Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/101568
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 118, Riga 2005 (8 February. 8 § 35) Sports Administration Regulations Issued pursuant to the public administration Act, article 16 of the equipment the first part i. General question 1. Sports Board (hereinafter the Board) is the Minister of education and science of the direct regulatory authority.
II. Administrative functions, tasks and rights 2. The Board has the following features: 2.1. implement unified State policies in the field of sport;
2.2. other regulations in certain functions.
3. in order to ensure the performance of the Administration function performs the following tasks: 3.1. prepare and submit to the Ministry of education and science in the regulatory acts, as well as provide suggestions for the development of legislation in the field of sport and development;
3.2. shall prepare and submit to the Ministry of education and science in proposals for a Government project to ensure sports policy;
3.3. in accordance with the law on State budget for the current year appropriation for administering sport assigned allocated to the State budget;
3.4. make recognition a Federation sport legislation on the recognition of sports federations in the order, as well as controls the operation of recognised sports federations in the field of sport;
3.5. maintain and update the legislation on the recognition of sports federations established a register of recognised sports federations;
3.6. facilities support the Latvian National Sports Council;
3.7. According to competence, cooperate with State and local authorities, natural or legal persons and foreign and international institutions;
3.8. provide methodological guidance and control for working with talented young athletes;
3.9. coordinates and manages the work of sports educational institutions, as well as youth sports activities;
3.10. the laws and regulations in the order organizes and coordinates the activities of national sport bases, in the field of sport;
3.11. the legislation provides in order to ensure compliance with the European Convention on Spectator and rude behavior at sporting events, especially football matches, commitments in the field of sport;
3.12 implemented targeted international cooperation in the field of sport and ensure representation of Latvia in international sports organizations;
3.13. promote sports and healthy lifestyle, as well as useful leisure facilities sport and physical exercise;
3.14. the administrative management in the use of State property and ensure its rational and effective use;
3.15. in private transactions, which require regulatory action;
3.16. inform the public about the regulatory activities;
3.17. the laws and carrying out other tasks.
4. The Board has the following rights: 4.1 legislation in order to request and receive, free of charge from natural and legal persons, as well as State and local authorities in the management tasks required information;
4.2. external law cases to issue administrative acts;
4.3. creating the Council, the Commission and the Working Group regulatory competence issues;
UR4.4.sl UDE with natural and legal persons for the performance of administrative activities work;
4.5. implement the laws and other rights.
III. Governance structure and competence of officials 5. Administration run by the head of Government. Administration Manager shall be appointed and relieved of the post of Minister of education and science.
6. the administrative head of the State administration of machine made statutory direct public administration functions.
7. the heads of Government creates regulatory internal organisational structure.
IV. Administration of justice activities and reporting the actions of Government 8. the rule of law provides the regulatory Chief. Administration Manager is responsible for management decisions to the establishment and operation of the system.
9. the heads of Government shall have the right to cancel decisions of regulatory officials, as well as the internal regulations.
10. the heads of Government will decide on the individuals officials issued the contested administrative act or the administrative management officer or employee actual action if external laws and regulations unless otherwise specified.
11. the heads of Government issued by administrative provisions and actual action may be challenged in the Ministry of education and science. The Ministry of education and science of the decision may be appealed in court.
12. the administrative head of the not less frequently than once a year, provide to the Minister of education and science review of the implementation of the regulatory function of the State and budget, as well as laws and regulations be prepared within a public annual report on the implementation of the sectoral policy.
Prime Minister a. Halloween, Minister of education and Science (I). Druviet is the Editorial Note: the entry into force of the provisions to the 16 February 2005.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia