Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/97432
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 1001 Riga 2004 30 November (pr. No 68 67) Youth Policy Coordination Council regulation Issued pursuant to the public administration facilities article 13 of the law on the general issue of i. 1. Youth Policy Coordination Council (hereinafter Council) is a consultative and coordinating body which aims to promote youth policy development and implementation in the country and youth involvement in the decision-making process.
II. the Council functions, tasks and functions of the Council of the law is to ensure a coherent implementation of youth policy in the country.
3. the Council shall have the following tasks: 3.1 to analyze the situation of youth policy;
3.2 make recommendations on priorities for youth policy;
3.3. make recommendations concerning legislation and policy planning document projects relating to youth;
3.4. to cooperate with other national institutions and non-governmental organizations on youth issues.
4. the Council shall have the following rights: 4.1 according to competence to request and receive from the entities to the Council the necessary information;
4.2. invite experts, as well as State and local government bodies and officials of other institutions in an advisory capacity to participate in the meetings of the Council.
III. composition of the Council in the composition of the Council is 5:5.1 the Minister of Economics;
5.2. the Interior Minister;
5.3. the Minister of education and science;
5.4. the Minister of welfare;
5.5. the Minister of culture;
5.6. the Minister of health;
5.7. the children and Family Affairs;
5.8. the special task Minister for society integration Affairs;
5.9. the Chairman of the Union of local authorities;
5.10. The Latvian Youth Council President.
6. the establishment of the Council approving the Prime Minister.
IV. Activities of the Council of the President of the Council is child and family Minister. The President of the Council: chaired by Council 7.1 the work;
7.2. without express authorisation of the representative Council;
7.3. convene the Council meeting and approve the agenda;
7.4. requests and receives information from the members of the Council;
7.5. create working groups for specific tasks;
7.6. invited to participate in the meetings of the Council of officers and experts;
7.7. signature of Council decisions, minutes of meetings and other documents of the Council.
8. The members of the Council: 8.1 shall prepare and submit to the Council proposals and information on youth policy implementation;
8.2. inform the Council of their representation in the field and in the preparation of the planned policy planning documents and legislation relating to the youth policy;
8.3. shall participate in the Board meetings, the preparation and adoption of decisions;
8.4. ensure the implementation of the decisions of their own bodies and give the Council a report on the implementation of decisions taken or progress.
9. the Council sits in the interim Council to coordinate the responsible Secretary. The responsible Secretary of children and Family Affairs Ministry representative, appoint the President of the Council.
10. the Council responsible Secretary: 10.1. prepare and not later than 14 days before the meeting of the Council electronically to the members of the Council and invited persons meeting agenda and materials escalated;
10.2. within seven days of the Council electronically to all the minutes of the proceedings of the Governing Council members, as well as send the Council decisions all involved institutions and officials note;
10.3. collect information on the execution of decisions of the Council;
10.4. the proceedings of the Council of succession.
11. operation of the facilities of the Council provide the children and Family Affairs Ministry.
12. The Council shall convene at least every six months. The Council meeting time and place determined by the Chairman of the Council. The President of the Council shall have the right to convene an extraordinary meeting of the Council at the request of at least three members of the Governing Council, submitting to the President of the Council of the reasoned submission.
13. the Council meetings are open to the public, if a specific Council decision provides otherwise.
14. the minutes of the Council. The Council recorded in the meeting agenda, meeting participants, and the decisions taken.
15. the Council are valid if they participate in the hearing, more than half of the members of the Council.
16. the Council decision shall be adopted by a simple majority. If the vote splits equal, the Chairman of the Board shall have a casting vote.
17. Each Member shall have the right to submit questions for inclusion in the regular session of the Council agenda, having informed the Secretary of the Board no later than five working days before the Council meeting.
Prime Minister i. Emsis child and Family Affairs Minister a. Baštik Editorial Note: the entry into force of the provisions to the 7 December 2004.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia