. The Secretary of the Board: 12.1. preparing submissions and submissions received rejection to the sessions of the Council;
12.2 provides the members of the Council with the information and the Council sits working materials;
12.3. the minutes of the Council meeting.
IV. Application and submission rejection of the arbitration proceedings and the submission of 13 submissions rejection shall be adopted and shall transfer to the Secretary of the Board evaluation of the members of the Council no later than three days before the meeting.
14. If necessary, the members of the Council for evaluation of materials consulted industry experts.
15. Opinions on the applications submitted to the Council and the refusal of the application, to be considered during the current session, members of the Council shall forward to the Secretary of the Council, no later than the day before the meeting.
V. the Council meeting procedures 16. Council meetings are open to the public.
17. The Council shall hold its meetings not less than once a month, if there are any submissions or submission rejections. If necessary, the President of the Council may convene an extraordinary meeting. Extraordinary meeting of the members of the Council shall notify not later than three days before.
18. the Council are valid if they are sitting on more than half of the Board members.
19. the Council decision shall be adopted during the meetings, an open vote, with a simple majority. Each Council Member has one vote. If the vote splits equal, the Chairman of the Board shall have a casting vote.
20. the Council's decisions take the form of a protocol. Each Board Member shall have the right to submit in writing their individual views and to request it to the Protocol of accession. Minutes of meetings shall, not later than three working days after the meeting by the Chairman and the signature of the Secretary. The minutes shall be sent to all the members of the Council.
21. the sessions of the Council as the audience can participate all interested people, previously informing the Council Secretary.
22. the operation of the facilities of the Council provide the Ministry of finance.
Prime Minister i. Emsis Finance Minister in place of regional development and local Government Minister a. Radzevič Editorial Note: rules shall enter into force on 23 October 2004.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia