Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/96788
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 945 Riga 2004 November 16 (Mon. No 66 42) national forest service regulation Issued in accordance with the law of public administration facilities 16. the first paragraph of article i. General question 1. National Forest Service (hereinafter service) are under the supervision of the Minister of agriculture existing direct regulatory authority.
II. the functions, tasks and competences 2. Has the following functions: 2.1 to monitor forest management and use (hunting) regulatory compliance with laws;
2.2. to stop and prevent the use of forest management and regulatory laws;
2.3. to participate in the national forest policy development and implementation;
2.4. to participate in European Union agricultural guarantee and guidance fund rural development support in the design and implementation of measures;
2.5. other regulations in certain functions.
3. in order to ensure the performance of functions under the competence of the service performs the following tasks: 3.1 evaluate forest management and use of regulatory legislation and the effectiveness of the operations of the Ministry of Agriculture presented proposals on measures to increase the effectiveness of their activities;
3.2. participate in forest management and use of the laws governing the development of the project;
3.3. is administered by national and international support programmes financed forestry;
3.4. specific regulations issued permits, certificates, licences, certificates and other documents;
3.5. attesting the basic material and certified forest reproductive material;
3.6. carry out forest monitoring and forest of the pathological condition monitoring;
3.7. checking the forest inventory data quality;
3.8. the round forest national register;
3.9. hunters and hunting will be examined and issued by the heads of the Hunter or hunting licence;
3.10 organized forest fire monitoring and limitation of fire;
3.11. inform the public about the forest and hunting and the use of resources;
3.12. managing the forests long term research scientific research in forestry;
3.13. inform and advise forest owners on forestry issues and relevant legislative requirements;
3.14. the game accounts and administer hunting farms;
3.15. at the request of the Ministry of agriculture shall give opinions on other institutions all policy planning documents and draft legislation by professional competence matters;
3.16. National behalf by private business, necessary to ensure the operation of the service;
3.17. the laws and regulations in the order collaborates with the other national regulatory authorities;
3.18. decisions, opinions, draw up legislation and protocols, materials for law violations related to the management and use of forests;
3.19. representing national interests in other institutions;
3.20. provide paid services;
3.21. the laws and carry out other tasks.
4. Has the following rights: 4.1 external laws and cases, to request and receive, free of charge from the people and institutions of professional tasks required for the implementation of the information and documents;
4.2. to cooperate with foreign public administration institutions, international and non-governmental organizations, their representatives and experts;
4.3. implementation of other legal rights.
III. structure and competence of officials 5. Service led by the Director-General of the service. The Director-General of the service after the approval of the nomination of the Cabinet of Ministers is appointed and released from Office by the Minister of agriculture.
6. the Director-General of the National Service Administration equipment Act direct authorities managerial functions.
7. the divisional structure, functions, tasks and work organisation is determined by the rules of procedure of the unit.
8. the unit shall be approved by the Director-General of the service.
9. the Director-General may be alternates. Deputy Director-General the Director-General of the service competence.
10. the Director-General appointed territorial unit of the service managers (virsmežziņ and directors).
11. Another territorial unit of the service of officials appointed by the respective Department Manager (virsmežzin or Director).
IV. activities of the service provision of the rule of law and the review of the functions of the service and the use of funds 12. Service activities are provided by the Director-General of the Justice Department. The Director-General shall be responsible for the management decisions for the creation and operation of the system.
13. the administrative acts issued and actual action individuals can challenge and appeal to the national forest service law and administrative procedure law.
14. the service not less frequently than once a year, provide to the Minister a report for the Ministry of service functions and services of the State budget allocated to the funds.
15. the Minister of Agriculture has the right at any time to request a review of the operation of the service.
Prime Minister i. Emsis Minister of Agriculture m. Roze Editorial Note: rules shall enter into force on 24 November 2004.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia