Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/97048
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 968 in Riga in 2004 (23 November. No. 67 16) hazardous waste management regulations Issued by the national agency, in accordance with the law of public agencies in article 8 the third paragraph 1. Hazardous waste management agency (hereinafter Agency) is under the supervision of the Ministry of the environment existing State authority.
2. the Agency's task is to ensure the processing of hazardous waste the country object, incineration, landfill and other infrastructure the country object, as well as radioactive waste and the safe management of nuclear sites.
3. the Agency shall have the following functions: 3.1 collect, Pack, store, process, recycle and disposing radioactive waste;
3.2. transport of radioactive materials and closed sources;
3.3. managing the Salaspils nuclear reactor equipment and nuclear materials;
3.4. ensure elimination and Salaspils nuclear reactor dismantling;
3.5. to collect and analyze information about merchants who create or manage hazardous waste generated or processed types and quantities of waste.
4. in order to ensure the performance of Agency functions: 4.1 management of radioactive waste storage area "Radon", hazardous waste processing public objects, incinerators, landfills, as well as other hazardous waste management state of objects;
4.2. prepare and implement a national investment projects of dangerous and radioactive waste management infrastructure systems;
4.3. participate in national sources of ionizing radiation control programs;
4.4. test the radioactive materials and closed source, as well as provide the necessary studies to carry out these tasks;
4.5. perform radiation monitoring agency owned areas;
4.6. participates in the event of radiological emergency relief by radioactive contaminated territory, vehicles and other objects, as well as decontamination of radioactive object disposal;
4.7. the stored materials reserve doses of power measuring apparatus containing sources of ionising radiation;
4.8. prepare and implement environmental projects;
4.9. According to competence, cooperate with State and local authorities, non-governmental organizations, international institutions, as well as natural and legal persons of the hazardous waste management issues;
4.10. inform the public about the activities of the Agency, the radiation safety arrangements and hazardous waste management;
4.11. gives proposals on the development of hazardous and radioactive waste management;
4.12. provides the following public services: 4. tested material and radioactivity in foodstuffs;
4.12.2. collected, packed, stored, handled, processed, and disposed of radioactive waste and other sources of ionising radiation;
4.12.3. transport of radioactive substances, radioactive waste and closed sources;
4.12.4. collected, stored, handled, transported and disposed of hazardous waste;
4.12.5. tests on personal protective equipment against ionizing radiation;
4.12.6. controls and eliminates local radioactive contamination;
4.12.7. deactivates radioactive polluted territory, objects, special clothes and vehicles;
4.12.8. trained employees perform radiological measurements and provide teaching services.
5. the Agency shall have the following rights: 5.1. legislation in order to request and receive from the public administrations, legal and natural persons for the functions and duties of the Agency required information;
5.2. to provide public services and to charge a fee for them;
5.3. receive donations, donations and foreign financial assistance;
5.4. financial Minister's permission to act on the budget and financial management in order to take loans and commitments. Prior authorization of the Minister of finance agency provisions of the transaction in question into line with the Environment Ministry.
6. the functions of the Agency is carried out in accordance with the Administration Agreement. Management contract with Agency Director switch Environment Minister.
7. the Agency shall be headed by a Director of the Agency to ensure its continuity, efficiency and the rule of law.
8. the Agency with its possession passed to the Act public law agency in article 16.
9. the Agency's financial resources shall consist of: 9.1. State budget grant from the general revenue;
9.2. own revenue;
9.3. donations, gifts and foreign financial assistance.
10. Be declared unenforceable in the Cabinet of Ministers of 23 December 2003, the rules No 737 "radioactive waste management agency regulations state" (Latvian journal, 2003, no. 183).
11. Regulations shall enter into force by 1 January 2005.
Prime Minister i. Emsis Environment Minister r. vējonis Editorial Note: regulations shall enter into force by 1 January 2005.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia