Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/104815
Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 210 in Riga 29 March 2005 (pr. 19. § 16) rules on civil aviation security measures required for complex Issued in accordance with the law "on the air" 57. the first paragraph of article i. General questions 1. determine the set of measures needed to ensure the security of civil aviation, to the effective implementation of European Parliament and Council Regulation No 2320/2002 establishing common rules in the field of civil aviation security, and the European Community legislation.
2. these provisions and the detailed requirements of the type developed by the national civil aviation security programme (hereinafter referred to as the national aviodrošīb program).
3. detailed requirements determined by the Civil Aviation Administration.
II. On civil aviation security authorities General obligations 4. National aviodrošīb programme for the coordination and the monitoring of the implementation of the Republic of Latvia is the institution in charge of Civil Aviation Administration.
5. Civil Aviation Administration duties: 5.1 develop an aviation safety (hereinafter aviodrošīb) measures, taking into account international civil aviation practice to use aviodrošīb control type and technology development, as well as international law;
5.2. develop and implement a national civil aviation security quality control programme;
5.3. to draw up a national civil aviation security training programme and monitor its implementation;
5.4. to approve airport in the Republic of Latvia registered air operators and other aviodrošīb-related business aviodrošīb programs developed;
5.5. to approve airport and air operators in developed aviodrošīb training programs;
5.6. certification services and the personnel carrying out the arrangements of the airport of aviodrošīb and other aviodrošīb-related business;
5.7 coordinate aviodrošīb activities before airport construction or reconstruction started, also the setup of equipment and systems projects;
5.8. under the risk situation to announce additional security measures for individual or all flights, if the received information about possible threats to civil aviation;
5.9. to inform operational airport, aircraft operators and other merchants of changes aviodrošīb activities;
5.10. regularly check the airport, air operators and other operators involved in the aviodrošīb the aviodrošīb the conformity of national measures of the aviodrošīb program.
6. Airport responsibilities: 6.1 develop aviodrošīb programmes of the airport and ensure the implementation of the measures provided for in the airport in practice;
6.2. appoint responsible employees of the aviodrošīb coordination and management of activities at the airport;
6.3. create aviodrošīb activities of the Airport Commission;
6.4. the harmonisation with the Interior Minis three operational headquarters to provide resources and technical support to implement the plan of action for the prevention of emergencies civil aviation activities;
6.5. to ensure all departing passengers and their baggage security check;
6.6. to determine the boundaries of the territory of the airport according to the airside part (which only allowed by the airport issue permits identifiable person and vehicle location) and uncontrollable part (where such identification occurs);
6.7. to prevent vehicle (also commercial) without leaving the airside part of surveillance, its buildings and other important objects nearby.
7. the aircraft operator to perform the carriage of passengers and luggage, as well as the transport of cargo, mail, express consignments and courier base flight at the airport or destination, shall take all necessary and possible measures to aviodrošīb.
8. the aircraft operator's responsibilities: 8.1 to appoint a responsible person aviodrošīb actions;
8.2. develop air operators to implement the aviodrošīb programme and its implementation;
8.3. to ensure full funding of aviodrošīb measures;
8.4. to inform passengers of the aircraft of the aircraft operator aviodrošīb set out requirements and request their compliance.
9. the use of airspace and air traffic organization commercial obligations of the company: 9.1. ensure protection of air navigation devices;
9.2. provide fixed telecommunications network of aviation (AFTN) 24-hour operation and monitoring;
9.3. to cooperate with airport authorities and other agencies to respond to the threats and acts of unlawful interference against civil aviation;
9.4. to report aviation fixed telecommunications network (AFTN) address list those foreign institutions for the illegal seizure of aircraft or other threats to civil aviation;
9.5. develop and implement the company's aviodrošīb program.
10. Commercial companies whose activities in accordance with the appropriate legislation (such as the lease or rental agreement) is associated with being in the airside part of the performance of the airport aviodrošīb program requirements and cooperate with the security control measures.
11. the police duties: 11.1. According to competence to collect, examine and evaluate information about threats to the security of civil aviation;
11.2. to inform the civil aviation authorities of the need to introduce additional aviodrošīb measures;
UR11.3.vad out special measures hostage seizure of aircraft, as well as the threat of an explosion and the discovery of explosive devices;
11.4. to exchange information with other participating States to the competent authorities about the threat to civil aviation or illegal interference in its operation;
11.5. to take measures to prevent acts of unlawful interference in civil aviation activities or threats, as well as prevent its consequences.
12. the police duties: 12.1. the maintenance of public order in the airport and the airport in uncontrolled surroundings, including checking the vehicles specified therein and while respected;
12.2. in accordance with the competence to collect, examine and evaluate information about threats to the security of civil aviation;
12.3. to cooperate with airport aviodrošīb services to safety checks;
12.4. to clarify the situation and to apprehend individuals who attempt to bring on board an aircraft or airport airside part of the weapons, dangerous objects or substances;
12.5. picket airport uncontrollably, but in part, there is a real threat, the airside.
13. State border guard port State responsibilities fly border crossings:
13.1. to spend up to the aircraft by persons who are expelled from the force of the Republic of Latvia;
13.2. to perform tasks in order to prevent unlawful acts of interference in the activities of civil aviation.
14. The State revenue service territorial authorities and customs administrations of the State revenue service Riga customs regional authority: 14.1. to cooperate with airport aviodrošīb services to detect dangerous or prohibited items in the luggage of passengers as well as cargo and postal items;
14.2. to control arms export licences before making the conveyance of weapons by air;
14.3. to report to law enforcement authorities for the transport of dangerous object detection.
15. The postal authorities ensure mailing safety inspection before transfer of consignment for carriage by air.
16. Freight agents, maintenance, as well as economic operators economic operators who take food items or equipment required for the flight of the delivery of the aircraft, the operator shall take the necessary and possible security measures, as well as ensure that would not be possible unauthorized access to airport airside part of the imported goods after security checks carried out.
III. Response to the threats and illegal interference acts 17. Drawing up a proposal For action in the situation, if the received threats or unlawful interference occurred in the civil aviation law in action (action plan), is the responsibility of the Ministry of internal affairs. The elaboration of the action plan involved the Ministry of transport, the Civil Aviation Administration, the air space and air traffic companies, the organisation of the airport and, if necessary, also other institutions.
18. Implementation of the action plan led by operational staff. Operational structure and composition of the headquarters of the Interior Ministry confirmed.
19. The implementation of the action plan will involve police, airport aviodrošīb, the airport administration, use of airspace organisation and air traffic companies, as well as airport police unit stationed in and border.
20. the national fire and rescue service and disaster Medical Center participates in the Act of illegal intervention, prevention and rehabilitation, as well as provide assistance to victims.
IV. final question 21. Be declared unenforceable for Min three cabinet 3 June 1997, Regulation No 220 "rules for civil aviation security measures required for complex (national civil aviation security program)".
Prime Minister, Minister of Foreign Affairs a. PABRIKS traffic Minister, child and Family Affairs Minister a. Baštik Editorial Note: the entry into force of the provisions by 2 April 2005.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia