Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/100416
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 57, Riga, 25 January 2005 (pr. 6. § 7) national metrology Council regulation Issued pursuant to the public administration Act, article 13 of the equipment 1. National Metrology Council (hereinafter Council) is a consultative body that participate in national policy making with the measurement unity on matters related to the protection of human life and health and the environment from inaccurate and incorrect measurement of the negative consequences, as well as to promote the country's economic development and international cooperation in the field of metrology.
2. The Council shall have the following functions: 2.1. participate in metrological support policy formulation and the true infrastructure;
2.2. to review and recommend approval of metrological assurance programs;
2.3. submit proposals for legislation relating to the measurement of unity, and according to the competency to participate in it;
2.4. to cooperate with the international metrological organizations.
3. The President of the Council is the Secretary of the Ministry of the economy. The Council is composed of the following State institutions and representatives of non-governmental organisations: the Ministry of Economy 3.1. representative;
3.2. a representative of the Ministry of finance;
3.3. a representative of the Ministry of the Interior;
3.4. the representative of the Ministry of welfare;
3.5. a representative of the Ministry of transport;
3.6. a representative of the Ministry of the environment;
3.7. the representative of the Ministry of agriculture;
3.8. the two Latvian employers ' Confederation;
3.9. the Latvian Chamber of Commerce and industry spokesman;
3.10. a representative of the University of Latvia;
3.11. the representative of the Academy of Sciences;
3.12. public limited liability company "Latvian National metroloģ nary Center representative;
3.13. Consumer Protection Center representative;
3.14. Riga Technical University representative;
3.15. the national agency "Latvian National Accreditation Bureau" representative;
3.16. State metrological inspection agent.
4. establishment of the Council, and the Council's internal rules approved by the Minister of Economic Affairs.
5. the Council of members shall elect the Deputy Chairman of the Council. Deputy Chairman of the Council shall carry out the duties of the Chairman during his absence.
6. the work of the Council in an advisory capacity can participate in the full manufactures other State institutions and representatives of non-governmental organizations concerned with the unity of measurements.
7. the functions of the Council Secretariat to ensure the Ministry of economy under the national budget.
8. The Council meets at least twice a year. Extraordinary meetings shall be convened at the request of the President of the Council or at least one third of the members of the Council. Members of the Council for the convening of the hearing shall inform the Secretariat.
9. the Council are valid if they participate in the hearing not less than half of the Board members.
10. the Council decisions, the open vote, by simple more funding. If the vote splits equal, the Chairman of the Board shall have a casting vote.
11. The decisions of the Council's recommendations.
12. Be declared unenforceable for Min three Cabinet of 31 august 1998, the provisions of no. 332 "Statute of the Council of the National Metrology" (Latvian journal, 1998, nr. 252).
Prime Minister a. Halloween economic Minister A.r. Kariņš Editorial Note: rules shall enter into force on 29 January 2005.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia