Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/96375
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No 911 in 2004 (9 November. 64. § 17) market surveillance Council regulation Issued pursuant to the public administration Act, article 13 of the equipment 1. market surveillance Council (hereinafter Council) is a consultative body whose purpose is to ensure the exchange of information and views between market surveillance authorities.
2. The Council shall have the following functions: 2.1. assessment of the situation by the market surveillance framework legislation, as well as market surveillance authorities cooperation and allocation of competence;
2.2. to give proposals to improve market surveillance authorities monitoring and control programs (except food and veterinary service programs) and the implementation thereof.
3. the Council shall have the following tasks: 2.1. submit proposals to the Minister of Economics on the development of legislation relating to market surveillance;
3.2. to cooperate with ministries and other institutions, as well as foreign supervisory and control authorities market surveillance;
3.3. to give proposals and advice market surveillance work plan;
3.4. to assess the implementation of the strategy of market surveillance;
3.5 assess opportunities of testing in Latvia and in other countries and to make proposals to develop testing capabilities;
3.6. to give proposals on market surveillance staff training and coordinate the Organization of training;
3.7. to give proposals to improve market surveillance authorities cooperation and exchange of information;
3.8. each year, before 1 June to provide economic information to the Minister on the activities in the field of market surveillance a year earlier.
4. the Council shall have the following rights: 4.1 invite to participate in the Board meetings in an advisory capacity and professional expertise, as well as business and consumer representatives of non-governmental organizations;
4.2. to request and receive, free of charge from the market surveillance authorities of Council for information;
4.3. to give proposals to the Minister of Economics of market surveillance;
4.4. creation of a working group in an advisory capacity to assess specific issues and proposals.
5. The President of the Council is the representative of the Ministry of the economy. Deputy Chairman of the Council's consumer protection Center representative. Council in the absence of the President, his duties shall be the Deputy Chairman of the Council.
6. the Council shall consist of a single authorized representative from the following national institutions: 6.1. Ministry of the economy;
6.2. The Ministry of health;
6.3. the Ministry of welfare;
6.4. The Ministry of agriculture;
6.5. The Ministry of transport;
6.6. The Ministry of environment;
6.7. the consumer protection centre;
6.8. The State revenue service's main customs administration;
6.9. The State revenue service tax administration;
6.10. The food and veterinary service of sanitary border inspection;
6.11. the national pharmaceutical inspection;
6.12. the national sanitary inspection;
6.13. the State Labour Inspectorate;
6.14. National Environment services;
6.15. the national būvinspekcij;
6.16. the health statistics and medical technologies State Agency;
6.17. the national inspectorates of the prov.
7. The President of the Council shall: 7.1. Approves the Council's agenda;
7.2. convene and chair the meetings of the Council;
7.3. the signature of the minutes of meetings and other documents;
7.4. decision on expert and specialist, as well as business and consumer representatives during the sessions of the Council.
8. The current President of the Council shall be convened at least once every three months. Extraordinary Council meeting shall be convened by the President of the Council after at least five Council members.
9. the agenda of the Council can include issues by the President of the Council or Council members, as well as entrepreneurs, representatives of consumers and other stakeholders.
10. the Council are valid if they participate in the hearing not less than half of the Board members.
11. the Council decisions, the open vote, with Council members present a simple majority. If the vote splits equal, the Chairman of the Board shall have a casting vote.
12. the minutes of the Council. The Council recorded in the agenda and decisions, as well as notes the persons participating in the meeting, and the people who commented on the matter.
13. the functions of the Secretary of the Council made by the representative of the Ministry of the economy, which designate the Minister of Economic Affairs.
14. The Secretary of the Board shall draw up the Council meeting agenda and materials, institutional results ensure the progress and the meetings of the Council at least five days before the Council meeting shall send to the members of the Council meeting agenda and documents.
15. Seven working days following the Council meeting the Secretary of the Board shall send a copy of the minutes of the sitting of the Council for all members of the Council, as well as the decisions of the Council shall forward to all interested institutions and officials.
16. Be declared unenforceable in the Cabinet of 12 December 2000, the provisions of no. 429 "market surveillance Council Charter" (Latvian journal, 2000, 454./457.nr.).
17. This provision referred to in paragraph 6.14. National Environment services for creating a Council composed of the State Environment Inspectorate's authorized representative.
Prime Minister i. Emsis economic Minister j. lujans Editorial Note: the entry into force of the provisions to 13 November 2004.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia