Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/100666
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 69 in Riga on 25 January 2005 (pr. No 6 27) provisions on control arrangements in the area of road transport have been issued in accordance with the Cabinet of Ministers Act article 14 equipment, first paragraph, point 3 i. General questions 1. determines the control arrangements in the area of road transport. The rules are binding on all natural and legal persons, irrespective of the type of property carrying passengers or cargo (hereinafter referred to as the carrier), and the services that control passenger and freight transport.
2. the control objective is to ensure that passenger and cargo (hereinafter services) would be undertaken in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Latvia and the international agreements binding for Latvia and ensure public, carriers and consumer interests.
3. Controls shall be carried out as follows: 3.1 Control Services Directorate in accordance with the Road traffic issued by Minister of internal regulations;
3.2. Republican city councils and District Councils (hereinafter the municipality) control services or local authorized for authority (Amat), in accordance with the procedure approved by the municipality;
3.3. the carrier control services in accordance with the carrier's approved internal procedures;
3.4. border inspection posts of the Republic of Latvia to the Republic of Latvia and the Government of the Russian Federation, on the border of the Republic of Latvia and the Republic of Belarus State border, as well as ports: 3.4.1. State border guard of the controls: 22.214.171.124. documents certifying the right to drive the relevant categories of the autotran feature port;
126.96.36.199. vehicle registration document;
188.8.131.52. vehicle owner's civil liability compulsory insurance;
184.108.40.206. the power of the vehicle's use, if upon departure from Latvia, the vehicle is not located on the owner;
220.127.116.11. the vehicle's technical condition;
18.104.22.168. the regular route between the folksy bus permit routes;
22.214.171.124. passenger list (Formulary), making a mark on the examination of the actual situation found compliance with the passenger list (Formulary) that, except where the transport is carried out in accordance with the regular international bus routes;
3.4.2. the customs authority control: 126.96.36.199. permission for bulky and heavy freight;
188.8.131.52. rules of cargo securing fulfilment of requirements;
184.108.40.206. the actual weight of the vehicle or axle loads and dimensions;
220.127.116.11. the transport of dangerous goods regulations requirements, creating for each tested the road vehicle for the transport of dangerous goods by road test report in triplicate (annex). The first copy of the Protocol is stored by the control authorities, the second copy shall be issued by the head of the inspected vehicles, the third copy shall be sent to the Directorate of road transport;
18.104.22.168. a foreign registered vehicle in international agreements and protocols on transport by road of certain international transport (such as bilateral journeys, in transit to or from third countries, combined shipping, per journey, multiple trips, ro-ro traffic), compliance with the transport authorization in connection with other documents and information for shippers and recipients, as well as making marks in permits and register them in accordance with the Minister of finance and Transport Ministers issued instructions;
22.214.171.124. Latvia registered autotran feature for the port border crossing permits, business licenses, certificate of own-account transport operations, the European Community permit and a copy of the driver attestation of the European Community (where the driver is not a citizen of a Member State of the Union);
3.5. border inspection posts of the Republic of Latvia to the Republic of Latvia and the Republic of Estonia, the State border, as well as to the Republic of Latvia and Republic of Lithuania's State border guard of the country in addition to the provisions referred to in paragraph 3.4.1 control and according to sais toš Latvia international treaties and protocols on transport control defined for international road transport permits and permits made to the marks, if the vehicle is registered in a State which is not a Member State of the European Union.
4. the control services shall be coordinated and methodical management organised by the Ministry of transportation.
5. the Directorate of road transport, surveillance and control, if necessary, shall cooperate and exchange information with other State and local governments control services, State police, local police, customs authorities, the National Guard, the State revenue service and State labour inspection. On the nature and extent of cooperation between the institutions is mutually agreed.
6. State and local control services and local authorized institutions (officials), taking control, if necessary, cooperate with the national border guards, customs authorities, the State revenue service and State labour inspection.
7. This rule 3.1, 3.2 and 3.3 above the bottom control services employees (hereinafter Inspector), their duties, is present in a specific pattern controller card. Model of certificate duly approved traffic, the Minister of local government, or the carrier's head of inspection services. The controller's certificate shall include the following: 7.1. name of institution;
7.2. the licence number;
7.3. official posts, name and last name;
7.4. the period of validity of the licence;
7.5. the rules referred to in paragraph 18 of the Inspector;
7.6. the officers of the photo.
8. the controller should be uniform, and starting control, they give one's position, name and surname. The controller's certificate presented at the request of the person in control.
9. Control Services may employ inspectors only after apdrošinājuš of their health and life.
II. Control procedures 10. Directorate for road transport in the territory controlled by: 10.1. compliance with the provisions of the carriage of passengers (regular and irregular between folksy and long-distance traffic);
10.2. compliance with the rules of cargo, including dangerous goods transport regulations. For each road vehicle tested shall be drawn up for the transport of dangerous goods by road test report in duplicate. The first copy of the Protocol is stored by the control authorities, the second copy shall be issued by the head of the inspected vehicles;
10.3. motorists down the working and rest time and the recording device compliance, organized each year by check to: 10.3.1. they cover at least 1% of working days where the transport drivers, covered and rest mode;
10.3.2. at least 15% of drivers working for the total number of inspections to be carried out on roads and 25% at the premises of the company;
10.4. the bus station and other līnijbūvj the situation and if they are used in the transport of international and long distance service;
10.5. passenger and freight transport services on own account rules.
11. Road Transport Directorate consider breaches international auto transport, based on the documents received from foreign control authorities.
12. the Directorate of road transport has the right, in agreement with the local authorities concerned and the carrier control services to perform the functions of that service.
13. the City Council of the Republic and the District Council may create or empower appropriate bodies (officials) to create transport control services in its administrative territory controlled: 13.1. city or district in compliance with the provisions of the carriage of passengers (regular and non-regular services);
13.2. the taxi passenger transport regulations;
13.4. the bus station and another līnijbūvj situation and action.
14. Local control services in agreement with the Directorate of road transport in the territory of the municipality is entitled to control the rules of carriage referred to in paragraph 10 of the regulations, with the exception of the rules on the carriage between the folksy.
15. The carrier control services only have the power to control your business thrive.
16. The carrier under the contract or agreement are entitled, in the exercise of control functions, to cooperate with other control bodies.
17. Road vehicles typically controls during the time it stops, bus stations, cargo loading and dispensing, but also passenger transport-vehicle movement. Between cargo and international control is usually performed by border crossings, customs warehouses, ports, railway stations, cargo loading and dispensing locations.
III. duties of the controller and the rights of the controllers have the right 18.: 18.1. require the driver to produce transport documents specified in the rules;
18.3. controlling compliance with the transport regulations, to be in control of the company in the territory, James
18.4. the free of charge during controls located within the vehicle during its movement (except passenger and route taxis).
19. the infringement Found, the inspector shall assess the situation and determine the nature of the violation, as well as the ma decides to stop illegal actions and punish violators or shall draw up a document and send it to the infringement upon jurisdiction.
Informative reference to European Union directives, the regulations include provisions resulting from: 1) Council of 23 November 1988 of Directive 88/599/EEC on standard checking procedures for the implementation of Council Regulation (EEC) No 3820/85 on the harmonisation of certain social legislation relating to road transport and Regulation (EEC) No 3821/85 on recording equipment in road transport;
2) Council on 6 October 1995 directive 95/50/EC on uniform procedures for checks on the transport of dangerous goods by road, as amended by Council Directive 2004/113/EC.
Prime Minister a. Halloween traffic Minister a. shlesers Editorial Note: the entry into force of the provisions with the February 3, 2005.
Annex a Cabinet of 25 January 2005, the provisions of no. 69 traffic Minister a. shlesers
Search Translated Laws of Latvia