Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/97112
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 952 in 2004 (23 November. No 67 51) Regulations of the Board of the Patent Issued in accordance with the law of public administration facilities 16. the first paragraph of article i. General questions 1. Patent Board's supervision of the Minister of Justice on direct regulatory authority.
2. the Patent Board implements national policies, especially industrial property inventions, trademarks, industrial designs and topographies of semiconductor products in the area of legal protection.
II. functions of the Patent Office, tasks and responsibilities 3. The Patent Office has the following functions: 3.1 to issue patents and certificates that protect inventions, trademarks, designs and topographies of semiconductor products;
3.2. provide the Latvian National Library item components: national patent documentation inventory — making;
3.3. to ensure the supply of patent users, normatīvtehnisk, technical and general reference information.
4. in order to ensure the fulfilment of the functions of the Executive Board: the Patent 4.1. adopt and review the legal and physical persons of applications for inventions, trademarks, industrial designs and topographies of semiconductor products for legal protection;
4.2. draw up and publish in the official Edition of the Patent Office;
4.3. sequence invention national register, national register of industrial designs, topographies of semiconductor products in the State register and national register of marks;
4.4. participate in the national digital library, as well as global catalog collects information and creates local information resources;
4.5. the patent attesting their Plenipotentiaries;
4.6. inform the public about the competence of the Patent Office issues;
4.7 according to the competency provides a binding international treaty, Latvia.
5. The Patent Office has the following rights: 5.1 according to the competency to provide proposals for industry regulatory legal acts and policy planning documents the development of the project;
5.2. external law cases to issue administrative acts.
III. structure of the Patent Office and officials 6. Patent Board headed by the Director of the Patent Office (hereinafter referred to as the Director). Deputy Director can be.
7. the Director shall perform the functions set out in the Patent Act, as well as the equipment of the public administration Act direct authorities managerial functions.
8. the Patent departments of the Board's divisions and parts.
IV. activities of the Patent Office and of the rule of law reporting 9. Patent activity of the Board of Directors provides justice.
10. the officers of the Patent decisions and actual action may be challenged, submitting the application to the Director, but the Patent law, the law "on trademarks and geographical indications", design law and the protection of topographies of semiconductor products Act cases, administrative provisions and decisions can be challenged only the Patent Office's Board of appeal or judicial review.
11. the Director of the administrative acts issued and actual action may be challenged in the Ministry of Justice, where this provision is referred to in paragraph 10 the external laws and regulations unless otherwise specified.
12. The Patent Board not less frequently than once a year, provide to the Ministry of Justice and report to Cabinet on the Patent Board's functions and the use of budget resources.
V. concluding questions 13. Be declared unenforceable in the Cabinet on 23 July 2002, Regulation No 318 "Patent Board Charter" (Latvian journal, 2002, no. 109).
14. Rule 3.2, 3.3 and 4.4 above shall enter into force by 1 January 2005.
Prime Minister i. Emsis, Minister of Justice v. höche Editorial Note: the entry into force of the provisions by December 1, 2004.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia