Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/96796
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 936 in Riga 2004 November 16 (Mon. No 66 26) tourism development agency's Regulations Issued in accordance with the law of public agencies 8. the third paragraph of article i. General questions 1. Tourism Development Agency (hereinafter the Agency) is the Minister of economy under the national monitoring authority.
2. the Agency set up to implement the national tourist development policy.
II. Agency functions, tasks and rights 3. the Agency shall have the following functions: 3.1. ensure Latvian tourism development policy;
3.2. implement in Latvia and abroad tourism advertising and public relations measures as well as measures to promote tourism products;
3.3. introducing public-private partnership in tourism development projects;
3.4. to raise financial resources for tourism development.
4. in order to implement certain functions, the Agency shall undertake the following tasks: 4.1 develop proposals to improve the laws and tourism development;
4.2. domestic and international tourism market promoting tourism opportunities in Latvia;
4.3. organized by the Latvian tourist service provider business (a company) and the Organization of participation in international tourism fairs;
4.4. exploring local and international tourism market;
4.5. in cooperation with the tourist service providers (commercial companies) to economic operators and organizations to implement tourism development incentives;
4.6. developing tourism development projects support the implementation and participating in them;
4.7. create and maintain Latvian tourism service provider business (company) database and the Latvian Tourism Portal on the internet;
4.8. tourism Fund there and proceed with them;
4.9. to support the development of tourism activities of tourism brought in by the Fund would be used for the purpose;
4.10. provides legal and physical persons, information and advice on matters within the competence of the Agency;
4.11. The Latvian tourism provides information services to economic operators (companies) on how tourists to act in emergency situations in Latvia or abroad.
5. the Agency shall have the following rights: 5.1. to request and receive, free of charge from the national regulatory authorities, as well as the laws and regulations in the order of natural and legal persons for the functions of the Agency the necessary information;
5.2. publish informational materials and provide information to the media on the Agency's competence issues;
5.3. organize and manage seminars and conferences;
5.4. call in experts to carry out the Agency's operational tasks;
5.5. the charge for public services provided by the Agency.
III. Agency structure and governance 6. Agency headed by the Director of the Agency. The Director recruiting and dismissal of Economy Minister. The Director of the Agency to fulfil the public administration Act and the public facilities of the statutory agency direct administration functions.
7. the Director of the Agency can be alternates.
8. in order to implement these provisions aim and perform certain functions, the Agency is empowered to create a territorial unit.
9. the representative of the Department and the Agency shall set up and their competence is determined by the Director of the Agency.
IV. Agency Advisory Council 10. To encourage Governments, cooperation in the field of tourism development, Minister of Economic Affairs shall establish the Agency's Advisory Board (hereinafter the Board).
11. the Advisory Council shall operate in accordance with the Statute of the Council.
12. The Board's task is to analyze the results of the activities of the Agency and to provide the Economic Minister and the Agency opinions and proposals on the Agency's medium-term development strategy and operational improvement.
13. the meetings of the Board shall be entitled to participate in the Agency's Director or his authorized representative.
14. the work of the Council to ensure the Agency's facilities.
V. Agency assets and financial resources 15. the Agency's financial resources shall consist of: 15.1 the General grants from the general revenue;
15.2. revenue for paid services rendered by the Agency;
15.3. donations and gifts;
15.4. foreign financial assistance.
16. the Agency with its possession passed to the Act public law agency in article 16.
17. the Agency Act on the budget and financial management in the order with the permission of the Minister of Finance has the right to take loans and to conclude the leasing (leasing) agreements. Prior authorization of the Minister of finance transactions that the documentation prepared by the Agency with the Ministry of economy.
Vi. Activities of the Agency in ensuring the rule of law and the reporting of Agency staff decisions and actual action may be challenged, submitting the application the Agency Director.
19. The Agency Director to succeed administrative provisions and actual action may be challenged in the Ministry of the economy. The economic Ministry's decisions are subject to judicial review.
20. the Agency at least once a year, provide to the Minister of Economics report on the Agency's functions and the use of budget resources management in accordance with the procedure laid down in the Treaty and within the time limit.
VII. final question 21. Be declared unenforceable in the Cabinet of 27 august 2002, Regulation No 387 "tourism development agency's rules" (Latvian journal, 2002, 121. No; 2003, nr. 63).
Prime Minister i. Emsis economic Minister j. lujans Editorial Note: rules shall enter into force on 24 November 2004.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia