Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/101888
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 122 in Riga in 2005 (15 February. Nr. 5) 9, the State border guard of the Regulations Issued under the public administration Act, article 16 of the equipment the first part i. General questions 1. National Guard is under the supervision of the Minister for the Interior of an existing armed direct regulatory authority in the exercise of State border security policies, as well as — according to competence, national migration policy.
2. the National Guard's aim is the State border inviolability, as well as the prevention of illegal migration.
II. State border guard functions, tasks and responsibilities 3. State border guard of the legal basis of activity, tasks, functions and competence of the border guard Act and certain other laws that regulate State border guard activities.
III. State border guard Administration 4. State border guard shall be headed by a Chief of State border guard.
5. State border guard chiefs after the recommendation of the Minister of the Interior appointed and released from Office by the Cabinet of Ministers.
6. State border guard Chief: 6.1. organizes and manages the permanent Republic of Latvia State border protection and control, as well as on the entry and residence of foreigners;
6.2. organise the State border protection plan and is responsible for its implementation;
6.3. the border guards shall organise vocational training and qualifications;
6.4. other equipment of the public administration Act direct authorities managerial functions.
7. State border guard structure and organisation of the national border guard.
IV. State border guard activities ensuring the rule of law and reporting 8. State border guard activities law provides the national border guard Chief. The national border guard Chief is responsible for the management decisions for the creation and operation of the system.
9. State border guard Chief has the right to cancel the national border guard official accepted managerial decisions.
10. State border guard Chief decides on individuals challenge the national border guard officials issued the administrative act or actual action.
11. State border guard Chief to succeed administrative provisions and actual action may be challenged in the Ministry of the Interior. The decision of the Ministry of the Interior may appeal to the Court.
12. State border guard Chief not less frequently than once a year, submit to the Minister of Internal Affairs report on the State border guard functions and the use of budget resources, as well as laws and regulations be prepared within a public annual report.
V. closing question 13. Be declared unenforceable in the Cabinet of 7 April 1998, Regulation No 122, "the State border guard of the Charter" (Latvian journal, 1998, 97. nr.).
Prime Minister-Minister of Justice s. Āboltiņ 's Interior Minister er ivry Editorial Note: rules shall enter into force on the 19th February 2005.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia