Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/99939
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 47, Riga, 18 January 2005 (pr. 5. § 14) sports medicine State Agency Regulations Issued under the public law agency 8. the third paragraph of article i. General questions 1. Sports Medicine State Agency (hereinafter the Agency) is the Minister of health in the national monitoring authority.
2. the Agency aims to provide inhabitants (athletes and children with increased physical load) physical health care and coordinate physical health measures, as well as to take the necessary measures to implement the Council of Europe on 16 November 1989, the Anti-Doping Convention No. 135 (hereinafter referred to as the Anti-Doping Convention) rules.
II. Agency functions, tasks and rights 3. the Agency shall have the following functions: to provide 3.1 Government institutions in support of population information physical health care and sports policy;
3.2. to coordinate the implementation of the strategy of sports medicine;
3.3. carry out doping control and other measures, in accordance with the Anti-Doping Convention;
3.4. to collect and analyze data related to population (particularly of children and adolescents), physical development and training;
3.5. ensuring health care and medical supervision of athletes and children with increased physical load, as well as to coordinate the health care and medical surveillance;
3.6. to provide State and local authorities, as well as natural and legal persons, residents of the sports physical medical health care and medical rehabilitation services, as well as to carry out doping controls;
3.7. to manage and implement the sports medicine and physical health care programs.
4. the Agency shall have the following tasks: 4.1 according to the sports law and health care regulatory laws as well as the Council of Europe's Sports Development Committee developed the EUROFI methods requirements make the population (particularly of children and adolescents) physical development, physical fitness and integrity, as well as movement and support AIDS research, collect and analyze data, compare them with other countries obtain relevant data, and to develop recommendations to increase the population (particularly of children and adolescents) physical fitness level and create the correct posture for children;
4.2. create and maintain a database "EUROFI information system";
4.3. carry out and coordinate health care and medical supervision of athletes and children with increased physical load: 4.3.1. drill in the preventive medical examinations in Riga and (after sports organisations request) areas;
4.3.2. to take the stage, current and additional preventive medical check-ups workout before competition and sports camps and during as well as after my illness or injury;
4.3.3. the medical pedagogical observations sports and competition, taking into account mikrocikl and makrocikl;
4.3.4. to diagnose and treat with physical activity and sports-related diseases, injuries and physical effects of congestion, as well as to carry out preventive measures to prevent it;
4.3.5. make medical rehabilitation measures;
4.3.6. to provide laboratory services;
4.3.7. participate in competitive sports and sports teaching and training camps participants in health care;
4.3.8. create and maintain a database of "sports medicine database information system";
4.3.9. collect and analyze data on athletes and children with increased physical load of the health state;
4.4. to organize and coordinate anti-doping activities in the country: 4.4.1. to coordinate anti-doping activities set out in the Convention;
4.4.2. the laws and regulations in order to organize and make a doping control for athletes according to the Anti-Doping Committee approved the plan, or in accordance with the sports organisations;
4.4.3. to identify doping and doping problems in society and to develop proposals for doping substances to limit and control of movement outside the sports field;
4.4.4. prepare, and in collaboration with the education and sports organisations as well as the media to plan and implement educational programmes, organise information campaigns on doping, health hazards and the adverse consequences of doping;
4.4.5. to promote and maintain a cross-sectoral and transnational cooperation in the implementation of anti-doping measures;
4.5. to participate in the public health strategy, to collect, compile and analyze information related to public health strategies for the achievement of the objectives of sports medicine and physical health of the population;
4.6. improve and develop sports medicine (anti-doping) information and monitoring system and to coordinate its activities;
4.7. to submit the proposals to the Ministry of health on matters related to sports medicine, anti-doping measures and physical health of the population, as well as to participate in the drafting of legislation;
4.8. to promote and develop the research work of sports medicine and anti-doping measures, as well as the physical health of the population;
4.9. the development of methodological recommendations for sports medicine and physical health of the population;
4.10. to provide sports medicine Congress, conferences and seminars at national and international level, as well as participate in;
4.11. in cooperation with educational institutions to participate in the training of students and postgraduate specialization in sports medicine and physical health of the population;
4.12. to train medical, educational and other industry professionals and to raise their qualification in sports medicine and physical health of the population;
4.13. in cooperation with the Latvian Sports Medical Association to organise sports medicine specialist training and certification measures;
4.14. According to competence to cooperate with State and local authorities, natural or legal persons and international institutions and sports medicine physical health care issues.
5. the Agency shall have the following rights: 5.1. to request and receive, free of charge from the national regulatory authorities, as well as of natural and legal persons for the functions of the Agency the necessary information;
5.2. publish informational materials and provide information to the media on the Agency's competence issues;
5.3. invite experts in the performance of tasks of the Agency;
5.4. the charge for public services provided by the Agency in accordance with the public service pricing.
III. Agency governance 6. The work of the agency headed by the Director of the Agency. The Agency's Director of law by public agency and the equipment of the public administration Act direct authorities managerial functions. The Director of the Agency can be alternates.
7. the Agency shall be entitled to create a territorial unit. Agency competence of the departments of the Agency Director.
IV. Agency Advisory Board 8. To promote the cross-sectoral cooperation, the Minister of health shall establish the Agency's Advisory Board (hereinafter the Board).
9. the Advisory Council shall operate in accordance with the Statute of the Council.
10. The Board's task is to promote the development of the Agency's strategy for effective implementation.
11. the work of the Council to ensure the Agency's facilities.
(V). the Agency's financial resources and assets 12. the Agency's financial resources shall consist of: 12.1. Government grants from the general revenue;
12.2. revenue for paid services rendered by the Agency;
12.3. foreign financial assistance;
12.4. donations and gifts.
13. the law on the Agency's budget and financial management in the order with the permission of the Minister of Finance has the right to take loans and to conclude the leasing (leasing) agreements. Prior authorization of the Minister of finance transactions that the documentation prepared by the Agency in line with the Health Ministry.
14. the Agency is empowered to enter into commitments in the amount of the settlement or to compensation for non-performance would not affect the Agency's functions.
Vi. Activities of the Agency in ensuring the rule of law and reporting 15. Agency staff decisions and actual action may be challenged, submitting the application the Agency Director.
16. The Director of the Agency to succeed administrative provisions and actual action may be challenged in the Ministry of health. The Ministry of health decision may appeal to the Court.
17. the Agency shall prepare and submit to the Ministry of health of the current report and the annual report on the activities of the Agency and the use of financial resources.
Prime Minister a. Halloween Health Minister g. Smith Editorial Note: regulations shall enter into force by January 22, 2005.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia