Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/104521
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 202, Riga, 22 March 2005 (pr. No 15 13) State Language Center Regulations Issued pursuant to the public administration Act, article 16 of the equipment the first part i. General questions 1. The State language centre (hereinafter referred to as the Centre) is the Minister of Justice would need of a direct regulatory authority.
2. The Centre's objective is to implement the national policy on the observance of the laws and the supervision and control of the use of the national language.
II. the Centre's functions, tasks and responsibilities 3. The Centre shall have the following functions: 3.1 carry out monitoring of the laws of the State language;
3.2. to protect the national language of the user's rights and interests;
3.3. to determine the use of the national language of the country and areas of public life where laws;
3.4. promoting the language cultural alignment, in particular by promoting country-specific place names and protection.
4. in order to comply with the provisions referred to in paragraph 3, the function performs the following tasks: 4.1 develop and submit justice Minis three proposals for the country's development of the laws of language;
4.2. organized by the State language law enforcement related methodological and informational materials and issues;
4.3 monitor the State language law and the other national language-related legislation;
4.4. the necessary measures shall be taken to protect the national language of the user's rights and interests infringement of the State language law and the other national language of regulatory acts;
4.5. provide expert opinions on the spelling of place names.
5. According to the competence Centre: 5.1. cooperating with the State, local governments and other institutions, which ensure the functioning of the State language;
5.2. the regulations established shall cooperate with other countries and international organizations for the exchange of information and experience;
5.3. inform the public about the Centre's activities.
6. The Centre shall have the following rights: 6.1. external laws and cases, to request and receive, free of charge from individuals Centre functions require information;
UR6.2.sl UDE contracts with individuals about a particular work center;
6.3. the laws and regulations in order to make a purchase for the operation of the Centre;
6.4. the procedure laid down in the laws and about to give training and methodological materials for marketing and cognitive preparation paid services;
6.5. in accordance with the competency to represent Latvia in international organizations and activities, as well as operate in national and international funds and projects related to the national language;
6.6. control over enforcement of the laws in the area of official languages, visit the national regulatory authorities, commercial companies and organisations to meet with its officials, employees and self-employed persons;
6.7. to request to be distracted with the State language-related infringements;
6.8. the request so that it displays the State language proficiency certificate, or the certificate of basic education or general secondary education certificate;
6.9. to check the State of the language certificates of authenticity;
6.10. legislation in the cases and in order to submit test materials to the competent law enforcement authority;
6.11. to participate in the national language skills examination Commission meetings (Observer status);
6.12. the procedure laid down in the laws and invite people to attend the national language centre, where it is found in the State language law and the other national language regulating laws;
6.13. the laws and regulations in order to draw up the minutes of administrative offences and impose administrative sanctions;
6.14. law cases to issue administrative acts.
III. structure of the Centre and the competence of officials 7. The Centre shall be headed by the Director of the Centre. The Director of the Centre at the nomination of the approval of the Cabinet of Ministers is appointed by the Minister of Justice. The Director of the Centre shall be released from Office by the Minister of justice based on the Cabinet decision.
8. the Director of the Centre shall carry out public administration facilities Act direct authorities managerial functions as well: UR8.1.bez special authorisation represents Centre;
8.2. the power of officials or employees of the Centre represent the center of the State and municipal institutions, as well as relations with non-governmental and international organizations;
8.3. functions of the authority shall establish the Standing Commission of the Centre and other Commission and approve their statutes;
8.4. signature of the Commission decisions and opinions.
9. the Director of the centre comprise the Centre's internal organisational structure.
10. the Centre's officials is the Center's Director, Deputy Director, heads of unit and structure Inspector.
11. the Centre's officials according to competency are entitled: UR11.1.bez special permissions, fees and other restrictions to visit buildings, facilities, areas and other places where public events, marketing and/or services are provided, and to discharge these provisions and other legal tasks the national language of the rights and interests protection;
11.2. to request and receive from State and local authorities for the functions and duties of the Centre required information and documents;
11.3. to request and receive from persons whose professional obligations to perform according to the requirements of the laws and be able to use the national language, the national language skills certificate certified copy of this document authenticity verification;
11.4. the laws and regulations in order to check the officers, employees and the self-employed national linguistic laws and compliance requirements;
11.5. external laws and cases, to request and receive, free of charge, from the manufacturers, distributors, resellers, service providers, operators or their authorised representatives the information needed to assess the conformity of the goods or services to the requirements of the national language, or the officials of the Centre's functions or the exercise of functions;
11.6. to identify producers, distributors, sellers, service providers, operators or their authorised persons within which to provide a written response on the application by the consumer or the circumstances referred to in the complaint or to prevent the infringement of the law;
7.3. to draw up legislation and inspection of administrative offences, to examine the administrative offences and impose administrative sanctions;
11.8. If necessary, call upon law enforcement agencies staff specific issues.
12. the Centre's officials in the performance of official duties outside of work (service) premises approved by the Director of the Centre presented the service card.
IV. activities of the Centre and ensuring the rule of law activities 13. Center for Justice provides the Director of the Centre. The Director of the Centre is responsible for the Authority's internal control and management decisions for the creation and operation of the system.
14. the Director of the Centre shall be entitled to cancel the Center official decisions and succeed in the internal regulations.
15. the Director of the Centre shall take a decision on the individual's contested Center officials issued the administrative act or the officers and staff of the actual action. The Director of the Centre of the decisions a person can appeal to the Court.
16. the Director of the Centre to succeed administrative provisions and the actual conduct of the person may be referred to the Ministry of Justice. The Justice Ministry's decision can be appealed in court.
17. the Centre at least once a year or at the request of the Ministry of Justice report on the Centre's activities and its results.
V. closing question 18. Be declared unenforceable for Min three Cabinet of 22 august 2000 Regulation No 293 "national language centre rules" (Latvian journal, 2000, nr. 302; 2001, 17, nr. 162; 2002, nr. 49; 2003, no. 168).
Instead, the Prime Minister of children and Family Affairs Minister a. Baštik, Minister of Justice s. Āboltiņ Note: the wording of the entry into force of the provisions by 31 March 2005.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia