Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/97051
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 964 Riga 2004 23 November (pr. 67 5) food labeling rules Issued under the food surveillance article 13 of the law third, consumer protection law, article 21, first paragraph and article 7 of the law of advertising the second part i. General questions 1. determine the General Latvian distributable food labelling.
2. Other food industry regulatory rules apply, if they contain certain additional requirements for the labelling of certain food products and advertising requirements, their content, design or distribution arrangements.
3. it is prohibited to distribute food items that do not meet the requirements of this regulation.
4. monitoring of respect of these rules according to the competency out food and veterinary service.
II. Marking the location 5. Bulk food product labelling is clearly visible on the packaging or in the primary food item added to the label. The label information provided is easily understood and visible, clearly legible and indelible. Pre-packaged food items have any intended for consumption and sale in a separate primary packaging packaged food items. Primary packaging food products include fully or partially so that its contents cannot be accessed without opening or changing the primary packaging.
6. the information provided for in the rules, you can specify only the grocery on the accompanying documents, if the documents are sent along with food items, have been sent previously or are delivered to the delivery of the goods. On secondary packaging in such a case the groceries trade name, minimum or final expiration date, the manufacturer's name, address and, if necessary, storage mode, where: 6.1. in the case of food items are intended for the consumer, but goods are sold wholesale to the consumer before offering (excluding multiple-company related to the public such as catering, canteens, restaurants, and hospitals);
6.2. in the case of food items intended for preparation, multiple processing, splitting or cutting up;
6.3. the food items are offered to the consumer or for multiple users in bulk. In this case, offering the goods to the consumer, the next food item adds the information about the trade name and the minimum or the final expiry date;
6.4. food items in the store are packed for immediate sale or consumer in the amounts indicated therein. In this case, the food item adds the information about the trade name, minimum or definitive validity period and the net weight or volume (if the food items are packed for immediate sale).
7. On the glass bottles intended for reuse which are indelibly marked, but not the label, label or cover, as well as on the primary container where its maximum surface area of less than 10 cm2, only the groceries trade name, the net weight or volume and minimum or final expiration date.
8. food product trade name, the net weight or volume and an indication of the minimum or final expiration date, as well as the alcohol content of beverages with an alcohol content of more than 1.2% vol. to point in one view, the except this provision in paragraph 7.
III. Information on the labelling of foodstuffs 9. Food label information, as well as the method used for marking must not mislead the consumer as to the nature of food items, identity, properties, composition, quantity, durability, origin or method of production.
10. Food label information, as well as the method used for marking food item may not ascribe such characteristics or the impact it had, as well as to create the impression that the food item has specific features, if such features have all the food items.
11. Food label information, as well as the method used for marking (subject to legislation governing the requirements for natural mineral water and spring water, as well as foods for groups of consumers with special dietary requirements) food item do not attribute the therapeutic (curative) or disease prevention properties.
12. These rules 9, 10 and 11, the prohibition referred to in paragraph mislead the consumer also applies to food advertising and presentation — especially the goods and packaging, the appearance of the shape, packaging and materials used, as well as the way the grocery outlets in the layout
13. Food Label groceries for the party in accordance with the provisions of chapter IV.
14. multiple products for the consumer and food commodity marking indicates the following: 14.1. food commodities trade name in accordance with the provisions of chapter V;
14.2. components of foodstuffs in accordance with the provisions of Chapter VI;
14.3. a certain food items or ingredients of components quantity in accordance with Chapter VII of these rules;
14.4. the net weight or volume for prepackaged food products in accordance with the provisions of Chapter VIII;
14.5. groceries minimum durability date or, if the item is perishable, the final expiry date in accordance with the provisions of chapter IX;
14.6. the specific food items in storage or usage rules, if it is necessary to observe the following rules to ensure the correct use of food items;
14.7. European Union registered manufacturer, packer or importer's name and address;
9.2. details of food goods the place of origin, where the lack of such information, the consumer may encounter misleading picture of the true place of origin of food goods;
9.3. a detailed food product instructions, if necessary;
14.10. beverages with an alcohol content of more than 1.2% vol., the alcohol content in accordance with chapter X of these rules;
14.11. some food items — additional instructions, if necessary in accordance with the provisions of chapter XI;
14.12. food commodities energy and nutritional value, if it is necessary in accordance with the provisions of chapter XII.
IV. The grocery lot reference 15. Grocery lot was produced under identical circumstances, processed or packaged food product intended for the trade unit of the group. Groceries and the specified type to be specified by the manufacturer, the manufacturer, packer or importer. Food items at the beginning of the point of the party is the letter "L", if the indication on the label is not clearly separated from the other.
16. Pre-packaged food items on the party primary packaging or food product labels, but the added bulk food items — to a secondary container or dish, or, if not, the relevant accompanying documents.
17. Food commodities may not specify the lot: 17.1. agricultural products after the acquisition: 17.1.1. sold or delivered to temporary storage, preparation or packaging stations;
17.1.2. transported to food businesses;
17.1.3. collected, handled or processed immediately;
17.2. If the food items: 17.2.1. in the case of;
17.2.2. packed the store specified by the consumer;
17.2.3. packed in the store for immediate sale;
17.3. If the food items or primary packaging containers the largest surface of less than 10 cm2;
17.4. the individual portions of ice cream;
17.5. If food labelling is not encoded in the minimum or the final indication of the period of validity with the date and month.
V. the grocery trade name indication 18. food product trade name is food industry regulations governing a particular food product name or, if such name is not generally used in Latvia, name, or description of the item of food and, if necessary, its use in the description that is accurate enough to determine the type of food product and that product can be identified.
19. izplatāmaj food items in the you can specify the trade name used by a Member State of the European Union, in which food items produced. If this provision of the information referred to in paragraph 14 does not provide the possibility for the consumer to distinguish the food item, the next trade name indicates additional information.
20. The provisions referred to in paragraph 19 of the trade name may not be used, if the Member State of the European Union produced food items of composition or method of manufacture differs significantly from what the food item with the same name recognizes in Latvia, trade name and additional information added does not ensure an adequate level of consumer awareness.
21. food product trade name may not be replaced by a trade mark, brand name or conditional ("mod") for the name.
22. food product trade name shall contain appropriate indication or name supplemented with news about groceries physical condition or specific processing (for example, powdered, frozen, deep-frozen, concentrated, smoked), if due to lack of such information could mislead the consumer.
23. Any ionizing radiation processed food product label says "irradiated" or "treated with ionizing radiation".
Vi. Food ingredient reference
24. Food ingredient is any substance (including additives) that are used in the food or in the production process and the final product is also modified. Food items in the list of ingredients shall indicate all groceries ingredients in descending order of weight, as they are registered in the food production process. Components whose content in the final product is less than 2%, you can specify a different sequence, but behind the other ingredients. Before the food items in the list of ingredients must include a reference that contains the word "ingredients" ("composition").
25. Alcoholic beverages shall indicate only the components that are listed in annex 1 of these rules. References in the beginning is the word "Content", and then followed by the name of the ingredient. This indication is not necessary when the ingredient, giving the trade name is specified in the list of ingredients or the food product trade name.
26. food product ingredients name indicates, citing its trade name in accordance with the provisions of chapter V.
27. This provision listed in annex 2 of food ingredients may only specify the group name.
28. The rules referred to in annex 3 food ingredients (food additives) specifies the name of the group concerned and the name of the food additive (E) or international number. If food ingredient (food additive) belongs to multiple groups, specify the name of the group that corresponds to the food product ingredients (food additives) to the main function of a given food item.
29. flavourings points, using the word ' Flavouring (s) ", the name of the flavouring or flavourings in providing the description. If the food items in the production of flavourings used or quinine, caffeine, their name indicates the list of ingredients immediately after the word "flavouring".
30. The word "natural" or any other Word with the same meaning may be used only if: 30.1. flavourings contain flavouring substances obtained by physical (distillation, solvent extraction) enzymatic or microbiological processes from raw or traditional treatment (drying, heat treatment, fermentation) products of vegetable or animal origin;
30.2. flavourings contain flavouring preparations, concentrated or focused product with flavouring properties, which is not a specific chemical substance obtained physical (distillation, solvent extraction) enzymatic or microbiological processes from raw or traditional treatment (drying, heat treatment, fermentation) products of vegetable or animal origin.
31. when indicating the flavouring contains a reference to the substance of plant or animal origin, the word "natural" or any other Word with the same meaning must not be used unless the flavouring component has been isolated by the food or the flavouring ingredients using physical (distillation, solvent extraction) enzymatic or microbiological techniques or traditional cooking techniques.
32. If the food component is more complex ingredients, its elements considered food product ingredients. Complex components can include food items in the list of ingredients, showing the components of a complex trade name when followed by complex components of the item list. The element list is not required if: 32.1. other food industry regulatory laws are specific components of complex composition and its content in the final product is less than 2%;
32.2. the complex part is a spice or mixtures of plants (herbs) and its content in the final product is less than 2%;
32.3. complex ingredient is a food item, which, in accordance with the food business regulatory laws do not specify components.
33. added water and volatile products shall be indicated according to their weight in the finished product. The amount of water added as an ingredient in a food item, calculated by subtracting from the total quantity of the finished product the rest of the ingredients. The amount of water can be ignored if it does not exceed 5% of the finished product weight.
34. added water does not indicate if it is used in the production process only a concentrated or dehydrated ingredients for the recovery of the original form, or as a liquid medium which is not normally used for human consumption.
35. Food ingredients used in concentrated or dehydrated form and that the original shape is recovered in the production process, you can specify the order of mass, as set before the concentration or dehydration.
36. the concentrated or dehydrated foodstuff to which the original form shall be recovered by adding water, the ingredients may be indicated on the product diluted in proportions, if the food product is added to the list of ingredients, the words "of the diluted product" or "ready for use" of the product ingredients.
37. If food products fruit, mushrooms or vegetables used as ingredients and their proportions vary, and none of them are relevant for the most part, the list of ingredients indicate the common name "fruit", "mushrooms" or "vegetables", the words "in variable proportion" and added fruit, mushroom or vegetable list. In this case, the mixture according to paragraph 24 of these rules shall be included in the list of ingredients, taking into account the fruit, mushroom or vegetable total mass.
38. A spice or mixtures of plants (herbs), with no spices or any plant (herb) is not relevant for the most part, components may not be indicated in descending order of weight if food ingredients list is supplemented by explanation, for example, with the words "in variable proportion".
39. If the food items used in the production or preparation of the ingredients, which is less than 2% and they are similar to or interchangeable, and it does not change the nature or composition of the expected value, then the list of ingredients ingredients indicated by the words "Content. and/or ". This indication is required when at least one ingredient, but not more than two ingredients is present in the final product. These requirements shall not apply to additives or to ingredients listed in annex 1 of these rules.
40. Food ingredients may not specify: 24.9. fresh fruit and vegetables, including potatoes, which have not been peeled, cut or similarly treated;
40.2. the carbonated water, if the label indicates that it is aerated;
40.3. fermented Vinegars derived from a single basic product, if it is not added to other ingredients;
40.4. cheese, butter, fermented milk and cream (if you have not been added to the other ingredients, except milk products, enzymes and cheese making requires a culture of micro-organisms, or the salt needed for the manufacture of cheese (except for melted cheese and fresh cheese));
25.2. the food items that are just one ingredient if the food product trade name is identical with the ingredient name or enables the accurate identification of ingredients.
41. the food ingredients are not considered: 25.5. groceries single component items which are temporarily separated the manufacturing process and later reintroduced, not exceeding the initial amount;
41.2. additives: 41.2.1. located in a given food item just because of the food product ingredients and fulfil a technological function in the finished product;
41.2.2. used as processing AIDS;
41.3. substances used in the quantities of solvent or the environment food additives;
25.7. substances which are not additives but are used in the same way or as processing AIDS, and the final product, which is also modified.
42. If this rule 41.2., 41.3. in paragraph 25.7, and substances derived from ingredients listed in annex 1 of these regulations, they are used in the manufacture of food products and are also present in the final product, the redesigned form, the substances considered as food materials and ingredients be indicated on the labelling, the name of which they were acquired.
43. These rules 27, 28, 29, 32 and 39. the cases referred to in the list of ingredients indicate the components referred to in annex 1 to these rules or are derived from them, and applied to food production and is present in the final product, also transformed way. This indication is not required if the food product trade name clearly indicated where relevant.
VII. Specific food ingredients or of components quantity indication 44. Food component or group of components is given food product trade name, next to the name in the list of ingredients or in the respective component or group of components, where: 44.1. the relevant component or group of components is called food product trade name or in a name under which the consumer usually associate the food item;
44.2. the labelling in words, pictures or graphical symbols are highlights of the component or group of components;
44.3. the ingredient or component group is characteristic of the foodstuff and to distinguish it from other food items that have a similar name or appearance.
45. the labelling shall indicate the food component or group of components of the percentages established in the food production process.
46. the food component or group of components quantity in the list of ingredients may not specify: 46.1. the following food components and groups of components: 46.1.1. net weight of which is indicated in accordance with this provision and paragraph 48.80 or specify which procedure is laid down in the labelling of other food industry regulatory laws;
46.1.2. used in small quantities only as flavourings;
46.1.3. which is mentioned in the groceries trade name, but does not determine consumer choice because they do not have the essential characteristics of the food or the food product is not different from other similar goods;
28.7. If other food industry regulatory legislation is precisely the appropriate component or group of components quantity merchandise and food does not require the indication of it on the label.
VIII. For pre-packed food net indication of mass or volume 47. Bulk grocery net mass or volume indicate the volume of units (litres, centilitres or millilitres) fluid or mass units (kilograms or grams) other food products, if the other food industry regulatory laws otherwise.
48. If other food industry regulatory legislation, the need to specify food items, such as mass nominal, minimum or average mass, it constitutes a net mass of these rules.
49. If the food item: solid-liquid medium is sold, the label also shows the net weight of the solids. Liquid environment is water, saline solution, marinade, food acids, vinegar solution, in the solution cukurūden, the other saldviel solutions, fruit or vegetable juices, if they are served fruit or vegetables that can be mixed, as well as frozen or quick-frozen environment if the only function of the liquid is the environment, and it does not determine consumer choice.
50. If a prepackaged food item consists of two or more prepackaged items with the same quantity of the product concerned, indicating the net weight of each unit or volume, and the number of units. This information can not be specified if individual units are clearly visible, and, from the outside and at least one indication of the net mass of the individual units or volume is visible from the outside.
51. If a prepackaged food item consists of two or more units, each individual is not considered to be a commercial entity, indicate the appropriate food items total net mass or volume and number of units.
52. If the food items are usually sold by the number of units, the net weight or volume on the primary packaging does not specify if the number of units is clearly visible, and, from the outside or the number of units specified in the marking.
53. The net weight or volume can not be specified: 53.1. If the food items are subject to a significant loss of mass or volume, and are enforced by number or weighed in the presence of the consumer;
53.2. If the net weight of the food product is less than five grams or net volume is less than five milliliters (except the spices and herbs (herbs)).
IX. Food expiration date reference 54. Minimum durability date is the date by which food items keep their specific standardized features, provided that you comply with the storage mode. Food labelling goods indicate minimum durability starts with the words "best before ..." when the date or "best before end … ' (in other cases) and specify a date or a reference to the place where the label is the date.
55. If necessary, the label indicates the storage mode that must be followed to food items stored in the specified period of their specific standardized features.
56. points for groceries date of minimum durability in chronological order and in uncoded form indicate the day, month, and year, but if the food product the date of minimum durability: 56.1. not more than three months, you can specify only the day and month;
56.2. of more than three months, but not longer than 18 months, may indicate only month and year;
56.3. in over 18 months, you can specify only a year.
57. The final expiration date is the date until which the foodstuff may be used, provided that you comply with the storage mode. Food products that perishable and therefore already in a short period can cause immediate harm to human health, the ultimate indication of validity begins with the words "use by ...", as well as specify a date or a reference to where the date is given. In that case, the label says what food items in storage mode.
58. Food items the final expiry date indicated in chronological order and in uncoded form indicate the day, month and year, if needed.
59. The minimum and the final validity can not be specified: 59.1. fresh fruit and vegetables, including potatoes, which have not been peeled, cut or processed (except grains, legumes bean sprouts seedlings or other similar bean sprouts products);
59.2. vol, wines, sparkling wines and aromatised wines, as well as similar drinks from fruits and berries, and beverages that meet the Latvian goods CN code 2206 00 39, 2206 00 59 and 2206 00 89 and manufactured from grapes or grape must;
59.3. beverages containing 10 or more% vol. alcohol;
59.4. soft drinks, fruit juices, fruit Nectars and alcoholic beverages in containers having a capacity of more than five litres and intended for multiple users;
59.5. bread and bakery products that perishable ingredients and which are normally used for 24 hours after production;
37.1. the cooking salt;
59.8. sugar in solid form;
59.9. confectionary, consisting mainly of flavoured or coloured sugars;
59.10. chewing gum and similar chewing products;
59.11. ice cream servings.
X. indication vol. 60. Alcohol content is denoted by "...% vol." (prior to that point may be the word "alcohol" or the abbreviation "Desire.") and given to not more than one decimal place.
61. The labelling of beverages containing more than 1.2% vol. of alcohol content (except drinks which comply with the goods CN code 2204 and 2205), indicates the alcohol content of tilpumprocento determined at a temperature of 20 ° C, with the following tolerances: 61.1. beer, in which the alcohol content not exceeding 5.5% vol. and beverages that meet the Latvian goods CN code 2206 00 59 and 2206 00 89 and is produced from grapes — 0.5% vol.;
61.2. beer, in which alcohol content exceeding 5.5% vol. and beverages that meet the Latvian goods CN code 2206 00 39 and is produced from grapes, as well as apple cider, Perry, fruit wine and similar carbonated and non carbonated beverages from other fruits and berries, except grapes, and drinks made from fermented honey, 1% vol.;
38.1. beverages containing soaked fruit or parts of plants: 1.5% vol.;
61.4. other beverages — 0.3% vol..
XI. Additional instructions for individual food commodity marking 62. labelling of certain food products must have the following additional indications: 62.1. "packed in aizsargatmosfēr": If the food items packaged using packaging gases;
62.2. "With sweetener (s)" directly behind the groceries trade name — foodstuffs containing sweeteners (s);
38.7. "with sugar (s) and sweetener (s)" directly behind the groceries trade name: food products containing sugar (s) and sweetener (s);
38.8. "contains a source of phenylalanine" — food products containing aspartame (artificial sweeteners);
62.5. "excessive use may cause diarrhoea": food products, which is more than 10% added polyols;
38.9. "high caffeine content" (on the label in the same field of vision with the groceries trade name) — beverages that are intended for consumption without modification, or is acquired by or concentrated powdery product dilution and containing caffeine concentrations more than 150 mg/l. Behind the brackets indicate the caffeine content expressed in milligrams per 100 ml. 63. Those provisions indicate 38.9. referred to may not add drink produced from coffee or tea, or coffee or tea extract where the groceries trade name includes the word "coffee" or "tea".
64. Confectionery or beverages, which added to the Glycyrrhizic acid or its ammonium salt, or lakricsakn of glycyrrhiza glabra and containing glycyrrhizinic acid or its ammonium salt concentrations more than 100 mg/kg or 10 mg/l, immediately after the ingredient list indicates "contains liquorice", except when the word "licorice" already included in the list of ingredients or the food product trade name. If the ingredient list on the food item is not shown, the words ' contains liquorice ' specifies the next food product trade name.
65. Bakery products, which added to the Glycyrrhizic acid or its ammonium salt, or lakricsakn of glycyrrhiza glabra and containing glycyrrhizinic acid or its ammonium salt concentrations more than 4 g/kg, behind the ingredient list indicates "Contents of licorice. People with high blood pressure should avoid overuse of ". If the food item on the list of ingredients does not indicate that these words indicate the next food product trade name.
66. The drinks, which added to the Glycyrrhizic acid or its ammonium salt, or lakricsakn of glycyrrhiza glabra and containing glycyrrhizinic acid or its ammonium salt concentrations more than 50 mg/l, or beverages with alcohol content of more than 1.2% vol.: 300 mg/l, behind the ingredient list indicates "Contents of licorice. People with high blood pressure should avoid overuse of ". If the food item on the list of ingredients does not indicate that these words indicate the next food product trade name.
XII. the energy value of food and nutrition claim 67. Food commodities energy and nutrition reference contains information about the goods in question are energy and protein, carbs, fats, sodium, fiber, as well as the rules referred to in annex 4 of the vitamins and minerals, if it is important, in the light of the rules referred to in annex 4 of the recommended daily intake.
68. communication on food items special energy and nutritional value is any labelling or advertising graphic or text information provided directly or indirectly indicates that the food item has a specific energy value (food items provide specific energy (calories), give it to reduce or increase the quantity or not provided at all) or special nutrition (food items contain some nutrients, reduce or increase the quantity of content or not at all).
69. If the food business regulatory laws for certain food items specify information about the presence or quantity of nutrients, this indication is not considered a special energy and nutrition.
70. If you provide notice of food items special energy and nutritional value, food labelling is required for energy and nutrition.
71. the energy value of foodstuffs and nutrition claims (if any) provide the following information: 71.1. food energy and protein (protein content calculated using the Kjeldahl method, determine the total amount of nitrogen in the substance multiplied by 6.25), carbohydrates (any carbohydrates (sugar polyols — also derivatives containing aldehīdgrup or karbonilgrup has been replaced with a hydroxyl) that is processed (metabolised) in the human body) and fat (all lipid also, phospholipids) content in foodstuffs;
71.2. food energy and protein, carbohydrate, sugars (all Monosaccharides and disaccharides present in food, located except polyols) fat, saturated fatty acids (fatty acids without dubultsait), fiber (plant carbohydrates that enzymes (enzymes) in the human body can not split) and sodium content in foods.
72. If this rule 68, paragraph statement on food items special energy and nutritional value refers to sugars, saturated fatty acids, fibre or sodium, the energy value of foodstuffs and nutrition claims providing these rules in 71.2. the information referred to in the subparagraph.
73. the energy value of foodstuffs and nutrition can provide additional information on the starch, polyols, monounsaturated fatty acids (fatty acids with one cisdubultsait), polyunsaturated fatty acids (fatty acids with two or more cisdubultsait rooms, among which metilēngrup is located), cholesterol, the rules referred to in annex 4 of vitamins or minerals to foods, if the nutrients in it represent at least 15% of the provisions laid down in annex 4 recommended daily dose 100 g or 100 ml of the , or in a single package, if the package contains only a single portion.
74. If the notice of the special food energy value and nutritional content information about the 71 and 73 of the rules referred to in paragraph nutrients or their components, foodstuffs the labelling shall provide information on the substances in question or their components.
75. If the energy value of food product and nutrition information is for monounsaturated fatty acids and polyunsaturated fatty acids, or the quantity and/or cholesterol ratio, labelling shall also indicate the amount of saturated fatty acids. Such a quantity of saturated fatty acids is considered to indicate the specific energy and nutrition.
76. the labelling of the foodstuffs maximum energy value shall be calculated using the following factors: 76.1. carbohydrate (except polyols) 4 kcal/g or 17 kJ/g;
polyols 2.4 kcal 76.2. —/g or 10 kJ/g;
76.3. protein 4 kcal/g — 17 kJ/g or;
76.4. fat 9 kcal/g — 37 kJ/g or;
76.5. alcohol (ethanol) 7 kcal/g or 29 kJ/g;
47.6. organic acids — 3 kcal/g or 13 kJ/g-6 47.7. salatrim. kcal/g or 25 kJ/g. 77. Food energy value and nutrients and the quantity of the component label indicates the numerical using the following units: 77.1. the energy value-kilodžoul and kilokalorij (kJ and kcal);
77.2. proteins, carbohydrates, fat, fiber and sodium, grams (g);
77.3. cholesterol, milligrams (mg);
77.4. vitamins and minerals — these rules referred to in annex 4 of the unit.
78. If the food item nutrition is information on sugars and/or polyols and/or starch, carbohydrates quantities after the information about the specified nutrients referred to: "... g carbohydrate: sugar, ... g polyols — starch g — … … g".
79. If the food item nutrition is information on fatty acids (or type) or cholesterol, behind information on the total amount of fat indicates that nutrients: "fat ... g of which: saturated fatty acids: … g Mono-unsaturates — ... (g) polyunsaturated fatty acids: ... (g) cholesterol: ... mg".
80. the energy and nutritional value is attributed to the 100 g or 100 ml of the food items depending on the way in which it is sold. This information can be attributed to the specified portion of the label, if the chunk is indicated on the label, or food item according to its preparation for consumption, if the labelling contains detailed instructions for the preparation of the product concerned.
81. Information on vitamins and minerals shall also indicate the percentage of these rules referred to in annex 4 recommended daily dose (you can also specify a graphic).
82. the labelling shall indicate the average nutritional value food goods, which shows the amount of nutrients in the food item and laid down on the basis of: the producer 82.1. food commodities analysis;
82.2. the food product ingredients known or recognised average usage calculations;
82.3. certain general and make use of the size calculations.
83. the food energy value and nutrition label says in one place in the table, if possible, place the numbers under other (column). If the site does not provide a linear information.
84. This chapter shall not apply to natural mineral spring waters and food supplements.
XIII. concluding issues 85. The entry into force of the provisions by 25 November 2004.
86. by 19 May 2006 has allowed to realize the food items that are not marked according to this provision, 65 and 66 64. the requirements referred to in paragraph 1. Starting with the 2006 May 20, food items, which are not marked according to this provision, 65 and 66 64. the requirements referred to in paragraph 1, in Latvia authorised to be marketed, provided that the food items were produced before 20 May 2006.
87. To 2005 November 24 be allowed to realize the food items that are not marked according to the requirements of this regulation if the Cabinet on 23 March 2004, regulations No 150 "food labelling rules ' requirements that were in force before the entry into force of the rules. Starting with the November 25, 2005, the food items that are not marked according to the requirements of these regulations, but subject to the Cabinet on 23 March 2004, Regulation No 150 "food labelling regulations", in Latvia authorised to be marketed, provided that the food items are manufactured and marked before 25 November 2005.
88.64. These provisions, paragraph 65 and 66 shall enter into force on the 20 May 2005.
89. Be declared unenforceable in the Cabinet of 23 March 2004, Regulation No 150 "food labelling rules" (Latvian journal, 2004, no. 48).
Informative reference to European Union directives, the regulations include provisions resulting from: 1) of the Commission of 15 April 1987 directives 87/250/EEC on the indication of alcoholic strength by volume in the labelling of alcoholic beverages for sale to the ultimate consumer;
2) Council of 14 June 1989 directive 89/396/EC on indications or marks identifying the lot to which a foodstuff belongs;
3) Council of 24 September 1990 directive 90/496/EEC on nutrition labelling for foodstuffs;
4) Council of 22 April 1991 Directive 91/238/EC, amending Directive 89/396/EEC on indications or marks identifying the lot to which a foodstuff belongs;
5) Council of 3 March 1992 Directive 92/11/EC amending Directive 89/396/EEC on indications or marks identifying the lot to which a foodstuff belongs;
6) Commission of 18 November 1994, Directive 94/54/EC concerning the compulsory indication on the labelling of certain food products that are not provided for in Council Directive 79/112/EEC;
7) Council of 29 March 1996 of Directive 96/21/EC, amending Directive 94/54/EC concerning the compulsory indication on the labelling of certain foodstuffs of particulars other than those provided for in Directive 79/112/EEC;
8) of the European Parliament and of the Council of 20 March 2000 Directive 2000/13/EC on the approximation of the laws of the Member States relating to the labelling, presentation and advertising of foodstuffs;
9) Commission of 26 November 2001, Directive 2001/101/EC of the European Parliament and the Council amending Directive 2000/13/EC on the approximation of the laws of the Member States relating to the labelling, presentation and advertising;
10) Commission of 18 July 2002 Directive 2002/67/EC on the existence of foodstuffs containing quinine, and of foodstuffs containing caffeine labelling;
11) of the European Parliament and of the Council of 10 November 2003, Directive 2003/89/EC amending Directive 2000/13/EC as regards indication of the ingredients present in foodstuffs;
12) Commission of 5 December 2003 Directive 2003/120/EC, amending Directive 90/496/EEC on nutrition labelling for foodstuffs;
13) Commission April 29, 2004, Directive 2004/77/EC supplementing Directive 94/54/EC on the labelling of foodstuffs containing glycyrrhizinic acid and ammonium salt.
Prime Minister i. Emsis economic Minister j. lujans Editorial Note: the entry into force of the provisions by 25 November 2004.
1. the annex to Cabinet of 23 November 2004, the Regulation No 964 food ingredients that are mandatory labelling No.
Food product ingredients, p.k.
Cereal foods containing gluten (i.e. wheat, rye, barley, oats, spelt, Kamut or their hybridised strains) and products thereof 2.
Crustaceans and products thereof 3.
The eggs and their products 4.
Fish and products thereof 5.
Peanuts and products thereof 6.
Soybeans and products thereof 7.
Milk and products thereof (including lactose) 8.
Nuts: Almonds (Amygdalud communis l.), hazelnut (corylus Avellana), Walnut (Juglans regia), cashew nuts (anacardium Occidentale), pecan (Carya illinoiesis (Wangenh.) K. Koch), Brazil nuts (Bertholleti-exelc), pistachio nut (Pistacia vera), macadamia nut and Queensland nut (Macadami ternifolia) and products thereof 9.
Celery and products thereof 10.
Mustard and products thereof 11.
Sesame seeds and products thereof 12.
Sulphur dioxide and sulphites at concentrations of more than 10 mg/kg or 10 mg/l economic Minister j. lujans annex 2 Cabinet of 23 November 2004, the Regulation No 964 food ingredients, which can only be specified on the label the name of the group, without a trade name no PO box
Food ingredients name group name 1.
Refined oil, except olive oil oil (along with an indication of the origin of the "plant" or "animal" or an indication of a particular plant or animal). Hydrogenated oils also have "hydrogenated" 2.
Refined fats fats (together with an indication of the origin of the "plant" or "animal" or an indication of a particular plant or animal). Hydrogenated fats should also be a "hydrogenated" 3.
Of two or more types of cereals obtained flour mixture to the flour (with descending weight arranged list of cereals used) 4.
Starch and starch modified by physical means or by enzymes (enzymes), starch (along with an indication of the particular plant, if the ingredient in question may contain a glue plant) 5.
All species of fish where the fish are other food commodities and food ingredients product name does not mention specific fish species 6.
All varieties of cheese, cheese or cheese mixture if you have other food commodities and food ingredients product name does not contain the specific variety of cheese cheese 7.
All spices, weighing not more than 2% of the mass of food goods (spices) Spices or spice mix 8.
All herbs or parts of herbs that have a mass of not more than 2% of the mass of food goods herb (herbs) or a mixture of herbs, 9.
All types of gum preparations used as rubber base for chewing gum rubber production base 10.
All types of crushed baked grain products in crumbs, breadcrumbs 11.
All types of sucrose sugar 12.
Anhidrēt (anhydrous) dextrose and dextrose monohydrate dextrose 13.
Glucose syrup and anhidrēt of glucose syrup glucose syrup is 14.
All types of milk protein (caseins, caseinates and whey proteins) and mixtures of milk protein 15.
With different methods of pressing (refined as needed) cocoa butter cocoa butter 16.
All types of wines the wine 17.
Mammals and bird species of skeletal muscles (including the diaphragm and lower jaw muscle, but except for the heart, the tongue and the muscles of the head, Forelegs and hind legs tarsal muscles and tail, as well as mechanically separated meat) which is suitable for human consumption and the natural are connected by those nationals tissues and fat and connective tissue consisting of not more than the following quantities ** if meat is another food ingredient meat and animal species (s) name (s) 17.1.
mammals or species mix in which the predominant ingredients are mammals, if fat does not exceed 25% and connective tissue does not exceed 25% 17.2.
porcine animals if the ingredients in fat does not exceed 30% and the connective tissue does not exceed 25% 17.3.
birds and rabbits, if fat components does not exceed 15% and connective tissue does not exceed 10% of the notes.
1. the connective tissue shall be calculated by taking into account the collagen and meat protein content. Collagen content means the hydroxyproline content multiplied by eight.
2. If the deficiencies referred to in paragraph 17 of the annex maximum fat and connective tissue are exceeded, but all other meat the criteria in the definition are met, then the list of ingredients in addition to the information on the presence of fat and/or connective tissue.
Minister of Economic Affairs j. lujans annex 3 Cabinet of 23 November 2004, the Regulation No 964 food ingredients (food additives), which the label says the name of the Group and the name of the food additive (E) or the international number 1. Antioxidants.
2. Bulking agents.
6. "emulsifying salts (only for processed cheeses and products derived from it).
7. Taste enhancers.
8. a glazing agents.
9. the raising agents.
12. Flour treatment agents.
14. the modified starches (trade name or international (E) there is no need to specify the number, but the designation "modified starch" should be supplemented by an indication of the particular plant, if the modified starches may contain vegetable glue).
15. Anti-caking agent.
17. Anti-foaming agents.
18. the gelling agents.
20. The acid.
21. Acidity regulators.
22. the stabilizers.
Minister of Economic Affairs j. lujans annex 4 Cabinet of 23 November 2004, the Regulation No 964 vitamins and minerals which may be given on the labelling of foodstuffs, and the recommended daily dose.
The name of the Measure-recommended p.k.
unit dose 1.
Μ g vitamin A 2 800.00.
Vitamin D, µ g 5.00 3.
Vitamin E mg 10.00 4.
Vitamin C mg 60.00 5.
Thiamin mg 1.40 6.
Riboflavin mg 1.60 7.
Niacin mg 18.00 8.
Vitamin B6 mg 2.00 9.
Folic acid 10 µ g 200.00.
Μ g vitamin B12 1.00 11.
Biotin mg 0.15 a 12.
Pantothenic acid mg 6.00 13.
Calcium mg 800.00 14.
Phosphorus mg 800.00 15.
Iron mg 16 14.00.
Magnesium mg 17 300.00.
Zinc mg 15.00 18.
Iodine µ g 150.00 economic Minister j. lujans
Search Translated Laws of Latvia