Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/99377
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 24 in Riga on 11 January 2005 (pr. Nr. 3 38) amended the National Security Act issued in the Republic of Latvia article 81 of the Constitution in order to make the National Security Act (Republic of Latvia Saeima and the Cabinet of Ministers rapporteur, 2001, nr. 3; 2002, 1, 12 no, 12, 23; 2003. No; 2004, nr. 9; Latvian journal, 2004, nr. 199.) the following amendments: 1. Add to article 10, the first part with point 7 by the following: ' 7) determines the type of danger, intensity and nature of the national security system according to the extreme degree of readiness. "
2. To supplement the law with article 15.2 the following: ' article 15.2. Information analysis officers (1) The information analysis officers subject to the national security authorities statutory public safety officials the conditions, restrictions, responsibilities, rights, social guarantees and protection of information.
(2) information analysis officers pay is determined by the Cabinet of Ministers. "
3. Express article 22 the following: ' article 22. Country risk (1) depending on the type of risk of the country, its intensity and character, as well as the endangered areas the size of appropriate national security emergency preparedness system, as well as the law can promulgate emergency or exceptional condition.
(2) national security emergency preparedness system is ready the country risks a risk prevention and management measures, procedures and plans for the implementation of the general public and Government institutions. National security emergency preparedness system to determine the time that is required to prevent the possible public hazard or overcome the public hazards and carry out its relief emergency measures.
(3) emergency opening of natural disasters or accidents, epidemics, epizootic diseases, epifitotij, public disorder, terrorism and armed conflict in cases where a significant threat to the public, the environment or economic security.
(4) in exceptional condition, if the national threat advertised external enemy or if a country or a part thereof has broken out, or threatens to break out the internal unrest which threatens the existing state machine.
(5) emergency and exceptional conditions can announce a mobilization to deal with national security and national defence related tasks, as well as eliminate emergency, and their consequences. "
4. Article 23: make the second and the third part as follows: "(2) the competence of the Ministry predicts the current risks and planning risk prevention, management, and the possible consequences. Sectoral projections and risk prevention, management, and the possible consequences of the plans of the Ministry Cabinet duly submitted to crisis management Council evaluation and use in the work of the Council.
(3) in the case of a threat to the national risk management measures for the sector run by responsible Ministry. ";
to supplement the article with the sixth part as follows: "(6) By crisis management the Council proposal by the Cabinet of Ministers may establish the appropriate ranking national security system emergency preparedness."
5. To supplement the law with 23.1, 23.2 and 23.3 article as follows: "article 23.1. Crisis management Council (1) in the case of national risk crisis management the Council coordinated civil-military cooperation and the Governments, operational risk management measures in the country.
(2) crisis management Council by-laws approved by the Cabinet of Ministers.
23.2 article. Crisis management Council (1) crisis management the Council headed by the Prime Minister.
(2) crisis management the Council members are: 1) the Minister of defence;
2) Minister of Foreign Affairs;
3) Minister of Economic Affairs;
4) the Minister of finance;
5) Interior Minister;
6) the Minister of Justice;
7) Health Minister.
(3) On crisis management Council meeting in an advisory capacity may invite heads of national security and other government officials.
23.3 article. Crisis management the Council's competence in crisis management, the Council: 1) coordinated by the national risk management operational command;
2) coordinated by the national governing body of the national risk prevention plans;
3) prepare for submission to the Cabinet of Ministers proposals on national security system emergency preparedness;
4) in the case of danger the country is coordinated by a single political decision and in good government institutions. "
6. Express article 24, first paragraph, point 2 as follows: "2) convened the parliamentary decision on the Declaration of war and launch;".
Prime Minister a. Halloween Defense Minister e. Repše Editorial Note: rules shall enter into force on 14 January 2005.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia