Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/103989
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 186, Riga, 15 March 2005 (pr. 14. § 18) national mental health agency regulations Issued under the public law agency 8. the third paragraph of article i. General questions 1. Mental health public agency (hereinafter Agency) health monitoring in the three mentioned the national regulatory authority.
2. the Agency aims to provide patients with highly qualified and specialized professional psychiatric help mental and behavioural disorder, treatment, diagnosis, prevention and mental rehabilitation, as well as to provide guidance to the Ministry of health and the organizational support of the mental health policy development and implementation.
II. Agency functions, tasks and rights 3. the Agency shall have the following functions: 3.1 provide outpatient and inpatient medical assistance (also tertiary care) persons found in the mental health or behavioural disorders;
3.2. provide medical use of coercive measures in psychiatric department with dedicated security guards;
3.3. develop methodological recommendations of mental illness and behavioral disorders treatment and diagnosis;
3.4. provide information and consultative support to the institutions of the public administration of mental health care;
3.5. build and develop mental health national cross-sectoral information and monitoring system and to coordinate its activities;
3.6. to provide advice to other medical institutions mental health issues;
3.7 manage mental health national program implementation;
3.8. carry out psychiatric rehabilitation;
3.9. the judicial psychiatric and judicial psychological expertise;
3.10. ensuring the clinical education base in State and local health professionals to execute the order.
4. the Agency shall have the following tasks: 4.1 to provide highly qualified and specialized professional assistance to the population and behavioral disorder, psychiatric diagnosis, treatment, prevention and mental rehabilitation;
4.2. ensure and coordinate the organizational and methodological work by the Ministry of health in implementing the policy in the field of mental health;
4.3. prepare and provide the information to the authorities of the professional advice of a mental health issues;
4.4. to provide information to the other with mental health-related institutions, to evaluate the mental health sector and development perspective;
4.5. If necessary, to provide medical treatment institutions and consultative assistance for mental health issues;
4.6. coordinate, monitor and implement national programmes and international projects in the field of mental health;
4.7 providing patients with psychiatric rehabilitation services;
4.8. ensuring cooperation with other medical professionals in the sector;
4.9. According to legislation, international treaties and concluded the Agency's competency to represent Latvia abroad, including cooperation with international organisations, psychiatric issues;
4.10. to ensure the research mental health sector and cooperation with the media, as well as mental health international subsidiary;
4.11. at the request of law enforcement authorities to conduct a judicial psychiatric and psychological expertise of the courts, as well as outpatient hospital (psychiatric wards with security guards and without it);
4.12. ensuring the clinical base for different treatment in the preparation of sectoral specialists in mental health issues.
5. the Agency shall have the following rights: 5.1. to request and receive, free of charge from the State and municipal institutions, as well as the laws and regulations in the order of natural and legal persons function information required;
5.2. to provide public services in charge of mental illness and behavioral disorders in diagnosis, treatment, prevention and mental rehabilitation.
III. Agency governance 6. The work of the agency headed by the Director of the Agency. The Agency's Director of law by public agency and the equipment of the public administration Act direct authorities managerial functions. The Director of the Agency can be alternates.
7. The Agency may be the territorial unit. Each territorial unit shall operate in accordance with the Agency's Director of territorial unit approved rules of procedure.
IV. Agency Advisory Board 8. To encourage public policy implementation, cross-sectoral cooperation and develop proposals for psychiatric issues, the Minister of health shall establish the Agency's Advisory Board (hereinafter the Board).
9. the Advisory Council shall operate in accordance with the regulations approved by the Minister of health.
10. the Advisory Board has the following tasks: 10.1. analyze results of the activities of the Agency and to the Minister of health to provide opinions and proposals for the medium-term actions and development strategy (the strategy) and improving the performance of the Agency to go;
10.2. to promote effective implementation of the strategy of the Agency;
10.3. promoting cooperation with the Agency in the implementation of the participating institutions;
10.4. collect and submit proposals to the Agency for the functions and duties of the Agency.
11. the work of the Council to ensure the Agency's facilities.
(V). the Agency's financial resources and assets 12. the Agency's financial resources shall consist of: 12.1. Government grants from the general revenue;
12.2. own revenue (revenue for the public of the Agency's services and projects to local competitions assigned funds);
12.3. donations, gifts and foreign financial assistance.
13. The law on the Agency's budget and financial management in the order with the permission of the Minister of Finance has the right to take loans and commitments. Prior authorization of the Minister of finance agency provisions of the transaction in question into line with the Health Ministry.
Vi. Activities of the Agency in ensuring the rule of law and reporting 14. Agency staff decisions and actual action may be challenged, submitting the application the Agency Director. The Agency Director's decision can be appealed in court.
15. The Director of the Agency to succeed administrative provisions and actual action may be challenged in the Ministry of health. The Ministry of health decision may appeal to the Court.
16. the Agency shall prepare and provide to the current Ministry of health, and an annual report on the activities of the Agency and the use of financial resources.
Prime Minister a. Halloween Health Minister g. Smith Editorial Note: the entry into force of the provisions by 19 March 2005.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia