Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/97388
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 991 Riga 2004 30 November (pr. No 68 38) Elimination of classical swine fever and the procedures for threats Issued in accordance with article 26 of the law on veterinary medicine, first subparagraph, and article 27, third part i. General questions 1. determines: 1.1. classical swine fever outbreak and threat of conventional measures of domestic swine shed (agricultural building or area in which permanent or indefinite period are grown or propagated in pigs, or designated area in which the pig game and where you can apply the classical swine fever eradication measures) , the slaughterhouse, the vehicle and wild swine (pigs, which are not grown or propagated in the shed) population;
1.2. the competence of national regulatory authorities, the order notification and enforcement procedures;
1.3. procedures are hunted wild boar.
2. Classical swine fever (hereinafter referred to as swine fever) is an epizootic disease that causes all the animals of the porcine species.
3. If the swine fever outbreak or infection, the food and veterinary service of the country's main food and veterinary inspector shall inform the national emergency operational Commission.
4. With swine fever in pigs suspected of being infected shall mean any pig or the body to which the lifetime clinical signs, post mortem pathological studies or laboratory studies, which are carried out in accordance with the food and veterinary service developed and approved Manual of diagnostic procedures (hereinafter referred to as the diagnostic manual), indicate a suspicion of an animal infected with swine fever virus.
5. A swine is considered to be infected with swine fever (swine fever case) where: 5.1 animal of the porcine species living during the clinical symptoms of the disease indicate contamination with adventitious agents of classical swine fever;
5.2. pig carcase or body postmortem investigation found during pathological lesions, characteristic cases with classical swine fever;
5.3. the case of swine fever detected in laboratory studies, carried out in accordance with the diagnostic manual.
6. Swine fever outbreak is considered to be found if holding one or more swine fever cases.
7. Rule out the supervision and control of the food and veterinary service (hereinafter service): 7.1. in cooperation with the national forest service, if swine fever has been found or is suspected with swine fever in wild pigs;
7.2. If the swine fever has been found or is suspected of domestic swine and enclosed areas rearing pigs with swine fever.
II. the competence of national regulatory authorities to ensure 8. swine fever diagnosis and differential diagnosis, the Department developed and approved disease diagnostic manual. The manual States: 8.1. minimum requirements for swine fever diagnostic laboratories and for transport of samples (these requirements defines the minimum requirements for biosafety and quality standards);
8.2. the procedures to be carried out by clinical or pathological investigations to determine the swine fever agent, if any, and the results of the evaluation criteria;
8.3. the procedures to be carried out by the laboratory for diagnostic sampling from live or dead animals, as well as serological or virological examination of sampling methods and criteria for evaluation of the results. Sampling methodology development take into account the circumstances in which you may approximate most of the agents in the presence of swine fever on the holding of the duration, the period from the date of animal infection diagnosis and appropriate message for approval;
5.2. methods of laboratory Diagnostics and swine fever agent, as well as criteria for the evaluation of results: 8.4.1. differential diagnosis tests to determine the swine fever and other viruses in Salvation;
8.4.2. tests to distinguish antibodies formed against the vaccine virus and wild swine fever virus;
8.4.3. the criteria for the evaluation of the laboratory tests;
8.5. laboratory equipment for swine fever virus for genetic type.
9. animals of the porcine species or arbitrary services unmatched with vaccination against swine fever is prohibited. Swine fever vaccine produced, stored, distributed, consumed or sold, as well as activities with those carried out under the supervision of the service only.
10. in order to effectively combat the swine fever, the Department developed and approved a plan of action. Action plan: 10.1 on action needed to ensure that the legislation on animal waste collection and destruction of animal food, animal feed and distribution, trade in live animals, foodstuffs of animal origin and animal feed in a specific order, as well as quick and efficient combating of swine fever;
10.2. the development of the activity, determining the order in which receives compensation Field support services and funding for swine fever eradication measures fulfilled;
10.3. design detailed in the chain of command to ensure fast decision-making and implementation procedures. Connecting the chain include the link between emergency services and national operational Commission;
10.4. provide for the measures necessary to ensure the availability of resources necessary for the rapid and efficient eradication of swine fever, for example, the laboratory staff, equipment and infrastructure;
10.5. intends to draw up instructions for the practical operation of the swine fever at all stages as well as washing, disinfection and disinsectization order according to this provision the requirements of chapter XI;
10.6. If necessary, detailed outline emergency vaccination plan;
10.7. provide swine fever eradication measures involved education on swine fever clinical signs, the epizootiological supervision and control and swine fever, as well as at least two times a year — simulation swine fever outbreaks in the regional or local level and communication procedures training to critical situations, ensure the exchange of information between all those involved in the activities of the fight, the developments of the owners and veterinarians.
11. to promote the combating of swine fever, the Department participates in and coordinates the rules referred to in paragraph 12.6. setting up a group of experts who help to make the services of the epizootiological studies determine the sampling procedures laboratory studies, organise sample testing and interprets the results of the laboratory examinations, as well as swine fever eradication measures. Epizootiological studies obtained the following information: 11.1. possible swine fever duration in the presence of the agent in the herd until the disease is suspected with swine fever or is received the message;
11.2. possible swine fever sources and potentially infected holdings, which could threaten one source;
11.3. the person, vehicles, pigs, carcases, semen, it meat or any other material that may be infections, vectors movement paths to the storage or suspected of;
11.4. swine fever Agent transfer opportunities to other countries. If such a danger exists, the service shall immediately inform the European Commission, infectious disease and endangered countries Member States of the European Union.
12. national regulatory authorities and the threat of the disease, take the national civil protection plan and territorial civil protection action plans measures envisaged: 12.1 determines control measures;
12.2. ensure swine fever eradication measures;
12.3. provided with the staff and other resources needed to combat swine fever;
12.4. prepare and send information, as well as the order of the tasks service central apparatus, veterinary, agricultural and trade organizations, as well as other emergencies, addressing State bodies concerned. Service information to the European Commission and the other Member States of the European Union;
12.5. partnered with diagnostic laboratories, the media and the police, informing about specific swine fever eradication measures;
12.6. setting up a group of experts to participate in cooperation with the services of the epizootiological inquiry, interpretation of laboratory test results, sampling and testing, as well as the eradication measures;
12.7. If necessary, organize vaccination campaigns and determine the vaccination area.
13.24 hours after swine fever diagnosis confirmation service in accordance with the provisions of paragraphs 15 and 16 shall be prepared and sent electronically to the European Commission and the Member States of the European Union with the following information: 13.1 yards found the swine fever outbreak;
13.2. vehicles and slaughterhouses found swine fever;
13.3. the primary swine fever cases in wild pigs (detection of the disease in a certain area of forest pigs which have not previously been observed in illness, and are not subject to eradication measures);
13.4. the epizootiological inquiry results.
14. the European Commission and the Member States of the European Union provide information on the secondary (all swine fever cases that are found after the first confirmed diagnosis of swine fever) swine fever infected area in the case of pigs in the forest. The information shall include the provision that the requirements of chapter X, and the results of epizootiological inquiry results, disease control, as well as the geographical characteristics of the infected area and specifies the details of the spread of the disease.
15. If the primary swine fever outbreaks have shed (the outbreak of the disease, which is associated with the epizootiological previous outbreaks of the disease in a certain area, or the disease is first registered in a specific territory) or primary swine fever case has been found in wild pigs in the slaughterhouse, the vehicle, the vehicle or service in accordance with the specific procedures for disease notification within 24 hours to prepare and electronically sent to the European Commission and European Union Member States following : 15.1 the disclosure date;
15.2. the disclosure period;
15.3. indication that the swine fever detected in Latvia;
15.4. the name of the disease;
15.5. outbreaks or cases;
15.6. the date on which it was found in the suspected animal disease;
15.7. the date on which the diagnosis of the disease is officially confirmed;
15.8. the official confirmation of the disease in the laboratory method;
15.9. the animal species, the disease was confirmed, vehicle type, the name of the slaughterhouse shed name;
15.10. detection of disease places the geographical location and the address;
15.11. the disease control measures.
16. If the primary swine fever outbreaks have shed or primary swine fever case has been found in the vehicle or at the slaughterhouse, in addition to the provisions referred to in paragraph 15 of the information service shall prepare and electronically sent to the European Commission and the Member States of the European Union with the following information: 16.1. number of susceptible animals within the affected holding, slaughterhouse or means of transport;
16.2. the dead number of animals in each category (indicate the number of animals that have died on the holding, slaughterhouse or vehicle);
16.3. the number of animals (by category), which is found sick, and mortality;
16.4. the number of animals killed in the affected vehicle or in the slaughterhouse;
16.5. the number of carcases processed;
16.6. the distance to the nearest pig holding;
10.4. the infected or dead pig housing locale, where the occurrence of disease has been found in the slaughterhouse or means of transport.
17. After the swine fever outbreak secondary or secondary swine fever case this rule 15 and the information referred to in paragraph 16, the European Commission and the Member States of the European Union Department electronically every week on the first working day. The information shall include, in respect of the preceding week (until Sunday midnight).
18. any swine fever outbreak or case on the stand, the vehicle or the slaughterhouse staff shall prepare and electronically sent to the European Commission and the Member States of the European Union with the following information: 18.1. date shed, vehicle or slaughterhouse existing pigs were killed and processed;
18.2. the slain pig laboratory examination results;
18.3. killed and processed, as well as the number of pigs slaughtered in the shed, to which these regulations apply the conditions referred to in paragraph 30, and the period during which the pigs were slaughtered;
18.4. possible infectious origin;
18.5. the results of the genetic type of virus, if there was a major outbreak of the disease or condition is detected in animals in the slaughterhouse or means of transport;
18.6. where pigs are killed in kontaktnovietn, or that accommodation of suspected pigs with swine fever, in addition to the State: 18.6.1. pig killing date, the number of pigs killed (by category) and shed in which pigs are killed;
18.6.2. epizootiological link between the outbreak and every kontaktnovietn or other aspects of the spread of the disease from the source to the kontaktnovietn;
18.6.3. results of the laboratory examinations on the shed existing pigs and nogalinātaj pigs. If the pigs are not killed, kontaktnovietn indicates the justified reasons.
19. Primary swine fever eradication appropriate forest pigs in service within 90 days of its identification shall be submitted to the European Commission written classical swine fever eradication plan. The plan indicates the infected area for the accommodation measures, as well as: 19.1. the results of the epizootiological inquiry and control the results of the measures referred to in chapter X, disease area and the spread of swine fever;
19.2. the characteristics of the infected area, including: 19.2.1. the epizootiological inquiry results;
19.2.2. wild pig population;
19.2.3. big natural obstacle being the forest pig movements;
19.3. the persons involved in the activities of the combat and the cooperation of the institutions, paying particular attention to cooperation between biologists, hunters, hunting organisations, the national forest service and veterinarians;
19.4. the information campaign to increase hunters ' awareness of the disease;
19.5. special measures, which can be determined through meta of wild swine population (any group or wild boar population that has limited contact with other pigs or pigs) and locale around the infected area;
12.2. about the meta of wild swine population number and size around the infected area;
19.7. special measures are taken to determine the prevalence of swine fever intensity of wild pig population, indicating a shot or found dead wild swine laboratory examination results and the results of the epizootiological inquiry;
19.8. the implementing measures can reduce the spread of swine fever, pig population movement or meta contact way (these measures can be implemented, do not kill wild pigs);
12.4. the implementing measures can reduce populations of susceptible wild swine (part of forest pigs which have not built up immunity against swine fever) and juvenile populations of wild swine;
19.10. requirements for hunters to reduce the spread of swine fever;
19.11. shot in the forest of dead pigs or their recycling or disposal methods in implementing the following requirements shall be met: 19.11.1. processing under the supervision of officials;
19.11.2. the responsibility of the official veterinarian (official veterinarian) inspection findings and the results of laboratory examination, given that studies are carried out in accordance with the manual of diagnostic procedures (wild pig cadavers or pig carcase shot forest whose laboratory studies on swine fever agent's presence is positive, destroyed as high risk material, but shot a wild boar carcass for which laboratory studies on swine fever agent presence has a negative , permitted for use in food production after heat treatment that guarantees the destruction of infectious disease agents. Such products are prohibited to be exported outside Latvia. Food production do not use wild boar carcass disposed of as part of the high risk material);
19.12. the epizootiological inquiry results for each swine fever positive result. The information shall include the following particulars: 19.12.1. characteristics of the geographical area in which it was shot or found dead with swine fever infected pigs;
19.12.2. infected pigs location or shooting date;
19.12.3. person killed or found in infected pigs body;
19.12.4. the infected pigs or shot age and gender;
19.12.5. If the pig were shot — disease symptoms before shooting;
19.12.6. where pigs were found dead, describes the body position;
19.12.7. laboratory examination results;
19.13. monitoring programmes and protection activities carried out by the infected area yards, the infected area in the vicinity of the existing yards, as well as vehicles used for the transport of animal movement control arrangements in the territory and outside it. Specifies the pigs, their semen, embryos and ova of the prohibition of movement outside the designated site and breeding pigs the ban;
19.14. other criteria applicable in the implementation of the measures;
19.15. the eradication measures, coordination and monitoring of the implementation of the plan of the authorities;
19.16. the procedure for the exchange of information, which provides regularly send the rules referred to in paragraph 12.6. the Group of experts and provide their processing;
19.17. disease control measures to be taken within 12 months after the last officially confirmed the diagnosis of the disease in the infected area (including this provision, 19.11 and 19.12 19.7. the measures referred to in paragraph).
20. the reports on the epizootiological situation in the infected area, as well as swine fever eradication plan shall submit the results, European Commission and European Union Member States every six months.
III. Measures to be taken if there is a suspicion confirmed in domestic swine fever
21. animal owner, holder, a slaughterhouse worker, a driver, a practicing veterinarian or any other person shall immediately notify the veterinary services of territorial administration, the suspicion of domestic swine to swine fever.
22. Upon receipt of the report (which is mentioned in the suspicious of pigs with swine fever) officers in accordance with the manual of diagnostic procedures to immediately carry out an investigation to determine the cause of the pigs or to prevent suspected pigs with swine fever.
23. Official visits during the shed check the identification and registration of pigs. Accommodation and pigs must be registered and identified in the law on the animal, and the recording of holdings of the herd and animal identification.
24. If the suspected home of pigs with swine fever, subject to monitoring and accommodation officer: 24.1. create swine registry and lists the categories of pigs — died, infected, the disease is suspected, the piglets are born. Accommodation during the visit of the officials check the data against the information in the register and shall make the necessary adjustments to the register;
24.2. to all the pigs on the holding be restricted to holding or isolated in another part of the accommodation;
24.3. controls to no pigs leave the holding or bought from it. Official allowed to extend this requirement to other holdings in the animal species. The officer is also entitled to require measures to be taken for destruction of insects and rodents;
15.2. to no animal's body should not be removed from the holding without territorial veterinary department written permission;
15.2. prohibited from holding to export meat products derived from pigs, semen, ova, embryos, animal feed, utensils, materials or waste that can be further spread of the disease. The products and tools allowed to export after the entities of territorial health written permission;
24.6. ensure personal and vehicle movements to or from the holding in accordance with territorial happened veterinary departments written permission;
24.7. jointly with the owner of the accommodation ensures that at the entrances and exits of the holding be posted with a suitable disinfectant solution impregnated disinfecting carpets. Any person who enters premises or a site exited from them, take appropriate hygienic measures (wash and disinfect their hands, disinfected the shoes and other procedures established by the Executive) to reduce swine fever spreading agents;
15.4. disinfection of vehicles organised, entering or leaving the territory of the holding;
15.5. in accordance with the provisions of paragraph 11 of the epizootiological inquiry shall participate.
25. If there is a suspicion of pigs with swine fever, taking into account the epizootiological situation, as well as the storage of pigs is situated in an area with a high density of pigs with swine fever suspected holding in allowed: 25.1. to apply the measures laid down in the housings, which are officially confirmed the diagnosis of the disease. If the epizootiological situation is favourable, the service may determine that appropriate measures should be taken only in the yards or housing parts that are suspected of being infected or contaminated with accommodation is infectious disease agent, provided that these animals are kept fed and groomed separately from the other animals;
25.2. the alleged infections around the place of origin to determine the temporary control of the area in which the existing yards, depending on the epizootiological situation apply all these rules 22, 23 and 24. measures referred to in paragraph or part of them.
26. the diagnosis of the disease for the official approval of the official, having regard to the manual of diagnostic requirements, provide sampling and sending them to the laboratory.
27. in paragraph 24 of these regulations, which apply to holdings and existing areas around them, is in effect until the case of swine fever is found.
IV. Measures to be taken if found a home with the pigs swine fever 28. Shed that has found a home with the pigs swine fever, in addition to the provisions of paragraph 24 to the measures referred to in official: 28.1. to all the pigs are immediately killed. Pigs are killed or transported to killing sites so as to reduce the chance of spreading the disease agent;
28.2. in accordance with the manual of diagnostic requirements provides a sampling of killing pigs, and identify possible disease agent residence time in the shed until notified of suspected pigs;
28.3. controlled and monitored to pig body, also killed pigs are processed as high risk material, preventing the spread of the agent;
28.4. controlled and monitored to pigmeat obtained during the period of possible disease agent into the shed to the restrictions, is recast as a high risk material, preventing the spread of the agent;
28.5. controlled and monitored to swine semen, ova or embryos obtained during the period of possible disease agent into the shed to the restrictions, it is destroyed to prevent the spread of the agent;
28.6. controls to all substances, animal feed and waste that is contaminated with the disease agent, is processed as a high risk material, but disposable materials are destroyed. These procedures allowed to perform in accordance with the instructions of the official veterinarian;
17.8. to control the destruction of pigs and disposal of the bodies holding space, vehicles used in pigs, waste and products, as well as the equipment to be washed and disinfected, but litter, manure and slurry disinfected;
17.9. ensure that the swine fever outbreak of primary samples to be taken for laboratory examination and sent for viral genetic type-approval in accordance with the diagnostic manual;
46.8. engage in carrying out the epizootiological inquiry in accordance with the provisions of paragraph 11 of the said requirements.
29. where national veterinary diagnostic center or another European Union Member State laboratory, which has been granted the status of a reference laboratory diagnosis of classical swine fever (hereinafter referred to as the reference laboratory), is illness officially confirmed with swine fever in zoos, wildlife parks or designated areas where porcine animals are kept for scientific purposes or for the conservation of species or rare propagation of species, disease control during the service for these animals can not apply this rule 28.1. and in 28.5. The service shall notify the European Commission.
30 yards that have two or more separate production units, but in the whole complex of a complete set of pigs for fattening, the service may provide an exception to the immediate killing of all the pigs, if a separate production unit are whole pigs and holding structure, size, distance between production units and individual actions to be undertaken in whole pigs provide care and feeding, held separately, as well as prevent the agents from going from one production unit to another.
31. This provision of the type referred to in paragraph 30, the execution of the service in each individual case in the development of surveillance and the purpose of the eradication plan. The measures laid down on the service shall inform the European Commission thereof.
V. measures 32 in. kontaktnovietn storage is considered a kontaktnovietn, if the official veterinarian on the basis of the results of epizootiological inquiry, believes that the swine fever on the holding concerned agent is transferred from accommodation, which is certified by the pigs swine fever the diagnosis or suspicion of pigs with swine fever and from which the disease agent can be transmitted.
33. Kontaktnovietn these rules applied in chapter III, to the case of swine fever is found.
34. where the epizootiological situation is unfavourable and the threat of disease spread by kontaktnovietn can apply this provision 28. measures referred to in paragraph 1. A decision on killing or not killing the pigs shall be adopted, taking into account the criteria that defines swine killing kontaktnovietn (annex 1).
35. in establishing the diagnosis of the disease in accordance with the manual of diagnostic requirements of samples and sent to the laboratory. Sampling and investigation shall be terminated only if the illness with swine fever is found.
Vi. Protection and surveillance zone detection 36. If the shed is to swine fever infected pigs and the diagnosis is confirmed, the reference laboratory services around the shed down the affected the protection and surveillance zone. The protection zone radius shall not be less than three kilometers, and RADIUS surveillance zone of at least 10 kilometres.
37. the protection and surveillance zones shall take account of the following conditions:
37.1. the epizootiological inquiry results;
37.2. the geographical location of the holding, of natural and artificial obstacles in the area;
37.3. infectious diseases in the affected sites and its localization of sites nearby;
23.2. the movement and trade of animals, as well as the location of slaughterhouses and the possibility of recycling of animal carcases and other contaminated material;
37.5. space and staffing options to control the movement of pigs or the body area.
38. After notification of emergency services in the country will take all necessary measures, as well as using clearly visible signs, warning signs and the media, to inform the protection and surveillance zone of encouraging people in an emergency situation in the country and the measures to be taken for the protection and surveillance zone.
39. If the protection or surveillance zone located in the territory of another State, the Department shall cooperate with the competent authority of the border demarcation.
VII. Measures in the protection zone 40. Protection Zone: 24.9. the identification of all holdings immediately. Official veterinarian within seven days of the establishment of the protection zone visit relevant sites. During the visit, the official veterinarian shall carry out clinical examination of the animals, health control, identification and registration of pigs;
40.2. the movement of pigs and moving vehicles on the roads is prohibited, except for the movement of pigs: 40.2.1. farm;
40.2.2. the transit by road or by rail without stopping and unloading cargo;
40.2.3. from outside the protection zone of the existing site to an existing protection zone for immediate slaughter to a slaughterhouse;
40.3. the vehicles, equipment, used pig or other agricultural animals, contaminated material (carcases, feed, manure, slurry, bedding), disinfected and treated immediately after contamination. Any vehicle used for the transport of pigs may leave the zone, if not received officials permit if it is not washed and disinfected and if the official has not done its testing;
40.4. officials authorised is prohibited to move animals to or from the territory of the holding;
25.2. all dead or infected animals the owner reported territorial veterinary department or an authorised veterinarian. After receipt of the report the officer performs the procedures laid down in the diagnostic manual;
40.6. pigs from the protection zone to existing sites are not allowed to move at least 30 days after infection in the affected housing washing, disinfection and disinsectization. After a certain period of time, pursuant to this rule 41, 42, 43 and 44 of such requirements, the officer may be permitted to move pigs: 40.6.1. for immediate slaughter to a service protection or the surveillance zone in the slaughterhouse;
40.6.2. high-risk material processing plant or other suitable place where the pigs are immediately killed and their carcases are processed under the supervision of the authorities;
40.6.3. on the other hand the protection zone. For the transport services shall immediately inform the European Commission and the Committee on the food chain and animal health;
40.7. not be allowed to move from the House of pig semen, ova and embryos;
25.4. any person entering or coming out of the shed, take appropriate hygienic measures (wash and disinfect their hands, disinfected the shoes and other procedures established by the Executive) to reduce the spread of swine fever agents;
25.4. it is prohibited to hold animal shows and view or to sell them, as well as to make any change of the owner of the animal.
41. Veterinarian before moving the pigs: 25.5. shed all clinical investigation and animal health controls, paying particular attention to the animals to be exported, which in addition to perform temperature control, identification and registration;
41.2. ensure that pigs have been infected with swine fever;
41.3. organise a pig loading vehicle and sealing.
42. The vehicles and equipment used for the movement of pigs, wash immediately after use and disinfected.
43. If the moveable pigs are slaughtered or killed, officials in accordance with the manual of diagnostic requirements samples laboratory testing to verify the absence of infectious diseases on the stand.
44. If the moveable pigs led to the slaughterhouse, officer, which is under the supervision of storage, on the shipment of pigs shall inform the officer that is under the supervision of the slaughterhouse. On the slaughterhouse surveillance officer: 44.1. report pigs receiving the cargo officer has sent a shipment of pigs;
44.2. controls to bring the pigs are kept and slaughtered separately from the other;
27.5. particular attention paid to ante-mortem and post-mortem inspection results and inform slaughterhouse shed and territorial veterinary department suspected pigs with swine fever;
27.6. controls of these pigs get fresh meat processing (processing process happens separately, ensuring the destruction of the agents of infectious diseases) or the laws of meat and meat product labelling in accordance with the procedure laid down for meat shall be marked with a special label. These activities allow service companies. Before the transfer vehicle cargo compartments sealed.
45. If this provision limits laid down in paragraph 40 of the protection zone lasts more than 30 days (the observed outbreaks elsewhere, or to the welfare of pigs or other animals associated with complication), officer under these regulations 41, 42, 43 and 44 of such requirements and reconcile transactions with the owners permission to move pigs from holdings: 45.1. of service determine the protection or the surveillance zone in the slaughterhouse for immediate slaughter;
45.2. the high-risk material processing plant or other suitable place where the pigs are immediately killed and their carcases processed by professional supervision;
45.3. to another existing facility protection zone for other purposes. For the transport services shall immediately inform the European Commission and the Committee on the food chain and animal health.
46. The measures in the protection zone shall be repealed: 46.1. the infected holding washing, disinfection and disinsectization;
46.2. the period of protection zones in the yards of existing swine clinical and laboratory investigations in accordance with the manual of diagnostic requirements. Laboratory investigations begin 30 days after the infected holding washing and disinfection.
VIII. The measures in the surveillance zone 47. Surveillance zone: 29.3. immediately lists all pig holdings;
47.2. the movement of pigs and moving vehicles on the roads is prohibited, except for the movement of pigs: 47.2.1. farm;
47.2.2. transit by road or by rail without stopping and unloading cargo;
47.2.3. from outside the surveillance area of the site to the surveillance zone in the slaughterhouse for immediate slaughter;
47.3. the vehicles, equipment, used pig or other agricultural animals, contaminated material (carcases, feed, manure, slurry, bedding) disinfected, as well as, if necessary, disinsectisation and carry out pollution immediately processed in accordance with the instructions of the official veterinarian. Any vehicle used for the transport of pigs may leave the zone, if it is not washed and disinfected and if the official has not done its testing;
47.4. seven days after establishment of the zone without any domestic animal may be moved from a holding area or to it without the prior written permission of officials;
29.5. of all the dead or infected animals the owner reported territorial veterinary department or an authorised veterinarian. After receipt of the report the officer performs the procedures laid down in the diagnostic manual;
29.6. pigs are not allowed to move from the surveillance zone to a holding for at least 21 days after infection in the affected housing washing, disinfection and disinsectization. After a certain period, subject to this provision 48, 49, 50 and 51 above, the officer may allow to move pigs: 47.6.1. to service protection or the surveillance zone in the slaughterhouse for immediate slaughter;
47.6.2. for high-risk material processing plant or other suitable place where the pigs are immediately killed and their carcases processed by professional supervision;
47.6.3. to other protection or in the surveillance zone. For the transport services shall immediately inform the European Commission and the Committee on the food chain and animal health;
29.6. not be allowed to move from the House of pig semen, ova and embryos;
47.8. any person entering or coming out of the shed, take appropriate hygienic measures (wash and disinfect their hands, disinfected the shoes and other procedures established by the Executive) to reduce swine fever spreading agents;
29.8. it is prohibited to hold animal shows and view or to sell them, as well as to make any change of the owner of the animal.
48. An official veterinarian before moving the pigs: 29.9. shed all animals carried out clinical examinations and health control, paying particular attention to assigning pigs, which in addition to perform temperature control and identification verification;
48.2. ensure that pigs have been infected with swine fever;
48.3. organizes the swine and sealing the vehicle loading.
49. The vehicles and equipment used for the movement of pigs, wash immediately after use and disinfected.
50. If the moveable pigs are slaughtered or killed, officials in accordance with the manual of diagnostic requirements samples laboratory testing to verify the absence of infectious diseases on the stand.
51. If the moveable pigs led to the slaughterhouse, officer, which is under the supervision of storage, on the shipment of pigs shall inform the officer that is under the supervision of the slaughterhouse. On the slaughterhouse surveillance officer: 51.1. report pigs receiving the cargo officer has sent a shipment of pigs;
51.2. controls to bring the pigs are kept and slaughtered separately from the other;
51.3. Special attention paid swine ante and post mortem examinations results and inform territorial veterinary department suspected pigs with swine fever;
51.4. controls of these pigs get fresh meat processing (processing process happens separately, ensuring the destruction of the agents of infectious diseases) or the laws of meat and meat product labelling in accordance with the procedure laid down for meat shall be marked with a special label. These activities allow service companies. Before the transfer vehicle cargo compartments sealed.
52. If this provision limits laid down in paragraph 47 of the surveillance zone lasts more than 30 days (elsewhere observed due to outbreaks of infectious diseases and to the welfare of pigs or other animals associated with complication), officer under this rule 48, 49, 50 and 51 of such requirements and reconcile transactions with owners permission to move pigs from holdings: 52.1. specific service protection or the surveillance zone in the slaughterhouse for immediate slaughter;
52.2. the high-risk material processing plant or other suitable place where the pigs are immediately killed and their carcases processed by professional supervision;
52.3. to other protection or the surveillance zone in the shed. For the transport services shall immediately inform the European Commission and the Committee on the food chain and animal health.
53. The measures in the surveillance zone shall be repealed: 53.1. the infected site cleaning and disinfecting;
53.2. during the period when the surveillance zone yards of existing swine clinical and laboratory investigations in accordance with the manual of diagnostic requirements. Laboratory investigations begin no earlier than 20 days after the infected holding washing and disinfection.
54. Swine fever of pigs in the affected by the destruction of the herd: 54.1. not earlier than after 30 days since the last silo cleaning and disinfecting;
54.2. using one of these terms or 56 55. referred to in paragraph restocking and given appropriate management systems.
55. A swine herd of open-air holdings comply with the following conditions: 55.1. restocking begins by placing a small number of animals (animal testing), which is made in laboratory studies and is not discovered antibodies against swine fever, or who have brought agents from accommodation, which is not necessarily related to swine fever restrictions;
55.2. trial animals shed is imported and deployed in accordance with the instructions;
55.3. not earlier than 40 days after the insertion of the trial animals carried out laboratory investigations in accordance with the diagnostic manual;
55.4. no trial animals may not be removed from the site, as long as there is no negative laboratory examinations;
55.5. after negative laboratory study of acquisition of experimental animals is permitted in other animals into the shed.
56. the renewal of the herd of pigs to other holdings uses this rule 55, paragraph restocking or shed will insert all restocking for animals, as well as ensure that: 56.1. all livestock animals laid brought in 20 days and they should get the yards, which are not specific to swine fever related restrictions;
56.2. animals transported not earlier than after 40 days since the last arrival of the animal is tested in accordance with the diagnostic manual;
56.3. None of the animals on the holding does not leave the holding until it is negative in laboratory studies.
IX. Actions to be taken if there are cases of swine or pigs suspected with swine fever in a slaughterhouse and vehicles 57. If there is a suspicion of the presence of animals with swine fever in a slaughterhouse or during transport, the officer in accordance with the manual of diagnostic investigation requirements for diagnosis.
58. If the diagnosis of swine infected with swine fever is officially confirmed in a reference laboratory: 58.1. all existing slaughterhouse and the vehicle susceptible animals shall be killed without delay under the supervision of officials;
58.2. against infectious disease susceptible animal corpses and waste kautprodukt who are infected with the disease agent, the officer supervising the processing as high risk material;
58.3. the supervision of the official veterinarian conducts building, tools, equipment and vehicle washing and disinfection;
58.4. in accordance with the provisions of paragraph 11 of the epizootiological studies carried out;
58.5. swine fever triggers genetic isolate is subject to the type-approval;
58.6. the infected animals or contaminated products origin and kontaktnovietn shall be carried out in the yards of this provision for the measures referred to in chapter V. Allowed to immediately slaughter all infected animals shed of animal origin;
58.7. any animal, swine fever affected area may not insert more than 24 hours after washing and disinfection measures.
X. actions to be taken in the wild pig population, where there is suspicion or is found sick with swine fever, as well as wild swine Chase order 59. If there is a suspicion confirmed in forest swine fever, a practicing veterinarian or a Hunter shall notify it to the Department, but the Department shall inform the owners of domestic animals and hunting party leaders, as well as organise all the dead, also shot, animal laboratory investigation.
60. Where there is a suspicion confirmed in forest swine fever, officials carried out a set of measures to determine the diagnosis. The officer informed of the measures to be taken home the pig owners and hunters, as well as ensure that all shot or found dead wild boar to be tested in accordance with the manual of diagnostic requirements.
61. After the officially approved disease diagnosis about the pigs with swine fever shall act in accordance with the provisions of paragraph 3. The country's main food and health inspector, following the migration of animals, climatic and geographical conditions, provide emergency national operational proposals to the Commission on the infected area (area where the approval of the emergency State Commission are subject to operational restrictions due to classical swine fever eradication measures) where you found the sick animal.
62. the Department organizes this rule 12.6. the Group of experts referred to. The composition of the experts group shall include veterinarians, biologists, hunters and epizootolog. The Group of experts be assisted by a service with the following jobs: 62.1. studying the epizootiological situation and determine the infected area, taking into account the epizootiological examination results, the intensity of the disease in the territory, wild boar population in the infected area, as well as the major obstacles of natural or artificial barriers efficient movement of wild swine;
62.2. determine the infected area to be undertaken. These measures are applied to the chase and wild swine feed ban;
38.7. participate in the plans for the eradication of classical swine fever in the drafting;
38.8. inspections to control swine fever eradication measures.
63. the infected area of all pig holdings subject to supervision, ensuring the implementation of such measures: 39.2. create a registry of all animal groups. The registry stores the owner of the animal, but officials made the changes the characteristics of the survey;
39.3. all animals are allowed to hold only those locations or to isolate other swine, wild, inaccessible place. Shed provides the conditions to limit the access of wild swine materials or items that come into contact with domestic pigs;
63.3. no pigs are not allowed to import or export from its holding without the authorisation of officials;
63.4. at the entrances and exits at places with suitable disinfectant solution impregnated carpets;
63.5. all persons who have had contact with pigs, the forest take hygiene measures swine fever spreading agent. These parties are not allowed to enter the swine shed;
63.6. pigs, causing suspicion by swine fever, and all with the swine fever from the infected pigs to investigate the laboratory;
63.7. shed are not allowed to bring a shot of part of wild swine or their bodies, or any other materials or items suspected that may be infections distributor;
63.8. from the holding and the infected area is not allowed to export pigs, their semen, embryos or ova for trade with Member States of the European Union.
64. The infected area in accordance with the manual of diagnostic requirements arrange all found shot and dead animal laboratory investigations to determine the swine fever agent presence. Corpses and game that laboratory test results are positive, and not used for human consumption products processing as high risk materials under the supervision of officials. Game that laboratory test results are negative, after treatment, which guarantees the destruction of the agent, authorized for use in foodstuffs intended for human consumption for products.
65. the swine fever virus isolates, in accordance with the manual of diagnostic procedures expose the type of genetic.
66. The infected area hunt organized by the officials. The infected area nomedītaj forest finds dead pigs or wild pigs are not allowed to make eviscerācij, skinning or other actions that may cause infectious diseases spreading.
67. After the forest pig hunting officer sanitized the place where lay the shot animal.
68. If the swine fever infected area in the territory of neighbouring countries, affects both competent authorities agree on cooperation in the implementation of the eradication measures.
XI. Washing, disinfection and disinsectization order 69. washing, disinfection and disinsectization followed during the following general procedure: 69.1. washing, disinfection and disinsectization operations are carried out under the supervision of an official veterinarian, using products in Latvia;
EB 69.2. disinfectants are used in a certain concentration to destroy swine fever agent;
69.3. efficacy of disinfectants shall be checked every time before use, if that means long storing, lost their efficiency;
69.4. disinfection and disinsectization features selected taking into account the surface and disinfect objects in areas subject to pest control characteristics;
69.5. washing, disinfection and pest control products used in accordance with the manufacturer's recommendations;
72.2. disinfectant during use: 69.6.1. to disinfect spray feature object to provide disinfectant caursūkšano (especially, if sanitized litter, manure or slurry);
69.6.2. before the disinfection of floors, ramps, transitions, wall and surface carefully wash and clean, using specially designed instruments;
69.6.3. after cleaning and washing of surfaces in accordance with the manufacturer's recommendations for disinfectant applied and left to the minimum exposure time;
69.6.4. water used for washing processes, to ensure that the next infectious disease not spread;
After washing the surface of 69.7. they spread disinfectant solution that is sprayed through the pressure equipment to protect the surface from contamination;
69.8. washed and disinfected disinfection equipment and contaminated objects, but disposable items are disposed of;
43.4. after disinfection measures provide the conditions to disinfect surfaces would not be contaminated with infectious again the disease agent;
69.10. washing taken, disinfection and disinsectization operations are documented in the installations or the vehicle register. Register controlled by the food and veterinary service official.
70. for cleaning and disinfecting the installations during the following special procedures: 70.1. in carrying out the first washing and disinfection of: 70.1.1. After killing set up temporary disinfection equipment, assisting personnel equipped with special protective clothing, detergents, the opportunity to shower (shower), be provided with instruments and materials used to clean equipment from contamination, disinfect rooms ventilation stop power supply;
all the killed animal 70.1.2. corpses disinfected with disinfectant solution;
70.1.3. If the slain corpses of animals being transported to high-risk material processing plant, use a resealable, water and greaseproof, disinfect containers;
70.1.4. after the slain animal corpses were transported to high-risk material processing plant all housing parts and polluted areas be disinfected;
70.1.5. all tissues, blood, which got into the surrounding environment, or death in the killing of pathological investigation, objects, materials and technology collects and recycles along with the bodies of the animals killed as a high risk material;
70.1.6. on the surfaces of uzklāto disinfectants left for at least 24 hours;
70.2. the last washing and disinfection: 70.2.1. slurry, manure or litter disinfected in accordance with this rule 71;
70.2.2. dirt from all surfaces, harvested, disinfect using detergent and then rinse with water;
70.2.3. after washing with water surfaces use disinfectants solutions;
70.2.4. after seven days all disinfected surfaces again with the appropriate solution, rinsed with water, disinfected and rinsed again with water.
71. Bedding, manure and slurry disinfection: 71.1. manure and litter allowed disinfect biotermisk, first disinfect them with suitable solutions and leaving intact not less than 42 days. These contaminated materials permitted to destroy the buried or incinerated;
71.2. slurry stores intact, no less than 42 days after the last contaminated goods arrival, except if the slurry in accordance with the instructions of the official veterinarian treated, ensuring the destruction of the virus.
72. the outdoor yards, taking into account the type of pig farming and climatic conditions, the service to provide another washing, disinfection and disinsectization.
XII. procedure for Vaccination of swine yards 73. on the basis of the epizootiological studies and if swine fever continues to spread in swine yards, Service decides to launch vaccination of pigs against swine fever. A decision on vaccination of pigs adopt, based on certain criteria (annex 2), and shall not affect the other European Union Member States ' interests. To launch a vaccination campaign, the service shall ensure that the following requirements are met: 73.1. notify to the European Commission for a decision on vaccination of pigs and developing a vaccination plan;
73.2. ensure that all vaccinated pigs after completion of the vaccination campaign would be slaughtered or destroyed in accordance with the provisions of section 75.1. the requirements referred to in;
73.3. ensure that vaccinated pigs for meat to be processed in accordance with this provision in 75.2.
74. the start of the Vaccination service develop a vaccination plan. Vaccination plan shall be coordinated with the European Commission and the Standing Veterinary Committee. In the grounds of the vaccination plan indicates the following: 74.1. the situation description and justification of the need for vaccination;
74.2. it geographical area description intended conduct vaccination, and the number of pig holdings in this area;
46.2. the vaccination, the number of pigs by category;
74.4. vaccination vaccine used in the description;
46.3. the duration of the vaccination campaign;
74.6. vaccinated pig identification and registration;
74.7 at. the resulting swine and product movement control;
46.5. the criteria that determine the need for vaccination of pigs or the slaughter of all pigs in kontaktnovietn;
74.9. other information justifying the need for vaccination. Clinical laboratory of swine and the results of the investigation under the vaccination or vaccination of pigs in the area where the vaccination of pigs is used in the vaccine highlighted.
75. the controls at the time of vaccination to ensure achievement of the following requirements: 75.1. no pigs or the body may not be moved outside the vaccination area, unless with the permission of officials 75.1.1. pigs are moved to the officer's designated slaughterhouse for immediate slaughter within the vaccination area or its vicinity;
75.1.2. with the authorization of the officials pigs moved to animal waste processing company or another suitable place where they are killed and the body are processed during the officer's supervision;
75.2. from vaccinated pigs get fresh pork processing (processing process happens separately, ensuring the destruction of the agents of infectious diseases) or regulations for meat and meat products in accordance with the procedure laid down for the labelling shall be marked with a special label. These activities are permitted on the service agreed. Before moving the load compartment of vehicles sealed;
75.3. the semen, ova and embryos of pigs shall have 30 days before the commencement of the vaccination campaign shall be traced and destroyed under the supervision of officials.
76. This provision, paragraph 75 requirements apply not less than six months after completion of the vaccination campaign.
77. The provisions referred to in paragraph 76 of the six-month period: 77.1. serologically positive pigs from the holding be allowed to move to a slaughterhouse for immediate slaughter;
77.2. it is prohibited to obtain semen, ova and embryos from serologically positive pigs;
77.3. piglets obtained from serologically positive sows, allowed to send: 77.3.1. to a slaughterhouse for immediate slaughter;
77.3.2. to the other with housing officials agreed, from where they are sent to a slaughterhouse for immediate slaughter;
77.3.3. to other housing if the laboratory study of serological obtained negative results for swine fever.
78. paragraph 75 of these rules limits referred to in the service will be cancelled if: 78.1. all vaccinated pigs are slaughtered and their meat is processed in accordance with the provisions referred to in point of 75.2. requirements;
78.2. all sites, which were kept in the vaccinated pigs are washed and disinfected.
79. following that rule 75, paragraph restrictions service to control: 79.1. a swine herd renewal happen not earlier than 10 days after the slaughter of all vaccinated pigs or destruction, washing and disinfection of the holding;
79.2. after the renewal of the herd of pigs the vaccination area yards that were not vaccinated pigs, the officer make a clinical examination of the pigs and the disease in accordance with the procedures laid down in the diagnostic manual removed samples laboratory studies on swine fever agent presence in the herd;
79.3. after the restoration of the herd of pigs vaccinated pigs make swine holdings official clinical investigation and in accordance with the manual of diagnostic procedures of samples for laboratory examinations for swine fever agent presence in the herd. The clinical and laboratory investigation shall be started not earlier than 40 days after the swine herd, and this time sites not allowed to export any pigs.
80. If during the vaccination campaign is used in swine fever vaccines labelled pursuant to the relevant decision of the European Commission, may be established exceptions to the vaccinated pig meat, fresh pigmeat labelling exploitation and dissemination if: 80.1. vaccination plan is agreed and submitted to the European Commission before the start of the vaccination campaign;
80.2. are sent information, requested by the European Commission, as well as a report on the implementation of the vaccination plan, and the results of the epizootiological situation report;
49.9. European Commission carried out research on the implementation of the vaccination plan in Latvia.
XIII. procedure for the vaccination of pigs in the Woods 81. on the basis of the epizootiological studies and if swine fever continues to spread the pig population, Forest Service decides to launch wild swine vaccination against swine fever.
82.81. These provisions in the case referred to in paragraph service builds and sends the harmonisation with the European Commission and the Permanent Veterinary Committee of the swine fever vaccination plan. Vaccination plan justifies the need for vaccination, including: 82.1. information on the disease situation, demonstrating the need to launch a vaccination campaign;
82.2. the size of the geographical area in which vaccinated pigs. This area can only be part of the infected area, established in accordance with the requirements of this regulation;
82.3. vaccination used for vaccines and vaccination procedures;
82.4. special measures to ensure the new animal vaccination;
82.5. the duration of the vaccination campaign;
82.6. approximate number of pigs to be vaccinated in the forest;
82.7. measures to prevent large forest pig population reduction;
82.8. the measures to be adopted to avoid the vaccine virus into flocks of domestic swine;
82.9. vaccination campaign results and the parameters that characterize the efficiency of vaccination;
82.10. on progress of the vaccination campaign and the institutions responsible for implementing;
82.11. system under which will be regularly ensure the transmission of the results of the vaccination campaign in the Group of experts for research;
82.12. other measures or information indicating the need for vaccination.
83. If the vaccination area is close to the other European Union Member State or territory is established on the territory of another Member State, the authorities shall cooperate with the competent authority of that Member State vaccination plan development and implementation.
84. Report of the vaccination plan progress and results with swine fever eradication plan of pigs in the forest Department every six months to the European Commission.
Informative reference to European Union directive rules included provisions deriving from Council of 23 October 2001 directive 2001/89/EC on Community measures for the control of classical swine fever.
Prime Minister i. Emsis Minister of Agriculture m. Roze Editorial Note: the entry into force of the provisions to 4 December 2004.
1. the annex to Cabinet of Ministers of 30 November 2004, regulations no 991 criteria that defines swine killing kontaktnovietn 1. Clinical signs will indicate the presence of the swine herd.
2. the movement of pigs from swine fever outbreak to kontaktnovietn after virus into an infected holding.
3. Kontaktnovietn is located in territory that has a high density of pigs.
4. The possible spread of the virus from a swine fever outbreak before swine fever eradication measures.
5. Kontaktnovietn is in 500 meters from the swine fever outbreak (this distance may be increased, if the kontaktnovietn is located in the territory, which has a large density of pigs).
6. the proximity of Kontaktnovietn more than one swine fever outbreak.
7. the pigs swine fever outbreak and/or kontaktnovietn.
Minister of agriculture m. Roze annex 2 of the Cabinet of Ministers of 30 November 2004, regulations no 991 criteria that defines swine vaccination yards 1. Swine fever outbreaks in the previous 10-20 days.
2. the accommodation location site (storage area that has a large density of pigs).
3. the swine fever outbreak in two or more likely next month.
4. Limited processing high risk material.
Minister of agriculture m. rose
Search Translated Laws of Latvia