Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/97132
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 962 in 2004 (23 November. No 67 29) national environmental staff regulations Issued pursuant to the public administration Act, article 16 of the equipment the first part i. General questions 1. National environmental service (hereinafter service) under the authority of the Minister of the environment has an existing direct regulatory authority.
2. the aim is to ensure compliance with the laws and regulations of environmental protection and the use of natural resources, as well as to promote conservation of natural resources and the sustainable use of energy.
II. the functions, tasks and responsibilities 3. Has the following functions: 3.1 environmental regulatory laws in order to make the protection of the environment and natural resources State control in the territory of Latvia, the continental shelf and the Baltic Sea economic zone of the Republic of Latvia;
3.2. the regulatory laws in order to control fishing which is carried out by the Latvian fishing vessels of the Member States of the European Union, the Member States of the European Union, and international waters.
4. Service environmental protection laws regulating tasks as well: 4.1 controls legislation on natural resource extraction and use, nature protection, emission of pollutants into the environment, hazardous and municipal waste, packaging waste, with chemicals and chemical products requirements;
4.2. environmental protection laws regulating order is issued and the permission (license), the technical regulations and other administrative acts for the exploitation of natural resources and polluting activities;
4.3. inform the public about the activities of the service and provide the public service on environmental information;
4.4. participates in emergency management.
5. in order to ensure the function and tasks, service: 5.1 according to competence, cooperate with other direct regulatory authorities, municipalities and their institutions, non-governmental organizations, other countries and international organizations, as well as take part in trans-national cooperation programmes and projects;
5.2. is entitled to request and receive, free of charge from national and municipal authorities, as well as external legal cases from individuals service tasks required for the implementation of the information and documents;
5.3. is entitled to examine any object the protection of the environment and use of natural resources in compliance with the law;
5.4. provide proposals to the draft law.
III. structure and officials 6. Has the following departments: central departments — 6.1 departments and parts thereof;
6.2. Marine and inland waters administration;
6.3. the territorial unit — regional environmental management.
7. the Director-General of the service led.
8. the Director-General shall be appointed and relieved of the post of Environment Minister.
9. the Director-General of the National Service Administration equipment Act direct authorities managerial functions as well: 9.1 appointed and released from central departments of the service officers and marine and inland waters administration and regional directors of the environmental administrations and Deputy Director;
9.2. is entitled to cancel the officers issued administrative decisions and internal regulations;
9.3. without express authorisation by the representative.
10. the Director-General's deputies. Deputy Director-General Director-General competence.
11. the Director-General shall determine the structure of the services, functions and tasks of the departments.
12. Marine and inland waters administration work and the work of regional environment administrations run by the departments concerned.
13. Marine and inland waters Administration Director and Director of the regional environment administrations: 13.1. ensure environmental protection laws regulating the set tasks;
13.2. appoint and release from Office the officials of the departments concerned, except for the Deputy Director;
13.3. the Director-General after consulting the service issued the rules of procedure of the Department;
13.4. handling the budget allocated to the Department under the Director-General of the service approved them.
IV. Service activities are justice and reports 14. the Director-General of the service provides service to the rule of law. The Director-General of the Department is responsible for the service and it Department decisions to the establishment and operation of the system.
15. Officers issued administrative provisions, except for decisions in matters of administrative offences may be challenged by environmental monitoring national Office. Environmental monitoring national Office can appeal the decision in court.
16. the officers of the decisions issued by administrative infringement proceedings may be appealed by submitting the submissions to the Director-General of the service. The Director-General of the service's decision can be appealed in court.
17. the service shall provide annually to the Minister of the environment report on the service's functions and services of the State budget allocated to the funds. The Minister of the environment has the right at any time to request a review of the operation of the service.
V. service funded 18. Services financial resources: 18.1. grant funds from the national budget;
18.2. gifts, donations and foreign financial assistance;
18.3. the same revenue.
Vi. Closing questions 19. Be declared unenforceable in the Cabinet of Ministers of 28 May 2002, the provisions of no. 201 "environmental regulations of national inspection" (Latvian journal, 2002, nr. 81).
20. the regulations shall enter into force by 1 January 2005.
Prime Minister i. Emsis Environment Minister r. vējonis Editorial Note: regulations shall enter into force by 1 January 2005.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia