Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/100270
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 55 of 2005 in Riga on January 25th (Mon. Nr. 6) 37 Criminal money laundering Prevention Council regulation Issued pursuant to the public administration Act, article 13 of the equipment 1. Criminal money laundering Prevention Council (hereinafter Council) is the coordinating body whose goal is to harmonize and streamline public institutions of criminal money laundering prevention.
2. The Council shall have the following functions: 2.1. prioritize criminal money laundering prevention;
2.2. develop criminal money laundering prevention work plan and monitor its implementation;
2.3. to coordinate the activities of State criminal money laundering prevention;
2.4. to consider proposals on the development of criminal laws to prevent money laundering and to decide on their future direction;
2.5. to promote cooperation with foreign institutions responsible on laundering.
3. the tasks and decisions of the Council of the members of the Council will be implemented, subject to the laws and other legal rights and powers.
4. the Council shall have the following rights: 4.1. assess criminal money-laundering prevention system effectiveness;
4.2. to request and receive from the State and other institutions for the mess the pad information, opinions and explanations;
4.3. to invite to participate in the meetings of the Council of State and other officials and employees of the institutions;
4.4. to ask the national authorities to develop a draft criminal law on money laundering prevention;
4.5. any other measures taken to fulfil the functions of the Council.
5. the Council shall consist of: 5.1. Prime Minister (subject to the Secretary of the Council);
5.2. the Interior Minister;
5.3. the Minister of finance;
5.4. the Minister of Justice;
5.5. the President of the Supreme Court;
5.6. the Attorney-General;
5.7. the President of the Bank of Latvia;
5.8. the financial and capital market Commission's Chairman.
6. at the invitation of the Chairman of the Council may participate in the meetings of the Council of the Court in the other State officials and specialists.
7. the Council shall be valid if they are sitting on at least five of the members of the Council.
8. the President of the Council in the absence of his duties out of the mess President ordered to pass a member of the Council.
9. the Council decision shall be adopted by a simple majority. If the vote splits equal, the Chairman of the Board shall have a casting vote.
10. The President of the Council: 10.1. not less frequently than quarterly to convene the Council meeting, the agenda and chair the Council meetings;
10.2. the signature of Council decisions, minutes of meetings and other documents of the Council;
UR10.3.bez express authorisation by the representative Council.
11. the Council shall convene the meeting even if it proposes any of the members of the Council.
12. the minutes of the Council. The Council recorded in the agenda and decisions, as well as persons who participated in the meeting, and the people who commented on the matter and the views expressed.
13. The Council meeting agenda and materials submitted for consideration by the Council shall prepare, as well as the Permanent Council functions facilities provide financial and capital market Commission.
Prime Minister a. Halloween Interior Minister er ivry Editorial Note: rules shall enter into force on 28 January 2005.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia