Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/98102
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 1014 Riga 2004 December 14 (Mon. No 72 25) and sexually transmitted skin disease State Agency Regulations Issued under the public law agency 8. the third paragraph of article i. General questions 1. Sexually transmitted skin disease and a Government Agency (hereinafter the Agency) is the Minister of health in the national monitoring authority.
2. the Agency aims to ensure methodological and institutional support for the Ministry of health, creating and implementing a sexually transmitted or contagious skin disease control policy, to give national regulatory authorities and the public information about sexually transmitted and contagious skin disease from spreading, as well as providing medical treatment and sexually transmitted skin disease sufferers.
II. Agency functions, tasks and rights 3. the Agency shall have the following functions: 3.1 create and develop sexually transmitted or contagious skin disease national cross-sectoral information and monitoring system and to coordinate its activities;
3.2. control the sexually transmitted or contagious skin disease prevention the implementation of national programmes;
3.3. to provide advice to State and local health authorities about sexually transmitted and skin disease in laboratory diagnosis and patient care quality;
3.4 to develop methodological recommendations on sexually transmitted or contagious skin disease from spreading and patient care;
3.5. providing outpatient dermatological and veneroloģisk medical help and sexually transmitted and skin disease in laboratory diagnostic services;
3.6. to participate in the healing of the person and the another health worker training;
3.7. provide training and practice base of higher and secondary special education students and other audience;
3.8. to promote the latest medical and scientific progress of the implementation in practice, participate in clinical research.
4. in order to ensure the fulfilment of the Agency's functions: 4.1 out sexually transmitted and skin contagious disease epidemiological surveillance;
4.2. in carrying out the arrangements of the pretepidēmij of sexually transmitted and skin perēkļo the epidemic of communicable diseases;
4.3. ensure patients outpatient health care, disease prevention, Diagnostics, treatment, treatment and patient counselling of persons;
4.4 provides the basis for research in medicine and related sciences with medicine;
4.5. the treatment of persons participating and other health care workers education;
4.6. the provision of advice in the practice and theoretical medicine and sexually transmitted skin disease;
4.7. appropriate competency hosting conferences, seminars, courses, exhibitions and other events;
4.8. sexually transmitted diseases provides special diagnosis;
4.9. According to competence, cooperate with State and local authorities, non-governmental organizations, natural and legal persons and international institutions and sexually transmitted skin disease from spreading.
5. the Agency shall have the following rights: 5.1. to request and receive, free of charge from the State and municipal institutions, as well as of natural and legal persons for the functions of the Agency the necessary information;
5.2. to charge fees for services rendered;
5.3. to participate in disease prevention and health promotion activities.
III. Agency governance 6. The work of the agency headed by the Director of the Agency. The Agency's Director of law by public agency and the equipment of the public administration Act direct authorities managerial functions.
7. The Director recruiting and dismissal of the Health Minister. The Director of the Agency can be alternates.
IV. Agency Advisory Board 8. To promote the cross-sectoral cooperation, the Minister of health shall establish the Agency's Advisory Board (hereinafter the Board).
9. the Advisory Council shall operate in accordance with the Statute of the Council.
10. The Board's task is to promote the development of the Agency's effective implementation of the strategy.
11. the work of the Council to ensure the Agency's facilities.
V. Agency assets and financial resources 12. The Agency's financial resources shall consist of: 12.1. Government grants from the general revenue;
12.2. the same revenue, revenue for paid services rendered by the Agency;
12.3. donations and gifts;
12.4. foreign financial assistance.
13. the law on the Agency's budget and financial management in the order with the permission of the Minister of Finance has the right to take loans and to conclude the leasing (leasing) agreements. Prior authorization of the Minister of finance transactions that the documentation prepared by the Agency in line with the Health Ministry.
14. the Agency with its possession passed to the Act public law agency in article 16.
Vi. Activities of the Agency in ensuring the rule of law and reporting 15. Agency staff decisions and actual action may be challenged, submitting the application the Agency Director.
16. The Director of the Agency to succeed administrative provisions and actual action may be challenged in the Ministry of health. The Ministry of health decision may appeal to the Court.
17. the Agency at least once a year, give the Health Minister's overview of the Agency's functions and the use of budget resources management in accordance with the procedure laid down in the Treaty and within the time limit.
Prime Minister a. Halloween Health Minister g. Smith Editorial Note: rules shall enter into force on 18 December 2004.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia